Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 3, 4:41 PM
Mar 2021
HOLY FUCK THIS IS CRAZY LOWKEY BEST EPISODE OF ANIME IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME
Feb 3, 5:08 PM
Jan 2019
was an amazing and funny episode
Feb 3, 5:10 PM
Dec 2013
Episode of the year contender.
Feb 3, 5:23 PM

Apr 2022
they chibified mash on the big screen thing lmao.
Feb 3, 5:39 PM

Apr 2016
Absolutely based episode, this is peak shonen!
Carpaccio was an awesome and fearsome villain and this was easily the best fight so far in the series, and wall rally attack was something you would only ever see in Mashle LOL
Feb 3, 6:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thought this is gonna be a full fledge serious episode. Turns out its still have the joke with Mash changed his own iron wand into a tennis racket! Tho, where the heck he found his ball tho? And the damn string around the racket. Sonna baka na!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 3, 6:43 PM

Feb 2020
The animation improved greatly from the first to the second season, good episode
Feb 3, 6:47 PM
Oct 2022
dazedcowcow62 said:
Holy shit the tennis sequence!

Yes! Watching that and the audience reaction was just like "Good! I'm glad we are all on the same page here!"
Feb 3, 6:50 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
This show is so great. I’m so happy a sequel was announced so quickly. It’s a shame for people who don’t enjoy it. Mash is awesome 👏 Finn did a great job protecting that crystal until Mash showed up to save the day
Feb 3, 6:52 PM
Oct 2022
amf85 said:
It's a shame Mashe isn't smarter. I mean, he still won, but the obvious winning strategy is to use his increased speed and strength to just take his opponent's wand out of their hand, rather than trying to overcome their magic by fighting it directly. It wouldn't even be like taking candy from a baby...it would be like Superman taking candy from a baby.

I get it, it would be really boring to watch, but it's also the obvious answer.

Since he had the power since the moment he was born, he made it clear that he doesn't activate it and that it's fully automatic, the More reasonable assumption is that it doesn't need to be in he hand to work. In that case, removing it from his hand isn't a strategy for winning at all. Though, I'd argue, Because Mash isn't smarter, he actually should have tried that first and then found out.
Feb 3, 7:05 PM

Nov 2021
Using his wand to form a tennis racket to beat him was genuinely so unpredictable, that fight was wild lmao. Animation went crazy too this season seems like an upgrade
Feb 3, 7:32 PM
Jun 2020
HYPE 🔥🔥🔥
Feb 3, 7:41 PM
Dec 2020
love you finn hehe
Feb 3, 7:44 PM

Mar 2020
Enjoyed this episode so much. HAHA Carpaccio being beaten is satisfying.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Feb 3, 8:36 PM

Nov 2012
I hope Finn remembered Carpaccio's orb.
Feb 3, 10:35 PM

May 2021
I was expecting a small power-up for Finn but this works too.

Feb 3, 10:48 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, honestly it is true that Finn was brought here and that he is weak but I like that despite that and fear he continues to oppose his enemy without giving up so on that side Clap Clap Clap and he has an interesting ability which can be quite useful
WOW Mashle vs the divine nurse in a tennis match hahaha I loved it
PS: They deleted a dialogue with Mashle, it was this: Why break his crystal if I can break his ass
Feb 3, 10:48 PM

Apr 2015
Well this episode alone made me glad I didn't drop this season just yet - including the entire first season, this episode is the best by far. The first Mashle episode where I was engaged the entire time. Although some parts were very predictable, such as Finn being able to last just long enough for Mash to come to the rescue, the overall execution was satisfying. I'm still annoyed at how Finn is able to participate in such an important exam despite how weak he is, but at least he's proven himself to not be a coward when it counts. The tennis scene was so absurd but well-animated and fun to watch.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 3, 11:18 PM
Jun 2013
Reply to silent_lurker
13 master cane wands opening was SO STUPID. the writer for this show is terrible and it couldn't be saved by the animators. learn how to write a story

the entire fight was awful, climax was awful, mashle withstood damage that didnt make sense, and he became a good guy at the end?? also what happened to his crystal?

