Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 29, 10:01 AM
Nov 2021
Who agrees that JC staff did a good job with S2? Not a animation expert but all of the Garou fights were so well animated. My only complaint was elder centipede being cgi since he was the final fight.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 29, 10:04 AM
Apr 2018
whole season was very weak dont recall for certain but they also used reused animation. season 1 slams s2 by a country mile.
Feb 29, 10:09 AM
Jul 2022
I found S1 boring until the end fight so S2 was slightly better for me.
Feb 29, 10:14 AM
Apr 2022
S2 was an above average action project with great animation and strong talent. It had many flaws do to right time constraints tho. This season will not have that(atleast not as much)
Feb 29, 10:14 AM
Jul 2021
I agree. Even with a nightmarish schedule they did such a good job
Feb 29, 10:17 AM
Dec 2022
It was still a 10 for me though it lost in quality to s1.
Feb 29, 10:18 AM

Apr 2020
Noone. Cause they didn't.
They didn't in comparison to the first season and CGI was not why the Animation was bad.
Feb 29, 10:19 AM
Jun 2022
They actually did a decent job for S2, but S1 was so far ahead of the curve that it made S2 look relativity worse.

Still with what needs to be adapted in S3 in mind, I can't seem to convince myself that JC staff will do it justice.

Yet, I hope I am proven wrong.
Feb 29, 10:21 AM
Mar 2023
It was mediocre but I feel like people saw it as bad as madhouse’s season 1 was animated incredibly making season 2 seem bad when they did an ok job
Feb 29, 10:21 AM
Jun 2020
Given the circumstances they did a fine job. S1 was just an extreme outlier in terms of animation quality so it makes S2 seem way worse in comparison but it’s by no means bad imo. S3 should be in a better situation so I’m looking forward to it
Feb 29, 10:25 AM
Apr 2021
I don't think it was bad.
Please read mamaYuYu, its amazing. Also MAPPA employees havent seen their families since 2021 lmao
Feb 29, 10:27 AM
Feb 2022
I agree đź’Ż (character limite)
Feb 29, 10:34 AM
Oct 2020
I do, I feel like people have been sidelining jc staff cause of opm season 2 while not looking at anything else, and it wasn't even that bad, there are much worse stuff out there, at least it's not as bad the cgi in newer mcu projects or the flash

People are always wanting perfection in everything, and seriously, I'm sick of it, JC staff did good job with what limited time they had and that's a fact
Feb 29, 10:35 AM
Sep 2018
I agree. People are complaining for no reason at all (besides the animation) OPM S2 was great.
Feb 29, 10:37 AM
Jan 2017
Merve2Love said:
They didn't in comparison to the first season and CGI was not why the Animation was bad.

No studio in the world could ever live up to season 1. The team was stacked and they all left after season 1 was done to do different stuff Even if Madhouse did season 2 it would still be nowhere close to the same quality.
Feb 29, 10:38 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to Zimzky
Merve2Love said:

No studio in the world could ever live up to season 1. The team was stacked and they all left after season 1 was done to do different stuff Even if Madhouse did season 2 it would still be nowhere close to the same quality.
@Zimzky

Yeah, I didnt doubt that.
Feb 29, 10:39 AM
Feb 2022
Honestly i liked the second season almost as much as the first one
Feb 29, 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
Madhouse made me interested and hyped for One Punch.
J.C made me disinterested.

