Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 16, 5:26 PM
Oct 2010
If you're someone who's planning to start this series I recommend that you watch it chronologically for the best experience.

1. Season 2: episode 1-5
2. Movie
3. Season 1
4. Season 2: episode 6-23

When it comes to JJK, chronological order is better that release order :) things will make more sense
Jan 16, 5:50 PM
Jan 2023
Sure, I watched it in release order so I can’t really say brotha, it all makes sense though if you actually enjoy it.
Jan 16, 6:02 PM
Jan 2024
CheekyNimrod said:
Sure, I watched it in release order so I can’t really say brotha, it all makes sense though if you actually enjoy it.

I so agree I watched it in release order and I personally found it easy to grasp even without skipping around. I suggest if you enjoy it and are still confused then watch it chronologically. I'm very new to anime but I still found JJK so appealing despite following it exactly how it's "supposed to."
Jan 16, 6:05 PM
Jan 2021
I'd say Movie - Season 1 - Season 2 is best so you can understand the creative process Gege had and continuity changes he made after the movie, but if you liked it that way then nice.

Although tbh I'd probably show it to people in release order since it doesn't set up false expectations and because it's the way most people experienced it. I also think Hidden Inventory is better when you already know where the characters are
Jan 16, 6:39 PM
Mar 2021
VampireLine said:
If you're someone who's planning to start this series I recommend that you watch it chronologically for the best experience.

2. Movie
3. Season 1

When it comes to JJK, chronological order is better that release order :) things will make more sense

i think it is better to watch as release date because -

1. zero has a lot of cameos of characters of s1 in climax so if you don't watch s1 you will miss those hype moments

2. understanding hidden inventory require to understand the power system of jjk first for this you have to watch s1

sure you can interchange movie or hidden inventory but either way you first have to watch s1
Jan 16, 6:40 PM

Dec 2021
Movie > S01 > S02

Keep it simple.
Jan 16, 6:44 PM

Dec 2021
Man, please don't bring this bs to jjk. Y'all already fucekd up steins;gate
Jan 16, 7:13 PM
Apr 2013
I watched it:
S1
S2 ep 1-5
movie
rest of S2
I enjoyed it that way, but I think going by the release dates it good too 🤷‍♀️
Jan 16, 7:17 PM
Oct 2019
Rishon007 said:

Fate trauma here..
Jan 16, 8:30 PM
Feb 2022
People even gets confused of JJK's story order 😂
Jan 16, 8:56 PM
Feb 2021
Don’t think so watching chronologically is the best way, you wouldn’t care for any character which you’ve been introduced in season 1
Jan 16, 9:03 PM
Oct 2019
Nah I watch release order. Chronological order are just good for rewatch. Stuff in the past it's hidden for a reason in a story. If the author really wanted your orders the chapters would match your order but it's not the case it's not like with Kizu back then.
Jan 16, 10:07 PM
Sep 2023
maybe s2 later but I agree watching like this is much easier and better
Jan 16, 11:53 PM
Apr 2020
Watch it in release order. The characters abd the whole system get introduced in Season 1 so u wouldnt understand the movie quite as much + in the second season if u started from ep 1-6 u wouldnt even understand how important the conflict of the characters gojo and geto is.
Jan 16, 11:55 PM

Jan 2017
VampireLine said:
things will make more sense

Of course it makes more sense, you are literally deleting every mystery and suspense.
Really, if you can't handle such stories, just stay away, far away from it.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jan 17, 12:01 AM

Jun 2023
JaysonNnN said:
Rishon007 said:

Fate trauma here..

Hahaha surely it wasn't that bad...