@silent_lurker When you don't pay attention to the series you have watched for at least a entire season LMAO!
Feb 4, 12:24 AM
Apr 2020
Jhon just need a pencil
Mas just need a badminton bad
Feb 4, 12:28 AM

Jul 2017
Mash's team with Finn only having his Life Crystal intact, both Mash and Dot are in absolute trouble if they don't find him soon. The main person of interest is still Carpaccio Luo-yang, who made his timely entrance at the end of the first selection and is aiming straight for him after he took out a candidate. That remaining crystal holds all 3 candidates' future, and as much as Finn tries to run away from Carpaccio, he just could not run far away from him. With every attack he takes transferred onto his opponent, Mash comes in time to stop the aggression.

Not even Mash's attack causes any damage to Carpaccio, wielding 1 of 13 ancient Master Canes which he was blessed from his birth. With literally no way to afflict damage on Carpaccio, even as hurt words hit Finn hard, he still stands against someone as strong as the former, that's commendable by spirit alone. And with consecutive attacks, Mash hit the capacity limit of the Goddess Statue, releasing its true power, which Carpaccio appreciates him finally giving him some competition. And with his iron ward making a tennis racket, literally playing a tennis rally with it to aim at the crack, Mash finally gave some pain to Carpaccio.

This is the only time where the Power of Friendship is used good for once, there's no mistaking about it.
Feb 4, 12:37 AM
Feb 2020
These last episodes have been so intense. The new characters like Carpaccio and especially Margarette (her speech about life was weird and funny at the same time 😂) are great additions, and this arc is really cool.
Feb 4, 1:54 AM

Feb 2018
Mash fought that statue thing like a boss fight lmao.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Feb 4, 1:57 AM
Sep 2015
I'm late to the party but this is the best episode yet.
Feb 4, 2:06 AM
Apr 2021
“Can you stand against me like Finn did” man was that cold ass line it was so cold it was repeated twice in this episode😭 I’m glad we got to see Finn’s magic I forgot what it was since I read the manga a while back but I knew it had something to do with teleportation so seeing him use Changeas was close to my guess, all bro does is put you back in the spawn point he set which is pretty cool if you ask me

Man seeing the students be surprised asf when mash be doing mash things kills me EVERYTIME🤣🤣🤣
Feb 4, 2:14 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man f*ck this cappuccino guy.... he could've been such a cool character, but he blabs on for too long and does the typical villain toying with his prey. He literally snuck up on Finn and caught him by surprise and could've snatch the crystal right then and there, among having countless other opportunities to do so. But no guy just keeps talking and telling Finn to give it up himself. He doesn't come off as the crazy type that wastes time and has fun with his food, he seems like he would get sh*t over with. Like he says "I WON'T ASK AGAIN", and then proceeds to ask for it again, and again. COME ON. Ok maybe not f*ck the cappuccino guy himself, but definitely f*ck the writing- at least for that stretched out part for him 'asking' Finn for the crystal.

Because with all that said, this is my favourite mashle episode so far; from both seasons. It created an amazing character moment for Finn, and a great moment for Carpaccio as well, in realizing what pain is and also realizing what Finn had gone through to protect a friend. And of course Mash playing squash with a steel racket using some demon nurse as a wall. Smart thinking; if all your attacks are getting reflected back at you, just reflect them back, duh! And man Mash sending that steel racket straight down on Carpaccio's head was freaking satisfying. Only thing that could've make it better would be a "TELL ME, DO YOU BLEED?"

A bit goofy in the beginning with Carpaccio having 1892348912346 chances to take the crystal but not taking any of them, yeah. But again, the rest more than makes up for it and is imho the best mashle episode we've gotten so far.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 4, 2:30 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was truly satisfying in many ways! =)

I have to give respect for Finn. You can see how outmatched he is against the likes of Carpaccio, but he stood his ground to the best of his abilities and it was nice to see him use magic to try and give him more time, which did pay off as Mash arrived to help out.

