Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2:49 PM
Jan 2021
absolutely amazing
Feb 17, 2:51 PM
Jan 2022
This anime is too cute! This season's episodes just seems to get better every week. It's a wonderful adaptation!
Feb 17, 3:00 PM
May 2020
The Op Transition GOAT ๐Ÿ
Feb 17, 3:11 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to notindien
Peak after peak my god, this show maybe can top Kaguya sama
@notindien I think this season is much better than Kaguya s3 and the franchise. It's just much more consistent, feels like progress is happening with each episode without much filler or repetitive segments taking place. Dont know if it will ever be as popular but quality-wise, right now it has a lot of potential to be one of the best (if not the best) rom-com anime ever.
Feb 17, 3:15 PM
Oct 2023
MangagnaM said:
@notindien I think this season is much better than Kaguya s3 and the franchise. It's just much more consistent, feels like progress is happening with each episode without much filler or repetitive segments taking place. Dont know if it will ever be as popular but quality-wise, right now it has a lot of potential to be one of the best (if not the best) rom-com anime ever.

for me is definetly up there, what would be your romcom top?
Feb 17, 3:31 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to notindien
MangagnaM said:

for me is definetly up there, what would be your romcom top?
@notindien Romantic Killer, although with season 2 of this, that can easily be surpassed. I did absolutely love the female MC from the series and the general hilarious and refreshing take on otome/harems and building of relationships that the series focuses on under wacky circumstances. Romance anime as a whole and still think Tsuki ga Kirei or Kimi wa houkago insomnia are my favorites but this one aint too far from that level either.
Feb 17, 3:37 PM
Oct 2023
MangagnaM said:
@notindien Romantic Killer, although with season 2 of this, that can easily be surpassed. I did absolutely love the female MC from the series and the general hilarious and refreshing take on otome/harems and building of relationships that the series focuses on under wacky circumstances. Romance anime as a whole and still think Tsuki ga Kirei or Kimi wa houkago insomnia are my favorites but this one aint too far from that level either.

Pretty nice choices :)
Feb 17, 4:01 PM

Jan 2023
Creative way to transition into the OP lol, each episode just continues to get better and better and better.
Feb 17, 4:06 PM

Jul 2022
Another 10/10 episode! After the indirect confession in the previous episode, Yamada and Ichikawa find it awkward to face each other. However, this doesn't stop the jealousy, leading Ichikawa to follow Yamada and friends to karaoke, resulting in an uncomfortable situation with Ichikawa singing the opening in front of everyone.

Hara invites Yamada and Ichikawa to a double date. Although it starts off rocky with misunderstandings from Kenta thinking Ichikawa likes Hara, making Yamada jealous, there's nothing to worry about as Yamada belongs to Ichikawa.

Everything wraps up with Ichikawa giving Yamada a White Day gift, delivering a compliment that brings tears of joy to Yamada's eyes. I love this couple and their beautiful development, taking small yet significant steps forward.
Feb 17, 4:24 PM

Sep 2023
Peak continues this week, I loved the transition from karaoke into the OP!

Double date this episode, each girl helps the other guy choose a gift for white day. After much confusion, Kyo gives a cute bracelet to Yamada disguised into her favorite thing, food!

They are taking it slow but it’s their vibe and it’s so damn sweet!
Feb 17, 4:31 PM
Apr 2022
BRUH THE FORESHADOWING OF THIS EPISODE TO THE BEST MOMENT IN THE MANGA CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT EPISODE!! WE ARE ALMOST NEAR THERE
Feb 17, 4:42 PM
Mar 2023
This episode was so funny and the bit with the opening was so clever
Feb 17, 4:50 PM

Aug 2019
I can't man, considering the first 2-3 episodes, this took the biggest turn ever.

Absolute peak, had me in my feels fr
Feb 17, 5:19 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
When you have a banger Valentine’s Day episode, you gotta have a White Day episode to follow it up, and it was another fantastic one. The whole karaoke bit at the beginning was already great, Ichikawa really is getting more attention from his speech, and getting caught after that moment with Yamada and then having to sing right after which lead into the OP was perfect, if only we got a complete Ichikawa cover lol. And White Day goodness turned into a double date with Kenta and Hara which I was a fan of, those two are a lot of fun and kicking off the date with a misunderstanding was hilarious, the mood was completely off balance after that lol.

