Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 1, 4:13 AM

Nov 2023

Bleach: Project Hogyoku is a fan edit of the original Bleach anime adapting the first 54 volumes of the manga in one episode each. This edit tries to stay as faithful to the canon material of Bleach as possible by removing any filler and references to filler within canon story arcs, while keeping canon anime-exclusive scenes and episodes such as the Forest of Menos and Harribel’s backstory intact. The “memories in the rain” episode, which was originally full of filler has been replaced with the OVA version that is more faithful to the manga. Certain episodes have also been rearranged to both better reflect the order of events in the manga and improve the flow of the story, particularly during episodes that cut back and forth between multiple fights. Audio edits are also made, such as with Nelliel’s adult voice and making some music tracks flow better between scenes. Each episode includes an opening and ending theme taken from the original anime and cuts out any recaps, omakes, title cards, commercial bumpers, and “to be continued” screens. In total, Project Hogyoku includes 11/15 openings and 21/30 endings.

Inspired by the Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War anime, Tite Kubo’s volume poems and title cards are used in Project Hogyoku. The poems and title cards are taken from the official Viz Media English translation of the Bleach manga. Rather than being placed at the end of each episode like with the Thousand-Year Blood War anime, they are usually placed near the beginning of each episode. However, the position of the title card varies with the episode and where I thought would be best to put it.

Its creation is meant for anyone who wishes to start watching Bleach without any unnecessary sequences included in the original. So basically yeah, it's beginners friendly. Removing fillers alone was pointless, because anyone could skip it easily. This project makes the flow of the story more fluid, removes boring recaps and many more.

Possibly in the future a website dedicated to this project will be created.

Release date: January 2024

Project is available with English subtitles only.

Everything you need you'll find on author's Discord server whose invitation is available in thread linked in the URL source below.
Due to illegal reasons the project obviously cannot be provided here.

Source: Bleach: Project Hogyoku

1 of 54 title cards and poems included in the project:

Reminder: It's only up to you which version you prefer and choose. Project Hogyoku is a faithful alternative that can make your experience from watching even better than the original.
dzudoKingFeb 2, 1:43 PM
Feb 1, 6:58 AM
Nov 2022
i prefer the original one..
Feb 1, 7:08 AM
Jan 2021
dzudoKing said:

Bleach: Project Hogyoku is a fan edit of the original Bleach anime adapting the first 54 volumes of the manga in one episode each. This edit tries to stay as faithful to the canon material of Bleach as possible by removing any filler and references to filler within canon story arcs, while keeping canon anime-exclusive scenes and episodes such as the Forest of Menos and Harribel’s backstory intact. The “memories in the rain” episode, which was originally full of filler has been replaced with the OVA version that is more faithful to the manga. Certain episodes have also been rearranged to both better reflect the order of events in the manga and improve the flow of the story, particularly during episodes that cut back and forth between multiple fights. Audio edits are also made, such as with Nelliel’s adult voice and making some music tracks flow better between scenes. Each episode includes an opening and ending theme taken from the original anime and cuts out any recaps, omakes, title cards, commercial bumpers, and “to be continued” screens. In total, Project Hogyoku includes 11/15 openings and 21/30 endings.

Inspired by the Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War anime, Tite Kubo’s volume poems and title cards are used in Project Hogyoku. The poems and title cards are taken from the official Viz Media English translation of the Bleach manga. Rather than being placed at the end of each episode like with the Thousand-Year Blood War anime, they are usually placed near the beginning of each episode. However, the position of the title card varies with the episode and where I thought would be best to put it.

Project is completed and available with English subtitles. Everything you need you'll find on author's Discord server which invitation is available in thread linked in the URL source. Possibly in the future a website dedicated to this project will be created.

Date of release: January 2024

Source: Bleach: Project Hogyoku

dope project! so ur doing something like how someone did for naruto fan cut
Feb 1, 7:14 AM
Apr 2015
naw. I'm good. the filler legitimately makes the show better. I don't want to only see some of the best characters only 3 times at most
Feb 1, 8:21 AM
Dec 2022
i don't want to complete an anime just for the sake of completing or to show of so i don't rush an anime i watch some episodes of an anime per day if it's captives me then i watch some extra episode that usual. and most of the fillers are good .
dam gob yesterday I saw a thread ware a guy was asking about "black clover" filler this day people just wanna speed run every anime, still if you don't have time skipping the fillers would be more than enough
Feb 1, 8:21 AM
Apr 2021
Animorphimagi said:
naw. I'm good. the filler legitimately makes the show better. I don't want to only see some of the best characters only 3 times at most

Bro enjoys bount arc
Feb 1, 8:32 AM

Apr 2016
I never watched Bleach, and came here to find a good reason to watch it, and just saw this thread! It has to be a sign! But is it available to watch yet?
Feb 1, 1:49 PM

Apr 2018
Animorphimagi said:

no they don't lol, only acceptable filler in bleach is the Zanpakuto arc, the rest is just boring/shitty
One Piece is the GOAT
Feb 2, 12:52 AM
Mar 2019
is there gonna be an English dub
Feb 2, 9:44 AM
Oct 2021
Animorphimagi said:

Who let bro cook 🔥🔥🔥
Feb 2, 9:47 AM

Jan 2009
so like team 4 stars dragon ball abridge
Feb 3, 7:19 AM
Mar 2021
this reminds me of something like "dragon ball kai" except better lol from the sound of it at least like as much as I love bleach one of the things that annoys me about it going back is having to have another extra tab open in the background so I could skip all the annoying filler bs all and all I'm down for this but only if I can watch it in dub yeah I said it me grew up with dub me got used to dub me like dub more don't like it too bad bite me!!
Mar 5, 7:25 AM
Aug 2023
I'll give it a try as a quick rewatch before the new TYBW cour starts, what a nice concept
Mar 6, 12:51 PM
Mar 2018
ErenJaeger1517 said:
Animorphimagi said:

Bro enjoys bount arc

LOL he on something fr
Mar 6, 3:21 PM

Nov 2023
Reply to J0NY1P
ErenJaeger1517 said:
Animorphimagi said:

Bro enjoys bount arc

LOL he on something fr
@J0NY1P Well, if he prefers more stories in this universe, it's up to him.

There is one main problem with fillers in Bleach: sequential story.

Bleach has a sequential story, not self-contained arcs. Soul Society leads to Hueco Mundo then straight to Fake Karakura. There is a gap between Fake Karakura and the Fullbringers, but Ichigo didn't have his powers, so the only real gap where you could add some new stories is between the Fullbringers and Thousand Years Blood War. It's really weird to see Aizen pause his rebellion because the Bounts showed up. In this story there isn't really much space to put some new stories. Getting filler arcs in the middle of canon arcs was really frustrating.

But treating fillers as a separate entities is a different thing. Then they can be somewhat enjoyable. Although from all the fillers Bount arc is really extensive and it may bore.
Apr 23, 2:37 PM
Apr 2024
Woah, thanks for posting it. I'll give it a try then. It seems like a quite reasonable choice for someone who doesn't want to struggle with filler guides and other shit.

More topics from this board

» Does Bleach Get Any Better?

DaveMasters123 - Oct 8, 2018

40 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

55 by hejkahej »»
May 4, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 112 Discussion

Scribbly - Aug 1, 2008

30 by roiumihnea »»
May 4, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 319 Discussion ( 1 2 )

walktheplank - Apr 26, 2011

67 by Artromex »»
May 3, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 33 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

46 by owonism »»
May 2, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.