Will stick to the manga.
Feb 29, 10:41 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Peenutz
S2 was an above average action project with great animation and strong talent. It had many flaws do to right time constraints tho. This season will not have that(atleast not as much)
@Peenutz Season 2 was by no means a season of great animation or great talent, but just a mediocre season that didn't do justice to the original product. Also what happened in season 2 is nothing compared to what will happen in season 3, expect another poorly made season
Feb 29, 10:42 AM
Aug 2023
i enjoyed season 2 more
The animation was not inferior in anyway
it was amazing and season 3 is looking better than season 1
frankly season 1 was boring
Feb 29, 10:42 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
I agree. Even with a nightmarish schedule they did such a good job
@Anime_Skaddiel How can you say they did a great job when it was a season hated by most of the fandom due to its terrible animation?
Feb 29, 10:43 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Eldencheese
It was mediocre but I feel like people saw it as bad as madhouse’s season 1 was animated incredibly making season 2 seem bad when they did an ok job
@Eldencheese It's not like that, even Hell's Paradise had bad animation and people criticized it for that, just like opm s2 had bad animation
Feb 29, 10:45 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to treejoh
Given the circumstances they did a fine job. S1 was just an extreme outlier in terms of animation quality so it makes S2 seem way worse in comparison but it’s by no means bad imo. S3 should be in a better situation so I’m looking forward to it
@treejoh How can you say they did a great job when it was a season hated by most of the fandom due to its terrible animation? Also what happened in season 2 is nothing compared to what will happen in season 3, expect another poorly made season
Feb 29, 10:46 AM
Jul 2022
Story wise season 2 was 10x better animation it’s the opposite
Feb 29, 10:47 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
I do, I feel like people have been sidelining jc staff cause of opm season 2 while not looking at anything else, and it wasn't even that bad, there are much worse stuff out there, at least it's not as bad the cgi in newer mcu projects or the flash

People are always wanting perfection in everything, and seriously, I'm sick of it, JC staff did good job with what limited time they had and that's a fact
@CrunchyCrobat This is bullshit, Jc staff did a terrible job with season 2 and this is a fact, even Mappa with Aot did a better job despite the limited time and here we are not even talking about perfection we are talking about a job well done, is it possible that they can't give us a proper anime?
Feb 29, 10:50 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Zimzky
Merve2Love said:

@Zimzky This is bullshit, Wit studio, David Production, Ufotable, Bones... you have many excellent studios capable of keeping up with season 1, not to mention that Madhouse itself could have given a 2nd season similar to the first if it wanted... even the director of season 1 criticized Jc Staff's terrible work
Feb 29, 11:00 AM
Jan 2017
Leon888 said:
@Zimzky This is bullshit, Wit studio, David Production, Ufotable, Bones... you have many excellent studios capable of keeping up with season 1, not to mention that Madhouse itself could have given a 2nd season similar to the first if it wanted... even the director of season 1 criticized Jc Staff's terrible work

No they would not be able to keep up with season 1. Of course the director of season 1 critisized season 2. I'm not saying we shouldn't. I'm just saying trying to uphold it to the standards of season 1 is ludicrous.
Feb 29, 11:01 AM
Jul 2023
My only issue with season 2 was that the pacing felt rushed. I hope they fix that, and I'm gucci
Feb 29, 11:01 AM
Jul 2015
In terms of animation they did a good job, not excellent or spectacular, just good.
My problem with season 2 is the pacing and direction
Feb 29, 11:06 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Zimzky
Leon888 said:

No they would not be able to keep up with season 1. Of course the director of season 1 critisized season 2. I'm not saying we shouldn't. I'm just saying trying to uphold it to the standards of season 1 is ludicrous.
@Zimzky Look at Fate unlimited blade works (ufotable), Vivy (Wit), Fire force (David Production) and Mob pshyco 100 (Bones) all well animated anime that have nothing to envy of opm season 1, to say that there are no studios capable to replicate season 1 seems excessive beyond belief
Feb 29, 11:07 AM

Jan 2021
It was fine but not memorable to me

I still liked it though
Feb 29, 11:09 AM
Jan 2017
Sure ufotable could keep up. I wouldn't say Fire Force or Vivy could even try to compete with OPM S1. Mob Psycho was a passion project led by some of the most talented people in the business. It's the same as OPM S1. Lightning in a bottle.
Feb 29, 11:18 AM
Aug 2020
Zimzky said:
Sure ufotable could keep up. I wouldn't say Fire Force or Vivy could even try to compete with OPM S1. Mob Psycho was a passion project led by some of the most talented people in the business. It's the same as OPM S1. Lightning in a bottle.

that's the power of ONE's works. the staff for OPM S3 looks stacked though, even if it is JC Staff. I'm tentatively excited.
Feb 29, 11:18 AM
Feb 2022
season 2 had good writing but animation was very mid for One Punch Man especially compared to what Madhouse gave us in season 1
Feb 29, 11:25 AM
Jan 2017
ratliker63 said:
Zimzky said:

that's the power of ONE's works. the staff for OPM S3 looks stacked though, even if it is JC Staff. I'm tentatively excited.

