Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 18, 7:40 AM
Jan 2023
Is there a significant difference between the movie and the anime, other than the studios? Or is there an actual order to the two?
Jan 18, 7:57 AM
Apr 2023
There's a huge difference, if you want a simple answer just don't get close to this "movie" and go straight to Unlimited Blade Works Season 1 by Ufotable
Jan 18, 7:57 AM

Jan 2017
TheOmniPantheon said:
Is there a significant difference between the movie and the anime, other than the studios? Or is there an actual order to the two?

They both adapt the very same Route (story/timeline). However, you can imagine that cramming a story of around 20h into a 1h45 Movie was not a very good idea... In the end, the Movie can be considered as a recap, with cuts and time-skips everywhere. If you wanna watch it, do so after the TV Series of Ufotable. Unironically, the final fights are more faithful in the rushed Movie than in the TV Series of Ufotable, tho.

Oh, and if you are not aware, the Unlimited Blade Works story should be watched after the one of the Anime from 2006.
If you need more infos, you can look at this page : https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=827694
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jan 18, 7:59 AM
Jan 2023
Alexioos95 said:
TheOmniPantheon said:

They both adapt the very same Route (story/timeline). However, you can imagine that cramming a story of around 20h into a 1h45 Movie was not a very good idea... In the end, the Movie can be considered as a recap, with cuts and time-skips everywhere. If you wanna watch it, do so after the TV Series of Ufotable. Unironically, the final fights are more faithful in the rushed Movie than in the TV Series of Ufotable, tho.

Oh, and if you are not aware, the Unlimited Blade Works story should be watched after the one of the Anime from 2006.
If you need more infos, you can look at this page : https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=827694

Ok, I will do just that.
Jan 18, 8:16 AM
Jan 2024
Alexioos95 said:
TheOmniPantheon said:

Definitely agree on the final fights being more faithful as well as frankly the music being more enjoyable.
Jan 18, 12:23 PM
Apr 2020
the movie is dogwater compared to the series, the pacing is a lot worse. you're better of ignoring this one
Jan 21, 9:48 AM
Apr 2023
Alexioos95 said:
TheOmniPantheon said:

You don’t need to watch the 2006 tv series either, I didn’t on my first watch. It’s just a weird amalgamation of all the routes from the vn.
Jan 21, 10:05 AM

Jan 2017
Natedog22 said:
You don’t need to watch the 2006 tv series either, I didn’t on my first watch.

If you don't, you are skipping the only way to see the development of Saber in the adaptations. (It was only summarized in a 30 seconds scene toward the end of UBW) You indeed do not "need" to watch it to enjoy the rest, but then what would you "need", exactly ? You can creates holes everywhere in the story and characters, and still enjoy the battles, for example.

Natedog22 said:
It’s just a weird amalgamation of all the routes from the vn.

The core is still the Fate Route. In reality, there is only very few infos and references to UBW and HF.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - Jan 23, 2010

541 by nanajp »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:17 PM

» Should I watch this before the TV series?

Potchy - Sep 7, 2016

6 by user16726985 »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:28 PM

» Do i need to watch it?

Zeroth_JK - Sep 23, 2021

5 by tadaimaa »»
Jul 26, 2022 5:22 PM

» how the f does...(spoilers)

kaena - Dec 3, 2011

17 by theangelsweep »»
Mar 11, 2019 12:36 AM

» UBW Rin's route, but not Rin's story (spoilers)

Haneken2086 - May 22, 2018

0 by Haneken2086 »»
May 22, 2018 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.