"To the boy who once sought freedom, goodbye." 🕊️
Jan 17, 1:05 AM
Sep 2023
RikkiRini said:
I watched it:
S1
S2 ep 1-5
movie
rest of S2
I enjoyed it that way, but I think going by the release dates it good too 🤷‍♀️

I was told to watch it in that order and I’m thankful I followed the advice. Because i think season 1 is a great introduction to the jujutsu world and we meet the characters, which makes the beginning of S2 and the movie more impactful imo :)
Jan 17, 2:12 AM
Nov 2019
just consume it in release order ffs
Jan 17, 3:01 AM
Mar 2022
I personally think that’s a great rewatch order. But for first time watching, especially those who weren’t binging, the release order was just fine. But however Season 1, Season 2 Episodes 1-5, Movie 0, Rest of season 2 is also an acceptable watch order. But every first time watcher has to start with season 1.
EP1C_G4YM3RJan 17, 3:25 AM
Jan 17, 3:19 AM
Mar 2022
Rishon007 said:

Jujutsu Kaisen is better watched in release order, the picture gets clearer and clearer as you go backwards to see past events unfold, even though you’re watching things that take place beforehand, you’re still left in suspense. I personally watched season 1 a while ago before 0 can out, then I took advantage of the break in airing to rewatch 0 and season 1 chronologically off of the first 5 episodes of season 2. Things came full circle that way, so I guess the best watch order is Season 1, Movie 0, Season 2 Episodes 1-5, Movie 0, Season 1, rest of season 2, but I wouldn’t recommend that for somebody starting the show now. The timing was just right to rewatch for people watching it as it was airing, first time watchers should definitely watch release order, and save chronological for a rewatch.

Steins Gate on the other hand is definitely better chronologically, I personally watched it release order and thought 0 was way too predictable, I’d rather have one predictable episode than a whole predictable season.
Jan 17, 4:47 AM
Feb 2022
VampireLine said:

2. Movie
3. Season 1

Honestly that does just complicate things imo. As a manga reader myself for this series, I would say this is a fun way to experience the series after you’ve already seen it. The thing is the hidden inventory arc is supposed to be a flashback arc more than a timeline order. It’s better to know what’s going on before hand instead of jumping right into it. I do think if anything that people can watch the movie first, then watch season 1 and then 2. Otherwise watching it in release order is just best.
Jan 17, 4:49 AM

Jan 2021
After watching fate and garden of sinners, I dont think any order would be difficult for me.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 17, 11:48 AM
Mar 2022
the only thing that would change the order would be if u want the other person to see gojo s eyes later
Jan 17, 11:56 AM
Oct 2023
I did Season 1, Hidden Inventory, Movie, and then the rest of Season 2
Jan 17, 12:26 PM
Jan 2024
Finally got around to watching JJK, and my friend suggested I watch it in chronological order. I really enjoyed it, the only thing was seeing the movie first made me love Yuta more than Yuji all of season 1 until he finally got character development in Shibuya. Over all though for a new fan it’s a good way to start.
Jan 17, 1:01 PM
Sep 2023
I watched jjk in release order and I enjoyed it also I was not confused.
Jan 17, 1:28 PM
Jan 2022
I think movie, s1 then s2 is better
Jan 17, 8:27 PM
Dec 2022
VampireLine said:

2. Movie
3. Season 1

That’s how I make my lil bro watch it
Jan 17, 8:28 PM
Dec 2022
JaysonNnN said:
Rishon007 said:

Fate trauma here..

Bro actually I still haven’t been able to enjoy fate ither the horny fans or the nerd fans bro
Jan 18, 3:20 AM
Dec 2015
I think not watching the series is the best idea
Jan 18, 4:44 PM
Feb 2017
MrPanda_ said:
I watched jjk in release order and I enjoyed it also I was not confused.

Same here. I watched it in release order and followed it just fine.
Jan 19, 1:29 AM
Dec 2022
Rishon007 said:

I'm glad I didn't listen to anyone.
I once heard someone saying steins;gate is good. I watched the thing that said steins;gate. only the first 24 episodes. no confusion. then I moved on not caring about the extras.
Jan 19, 9:45 PM
Jun 2021
VampireLine said:

2. Movie
3. Season 1

only problem is that you won't know anything about cursed energy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

646 by OutPieNova »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

303 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 4:24 AM

» Jjk fans just CANNOT help themselves from spoiling everything ( 1 2 )

LillyTheHoover - Jan 4

72 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2020

277 by lorenz07 »»
May 28, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

228 by Agathusian »»
May 27, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.