Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
Lore dump episode where we know the origin of the cards and their creator, the magician Lala. I feel Finn should have shot Lala and end this once and for all, he will regret it.
Owen was alive after all. I'm glad they didn't forget about him.
Feb 26, 6:58 AM

Feb 2021
This backstory is really exciting. Everything about the story being a rewritten lie reminds me of AOT.
So I guess the sorcerer just suddenly appeared because of Ewan's prayers. Okay, I'll take it.
There is a scene after credits.
This was really cool!
Feb 26, 8:30 AM

Jun 2023
okay, today we got a lot of story and learn about the island, the kingdom and the cards.
It all goes back to the great magician Lala, who now asks Finn to kill him. For a second I thought he was really going to shoot!
And Lala tells Finn that he's the MC, so now he knows that too.
Then Finn fights the black knight, it remains exciting and a bit confusing overall.
Feb 26, 9:01 AM
Sep 2015
I thought there should be two joker cards per standard deck but it's actually varied from 1 to 6! Though the common is between 2 and 3.
Feb 26, 9:41 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Stupid MC, the cards should disappear, it would be better for almost everyone.
Even if you can create peace somehow, one day other people would use the cards for wrong things again.
But no...that would be too easy, you have to risk everything for a utopia you don't even know how to make.
Feb 26, 9:57 AM
Feb 2024
It was really cool to see the real backstory of the creation of the cards, the first king, and the Black Knight. Since the Black Knight was the first to raise a sword against the king and also the first to submit immediately at the promise of power, I can’t say I’m surprised by his betrayal. I’m glad we know more about him now. The first king seemed like a really good guy, though. And now the presence of a joker is confirmed!!

“When people obtain power beyond their capacity, they always make the wrong choice.”
So if Lala dies the cards will disappear with him. That would solve a lot of problems, actually. It started as a beautiful dream and ended up being corrupted and twisted- of course he wouldn’t want that. He’s a good character but living forever would be exhausting, so I kind of understand where Lala’s coming from.
“I bet you can’t see anything clearly through those stupid bangs and lame hood!” Finn really doesn’t mince words, does he? Well, looks like the cards won’t be going anywhere (at least for another four episodes). I really do think that the card the Black Knight has is manipulating the guy inside the armor now, though. Since it’s imbued with the original’s soul, maybe his need for revenge overrode whatever system is in place to force his will on whoever uses the card?
Feb 26, 10:40 AM

Jun 2016
And to the idiot Sugar was added the idiot Finn. I really hope that by the end of the season this idiot will finally think of giving Lala what he wants most. Of course, it’s not brilliant to say that the cards gave him friends, if only he had thought of counting the number of corpses that the cards left behind.
Feb 26, 10:51 AM

May 2019
I thought that for a second there Finn was going to shoot Lala but instead he says how happy he was with the card and the opportunity it gave him to meet Chris and the other High Card members, nevermind the corruption and suffering the cards have caused.... In a way that island could be screwed either way because removing the cards could mean the Takers (or something equivalent to them) could return.

Anyway, the High Card members need their cards back and that dumb cop Sugar Peace has ran off with some of them, I thought she would've learned her lesson when their compound got overtaken 🙄
Feb 26, 11:15 AM

Dec 2018
Really nice backstory for context, Ewan is a suicidal weirdo.
Feb 26, 4:08 PM
Mar 2018
This is by far the worst episode of the series. Between the info dump that was just one guy monologuing with the most uninteresting visuals, and the Finn's stupid ass take I'm honestly really concerned about how this show will end. It honestly feels like they might have just ruined the whole thing here and now with Finn's refusal to destroy the cards when they unequivocally are the literal worst. Him popping off about how the card was his bestie when he was a lonely orphan as if the only reason he was a lonely orphan in the first place WAS BECAUSE OF THE FUCKING CARDS is so dumb. Like literally all of this fighting could have instantly stopped. But no, the show really going with a "having weapons of mass destruction running amuck willy nilly is good actually!" narrative. Spare me.
Feb 26, 5:31 PM
Feb 2024
some of you in this thread are actually so mental lmao. of course he wouldn’t kill lala to get rid of the cards. the entire series would end just like that. people are acting like this is bad writing when pretty much every show and manga series has a moment where if the mc made a different choice it’d just be over but that doesn’t make for an interesting story. y’all are too cynical
Feb 26, 6:33 PM
Apr 2021
Holy shit this episode was AMAZING with the lore drop now we finally get to know the origins of the cards, how it was created and what went wrong with the Black Knight this was such a cool episode idk why so many ppl here are hating on it I mean we finally get to know the full story of Fourland and the High Card🤦🏽‍♂️😭