Carpaccio did prove to be a tough opponent, due to how strong his abilities are thanks to him wielding one of the 13 ancient wands, but despite that, Mash went on the extreme offensive to hit him as much as possible to overwhelm Carpaccio's powers. Even when his wand's powers went into overdrive, Mash unleashed his Roger Federer and went hardcore tennis on the guardian angel before whacking the iron tennis racket on Carpaccio's head, making him feel pain for the very first time.

This was a satisfying battle, also helped out by how well it was animated, too. Hopefully the next episode will show more of Dot and Lance if they get involved in any battles.
Feb 4, 7:05 AM
May 2020
beat bro with a tennis racket
Feb 4, 8:34 AM
Aug 2021
What's up with those who hated this episode? Are they watching the same one as we, the ones who LOVE IT, do?
AMAZING EPISODE!!!!!!!! Loved everything about it :)
Feb 4, 8:38 AM

Jun 2016
omg what a outstanding move !!

tennis smash vs that ancient stick handler is really awesome baTTLE !
Feb 4, 8:55 AM

Jan 2024
That was crazy and so funny, haha. Squash no jutsu.
Feb 4, 9:22 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to amf85
@DarmagOxattee

Indeed I have. I saw this episode where Carpaccio is holding his wand in his hand while fighting. This episode where Finn draws his wand before casting his personal magic. Where Finn is also seen firing magic out of the wand.

You mention Rayne, but you need only go back to the fight between Rayne and Margarette to see both of them drawing and using their wands in their duel, with Margerette firing his musical spells out of his and Rayne waving his wand to both conjure and control his swords.

You mention Abel casting without a wand, but he actually DOES have a wand, it's being held by the puppet he carries throughout the entire fight.

You've yet to explain why, if wands aren't necessary and if not having them makes no difference, the mages bother to carry or use them at all. What, style points?

Even if certain personal magics have built in passives, I specifically spoke about CASTING, not passives, and about holding, not breaking. You keep trying to change the subject to support this claim that losing their wand would, and I quote "have no effect whatsoever," which is fairly ridiculous, given what we've seen.
@amf85,
What are you even talking about??????
DarmagOxatteeFeb 4, 9:27 AM
Feb 4, 9:46 AM

Aug 2015
oh my god, i swear each ep just keeps getting better and better, and the soundtrack for mash? *chefs kiss*
Feb 4, 9:50 AM
Feb 2021
cracked dudes head open... damn
Feb 4, 10:48 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to amf85
@DarmagOxattee

Indeed I have. I saw this episode where Carpaccio is holding his wand in his hand while fighting. This episode where Finn draws his wand before casting his personal magic. Where Finn is also seen firing magic out of the wand.

You mention Rayne, but you need only go back to the fight between Rayne and Margarette to see both of them drawing and using their wands in their duel, with Margerette firing his musical spells out of his and Rayne waving his wand to both conjure and control his swords.

You mention Abel casting without a wand, but he actually DOES have a wand, it's being held by the puppet he carries throughout the entire fight.

You've yet to explain why, if wands aren't necessary and if not having them makes no difference, the mages bother to carry or use them at all. What, style points?

Even if certain personal magics have built in passives, I specifically spoke about CASTING, not passives, and about holding, not breaking. You keep trying to change the subject to support this claim that losing their wand would, and I quote "have no effect whatsoever," which is fairly ridiculous, given what we've seen.
@amf85 Carpaccio only pulled his wand out AFTER Mash stuck his head into a wall. At no point before that was he holding his wand yet he was still transferring cuts/stabs/punches. The prick is nothing but a passive rebound monster, and there was absolutely no reason for him to even have pulled out his wand.
Feb 4, 12:49 PM
Jan 2024
Bro, Mash broke Carpaccio's head!!
Feb 4, 1:30 PM
Senpai

