Forum Settings
Forums

"Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

New
Feb 21, 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
"Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation. https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1760100883562713422

"That Time I got reincarnated as a Slime" light novel series by FUSE, Mitz Vah has 45 million copies (including manga & spin-offs) in circulation worldwide. https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1760100359022989763

jobless reincarnation is not that big in japan? so thoughts

any data on the anime boost for the source materials before anime aired and after the anime aired?

edit:

i googled so its still a high profit for a light novel sales https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_light_novels
degFeb 21, 10:24 AM
Feb 21, 4:26 AM
May 2023
comparing these 2 makes no sense. They don't have much in common apart from both being isekais. They even target different audiences
Feb 21, 4:42 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Kochamszopy12
comparing these 2 makes no sense. They don't have much in common apart from both being isekais. They even target different audiences
@Kochamszopy12 the point is the western fans says mushoku tensei is the better and father of isekai but its not winning in profit
Feb 21, 6:02 AM
May 2023
deg said:
@Kochamszopy12 the point is the western fans says mushoku tensei is the better and father of isekai but its not winning in profit

tldr: Slime is a wholesome, funny story for everyone, both children and adults, whereas mushoku is darker, ecchi and complicated story which you cant show to youngsters and even some adults May be repelled by it. thats why mushoku earns less money.

okay, but life isnt as simple as that. Worse or simpler shows can have bigger profits than more complicated and mature shows. They just appear to more people. Slime is very family friendly, pretty much everything in there has some comedy aspect, the show isnt dark or convoluted, the only ecchi you can find in there are some big oppais, and it isnt even real ecchi. Slime can appear to everyone. Mushoku tensei is a darker, full of ecchi stuff story with more complicated characters. The characters in mushoku tensei are even having sex, so for sure you cant show this story to everyone. Thats why the profits are lower.
Feb 21, 6:04 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Kochamszopy12
deg said:

tldr: Slime is a wholesome, funny story for everyone, both children and adults, whereas mushoku is darker, ecchi and complicated story which you cant show to youngsters and even some adults May be repelled by it. thats why mushoku earns less money.

okay, but life isnt as simple as that. Worse or simpler shows can have bigger profits than more complicated and mature shows. They just appear to more people. Slime is very family friendly, pretty much everything in there has some comedy aspect, the show isnt dark or convoluted, the only ecchi you can find in there are some big oppais, and it isnt even real ecchi. Slime can appear to everyone. Mushoku tensei is a darker, full of ecchi stuff story with more complicated characters. The characters in mushoku tensei are even having sex, so for sure you cant show this story to everyone. Thats why the profits are lower.
@Kochamszopy12 ok welp i thought adult fans that has the money to buy things will buy it more though
Feb 21, 8:08 AM

Jan 2021
Was this actually that surprising. Its pretty clear that Slime anime is more popular.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 21, 8:16 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I'd rather read Mushoku Tensei light novel over Slime ones. I'm reading both of them and think Slime is quite boring while I think Mushoku Tensei is more fun and interesting.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Feb 21, 8:54 AM
Oct 2022
Dude is angry because fans praised it😂
Feb 21, 8:56 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Nanoda_6426
Dude is angry because fans praised it😂
@Nanoda_6426 what? im not angry im curious because its not as profitable as other isekai when its said to be the father of isekai
Feb 21, 9:00 AM
Oct 2022
Mushoku Tensei profits from hentai goods so don't worry about us
Feb 21, 9:02 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Nanoda_6426
Mushoku Tensei profits from hentai goods so don't worry about us
@Nanoda_6426 so you admit that the source material did not profit much compared to its hype and reputation
Feb 21, 9:06 AM
Oct 2022
deg said:
@Nanoda_6426 so you admit that the source material did not profit much compared to its hype and reputation

This series ended a long time ago, I finished reading MT WN 5 years ago and I know many people like that. Moreover, MT is banned in China, therefore the amount of sales like this for me is quite high.
Nanoda_6426Feb 21, 9:10 AM
Feb 21, 9:11 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Nanoda_6426
deg said:

This series ended a long time ago, I finished reading MT WN 5 years ago and I know many people like that. Moreover, MT is banned in China, therefore the amount of sales like this for me is quite high.
@Nanoda_6426 the ban in china explains it more then ok good to know
Feb 21, 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
i googled so its still a high profit for a light novel sales https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_light_novels
Feb 25, 2:09 AM
Oct 2017
The comparison isn't fair because slime has a very good manga and manga sells much more than LN. Even in Ln sales slime would Still be ahead but the gap won't be that big
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Sep 2022
I believe that since Slime Isekai had an anime adaptation come out first before Mushoku Tensei, it plays a part on why it has higher copies sold. That and the fact that Slime Isekai is much more light and easier to digest.

deg said:
jobless reincarnation is not that big in japan?

According to those who closely follow Shosetsuka ni Narou (Japan's version of Wattpad), Mushoku Tensei's WN was top 1 most popular work on the website for 5 years, before it was dethroned by Slime Isekai when it got an anime adaptation. So no, I'm pretty sure it's also big on Japan, especially among weebs, whom as we know drive BD sales and merch.
Gremlin Eris be like:

More topics from this board

» So about the ending [SPOILER ALERT]

NiQ1 - Mar 4

11 by Arkaniet »»
Apr 23, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 24 Discussion (END) ( 1 2 )

-Karoshi- - Apr 4, 2015

70 by Junichi_Hashiba »»
Mar 20, 1:30 PM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Chapter 3 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 5, 2014

4 by hisokabutsad »»
Jan 13, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.