Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 4, 12:21 AM
Feb 2017
Spoiler alert was written in the title, this is your last chance. I recommend that you only read this after you've finished reading all 26 volumes.

Mar 4, 12:29 AM
Aug 2021
We knew for a long time that Rudeus wouldn't see the man gods defeat. Mushoku is the story of his life, which ends in death, as all life does. And after he's dead, why should he care about what happens next. He did all he could, all he wanted, and when his time came, he passed quietly, surrounded by friends and family. I think the ending couldn't have been better.
Mar 4, 12:33 AM
Mar 2022
Mar 4, 1:16 AM
Feb 2017
Reply to Petrtep
We knew for a long time that Rudeus wouldn't see the man gods defeat. Mushoku is the story of his life, which ends in death, as all life does. And after he's dead, why should he care about what happens next. He did all he could, all he wanted, and when his time came, he passed quietly, surrounded by friends and family. I think the ending couldn't have been better.
@Petrtep Then I think the author should've omitted that part at the end with the Man-God completely, or at least the one where he tells Rudy how he plans to ruin his children. Leaving things open like this is really only needed if you plan a sequel, for instance one that follows the lives of his children or something.

Furthermore there are other missing closures (another spoiler alert) -
Mar 4, 1:25 AM
Aug 2021
NiQ1 said:
@Petrtep Then I think the author should've omitted that part at the end with the Man-God completely, or at least the one where he tells Rudy how he plans to ruin his children. Leaving things open like this is really only needed if you plan a sequel, for instance one that follows the lives of his children or something.

We can never know everything in life, that is just a fact. At the end, the Man god tries to threaten Rudy, but Rudy does not care, and even wishes him good luck. I think that speaks for itself. He has done all he could, now its time for others to shine.

The displacement incindent is a mysterious event that sets in motion the whole story. Not all mysteries need to be solved, I would have preferred to never learn how it happened.
Mar 4, 2:13 AM
Aug 2021
RandomPerson9348 said:

I feel the same way, the final fight, while grand in scale, lacked in imagination, and was solved by a deus ex MECH-ina (haha, Mk 0 is a mech, soo funny).
The character development and day to day life of Rudeus, and his usage/study of magic is what I like about Mushoku, I just find it so captivating
Mar 4, 2:21 AM
Mar 2022
Petrtep said:
RandomPerson9348 said:

I feel the same way, the final fight, while grand in scale, lacked in imagination, and was solved by a deus ex MECH-ina (haha, Mk 0 is a mech, soo funny).
The character development and day to day life of Rudeus, and his usage/study of magic is what I like about Mushoku, I just find it so captivating

Lol.

Honestly, there's only a few fights I'm genuinely looking forward to in the anime. When I think of scenes I really want to see, I can only come up with other stuff.

Two that come to mind from the upcoming cour are probably Rudeus breaking into Norn's room and talking to her.

And the second one, which is stupidly very close to my heart, is when Rudeus comes back to Sharia and just blindly runs home without even looking at anything else. That made me cry so much in the LN. Hope they nail the mood and music there.
Mar 4, 7:37 AM
Sep 2021
NiQ1 said:
Spoiler alert was written in the title, this is your last chance. I recommend that you only read this after you've finished reading all 26 volumes.

Wasn't Man-God's "there's gonna be chaos down the road" just his last ditch effort to make Rudeus panic to satisfy his sadism? I really felt like a bluff, imo.
Mar 4, 7:59 AM
Feb 2017
Reply to MavikBow
NiQ1 said:

Wasn't Man-God's "there's gonna be chaos down the road" just his last ditch effort to make Rudeus panic to satisfy his sadism? I really felt like a bluff, imo.
@MavikBow Maybe. At that point Rudy had already died so not much he could do about it, unless he reincarnates again or something (could be an idea for a sequel tbh)
Mar 20, 1:14 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to NiQ1

NiQ1 said:
Also there's no mention whether Nanahoshi ever managed to return to Earth or not. Those are just examples, there are probably more things that I've missed.

I just finished reading volume 26 and I’m pretty sure it was in Rudeus’ diary section that he says if you’ve come to this world from his old world then it is possible to get back and to follow the steps of Silent Sevenstar. So I’m pretty sure Nanahoshi got back to Japan.
Mar 21, 9:41 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Reply to Junichi_Hashiba
NiQ1 said:
Also there's no mention whether Nanahoshi ever managed to return to Earth or not. Those are just examples, there are probably more things that I've missed.

I just finished reading volume 26 and I’m pretty sure it was in Rudeus’ diary section that he says if you’ve come to this world from his old world then it is possible to get back and to follow the steps of Silent Sevenstar. So I’m pretty sure Nanahoshi got back to Japan.
@Junichi_Hashiba
Yes it was in the diary that the teleportation was successful but nowhere did it honestly say that Nanahoshi made it back to Japan. Could've died after vanishing or something similar. We can only hope she made it back. They managed to summon a plastic bottle in one of the volumes but not more that that, as far as I remember. But this is stuff we'll have to fantasize our self.
I really enjoyed this series anyways. Can't wait to read the "spin-off".
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Apr 23, 7:01 AM

Nov 2007
Reply to Azuchi
@Junichi_Hashiba
Yes it was in the diary that the teleportation was successful but nowhere did it honestly say that Nanahoshi made it back to Japan. Could've died after vanishing or something similar. We can only hope she made it back. They managed to summon a plastic bottle in one of the volumes but not more that that, as far as I remember. But this is stuff we'll have to fantasize our self.
I really enjoyed this series anyways. Can't wait to read the "spin-off".
@Azuchi Did I miss something? Oldeus diary specifically stated that Nanahoshi failed. The plan the the Nanahoshi followed that we know was to sleep until her time comes where she can fulfull whatever purpose she was brought into this world for, we know from the last epilogue/prologue chapter what that purpose was. This is after Rudeus lifetime though.
Rudeus and her made a promise that he would spread her name so that others will find a way to her because she believed that it was her purpose to guide another transported person (ideally her bf) so all he did was work towards that. It's not mentioned if any of it was actually successful.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 24 Discussion (END) ( 1 2 )

-Karoshi- - Apr 4, 2015

70 by Junichi_Hashiba »»
Mar 20, 1:30 PM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

» "Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

deg - Feb 21

15 by _gt_ohn »»
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Chapter 3 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 5, 2014

4 by hisokabutsad »»
Jan 13, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.