And in the process of the hilarity we got a nice moment between Hara and Kenta when Ichikawa gave his thoughts on what was going on between them, I thought that might go sour but thankfully it didn’t, and then immediately after Yamada had an explosion of embarrassment when she overheard Ichikawa say “Yamada is mine” lol. And after the double date it was finally time for Ichikawa and Yamada to be alone together again, and just like with Yamada on Valentine’s Day we got another great gift exchange with Ichikawa here, and I liked the idea he had with the bracelet and muffin but I think Yamada would have absolutely swallowed it in an alternate universe lol. Thankfully she didn’t and we got that phenomenal final moment, if I didn’t already have 8 screenshots I would have gotten 6 more here lol, couldn’t have asked for a better ending to this one.
Feb 17, 5:29 PM
Sep 2021
omggg. I love this series so much.

Such a cute episode. Yamada and Ichikawa are getting so close and are truly understanding each others feelings towards one an other.

Yamada was jealous at first with him hanging out with another girl, but little did she know at the time that he was doing exactly the same she was doing for someone else. He had someone else helping him for a white day gift just like Yamada was.

The ending was so cute, Ichikawa even called Yamada cute as well which she wasn't expecting. We could've seen a kiss scene here and it would've been 100% justified. This show keeps on giving and giving though bit by bit even if we aren't seeing the end result each episode that we would like, we know that the end conclusion to this series will be magnificent.

I don't think my heart can take waiting ANOTHER week ;((((. I want to binge watch the whole ending nowwwwww.

Such a good series honestly. Im loving every moment.
Feb 17, 5:32 PM
Jul 2021
He’s our hero by this point. He really went off with the muffin + necklace combo—not to mention playing off like he hadn’t prepared a gift yet.

The karaoke transitioning to the OP is also incredible.
Feb 17, 5:52 PM
Jan 2022
This is easily one of the best rom-com anime I've seen in a while.
Feb 17, 5:59 PM

Feb 2020
Bokuyaba sweep just doesn't stop this season, huh. This show might be peak romcom ngl, and I've watched a lot of romance myself but man, how can something with such a simple premise be this amazing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 5:59 PM

Apr 2013
WHERE'S SEBASTIAN TO CREATE A MOOD WITH KISS THE GIRL SONG?

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Feb 17, 6:03 PM
Sep 2020
Cliffhanger never disappoints
Feb 17, 6:07 PM
May 2020
Yamada and Ichikawa are in their heaven. All is right with the world.

Every episode of S2 has been so precious that caused dangers in my heart. I would feel so empty if they don't announce S3 soon enough...
Feb 17, 6:13 PM
Mar 2020
Superior romcom, peak romcom, I will burn my house, this is way too cute. <3
Feb 17, 6:16 PM

Oct 2014
l0ck0n00 said:
Yamada and Ichikawa are in their heaven. All is right with the world.

Every episode of S2 has been so precious that caused dangers in my heart. I would feel so empty if they don't announce S3 soon enough...

Would love season 3 soon , but there wouldnt be enough content yet.

They are at chapter 139 and this season will likely finish around 113-115.

Generally need about 50-60 chapters for enough content for a season
Feb 17, 6:23 PM

Nov 2010
  • "moshikashite tukete kitano? (Are you stalking me?)
    "moshikashite tuite kitano? (Are you following me?)"
  • today's best shot:
    "Yeah, you look really cute (with the hat)... RIGHT?" it's scary.
  • oops... no Ichikawa's sister at the ending. But I should be satisfied with the scene: "Let's practice. I like you, Ichikawa-kun!"
  • It's ok to send an accessory as a present, but the design is not ok at all.
Feb 17, 6:34 PM
Mar 2018
The fucking work put into this episode was insane. This season just gets better and better.
Feb 17, 6:56 PM
Oct 2021
This show is going to melt my heart-

Also, Ichikawa singing the OP was absolutely priceless lol.
Feb 17, 7:09 PM

Nov 2023
I swear, every episode tops the one before it; it's just that good.

