Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 29, 7:21 AM
May 2021
I have started reading the first volume of Bakemonogatari and I have noticed that it has 2 chapters, Hitagi crab and Mayoi snail but there are mini-chapters too which are some pages long. Which of the chapters count when adding chapters to MAL?
Feb 29, 8:05 AM
Feb 2023
Omid_ said:
I have started reading the first volume of Bakemonogatari and I have noticed that it has 2 chapters, Hitagi crab and Mayoi snail but there are mini-chapters too which are some pages long. Which of the chapters count when adding chapters to MAL?

The chapters that count when you add in your profile are these mini chapters. For example, Bakemonogatari volume 1 in English version has 17 chapters, 8 chapters from Hitagi Crab and 9 chapters from Mayoi Snail. The first season, in english version, has 7 volumes, but in japanese version it has 6, because the japanese Bakemonogatari has 2 volumes, instead of 3.
Bakemonogatari 1 = 17 chapters
Bakemonogatari 2 = 16 chapters
Bakemonogatari 3 = 8 chapters
Kizumonogatari = 18 chapters
Nisemonogatari 1 = 22 chapters
Nisemonogatari 2 = 13 chapters
Nekomonogatari Kuro = 13 chapters
Which results in 107 chapters, and this quantity is what we have in the First Season here on MyAnimeList.
Feb 29, 8:06 AM
Feb 2022
i don't to be honest Brother i just started in manga world
Feb 29, 8:10 AM
May 2021
Reply to Caio16
Omid_ said:

The chapters that count when you add in your profile are these mini chapters. For example, Bakemonogatari volume 1 in English version has 17 chapters, 8 chapters from Hitagi Crab and 9 chapters from Mayoi Snail. The first season, in english version, has 7 volumes, but in japanese version it has 6, because the japanese Bakemonogatari has 2 volumes, instead of 3.
Bakemonogatari 1 = 17 chapters
Bakemonogatari 2 = 16 chapters
Bakemonogatari 3 = 8 chapters
Kizumonogatari = 18 chapters
Nisemonogatari 1 = 22 chapters
Nisemonogatari 2 = 13 chapters
Nekomonogatari Kuro = 13 chapters
Which results in 107 chapters, and this quantity is what we have in the First Season here on MyAnimeList.
@Caio16 Ohhhh thank you so much, explains a lot of misunderstandings

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 21 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Aug 5, 2017

1 by Nachoalpe »»
Apr 1, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 10 Discussion

Bheaze - Feb 10, 2014

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 22, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: First Season Chapter 9 Discussion

Bheaze - Feb 10, 2014

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 22, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 8 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Jul 6, 2010

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 2, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 7 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Jul 6, 2010

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 2, 12:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.