I get many don’t like what Finn said but if he killed Lala the entire show would end just like that and the show High Card wouldn’t be High Card anymore, it would just be normal humans with no powers which is what this show isn’t about💀💀 I think it would cool if Pinochle will found every card and keep them locked up with the Royal family while Finn and the other keep them in their day to day lives but idk that’s just me

Cant wait to see how episodes 9-12 go this is gonna be exciting🤩🤩
Feb 26, 6:37 PM
Apr 2021
oh_its_harry said:
some of you in this thread are actually so mental lmao. of course he wouldn’t kill lala to get rid of the cards. the entire series would end just like that. people are acting like this is bad writing when pretty much every show and manga series has a moment where if the mc made a different choice it’d just be over but that doesn’t make for an interesting story. y’all are too cynical

RIGHT!!! Some of these ppl have no media literacy and just hate on Finn bc he’s actually a human who doesn’t think their in a shonen and that he’s not the most OP character in the show, it’s a shame some ppl are just hate watching this show at this point😕
Feb 26, 8:14 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Reply to Treyv0n
oh_its_harry said:

RIGHT!!! Some of these ppl have no media literacy and just hate on Finn bc he’s actually a human who doesn’t think their in a shonen and that he’s not the most OP character in the show, it’s a shame some ppl are just hate watching this show at this point😕
@Treyv0n Its not about being human, its the narrative ofering a choice that would be better for all.
But nah, "what about the end fights!!!" thats basically a dumb choice that has to be made so that the can anime continue, don't make the MC do the dumbest choice alive to keep the plot ongoing, its that hard?
If he's human he would end the suffering of the guy who asked for it and had a great reason for it, he was a pure dick, and his life was shit because of the cards and now he says that? no way dude....bad choices are bad choices, and in this case was not natural.
Feb 26, 8:38 PM
Apr 2021
lucio54 said:
@Treyv0n Its not about being human, its the narrative ofering a choice that would be better for all.
But nah, "what about the end fights!!!" thats basically a dumb choice that has to be made so that the can anime continue, don't make the MC do the dumbest choice alive to keep the plot ongoing, its that hard?
If he's human he would end the suffering of the guy who asked for it and had a great reason for it, he was a pure dick, and his life was shit because of the cards and now he says that? no way dude....bad choices are bad choices, and in this case was not natural.

I guess so you have a point tbh but even if he did kill Lala and the cards disappear what are we gonna be watching for episodes 9 through 12? I see how it’s a bad choice and I’ll admit finn made a pretty selfish decision based on his own experience excluding others who fell victim to the cards but it’s a choice made to keep this story progressing dont you think? Ass choice at the expense of keeping the story going hahaha😭
Feb 26, 10:12 PM

May 2019
Finally, the lore expansion episode we've been waiting for!

Everything is connected, and the plot makes so much sense now that we have an extensive background of the setting, even with the relationship between the royal family and the Pinochle's. I won't give my personal take on whether Finn should've put Lala out of their misery—especially since there's more than enough that will make its way into this discussion—I'm just satisfied that so many things were cleared up in this episode. Of course, I'm pretty pissed about the police's stake in this issue after what Sugar did in the post-credit scene, but that's being hinted with next week's episode preview so we'll see about that. Additionally, there were some aspects that seemed very predictable, such as the origin of the Joker card and the relationship between San Galgano's King of Spades & the weaker 2 of Spades cards, but the episode was fairly solid overall.
Feb 26, 11:21 PM
Apr 2008
I have to say I'm really surprised by the comments here - I got the worst feeling when Lala was talking. Killing him might get rid of the cards. Maybe. I'm surprised everyone trusts what he says to be true.

I think either it won't just be getting rid of the cards, or it might not be that at all. I don't trust him.

Finn might be making the right choice.
Feb 26, 11:51 PM
May 2021
loved the lore drop about lala and how the cards and the kingdom were actually created. i feel finn should have shot lala though. like okay, you had the card when you had nobody else, but how many people have been killed because of the cards? including your own family. love finn but imo he definitely made the wrong choice. at least based off the information currently available to us. i may take it back and admit finn was right depending on what happens.

reeeally really hate that police woman. never liked her much to begin with but i just absolutely loathe her now. if she had just not stuck her nose where it didn't belong, this current mess wouldn't be happening. just hand the damn cards over to the people who know how to use them and know how dangerous they are before you cause more trouble. hope karma comes to get her.
My 2023 candies:
Feb 27, 9:12 PM
Oct 2019
Massive Lore Episode!!

High Card Jesus asked Finn to kill him.

I like Rie Takahashi but Sugar is starting to annoying me.
Feb 28, 8:40 PM

Sep 2021
A lot of lore in this one, but few awnsers to the present time actually. With only 4 episodes left, I wonder if there will be another season. There's still so much to tell...