I can't wait for next week's episode.
Feb 17, 7:36 PM
Jun 2021
ever seen a girl that flustered that she can bend space and time ?? now you have. but yeah hella of a new episode but idk why but i was expecting a little more after the last episode
Feb 17, 7:52 PM

Jun 2010
It really took the chance for Kanna fanservice. Much more so than the manga.
Feb 17, 8:08 PM
Aug 2015
The entire episode kept me attentive, the emotions that the protagonists expressed was something I was waiting for, I hope to see the rest of the episodes to come.
Feb 17, 8:15 PM
Jun 2023
This episode was sooo goood, the way they started the op and how ichikawa sadi your so cute i could die โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
Feb 17, 8:19 PM

Oct 2022
When Hara said "I kinda have something to tell you.." Yamada in the background making that face at 8:05 omg I was dying of laughter LMFAO amazing!
UndefeatedBahamut
Feb 17, 8:24 PM

Dec 2022
The cut into the intro was smooth and work well as a cringe breaker, tbh almost died of cringe on that singing one.
Feb 17, 8:35 PM
Nov 2020
Every episode of this season has been fantastic. It makes me happy every time I watch. Ichikawa I’m rooting for ya.
Feb 17, 9:00 PM
Mar 2015
on white day they go on a double date he overcomes his feat that he is not good enough for her and gives her a muffin and a bracelet When she cries he gives her a hug
Feb 17, 9:02 PM
Jun 2023
MangagnaM said:

tsuki ga keria is underrated i think,i haven't Heard this show name from ages , its also one of my favourites .
Feb 17, 9:19 PM
May 2012
Ayo, the production on this week was special. So much stuff in a single episode and nothing felt rushed. They cut the ED for that beautiful scene. Kyo singing the OP at the start was a good touch. Great use of the OST too.
Loved everything. 5/5
Feb 17, 9:40 PM

Mar 2023
While it's nice to see the MC and Yamada's bond strengthen and grow closer (this being the most progressive thing in the story), it sometimes feels like the MC is back at square one, and he's as naive and insecure as he was at the start. I was a bit annoyed at how defeated he acted after the double date sequence. He was relatably emotionally drained after several stress-inducing scenarios, however, things ultimately always turned out in his favor, with him acknowledging that Yamada wanted to spend time alone with him and the fact that Yamada hinted at wanting to remain together afterward (to which he baffling told her he was just going to go home). Luckily, the White Day exchange at the end redeemed him and tied the episode up in a pretty bow.

Also—I love a good "cry scene"—but Yamada's persistent episode-to-episode tears, I fear, will become obsessive or forced. I'm not fully there yet, but I feel the season is reaching its cry threshold. Luckily, I think the tears were pretty justified in this scene. Yamada was visibly profoundly bothered by MC (seemingly) calling Haru "cute"; so him calling her "so cute he could die" at the end could have definitely stricken the particular chord in her.

But ya know, I also feel like him saying "I love you. I do" (out loud, as opposed to inner monologue) could have worked. I don't know what arcs are to follow, but I don't think him confessing then and there would have been forced or out-of-left-field. Alternatively, I even think Yamada's tears could have been extra-justified if the MC responded to them by saying "We've taken just a few necessary steps forward. This is our vibe." (Calling back to Yamada saying "I like this vibe.") It's definitely in his character to say something like that out loud, rather than it being an inner-monologue. ..... I acknowledge that "less is more", and I agree. But this entire show has been "less it more", and has much artfully subtle dialogue. Yet, every once and a while, some extra seasoning would be appreciated. Not so much as to ruin the pacing—because I understand the need to prolong the story—but sometimes I feel a tad sold short. Essentially, from Yamada's perspective, MC just said "you're so cute I could die" and then went silent (albeit placing a gentle hand on her). But if it were me, I really would have given MC some words of console. Because that ending seen was gorgeous—the color palette and lens flares, the soaring music, the facial expressions and voice acting—everything sold the scene. But for something so beautifully executed, I feel some slightly stronger dialogue would've really done it some justice.

I feel like at this point, surely, they are both fully aware they are in love with each other. Especially after what transpired in this and the prior episodes. There is simply no more ambiguity, and there feelings are transparent—crystal. I'm all for prolonging the confession, but surely after this episode, something gigantic is coming. (If there is a manga, I have no idea what its outcome is.) Like @/kisip123 said: "Peak after peak". In terms of audience enjoyment, impactful moments, and I feel story beats—I have no idea how they'd intend to prolong things any further given that it's been peak after peak after peak. Is it even possible to keep peaking peaks?

