Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 31, 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this escalated quickly. We got a murder case and even security forces being involved.

It's awful that Rogue got involved in this. Not going to lie though, this episode had some stylish music used. Rogue also had some emotional troubles with all this shit going down.
Jan 31, 9:07 AM

Jan 2013
imagine not wanting to live as an oppressed android. rouge was peak cringe in this episode.
Jan 31, 9:50 AM
Jul 2023
Pouting Rouge.

Afdal being Verde was unexpected.

Another one of Giallon schemes revealed and one less Immortal Nine to dealt with. Wonder what the flying circus is about and how it plan fits into the story.

The harmonica rendition of the Rouge’s theme Is ever pleasant to listen to and the animations for Naomi roundhouse kick and Rouge vs Verde are so smooth.
MainnusJan 31, 10:30 AM
Jan 31, 9:51 AM

Mar 2021
Feel bad for Rouge for having to go through all that.
Looking forward to what that flying circus has in store
Jan 31, 9:51 AM

Feb 2021
3:29 お宅 (otaku) - you​ (Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, referring to someone of equal status with whom one is not especially close) (more often this means "your house". Otaku comes from this, as in like "staying home all the time")
Woah, the doctor being one of the Immortal Nine was unexpected.
The episode ended quite abruptly, just like the previous one.
There were a lot of thing happening, I think I'll need some time to wrap my head around everything...
EmbientJan 31, 10:07 AM
Jan 31, 10:07 AM
Oct 2017
oh fuck, i stand corrected. it's not walmart Joker that starts talking about society, it's the plot twist doctor that did. guess your ideals ain't as effective in combat as much as your fart combat strat. should've just kept the element of surprise or something but nah, you gotta have your big speech and all.
Jan 31, 10:16 AM

Dec 2018
not sure how i feel about this episode, some strange cuts and stuff it felt awkwardly directed. what's up with that parade of weirdos?
Jan 31, 10:49 AM

Mar 2010
Not surprising but sucks Afdal has to die. Guess they are back on the road again next episode. Hope Naomi grew up in the past episode lmao so they do not argue for stupid reasons
Jan 31, 10:53 AM

Mar 2021
Gotta love when a character breaks themselves out of prison :D

Not sure what Naomi's deal is tho, what exactly does she want out of this whole thing?? :P
Jan 31, 10:54 AM
Jul 2015
4 eps in and it's still as vague as in the beginning.
Jan 31, 11:01 AM
Aug 2020
It was a good episode

The kid wanted freedom…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 31, 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
this anime is all about racism of robots and humans and if they have free will or not

rouge and naomi are still sexy though

better animated episode this week

and another cliffhanger
Jan 31, 12:23 PM

Jul 2021
I want to like this show more than I do, but it's just.. fine.

I also want to talk more about this show, but there really isn't much to talk about.

The animation is sometimes great, but it's offset by some shabby looking scenes, so it's net "fine". The art style is fine; pretty cool and moody. The characters are fine; they're pretty. The music is fine.

The Verde storyline is fine. The sci-fi aspect is fine; mildly imaginative but not that deep. The "robotics and free will" themes are fine; always an interesting topic but really beating me over the head with it.

A fine show from Bones celebrating 25. I guess I'll keep watching, but no expectations whatsoever now.
Jan 31, 12:55 PM
Mar 2020
So they work for the ministry of truth. Sounds like a solid government body to suspect of being the reason nobody realizes the Nean are human.
Really does not seem like we're watching the good guys.
I'm liking were this plot seems to be going, the action scenes surprisingly are the weakest portion of the show
Jan 31, 1:24 PM
Apr 2023
soundtrack is crazy
Jan 31, 1:27 PM

Nov 2023
I thought Afdal was gonna be some important side character but, not anymore. He's dead.

I don't really have anything else to say except that the episode felt fast, plot-wise, and that the music is still pretty good.

Jan 31, 1:44 PM

Mar 2020
From a technical standpoint, this show does its job, but otherwise, the sheer lack of creativity, doing the most surface level sci-fi story, just isn't cutting it. If this is just a one cour show, this might be a disaster, because it is running out of time to hook me. Things are so vague, and the whole thing with "freedom" and androids struggling to have more agency is just overdone at this point. I keep hoping for it to turn it around and improve, but it needs to do so as soon as possible.
Jan 31, 1:46 PM
May 2021
Ok ep, but yhh v simple plot nothing appealing & we r 4 eps in…
Jan 31, 2:19 PM

May 2020
Reply to perseii
I want to like this show more than I do, but it's just.. fine.