Yea people need to start looking at the staff rather than the studio.
Feb 29, 11:27 AM
Dec 2022
people talk crap about s2 but don't realize s2 was made in under 8 months. in my opinion they did very well for just 8 months
Feb 29, 11:30 AM
Nov 2016
I say JC Staff did an ok job because let's be honest, S2 did have great animation in some parts, it also had not-so-good animation in other parts but the animation wasn't horrible or anything, it actually looked better than plenty of other animes out there.

HOWEVER... S1 set the standards way too high and S2 looked like shit in comparison, I do have other complaints about S2 too which are the sound department and the directing, it was not that good, it lacked "oomph" and I wasn't that hyped on those moments that I was supposed to get hyped.

In other words, I'm not expecting much out of S3 so I'm disappointed.
Feb 29, 11:31 AM
Jul 2021
Leon888 said:
@Anime_Skaddiel How can you say they did a great job when it was a season hated by most of the fandom due to its terrible animation?

Dude s2's animation is way above an average anime would get. Obviously most shows would pale in comparison with s1 which was once in a lifetime production. Not even your beloved Madhouse can do another s1, at max you'll get overlord s3
Feb 29, 12:00 PM
Aug 2021
Absolutely. The animation was above average with some great-amazing moments.

It was inconsistent for sure, and with many flaws. But most anime are exactly like that, while also not being able to achieve the same highs that OPM season 2 had.

The problem is, that season 1 is one of the most well animated tv series of all time. There was no chance of living up to that whatsoever, especially since the production schedule for season 2 was so shit.
Feb 29, 12:08 PM

Apr 2020
Suuuuuuuurrrrrrrrreeeeeee…
Feb 29, 12:16 PM
Jul 2016
it was decent if not at the same level as season 1 but still was good enough and anyone says otherwise is just an elite manga fan and that was straight murata art which is hard for the poor young animators working in not much given hours.
Feb 29, 12:17 PM
Jul 2016
Reply to Zimzky
@Zimzky and S2 was a rescue project from being dead by it's greedy production committee
Feb 29, 1:16 PM
May 2022
The biggest problem with S2 is S1.
Feb 29, 1:39 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Dan_ALves
The biggest problem with S2 is S1.
@Dan_ALves OPM S2 doesn't have horrible animation or anything, it's actually decent and gets the job done, compared to plenty of animes out there OPM S2 is way better in terms of animation.

That being said, I have to agree, the biggest issue of OPM S2 is OPM S1 since it set the standards way too high and S2 looked like shit in comparison. At best S3 will look like S2 which is decent and maybe even above average, but they both still look like shit compared to S1.
Feb 29, 1:48 PM
Jul 2009
I thought it was fine. Most likely fell flat because of the anime arc, not the animation.
Feb 29, 2:16 PM
Mar 2021
S2 animation was perfectly fine but a definite downgrade compared to S1. My main problem was that S2 ended with the defeat of Elder Centipede, the end of... absolutely nothing what so ever. They were still in the middle of an arc!
Feb 29, 2:51 PM

Jan 2009
compared to season 1 its bad
Feb 29, 3:08 PM
Jul 2019
Jc staff is one of the worst studios of all time so yeah the entire hype is completely gone
Feb 29, 3:39 PM

Apr 2018
Agree, not as the first season but they did a decent job overall, a great job in some scenes/fights. The only bad thing that really bothered me was Saitama's face.
Feb 29, 3:50 PM

Apr 2018
Reply to WalterBlack59
Jc staff is one of the worst studios of all time so yeah the entire hype is completely gone
@WalterBlack59
You call the studio who did a works such as Food wars, Danmachi, Toradora, Saiki kusuo, Sakurasou no Pet, Toaru Index/Railgun, Bakuman.. one of the worst studios?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Butchered Adaptation, No Hope.

Okeanix - Feb 29

40 by todd2580 »»
May 21, 1:23 PM

» Season 3 Director

BLACKANGER - Feb 29

25 by todd2580 »»
May 21, 8:25 AM

» Is it Releasing this Fall, or next year winter or maybe even later and the episode number

Jatin587 - May 5

16 by DayRivia »»
May 12, 5:17 PM

» THIRD HERO VISUAL (GENOS)

OvergrownRover - May 2

20 by deg »»
May 5, 6:37 AM

» God-level animations?

Leon888 - Apr 18

16 by AuraBorealis005 »»
May 4, 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.