Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 7, 7:50 AM
Feb 2012
It's been a silly persisting question I had about the world the story takes place in being all female (which in many was is awesome).

The questions is simple how does everyone give birth, is this planet like girls bravo where they do have men but they are so rare they are never seen or do they have other means.

Either way when I did a quick search I found no mention of this either way and found it both refreshing that it was not a sour point for some but also interesting that none of the top page in the results even brings it up.

So hit me with your knowledge of this worlds workings, or at least your insights as to the topic of reproduction (and just to be polite this is a purely normal function from which we all exist today thanks to).

Cheers and have an awesome day.

PS: for what it's worth I dig the idea that a world does not necessarily need both genders to rock a good plot, it's more the lack of explanation/exposition that leads to the questions :-)
Mar 7, 7:59 AM
Aug 2022
FlackStar007 said:
It's been a silly persisting question I had about the world the story takes place in being all female (which in many was is awesome).

The questions is simple how does everyone give birth, is this planet like girls bravo where they do have men but they are so rare they are never seen or do they have other means.

Either way when I did a quick search I found no mention of this either way and found it both refreshing that it was not a sour point for some but also interesting that none of the top page in the results even brings it up.

So hit me with your knowledge of this worlds workings, or at least your insights as to the topic of reproduction (and just to be polite this is a purely normal function from which we all exist today thanks to).

PS: for what it's worth I dig the idea that a world does not necessarily need both genders to rock a good plot, it's more the lack of explanation/exposition that leads to the questions :-)

Well that’s not really something you need to concern yourself with, many yuri anime don’t have male characters.

But just because they don’t show males doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Like the main girls would still have fathers, they’re just not shown.
Mar 7, 8:04 AM
Feb 2012
Reply to Phantom_373
FlackStar007 said:

Well that’s not really something you need to concern yourself with, many yuri anime don’t have male characters.

But just because they don’t show males doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Like the main girls would still have fathers, they’re just not shown.
@Phantom_373 I totally get that it just seemed odd that no one talks about it or has fun with the topic in general.
Silence tends to be a tad boring :-)

EDIT: it also seems like lazy narratives when not even a brief mention to little things gets made (it's never really a deal breaker just a side note).
Mar 7, 8:10 AM
Apr 2021
its not just female characters lol they just dont ahiw guys i think
Mar 7, 8:21 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to FlackStar007
@Phantom_373 I totally get that it just seemed odd that no one talks about it or has fun with the topic in general.
Silence tends to be a tad boring :-)

EDIT: it also seems like lazy narratives when not even a brief mention to little things gets made (it's never really a deal breaker just a side note).
@FlackStar007 it's not lazy writing the whole premise of Yuri and CGDCT is built around the idea that men are not there it's why they are either few or non existent and rarely or never mentioned it goes with the premise. You can literally compare to the MC battle cry in battle Shonen it's part of the writing code in the genre.
Mar 7, 8:22 AM
Feb 2012
Reply to Alex_the_reaper
its not just female characters lol they just dont ahiw guys i think
@Alex_the_reaper All the power to the Yuri, it's just fun for my OCD when things get explained better, I have noticed other genres skip a lot of things in their narratives (isekai tend to be some of the worst as they often skip much of the power structure behind the world lore then make a mess of the power progression throughout the story).
Mar 7, 8:26 AM
Feb 2012
Reply to Otakupervert890
@FlackStar007 it's not lazy writing the whole premise of Yuri and CGDCT is built around the idea that men are not there it's why they are either few or non existent and rarely or never mentioned it goes with the premise. You can literally compare to the MC battle cry in battle Shonen it's part of the writing code in the genre.
@Otakupervert890 I get the writing code as you put it, it's a bit of an OCD thing about good explanations and lack of public discussion.
For instance if there was an anime where everyone was blind but the story never mentions once any indication to how they see or even why it came to be (sure there could be logical reasons but one would assume it would be discussed by the viewers and would be curious if it was left silent).
Mar 7, 8:29 AM
Feb 2012
Anyways just to point out I do quite like the story behind all of this and the progression of Utena as an antihero who makes her own path.
Mar 7, 8:40 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to FlackStar007
@Otakupervert890 I get the writing code as you put it, it's a bit of an OCD thing about good explanations and lack of public discussion.
For instance if there was an anime where everyone was blind but the story never mentions once any indication to how they see or even why it came to be (sure there could be logical reasons but one would assume it would be discussed by the viewers and would be curious if it was left silent).
@FlackStar007 I learned my lesson 12 years ago that Japanese definitely don't learn littérature the same way that westerners. The best way I can put it the west write with check boxes to case(plot, character, world , etc) while Japan write with tropes or reverse of said trope in a setting. It's one of the main reason all isekai tend to neglect world building because in essence it's not essential for the story to work for a isekai just need to be another world while the same thing in the west a writer would have to spend time explaining the world to get the viewers to understand it(GOT is a example of this) even in fantasy you barely get explanation just look at danmachi and how long it take to learn about the world outside the dungeon. The story focuses more on the characters living in the world that why the world is the way it is and why certain things are that way(season 4 part 2 came to mind as a example of this or season 2).
Mar 7, 8:46 AM
Feb 2012
Reply to Otakupervert890
@FlackStar007 I learned my lesson 12 years ago that Japanese definitely don't learn littérature the same way that westerners. The best way I can put it the west write with check boxes to case(plot, character, world , etc) while Japan write with tropes or reverse of said trope in a setting. It's one of the main reason all isekai tend to neglect world building because in essence it's not essential for the story to work for a isekai just need to be another world while the same thing in the west a writer would have to spend time explaining the world to get the viewers to understand it(GOT is a example of this) even in fantasy you barely get explanation just look at danmachi and how long it take to learn about the world outside the dungeon. The story focuses more on the characters living in the world that why the world is the way it is and why certain things are that way(season 4 part 2 came to mind as a example of this or season 2).
@Otakupervert890 TO be fair I never thought of it as a difference in literature based education, this does give me much to ponder on and a reason for my OCD to be a peace :-)
Mar 7, 8:49 AM
Nov 2022
Too some people i guess the ideal fantasy for them to imagine are girl characters only. Like some of the people that already pointed it out. That doesn’t mean that they don’t exist

but i would assume in the authers head. There’s no such thing that is a male.
Mar 7, 9:09 AM