I also want to talk more about this show, but there really isn't much to talk about.

The animation is sometimes great, but it's offset by some shabby looking scenes, so it's net "fine". The art style is fine; pretty cool and moody. The characters are fine; they're pretty. The music is fine.

The Verde storyline is fine. The sci-fi aspect is fine; mildly imaginative but not that deep. The "robotics and free will" themes are fine; always an interesting topic but really beating me over the head with it.

A fine show from Bones celebrating 25. I guess I'll keep watching, but no expectations whatsoever now.
@perseii

That's is exactly how I feel about this show. I feel like I'm watching a lot of nothing, but it's a familiar sort of nothing that takes pieces I liked from past shows and stirs them together.
Jan 31, 2:38 PM

Feb 2019
Damm Afdal being green was a big twist.. one more of the immortal nine down. The more episodes we get the more I feel bad for the neans.

Brutal episode with all the betrayals and deaths. Fights were really well done. Contrary to some, I never felt Naomi was gonna die. There’s no way they’d kill her off especially not this early. She will definitely get a rematch with dollar store Joker at some point. He totally outclassed her though so she’ll have to improve.

Rogue is gonna be scarred for sure after what she went thru today too. But there’s no time to really sit around and heal since the flying circus stuff is about to pop off.

Solid ep
Marinate1016Jan 31, 2:47 PM
Jan 31, 3:40 PM

Jun 2014
This anime sucks.

I gave it a chance, but there's absolutely nothing likeable about it at all, so I'm dropping it now.

Jan 31, 3:53 PM

Sep 2018
This show has really weird scene transitioning.
Jan 31, 4:00 PM

Nov 2020
I feel like this anime is not well written but I still like it, I don't know why but I just want to watch it
Jan 31, 5:18 PM

May 2019
Yeah this anime has been decent but I'm not fully understanding everything that is going on. I do know that the doctor, which was a surprise, is the target that both Rogue and Naomi were after. Also, it appears that the kid that stabbed Rouge with an injection of something was double crossed by the doctor.

This episode ended with the circus people about to do something, possibly more than just entertaining.
Jan 31, 8:05 PM

Jul 2017
Rouge being accused of killing Juval in Wellstown, the CFN is in danger of being captured by the police, but what matters most is capturing Phantom Verde with Naomi's help, though her captors are uncertain of her motive being in the settlement. But in the process, the CFN are acting the same as humans, and Rouge is their only hope of getting out alive, along with Rion. Once again, Ash is here to find the suspect in red, and Naomi joins him in search of Rouge.

The truth however, Rouge accuses Rion that he killed Juval instead of Dumas, and with the apparition of a drug, Rouge is sent to a tailspin, while Naomi faces against Jaron. Dr. Afdal then is the informant that Rion taught that he could be the saviour of Neans, being Phantom Verge: the suspect in red, who's a real workforce to be reckoned with. Chasing for freedom, isn't as easy as it sounds.

What's the deal then, with the flying circus and its inhabitants?
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Jul 2008
I think this flying circus is even more bad news...
Jan 31, 8:49 PM

Aug 2015
The writing was on the wall back in episode 2 and I was right. It's hard to care about any of the characters in this show because the show gives you no reason to care about them.
Jan 31, 10:08 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril is having doubts about her motivation
Feb 1, 12:02 AM

Sep 2013
What is going on in this anime?
Feb 1, 12:43 AM
Aug 2018
Holy fuck this show is a disappointment for being the supposed celebration of the studio's 25th anniversary .
Feb 1, 3:10 AM
Retar
Nov 2021
this was unwatchable.
Feb 1, 5:05 AM

May 2012
Whoever edits the cuts is the most incompetent person I've ever seen. A scene with a soundtrack happens, it cuts out of nowhere to another different scene, immediately interrupting the soundtrack that was playing for something else. Horrible work and it was uncomfortable to see the scene where this happens (0:50). It has happened a few times in this anime already.
Feb 1, 5:35 AM

Jun 2019
I wish the OST on this series was a lot better and it went a lot more in-depth with basically everything it's talking about and doing so far, but oh well.
Feb 1, 6:42 AM
Oct 2019
Woahhh Plot Twist!!
Didn't saw that coming at all.
davidyodo24Feb 1, 6:48 AM
Feb 1, 10:01 AM

Mar 2019
This show stinks. Feels like they got the worst team/studio at Bones working on this. Worst script writers, soundtrack composer, etc.

