Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 12:29 PM
Apr 2020
Feb 29, 1:26 PM

Jan 2009
smith died? nah

and nice to see a female death drive

this is the most serious episode so far
Feb 29, 1:33 PM

Sep 2018
I wasn't expecting to get invested in this show at all when I decided to start it, but each episode has been proving me wrong further.

I've taken quite a liking to Smith's character though I don't know how much of that is just immense seiyuu bias and given how much of a central character he has been until this point, it was genuinely shocking to see him go – shocking in a heart-numbing way no other death scene has ever made me feel before. The series has established itself as quite the asspull royalty and it's hard to believe they'd kill Smith off entirely, but with the way this episode was set up all previous build-up included, it doesn't seem like an impossible direction to take either... If he's alive, I'll be happy we get to see more of him. If he's actually dead, he at least died a hero, and that if anything is bittersweet as hell. Can't go wrong either way.

I've also noted that the deathdrives all seem to be oddly suicidal (I suppose that's where the species gets its name, as they're driven by death), but there's still a crucial piece missing and it's driving me nuts!! I feel like I'm not comprehending the whole situation as much as I potentially could, but I suppose the best reveals are those you don't see coming?
Feb 29, 4:28 PM

Dec 2018
Lulu is awesome, love her character. I think I have the same confusion from previous episodes, and I'm pretty sure Smith will be okay.
Feb 29, 5:28 PM

Mar 2020
Will Smith-kun be ok? Let's see next week.

That scene where Bravern-san is playing with his robot figure is really precious. 😂❤️
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Feb 29, 5:40 PM
Sep 2015
It's the most difficult battle so far but it's not unexpected. With that said, I assume there'll be more twist soon. Surely the transition from real robot to super robot must not be its only twist right? Right???

Anyway, this episode skip OP but not ED so it knows the priority correctly.
Feb 29, 8:36 PM

Mar 2007
This week, on the parody that keeps on giving we have

• Loli Rambo
  • Brave knights
  • Lewis and his power rangers gunpla addiction
  • Speaking of gunpla addicts, Bravern has his own collection
  • Thirsty Knute Robot
  • Bravern "losing"
  • Smith ejects Lulu, I guess too many death flags?
  • Wait, they can't kill Smith, he's hot and he's a hero!

I'mma be real mad y'all, if he's gone! REAL MAD!
Stormy_77Feb 29, 8:40 PM
Feb 29, 8:43 PM

Jan 2022
I'm getting so confused about baverns size! he is big enougg to tower over humans, but can fit comfortably in the ships lower deck hall and is able to sit in a chair in said ship. Not to mention the figures he makes that are twice the size of a human.

on a side note good on Mr. Smith for making love the right way and ending it with a bang. #Murica
Feb 29, 8:48 PM
Jan 2009
Oh hell, 1 minute in and the show's already throwing flags like crazy.
Feb 29, 9:07 PM
Jan 2017
So Smith got isekaied? What makes him think exploding himself with a space time bending robot a good idea?
Mar 1, 2:35 AM
Mar 1, 4:56 AM
Dec 2014
That episode was amazing!

Smith going out with a Bang!?

The Deathdrives aren't just jokes that Bravern casually defeats with ease here.

And also Knuth/Cunus, only 1 appearance so far and she might just an instant fave with how OP she is.
Mar 1, 5:02 AM

Sep 2022
With all the sex jokes, action, gags, and chuuni moments, I was NOT expecting an ending like that. I ascertain this isn't the last we'll see of Smith.
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Mar 1, 5:08 AM

Sep 2022
Reply to Zorosuke_
Will Smith-kun be ok? Let's see next week.

That scene where Bravern-san is playing with his robot figure is really precious. 😂❤️
@Zorosuke_
Will Smith-kun be ok?

Mochiron, I think he'll be just fine~
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Mar 1, 6:15 AM

Oct 2017
Damn Smith dead? He's gonna comeback with some gag next episode right?

Bravern wasn't as strong as usual this time but then again they were fighting two deathdrives simultaneously.

Smith dropped the first half of the title, Brave Bang and went with a bang.
Mar 1, 6:22 AM

Jan 2019
Brave...... Bang

Mar 1, 7:58 AM

Sep 2021
The atmosphere of this episode felt so weird!

The plot itself isn't even confusing. They got ambushed by 3 Deathdrivers who all want to die in some fabulous way and got way too much power. But with the mist and the lack of "Bang", it felt like a daze at times. I wonder if that's intended, or if anyone else even noticed this.