Sep 2016
It's the dark secret of their world: Men are locked up in underground factories producing magical girl merch.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 7, 9:23 AM
Feb 2012
Reply to Zarutaku
It's the dark secret of their world: Men are locked up in underground factories producing magical girl merch.
@Zarutaku Now this I can get behind, as it would be an epic twist!
After all no one really wants to know where their cheap stuff gets made as long as it's affordable and does not instantly break mwhahaha
Mar 7, 9:29 AM

Apr 2012
Who even told you that there are no men in this world? Just because a show is all-female or all-male does not mean that it COMPLETELY excludes the other gender in any way. This kind of thing is called convention and the audience is expected to accept it if they are enjoying the title.
Mar 7, 9:34 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Buny0058
Too some people i guess the ideal fantasy for them to imagine are girl characters only. Like some of the people that already pointed it out. That doesn’t mean that they don’t exist

but i would assume in the authers head. There’s no such thing that is a male.
@Buny0058 Well, this is one of the reasons for the widespread existence of all-male and all-female works. Guys watch a show entirely of cute girls, girls watch a show entirely of hot guys. No wonder this anime is called hasubendo or waifu bait. Quite a few of them simply don't work for me due to being too awkwardly trying to work with a same-sex cast in a setting that is either generally of interest to the opposite sex or involves both sexes interacting (usually the main victims of this are hobby CGDCT shows aimed at a purely male audience). But as you can see, some people believe that you can create a "good story" by eliminating an entire gender from the plot entirely.

In this case we have a comedy yuri borderline H based on mahou shoujo, so guys in such a show are really not necessary. It's like Baki, it's hard for you to come up with and justify many female characters for a show about constant fights between abnormally developed hunks.
Mar 7, 10:06 AM
Feb 2022
one intristing anime i Like it
Mar 7, 10:56 AM
Mar 2013
Reply to Phantom_373
FlackStar007 said:

@Phantom_373 while a lot of Yuri series don't have males, the presence of males still exist in the writing. Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete is the only Yuri series that I have read/watch that doesn't have this presence.

also most Yuri series that don't have male characters either is set in a setting where males not showing up it is believable(a Girl only dorm school), or simply doesn't have any background characters.(sometimes not even having side characters) Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete clearly doesn't fall into either of these categories.
Mar 7, 12:33 PM

Feb 2011
much like some species, they just shed off a new girl to exist.
Males are unnecessary

Mar 7, 1:10 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@Buny0058 Well, this is one of the reasons for the widespread existence of all-male and all-female works. Guys watch a show entirely of cute girls, girls watch a show entirely of hot guys. No wonder this anime is called hasubendo or waifu bait. Quite a few of them simply don't work for me due to being too awkwardly trying to work with a same-sex cast in a setting that is either generally of interest to the opposite sex or involves both sexes interacting (usually the main victims of this are hobby CGDCT shows aimed at a purely male audience). But as you can see, some people believe that you can create a "good story" by eliminating an entire gender from the plot entirely.

In this case we have a comedy yuri borderline H based on mahou shoujo, so guys in such a show are really not necessary. It's like Baki, it's hard for you to come up with and justify many female characters for a show about constant fights between abnormally developed hunks.
@RobertBobert Yeah personally some shows really lose interesting interactions before one the whole one sex side thing.
But speaking of that i do have a few exceptions, one being madoka magica which proofs that a show that does need mainly one sex of cast can work out great the show even has some few male characters which doesn't take away the realism at all
Mar 7, 10:34 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Buny0058
@RobertBobert Yeah personally some shows really lose interesting interactions before one the whole one sex side thing.
But speaking of that i do have a few exceptions, one being madoka magica which proofs that a show that does need mainly one sex of cast can work out great the show even has some few male characters which doesn't take away the realism at all
@Buny0058 I wouldn't call it an exception in the truest sense of the word, as Madoka simply focuses predominantly on female characters instead of trying to pretend that male ones don't exist at all. I think Gen understood what audience they would work for, but he doesn’t like pandering.
Mar 7, 11:54 PM

Feb 2017
yuru yuri not have male too from what i remember.
Same with Oneesan wa Joshi Shougakusei ni Kyoumi ga Arimasu (yuri lolicon + ecchi) they totally remove male and even the parents only into women and never talk about male parts like it was normal. The manga even had topic about reproduction, but they just make fictional setting about how they make it (forgot which chapter). nothing different from how chakra or ki work in battle shounen and people not really questioning that either.
-
-

More topics from this board

» any wholesome yuri in this one?

tragedydesu - May 24

20 by DX_impulse »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 27

136 by DazeFire »»
May 31, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 20

85 by Vendy13 »»
May 28, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 13

80 by Vendy13 »»
May 28, 10:26 PM

» Curious about Venalita goals

AlexAnonim - May 25

2 by UnknownTwinkie »»
May 28, 4:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.