Dull plot. Uninteresting characters. One of the worst soundtracks I can ever recall. Feels like a chore to watch this. I'm tapping out after 4 episodes.
Feb 1, 10:37 AM
Jul 2021
I quite like the aesthetic and scenery but the story and characters aren't doing anything for me. I think I will drop it here.
Feb 1, 11:15 AM

Oct 2020
THE MOMENT HAS ARRIVED FOR FIGHTING, THERE IS NO ESCAPE OR HIDING!

Yes, this week Rouge did her henshin act and fought again! Hopefully we’ll get another battle next week. Rouge seems a lot more conflicted about what she’s doing than it originally seemed. Naomi was a lot better this week after being pretty unpleasant to Rouge last week.
Feb 1, 11:36 AM

Jan 2011
Naomi's English VA is goated. That is all.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 1, 11:36 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
Damm Afdal being green was a big twist.. one more of the immortal nine down. The more episodes we get the more I feel bad for the neans.

Brutal episode with all the betrayals and deaths. Fights were really well done. Contrary to some, I never felt Naomi was gonna die. There’s no way they’d kill her off especially not this early. She will definitely get a rematch with dollar store Joker at some point. He totally outclassed her though so she’ll have to improve.

Rogue is gonna be scarred for sure after what she went thru today too. But there’s no time to really sit around and heal since the flying circus stuff is about to pop off.

Solid ep
@Marinate1016 You know I Was worried I wouldn't be sold on the angle they were going with the Neans but they are making it work.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 1, 11:45 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Yeah what is going on? But who cares, rogue is on a rampage haha.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 1, 11:58 AM
Dec 2021
I'm going to need to re-watch this episode because I won't lie, idk wtf is going on in this show. I like the style and the characters but I couldn't even guess the plot or the world as of yet.
Feb 1, 1:57 PM

Jul 2016
Doctor Afdal could have ended Rouge at any moment using the surprise factor but decided that announcing himself as antagonist and give a lame speech was more important 👍
Feb 1, 2:30 PM
Dec 2021
found it more engaging on a second watch. Some of the character beats seem idk....random.
Feb 1, 2:52 PM

Sep 2016
I'm still enjoying this, but wth is going on with these awkward transitions and cuts? Why does the music keep cutting midway through? wtf!?
Feb 1, 3:53 PM

Sep 2017
I agree. The cuts in this series have been very jarring. Whoever is in charge of that does not know wtf they are at. That aside I hope the show actually manages to pay off all the stuff it's been setting up. We saw 2 other Alters that Rouge has apparently killed before the series even started in her weird drug tripping scene. We still really have no idea what the motivations of any of the characters are.
Feb 1, 4:13 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Interesting episode to say the least. Things definitely escalated quickly and didn’t expect the doctor to be verde. Wonder what the circus has in store for us
Feb 1, 8:07 PM

Sep 2021
Rouge in desperate need for some actual character development here. So far the show does a lot, yet doesn't get anywhere.
Feb 1, 9:24 PM
Apr 2021
A sad ending, Verde gave us something to think about. He know who she was and even laughed off that she was looking for him in the last episode. Unfortunately it seems he was ordered to try and take her out but failed.

I can't help but think that maybe Rouge is some kind of next gen Immortal Nean, like the next step above the immortal nine, since none of them have been able to even stand a chance against her.

Something I keep loving about this series is the pacing, you get a bit of everythin in this episode. Fight is short, but somewhat realistic since Rouge is really an assasin.
Feb 1, 9:30 PM

Aug 2012
Vague, the Anime.

I want to like this show but its 4 episodes in and there is yet to be a narrative hook, I've never had a show take THIS long.... Its just flat as flat can be. I'll finish watching it, but this really turned out to be a nothingburger of a show.

Its crazy because I've seen 4 episodes and I couldn't have a conversation over a minute long with someone else about it. Its just that scant and empty.
Looks nice though and the music is good... So whatever
Feb 2, 1:04 AM

Oct 2016
I'm not going to lie, I am so confused by what is going on right now. There are so many names that I don’t recognize and I still don’t understand the significance behind the deaths of these Immortal 9. I assume we will learn overtime, but it feels weird to be in this confusing state. At least it’s not boring. (7.5/10)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

109 by MKSTEEL »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

36 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 20, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10

235 by ICEE_BR »»
May 18, 8:38 PM

» Is bones Studio still a big studio ?

Badrkate - Apr 28

22 by Lambofgenesis »»
May 18, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6

54 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 3, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.