I wonder what's next. Will Zenon die? Will Tilt betray the Klondikes? Will Sugar get something done for real? How are the king and Greg?

Whatever it is, I can't wait to see more next week!
Feb 29, 5:52 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to Treyv0n
Holy shit this episode was AMAZING with the lore drop now we finally get to know the origins of the cards, how it was created and what went wrong with the Black Knight this was such a cool episode idk why so many ppl here are hating on it I mean we finally get to know the full story of Fourland and the High Card🤦🏽‍♂️😭

I get many don’t like what Finn said but if he killed Lala the entire show would end just like that and the show High Card wouldn’t be High Card anymore, it would just be normal humans with no powers which is what this show isn’t about💀💀 I think it would cool if Pinochle will found every card and keep them locked up with the Royal family while Finn and the other keep them in their day to day lives but idk that’s just me

Cant wait to see how episodes 9-12 go this is gonna be exciting🤩🤩
@Treyv0n I like your comment brooooo!~~ very very well ♡♡♡♡
Feb 29, 5:53 AM

Jun 2023
Goooood episode!
Feb 29, 5:41 PM
Apr 2021
Matchappie said:
@Treyv0n I like your comment brooooo!~~ very very well ♡♡♡♡

Thank you so much I appreciate u liking me comment a lot :DDDDD
Feb 29, 7:21 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to davidyodo24
Massive Lore Episode!!

High Card Jesus asked Finn to kill him.

davidyodo24 said:

at least rie takahashi succeed for bringing an annoying character to live XD
btw you are not the only one that annoyed by sugar :)
Mar 2, 6:42 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
FInally, the lore dump episode that catches us up on the story so far and explain not only why Finn is the protagonist despite being the weakest but why the Black Knight was so obsessed with killing and who exactly was San Galgano. I'm not quite keen on Finn's decision to let the cards live be the smartest considering the grand scheme of things and I find his view of them giving him a purpose to be a bit shallow but we'll see where it goes from here.

Also, that policewoman is giving off serious death flags. That or she'll become corrupted in some way or another.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 3, 7:42 AM

Jul 2017
Magic Rose's Lala Valdenklein comes in to sweep Finn back to the moment the Cards were created, its origin story.

The Trapla Island, made up of 4 nations each with their own intentions, there was a boy who wished for peace, and Lala accompanied him, witnessed the killings, and made 52 cards to stop the bloodbath. And one of them, the Black Knight, became San Galgano wielding the King of Spades, which he and 51 others led the charge. However, the lie of the Takers not evicted, along with the birth of the boy named Ewan who became Fourland's king, history took a deep dive elsewhere, evicting Lala and Ewan instead. And when the execution was about to take place, one of the young knights rebelled against him enough, which in the end, releasing the king and execute San Galgano instead. The Fourland Kingdom thrived thanks to Lala, but wanting himself killed so that the conflicts like San Galgano will not stand, it's for the best. But instead, a 53rd card only for Ewan, it's the Joker card, and that's how the Cards become the legend that they know today. As for San Galgano, continuing his relentless pursuit of the cards, which would become X-Blind, sought Players like Finn to obtain them, and that became the conflict of which he could not slain the Joker.

In the modern day, this is possible, and the entire series has shown the power of the Cards up till then, though that's not what Ewan would've wished for peace. And the only way to stop it is still by killing Lala, thus saving everyone from their mishap and misforgivings. Finn has that possibility, but he doesn't take the chanc, because he has been saved by his Card then, and now, more than collecting the Cards, it's saving people, though why Finn as the weakest 2 of Spades power, Finn is the modern-day protagonist to put an end to this story spanning millennia.

More than the entire backstory alone, Owen is surprisingly still alive and kicking. But still, Finn should've ended the farce when presented with the opportunity.
Mar 3, 7:52 AM
Sep 2021
The story of High card its past was finally explained, now everything makes a clear sense, so now it's time for Finn & his friends to make it right.
Mar 17, 7:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
amazing tale about the past and origin of cards!
kekeke
May 2, 11:45 PM

Aug 2019
I won't ever shut up about how much I dislike the cop

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Card Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 25

18 by Sun_Chan »»
May 2, 11:40 PM

Poll: » High Card Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

AnimeSrk - Mar 18

24 by Sun_Chan »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » High Card Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Illyricus - Feb 19

21 by Sun_Chan »»
May 2, 10:14 PM

Poll: » High Card Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion

AnimeSrk - Feb 12

17 by Sun_Chan »»
May 2, 9:48 PM

Poll: » High Card Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Illyricus - Feb 5

18 by Sun_Chan »»
May 2, 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.