Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 17, 9:04 AM
Apr 2023
I want to watch Spice and wolf and i know I'll love it. This is absolutely my type of anime. But I don't mind waiting for the remake to release because i have quite a few things on my watch list that i want to complete. So should i wait for the remake or watch original
Feb 17, 9:09 AM

Mar 2013
Watch the original series first including season 2 and see for yourself if the remake is any better. (which I doubt)
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 17, 9:18 AM
Oct 2020
I think Original was way better than the Remake (Although, Season 2 was quite boring), especially in terms of animation.
Feb 17, 9:19 AM
Oct 2023
Watch the original two seasons because they are really good, I doubt the remake will live up to the original
Feb 17, 9:20 AM
Apr 2023
Sei_Shinohara484 said:
I think Original was way better than the Remake (Although, Season 2 was quite boring), especially in terms of animation.

welp season 2 not getting a remake. I don't mind bad animation. just watched kino's journey 2003 instead of 2017 and it was peak
Feb 17, 9:23 AM
Oct 2020
SIimyBread said:
Sei_Shinohara484 said:

welp season 2 not getting a remake. I don't mind bad animation. just watched kino's journey 2003 instead of 2017 and it was peak

Old Animes like Spice and Wolf were gems of their own, so I think it was kind of an overkill of making this anime into a Remake.
Feb 17, 10:52 AM
Sep 2021
Honestly, I'm not that pessimistic about the remake, the remake is necessary for a possible continuation of the work.
Feb 17, 11:00 AM

Dec 2021
Don't wait, watch the original series. There isn't anything wrong with it. The remake is unnecessary. A third season is what this anime needs.
Feb 17, 11:39 AM

Jul 2021
Sei_Shinohara484 said:

wow are you a time traveler?
Feb 17, 11:43 AM
Oct 2020
IhnalakoKaina said:
Sei_Shinohara484 said:

Why do you think me being a time traveller?
Feb 17, 11:46 AM

Jan 2017
SIimyBread said:
welp season 2 not getting a remake.

We don't know how many episode is planned for the Remake, and how the pacing will be for it.
So it's way too early to say that, especially since the only good reason to Remake the show, is to give it a more complete adaptation, to begin with.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 17, 11:46 AM

Jul 2021
cause you already know how good or bad a show that hasn't come out will be.
Feb 17, 12:04 PM

Apr 2012
Depends on how invested you are in it and how complete the new anime will be. While it may seem like a waste of time, if new anime adapt LN entirely (the old show is a typical example of unfinished adaptations), I would still suggest watching the original if you're very interested in the franchise. This is a good anime.
Feb 17, 12:10 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Sei_Shinohara484
IhnalakoKaina said:
Sei_Shinohara484 said:

Why do you think me being a time traveller?
@Sei_Shinohara484 you said the original was way better than the remake, but the remake didn't air yet ... so you must come from the future!
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 17, 2:44 PM
Aug 2021
SIimyBread said:
I want to watch Spice and wolf and i know I'll love it. This is absolutely my type of anime. But I don't mind waiting for the remake to release because i have quite a few things on my watch list that i want to complete. So should i wait for the remake or watch original

how would we know? the remake hasn't been released yet.
Feb 17, 2:46 PM
Aug 2021
Sei_Shinohara484 said:

are you from the future?
Feb 17, 6:27 PM
Jul 2023
I'd say watch the original dubbed (because it's a super awesome dub) and watch the remake in Japanese when it comes out.
Feb 18, 12:59 AM
Sep 2013
Can't decide if the remake will be better or not until it's actually released.
Feb 18, 5:29 AM

Mar 2013
If the remake is just a 12-13 cour episode.
I believe it will go downhill 🥲 as they will probably skip a lot of things. Let's hope not.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 18, 6:08 AM
Nov 2020
SIimyBread said:

read the novel 😅
Feb 18, 7:24 AM

Sep 2018
JuniorOliveira said:
Honestly, I'm not that pessimistic about the remake, the remake is necessary for a possible continuation of the work.

Yeah, a lot of people don’t seem to understand this. They aren’t remaking it because the original is bad, they’re remaking it to gauge interest in the series and get more new fans into it. If the remake’s reception is good, odds are they’ll keep adapting more seasons.
Feb 18, 2:43 PM
May 2020
I have a raging hate-boner for studio Passione so my opinion will be warped. Also I loved the original and thought it was great.
Feb 18, 9:49 PM

Mar 2013
Deane said:
JuniorOliveira said:

Yeah, a lot of people don’t seem to understand this. They aren’t remaking it because the original is bad, they’re remaking it to gauge interest in the series and get more new fans into it. If the remake’s reception is good, odds are they’ll keep adapting more seasons.

On the other hand.
They could simply create a sequel (3rd season) and new fans will be forced anyway to watch the first two seasons.
That's also another way to create and gauge the possible new fan base and will also get back the old fans.

If they didn't think of that, that's a flaw in their part.

@IceCreamScene I don't hate but more of a dislike of butchering some series that could've been a lot better.
I also loved the original, so if they were to make it halfway decent. My dislike would turn into hate.
CrazyButNot4UFeb 18, 9:56 PM
Feb 19, 12:17 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Deane said:
JuniorOliveira said:

On the other hand.
They could simply create a sequel (3rd season) and new fans will be forced anyway to watch the first two seasons.
That's also another way to create and gauge the possible new fan base and will also get back the old fans.

@IceCreamScene I don't hate but more of a dislike of butchering some series that could've been a lot better.
I also loved the original, so if they were to make it halfway decent. My dislike would turn into hate.
@CrazyButNot4U When I said that the remake was necessary for a continuation of the work, it is because it is really necessary because they cut out important things for a continuation in the previous adaptation.
Feb 20, 7:12 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Deane said:
JuniorOliveira said:

On the other hand.

@CrazyButNot4U It's been almost 15 years since the last season of Spice and Wolf aired. Starting from the beginning is a much safer move than just doing a 3rd season and expecting new fans to watch 24 episodes of an anime that is a decade and a half old. Most people simply wouldn't go through the effort.

It's definitely not a flaw in their thinking. Doing a remake is simply the better (and safer) move from a business standpoint.
Feb 22, 1:46 PM
Jan 2021
The new ain’t even out yet, prejudging a little too much guys? lol. Can’t always say OG is better when we truly don’t know yet
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Feb 23, 8:20 AM
Jan 2015
official_brown said:
The new ain’t even out yet, prejudging a little too much guys? lol. Can’t always say OG is better when we truly don’t know yet

I would say we know well enough it will be good since the director is returning. I personally find this very reassuring as this means the tone of the anime will remain intact, simply sporting that more boring, plasticy look of post-2020s anime at worst. But that is only judging the poster, so I will wait to properly assess that part once it airs. I really enjoyed the background detail and character art of the original and want these elements to remain the same.

Unfortunately, the composer will be different. I did not particularly enjoy Spice and Wolf as much as the rest of the world in an overall sense, but I can confidently say the music of the original was an absolute treat to the ears. I quite liked a good amount of pieces and a few could be taken outside the anime and enjoyed just as much.

Other than this, you are entirely correct. The show has not even broadcast, so there is nothing to opinionate with.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
May 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
May 13, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.