And with the time and space robot introduced, the "Bravern = Future Lewis" theory becomes a lot more realistic. Especially with Lewis missing in action...
Mar 1, 9:20 AM
Dec 2023
So Deathdivers are actually suicidal pervs
Mar 1, 10:50 AM
Posts #3 and onwards were merged from a duplicate thread
Mar 1, 2:49 PM

Dec 2016
I don’t believe for one sec that our bromance is over.
Mar 1, 3:28 PM

Feb 2012
Humans (or Lulus rather) being batteries for the Deathdrives raises huge concerns for Isami if Bravern isn't a mere enemy robot but a traitor (he and the Deathdrives are as similar as they are different). Even if Bravern trusts him, can he control it? Why is he an exception?

KILLER QUEEN BITES THE DUST! Knuth has some OP time-reversal powers, her wing ears kind of make her look like RahXephon. I thought there'd be a slight chance that Knuth and Smith end up being Bravern's parents (a human-death drive hybrid), but seeing as all her sexual innuendo was just her spin on being a suicidal robot the Smith=Bravern explanation for their similarities is looking the most probable.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 1, 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
Smith no! Ain't nothing to Ga-ga-pi about....
Mar 2, 3:58 PM
Sep 2023
From my speculation, it seems like the spaceship in orbit around earth housed the Deathdrives’ (DD) original consciousness. When the female DD shot the laser and destroyed the ship, the others were angry and asked ‘what does she think she’s doing’ and she said ‘it would be the final death’.

I’m pretty sure that this is some form of entertainment for these beings, and Bravern is actually complicit in this. I think he just takes on the role of main actor and helps the others have fun, kinda like some weird game show.
Mar 2, 4:02 PM
Apr 2014
justiceofbook said:
From my speculation, it seems like the spaceship in orbit around earth housed the Deathdrives’ (DD) original consciousness. When the female DD shot the laser and destroyed the ship, the others were angry and asked ‘what does she think she’s doing’ and she said ‘it would be the final death’.

I’m pretty sure that this is some form of entertainment for these beings, and Bravern is actually complicit in this. I think he just takes on the role of main actor and helps the others have fun, kinda like some weird game show.

definitely. they're lapping. bravern intentionally stalled/lost here so Lewis could sacrifice himself. But we can see in the OP his arm changes into a robot for a split second so well see how he pops up again
Mar 3, 1:10 AM
Mar 2018
Smith's death, at this point in the season, doesn't make narrative sense IMHO; I think he'll be back. It was definitely a cool moment, though.
Mar 3, 5:16 AM

Oct 2008
they are really making this as tragic as it can be but i can't take it seriously because of the silliness of the attitude of the mechs! oh well...
3/5.

Mar 5, 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
With Yokota Base up and running, the Allied Task Force can finally start their air operations, along with the Japan TS pilots, whom Smith commands as the Bravern support force. With the resources left behind from Japan, Smith not allowing Lulu to pilot the TS for safety reasons, and even worse, the Deathdrives operating the same way, I do feel bad for them if they don't have their supporting Lulus. With a wave of fog settling in, Isami and Bravern goes out to inspect while Smith is prioritized saving the ATF, which Lulu is needed this time as a co-pilot.

The spotting of 3 Deathdrive Towers, they face a barrage of fire from Vanitas, Pessimism and the first female Deathdrive of Knuth, and it's clear that Pessimism must be dealt first because of his fog. Knuth and Vanitas are left to Smith's aggression, and if they don't deal fast, Cupiridas will come back. But at this point, Smith is forced to concede to Knuth with her time change attack being OP enough to stop him in his tracks. And to Smith, he's made his decision to fight Knuth to the death.

Is the bromance over with Smith's sacrifice?
Mar 5, 8:45 PM
Feb 2014
He’s not dead. HE’S NOT DEAD
Mar 7, 2:30 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn. That smith = bravern theory just might be true.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 9, 9:23 PM

Feb 2019
no way...NO...FREAKING...WAY!!! was him being a likeable character a lead-up to this moment?!
Mar 11, 6:36 PM

Nov 2020
Smith is Bravern, that's for sure haha, I know I'm repeating myself but I love Lulu, the new opponents are too strong especially that strange woman xD
Apr 5, 11:28 PM

Jan 2017
Bravern's been throwing a lot of red flags to Smith this ep so his death is inevitable.

This basically confirms that Braven is Smith in another time huh
May 6, 7:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Knuth is one of the most fucked up robot I've seen, but that Smith sacrifice eh, I hope he isn't dead for real... especially now that Lulu was here to operate in the mecha :/

More topics from this board

» Bang Brave Bang Bravern Blu-ray vol.1 sold 4,179 copies in its first week

deg - May 14

3 by A-ten »»
Yesterday, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 28

50 by Ashhk »»
May 8, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 11 Discussion

deg - Mar 21

23 by Ashhk »»
May 8, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 10 Discussion

bboy_OatsnRice - Mar 14

25 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Bakuhatsu Bang Bravern Episode 9 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 7

34 by Ashhk »»
May 7, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.