Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 22, 10:33 PM
Jun 2019
It's pretty self-explanatory from the title. Season 2 was terrible. Season 3 was pretty mid.

I'm not sure if I want to continue watching this, so I need some LN readers who know what's coming to tell us if season 4 is going to be worth it.
Jan 22, 10:56 PM
Dec 2022
If you found season 3 mid, you can drop it. Cause I believe you're gonna find every season from here henceforth mid (from your own POV perhaps). What's the point in you looking forward to season 4 when you didn't enjoy season 3?
Jan 22, 11:30 PM

Jul 2021
CheliosX said:
If you found season 3 mid, you can drop it. Cause I believe you're gonna find every season from here henceforth mid (from your own POV perhaps). What's the point in you looking forward to season 4 when you didn't enjoy season 3?

The point is to see the development and conclusion of the original story we were here for before they disappointed us by going wild with subplots and mediocre narrative, hoping that they make it right going forward. They're asking whether the source material lends itself for that or not.

An appropriate answer would be "yes, the ln gets more interesting and better fleshed out" or "no, they keep adding more side characters and it keeps getting shallower and more boring".
Jan 22, 11:36 PM
Dec 2022
IhnalakoKaina said:
CheliosX said:

The point is to see the development and conclusion of the original story we were here for before they disappointed us by going wild with subplots and mediocre narrative, hoping that they make it right going forward. They're asking whether the source material lends itself for that or not.

An appropriate answer would be "yes, the ln gets more interesting and better fleshed out" or "no, they keep adding more side characters and it keeps getting shallower and more boring".

I'm not reading the LN so I have no idea but I do believe they'll get back to the main story as from next season since the next great beast will be getting revived.
Jan 23, 2:17 AM
Jun 2023
CheliosX said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

I'm not reading the LN so I have no idea but I do believe they'll get back to the main story as from next season since the next great beast will be getting revived.

The main plot was beating the waves. But we have some royal problems to solve and phoenix to beat before that. So I don't know how they are going to fit it in the next season, 12 episodes is obviously not enough. And don't forget all these characters subplots we have.
Jan 23, 2:20 AM
Dec 2022
donslockz said:
CheliosX said:

The main plot was beating the waves. But we have some royal problems to solve and phoenix to beat before that. So I don't know how they are going to fit it in the next season, 12 episodes is obviously not enough. And don't forget all these characters subplots we have.

Yea, I agree. They keep deviating from the main plot which is beating the waves and all that. Last season barely focused on that so I'm hoping season 4 will dive back into that.
Jan 23, 6:05 AM

Aug 2019
TheRockerX said:
It's pretty self-explanatory from the title. Season 2 was terrible. Season 3 was pretty mid.

I'm not sure if I want to continue watching this, so I need some LN readers who know what's coming to tell us if season 4 is going to be worth it.

The same things are going to happen in S4 as in S3 because they're both part of the same big arc.
The Phoenix fight and a major death should be he highlight in S4, but I'm skeptical because I didn't like any of the fights in S3.
The problem is the studio, they're very bad at adapting the source material...
Jan 23, 10:24 PM

Oct 2013
If you're asking ln readers, no, starting s2 its been an unbelievable trainwreck. If you're an anime only watcher? Probably not too, even as a standalone last season was pretty horrid, and that's despite having pretty decent stuff to adapt (minus the dragon arc) and a more decent budget, but next season's stuff? Its some more of the worst arcs, more Japan themed stuff for Kuttenro (which they had a try at in s2 and was horrid so i don't have any hopes, although it has some important plot points coming, finally, 4 seasons in and they're FINALLY introducing the bad guys (LOL about damn time, they frankly should have rewritten half of it to work better than the end nonsense we got)! then again, they ruined the hint drops in s2 and 3 so badly that the lore dump is gonna seem stupid at best) and Shieltvelt has some of the worst and most lackluster plot yet, that is also of no significance to anything whatsoever, even less than the dragon arc... So no, i don't think its worth the wait or even worth watching, s3 made me lose confidence in that they're physically capable of anything aside disappointment with this title anymore, regardless of budget and effort
mkzxwingJan 23, 10:27 PM
Jan 24, 12:26 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to IhnalakoKaina
CheliosX said:

@IhnalakoKaina to be fair the "original story" was concluded back in season 1.
The unlikable MC with trust issues who nobody liked got his "revenge" on the bitch and is now threated with respect by the queen, has his own land and title and a group of friends. Its essentially a different story now. I mean its generic isekai now. Not like the wave stuff actually matters, they fight, they win, random characters might die but the "core plot" is over since season 1
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 28, 1:28 AM
Jan 2009
i was really surprised to see this even had a season 4 coming lmao

Like, what is the story even "about" at this point? judging from the above post, the revenge fantasy ended, and now the rest of the story is just... meaningless stupid bullshit?

imagine watching LN trash lol. these people can't write, or else they would have written a manga.
Jan 28, 1:40 AM
Nov 2020
To be completely honest the best course of action would be to just let this series die. The author only had 1 good idea that was adapted into season 1, the only things that happen afterward are just random BS which starts a new arc, introduces mid-characters that no one cares about, character dies giving some power boost to an existing character and this whole cycle keeps on repeating itself
Mar 31, 1:40 PM

Feb 2008
Of course the first season were the best but all of sudden in second and third season they rush everything but it wasn't that bad I enjoy it.
Well the anime is ahead of the manga.

I only find the writting kind of stupid that all heroes fall for Malty traps is not even funny. Come on the author could came up with a better idea to unlocked all those chaos series based on 7 sins.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 28, 12:07 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Blackbird
Of course the first season were the best but all of sudden in second and third season they rush everything but it wasn't that bad I enjoy it.
Well the anime is ahead of the manga.

I only find the writting kind of stupid that all heroes fall for Malty traps is not even funny. Come on the author could came up with a better idea to unlocked all those chaos series based on 7 sins.
Blackbird said:

The first volume of them all is the best volume in the series for me, and S1 has the best bunch of volumes together, so I always felt it was going to be a big highlight, but I expected S2 to also reach interesting PEAKS, if it was properly animated, which was not.

It is a shame because they used the budget and talent that should have been saved for S2, on season 3.
Give S2 24 episodes and that staff, and things would have been much different.

Since plotwise, S3 was bound to be the weakest of them all, if S3 staff remains, then S4 will certainly be better than S2-S3 easily.

More topics from this board

» Excited but not surprised

Dbagas8 - Jan 22

45 by s_disaster »»
Today, 6:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.