All just some minor nitpicks. This is a pretty top-tier show, and potentially one of the best anime romances in the entire genre. A modern classic that trumps most of its predecessors. However, sometimes I feel like it falls ever-so-short of the mark. Deliberately (to prolong). All the pieces are there and I'm vying for the story to connect them, but just when I think peak impact—peak ecstasy—will be achieved, the train stops in its tracks. Yanno? And, oh my god, I think I've been describing edging this whole time.
WaifuSandwichFeb 17, 9:47 PM
Feb 17, 10:03 PM

Oct 2022
Yamada was flabbergasted after hearing bro saying "Yamada's mine". That is when she realized he wasn't calling Hara cute and was sure that Ichi is the GOAT.

Feb 17, 10:18 PM

Jun 2010
Reply to vadoyager7
When Hara said "I kinda have something to tell you.." Yamada in the background making that face at 8:05 omg I was dying of laughter LMFAO amazing!
vadoyager7 said:
When Hara said "I kinda have something to tell you.." Yamada in the background making that face at 8:05 omg I was dying of laughter

Yamada's bouts of jealousy are interesting as a character flaw; she's (briefly) quite angry at characters like Hara or Moe who are actually very helpful in getting her and Kyoutarou together.
Feb 17, 10:46 PM

Sep 2017
Another week, another very funny and powerfully emotional episode that leaves me on the verge of tears, it is the best RomCom i have seen in all these years and it is one of the most beautiful anime that exists.

I don't even feel able to comment anything about the episode, Because I feel like anything I say won't do it justice to the fantastic episode that it was.
Feb 17, 11:00 PM

May 2019
Ngl, I felt this started with a bit of cringe with Kyotaro following Anna but with the way she is she liked that lol. After that it got really good with them going on a double date with the other two classmates and the way they separated was pretty funny with Anna "accidentally" getting lost only for her to immediately grab Kyotaro's arm once the other two left.

The scene with Kyotaro giving Anna the muffin and jewelry was great but Anna having various food crumbs and frosting around her face throughout this episode had me chuckling.
Feb 17, 11:13 PM

Nov 2022
I couldn't stop my laugh when they got caught in karoke.
Feb 17, 11:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Suuuper cute episode today, although when is it not cute? I could say lots of things about what happened this episode, but I really just came here to mention that they snuck their Sweets Paradise collab cafe in, haha. When they mentioned Sweets Paradise, I was instantly suspicious, and went to check their site. It's happening next month, so perfect timing! That being said, I went to check the manga, and they actually said Sweets Paradise there, too :o Thought they wouldn't since copyright, but maybe they already had ties then. Wonder if they timed the collab with the anime episode, then ๐Ÿ‘€ Yamada sure got lots of sweets on her plate~
Feb 17, 11:29 PM

Oct 2022
The cute moments are really wholesome but ngl some of the shit gives me second hand embarrassment lol.
Feb 17, 11:31 PM
Feb 2021
Episode 7 by far was the best episode currently. I really hope the ending of this show is good.
Feb 17, 11:33 PM
Jan 2018
It’s not like him to directly confess to Yamada but….. I do like his new demeanor and courage to finally reveal his true feelings for her. Everyone expresses how they feel for one another a different way, so not everyone will agree with his approach but I respect that he’s putting effort to change and become a guy worthy of her affections! โค๏ธ
Feb 17, 11:33 PM

Dec 2022
Okay that transition into the op was a chef's kiss.
Also Yamada's jealousy stares are kinda freaky I couldn't stop wheezing whenever she makes that face ๐Ÿคฃ
Feb 17, 11:44 PM

Oct 2022
Ichikawa is the luckiest kid alive to have met someone who is absolutely in love with him and understands him very well because pulling the Karaoke stunt would definitely have lost him some points.

Why did god give us the ability to feel embarrassment for fictional people?

Bro is absolutely trying to fatten her up.
Feb 17, 11:51 PM
Dec 2022
it doesn't even surprise me now every single episode is a experience.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

342 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

202 by Playcool »»
May 5, 6:42 AM

» Anime Recommendations like Bokuyaba

Htun__ - Apr 5

43 by Playcool »»
May 3, 4:47 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.