Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 24, 7:14 AM
Feb 2020
I found the song tha Elfen Lied is named after. It's a classical piece by a guy named Hugo Wolf. ... It's about a drunk elf. Does anyone see the connection?

Here's the video:

And here's a link to an English translation of the lyrics:
[url]https://oxfordsong.org/song/elfenlied[/url]

I haven't seen the anime yet, but I heard that Nozomi, the one who sings this song, is replaced by a music box (good). The accompaniment in this piece certainly reminds me of a music box, too. I hope there's a brief mention of it when the music box appears.
Feb 25, 11:00 AM
Feb 2017
It represents how Lucy tries to fit into human society, only to ultimately be rejected by it and hurt for trying. There exists a video illustrating the lyrics of the song using the characters from Elfen Lied, which makes it clear how the lyrics inspired the series:

Incidentally, the anime removes all mention of Elfenlied just to shill its opening song (which is just a bunch of random biblical phrases) instead.
Feb 25, 5:40 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Detaramei
It represents how Lucy tries to fit into human society, only to ultimately be rejected by it and hurt for trying. There exists a video illustrating the lyrics of the song using the characters from Elfen Lied, which makes it clear how the lyrics inspired the series:

Incidentally, the anime removes all mention of Elfenlied just to shill its opening song (which is just a bunch of random biblical phrases) instead.
@Detaramei Oh, I completely misinterpreted the lyrics then. He wakes up and walks like he's drunk, but he's just tired.
Also, just as Lucy is about to see how the love triangle ended... *bonk* Nyu~?
Mar 28, 9:33 PM
Sep 2009
Hello, so I actually have A LOT to say about this manga as I have been studying it for more than a year but have been suffering for Writer's Block, perfectionism, and extreme difficulty in presentation which has prevented me from fulfilling my plans of what to do with all that knowledge.

Related to your question, I will say this though that the two German words used in this manga are Elfenlied which is used on the side of good and Lebensborn which is on the side of evil. That will be explained by me whenever I get to posting online. I don't know if it is necessary for me to study the Elfenlied song but seeing the other video on the post says maybe I really should as I had to have also refer to other works of fiction.
XpldFrFantasyLndMar 28, 9:50 PM
Mar 29, 9:41 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to XpldFrFantasyLnd
Hello, so I actually have A LOT to say about this manga as I have been studying it for more than a year but have been suffering for Writer's Block, perfectionism, and extreme difficulty in presentation which has prevented me from fulfilling my plans of what to do with all that knowledge.

Related to your question, I will say this though that the two German words used in this manga are Elfenlied which is used on the side of good and Lebensborn which is on the side of evil. That will be explained by me whenever I get to posting online. I don't know if it is necessary for me to study the Elfenlied song but seeing the other video on the post says maybe I really should as I had to have also refer to other works of fiction.
@XpldFrFantasyLnd That sounds awesome! The Lebensborn and Elfenlied dichotomy makes a lot of sense now that you mention it. I wish you luck on your presentation. Are you planning to make it into a Powerpoint or video? Or will you be putting it all in a series of blog posts on this website?
Mar 29, 6:25 PM
Sep 2009
Reply to passing_through
@XpldFrFantasyLnd That sounds awesome! The Lebensborn and Elfenlied dichotomy makes a lot of sense now that you mention it. I wish you luck on your presentation. Are you planning to make it into a Powerpoint or video? Or will you be putting it all in a series of blog posts on this website?
@passing_through For awhile in the middle of study I thought that I could possibly make it the length of a book after reading another that made me want to structure mine like theirs as I remember their chapters refered to other subjects be it either recall of previous passages or making mentions that more would come later in a specific chapter. But the problem with the medium of publishing a book is that of correcting error and in this field, I probably would end up messing up big time as its education level is probably around 3rd - 5th year university level (not that I have made it that far in post secondary school).

I have though of making a channel on video share such as YouTube, Odysee and whatever else would be appropriate including non-video formats such as this site. Speaking of website, maybe I would even go as far as making a website for an industry I am trying to get in that being digital marketing. And another difficulty I have is getting video footage which can't be easily done as screenshoting manga pages.

Whenever I get going with it I will be sure to make it known out there as Elfen Lied is one of the most misunderstood and/or insufficiently understood works of fiction and a big reason is because it seems that everyone is introduced to it in its incomplete anime adaptation, though there were some inprovements.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 87 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 3, 2012

7 by passing_through »»
Feb 25, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 75 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 3, 2012

10 by passing_through »»
Feb 25, 5:49 PM

» The Harem Side of the story

Buddy2604 - Aug 20, 2022

7 by Detaramei »»
Feb 25, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 64 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 1, 2012

3 by passing_through »»
Feb 24, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 63 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 1, 2012

7 by passing_through »»
Feb 24, 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.