May 2021
I think the anime is way too bloody for a comedy series. But yeah thats just my opinion ^.^
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 4, 1:31 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to DarmagOxattee
@amf85,
What are you even talking about??????
@DarmagOxattee

What part didn't you understand?
Feb 4, 1:43 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to Raistlarn
@amf85 Carpaccio only pulled his wand out AFTER Mash stuck his head into a wall. At no point before that was he holding his wand yet he was still transferring cuts/stabs/punches. The prick is nothing but a passive rebound monster, and there was absolutely no reason for him to even have pulled out his wand.
@Raistlarn

He actually does use his wand before fighting Mashe. He is holding his wand at 4:45 when he summons the statue at the start of the fight with Finn. This matches him holding the wand after Mashe wall-faces him when he resummons the statue for that fight. Best guess based on the sequence of events is that he needs the wand to conjure the statue. Or maybe it just helps. Whatever the reason, he repeatedly draws his wand when he does it.

Guessing a bit, but since his auto-healing seems to always be on, but the redirecting to specific other people is not always on, maybe it's that second part which has to be activated and (maybe?) is connected to the statue doing its dramatic wing-spreading thing and being visible.
amf85Feb 4, 1:56 PM
Feb 4, 2:19 PM
Oct 2016
Reply to amf85
@Raistlarn

He actually does use his wand before fighting Mashe. He is holding his wand at 4:45 when he summons the statue at the start of the fight with Finn. This matches him holding the wand after Mashe wall-faces him when he resummons the statue for that fight. Best guess based on the sequence of events is that he needs the wand to conjure the statue. Or maybe it just helps. Whatever the reason, he repeatedly draws his wand when he does it.

Guessing a bit, but since his auto-healing seems to always be on, but the redirecting to specific other people is not always on, maybe it's that second part which has to be activated and (maybe?) is connected to the statue doing its dramatic wing-spreading thing and being visible.
@amf85 Good catch (I thought that was his knife at first as he was holding his knife in that hand a few seconds later.) Your theory seems to be the most plausible/correct as it looks like he just uses it to designate someone as a target for any damage that was stored in his wand like Isabell and Villagers pocket in Smash Bros.
Feb 4, 2:23 PM
Oct 2021
good fight finally get to see mash use his wand and the crazy way he uses it.
Feb 4, 3:04 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to CorayyAnime
I think the anime is way too bloody for a comedy series. But yeah thats just my opinion ^.^
@CorayyAnime A lot of lighter comedies often use gag blood as well so it's about par for the course.
Feb 4, 3:10 PM
Mar 2015
That master cane user was a real pain
Feb 4, 3:14 PM

Aug 2016
It was a very Mash episode. It's a fun anime. Finn is a good friend. I still want a shining Finn moment where he defeats an enemy alone, but this will do until then. Carpaccio and his stand got rocked by Mash. Mash slamming Carpaccio's face into the wall and cracking Carpaccio's head with the iron racket were satisfying moments.
Feb 4, 3:55 PM
Mar 2023
un kpo el finn,se la sacó
Feb 4, 4:25 PM
Oct 2019
Finally Finn did some magic.

Mash broke his STAND with a Tennis Racket LMAO
Feb 4, 5:11 PM

Jan 2019
I really like Finn as an example of a well written weak character. He's scared and knows everyone around him could easily beat him but he holds out for Mash who clearly values him very highly as a friend.

Feb 4, 6:02 PM

Jul 2016
They forgot to destroy Carpaccio's crystal! D:

Great episode. Finn standing his ground was nice to see and the fight against Carpaccio was really entertaining.
Feb 4, 8:12 PM
Jan 2023
Literally team mystic vs team valor vs team instinct
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30

114 by evoDARIOAMQ »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

79 by KingBaller06 »»
May 18, 8:24 PM

Poll: » This anime is peak comedy

passtur - May 12

24 by LeonardoXD »»
May 17, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2

92 by PirateHasan »»
May 14, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

82 by Hayley2877 »»
May 13, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.