Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 17, 8:35 AM

Jun 2021
SAO used to have a 9+ score on MAL and it was the top novel along with Fate/Zero. The ratings went lower as the years progressed.

I lowered my score from a perfect 10/10 to a straight up 1/10 after the sexual assault scenes raised in number. It was too much. I also dropped the novel.

What made you lower your score now that the novel is rated lower than 8?
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Feb 17, 9:11 AM
Nov 2019
I would never ever lower the score to 1/10 if I gave it anything higher before. Really can't understand why people do this. It's irrational and biased by human emotions. If you gave it a 10/10, at least give it 5/10 after seeing a disgusting scene, assuming you give the later a 0/10. Giving a 1/10 rejects the previous good and also you past.
Feb 17, 10:11 AM
Jun 2019
I will never take any 1/10 scores seriously. Especially for smth with the quality of SAO. Imagine everyone gave Berserk a 1, after the "disgusting r*pe scenes". With that being said, it is better that audience that can't handle serious topics like that, stays away.
Feb 18, 5:43 AM

Mar 2021
You'd probably faint if you read Berserk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 5:49 AM
Oct 2019
Nah no scene alone make me lower or higher a score. I go with my own gut feeling as a whole. I don't separate the product in intricate part because it's suppose to be enjoyed as a whole. That kind of takes remind people from my high school who dropped reading lord of the rings because they weren't fans of the chapters about Frodo and only wanted the part with Aragorn.
Feb 18, 5:58 AM

Jan 2024
I guess as it got an official release more people started reading it and thus the score dropped.
Feb 18, 8:38 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to _Zanga
You'd probably faint if you read Berserk
@_Zanga been there, done that. Berserkle is sht but Judeau is best boy. That craptastic rapefest is not worth it.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Feb 18, 10:26 AM

Apr 2012
The hatred of SAO has become so mainstream and "I do it because it's trendy" that I just can't take it seriously anymore.

More topics from this board

» Still feels rushed

Cneq - Nov 14, 2022

7 by Saynarra »»
Jan 19, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Volume 4 Chapter 9 Discussion

Shadow_Strider - Dec 4, 2012

2 by eleonora_43 »»
Oct 14, 2023 4:23 AM

» Continue the LN after the last season

baltazak - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 2 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 62 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Sep 22, 2022

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Sep 22, 2022 9:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.