Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 16, 5:13 PM
Mar 2021
[Maybe Spoilers]While I enjoyed it years ago, I recently just rewatched it and still found it pretty enjoyable. I found myself thinking that the whole Linda/ Banri relationship carried most of the show.
While Koko definitely gets her moments at the end of the anime, I found very large portions of Koko and Banri's relationship very boring, bland, and unimportant through large chunks of the show.
Banri and Linda both trying to explore of thier pasts while still holding back things from one another I found way more impactful, less boring, more emotional, and for the most part seem to drive the actual story forward. Idk, maybe it just made Banri less bland like he is through chunks of the show.
Still worth watching.
Jan 16, 5:43 PM

Apr 2021
BigPapaTLN said:
[Maybe Spoilers]While I enjoyed it years ago, I recently just rewatched it and still found it pretty enjoyable. I found myself thinking that the whole Linda/ Banri relationship carried most of the show.
While Koko definitely gets her moments at the end of the anime, I found very large portions of Koko and Banri's relationship very boring, bland, and unimportant through large chunks of the show.
Banri and Linda both trying to explore of thier pasts while still holding back things from one another I found way more impactful, less boring, more emotional, and for the most part seem to drive the actual story forward. Idk, maybe it just made Banri less bland like he is through chunks of the show.
Still worth watching.

I’m just trying to figure out Linda is?

Not listed in the cast names
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 16, 5:52 PM
Mar 2021
ejleon said:
BigPapaTLN said:
Still worth watching.

Nana Hayashida, they gave her the nickname Linda. I'm assuming because there's another character that shares the same name.
Jan 16, 6:19 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to BPTLN
ejleon said:
BigPapaTLN said:
Still worth watching.

Nana Hayashida, they gave her the nickname Linda. I'm assuming because there's another character that shares the same name.
@BPTLN

Hm… oh wow, I didn’t remember that. I watched a couple of months ago, so I’ll try to be brief.

I think Banri & Linda relationship is the more serious and has depth because of their long history.

But with his new life, his relationship with Kouko was what he needed at the time, he was trying to leave his past behind and move forward.

It’s this later relationship, and his love for Kouko, that finally snapped him back to remembering.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 16, 7:32 PM

Aug 2020
Thats because this show sucks with romance.
Keep scrolling
Jan 17, 3:40 AM
Jul 2023
RobertsahDHDA said:

agreed. big time.
Jan 17, 6:08 AM
Sep 2023
Wait... was their "relationship" something major, or did I miss something? Well, I kinda watched it through already knowing that he won't go back to Linda. So, not for me)
Jan 17, 8:35 AM

Mar 2015
Yep, I believe that to be true. Banri and Linda relationship keeps the show interesting, personally I hate Kouko as a character so if Linda didn't exist I wouldn't have finished this show
Jan 17, 10:27 AM
Apr 2023
Personally This was my 1st genuine romance anime that I enjoyed, it has moments of Joy 😊, Happiness 😃, sadness ☹️, friendship 🫂, a little bit of betrayal.
There were movement when I was shipping Banri and Linda and there were other moments where I shipped Banri And Kouko, but I will always ship for Banri and Kouko.
Everyone he know before and after the accident have a major or minor part in his life, so in my opinion they all carry Banri's story and Life.
Jan 17, 1:27 PM
Jan 2022
I liked the friendship between Banri and Mitsuo more
Jan 17, 4:14 PM

Apr 2021
TrickyHunter0506 said:
Personally This was my 1st genuine romance anime that I enjoyed, it has moments of Joy 😊, Happiness 😃, sadness ☹️, friendship 🫂, a little bit of betrayal.
There were movement when I was shipping Banri and Linda and there were other moments where I shipped Banri And Kouko, but I will always ship for Banri and Kouko.
Everyone he know before and after the accident have a major or minor part in his life, so in my opinion they all carry Banri's story and Life.

Try 3 Konojo … I think these are similar but also both good

Jan 17, 4:16 PM

Apr 2021
RobertsahDHDA said:

Well … the show isn’t about “romance” alone, the main story has more involved than that, each things plays a part.

Jan 17, 7:25 PM
Aug 2021
Koko is cancer. Such a wholy and utterly dislikable character. Put off finishing this for ages because I could tell how it was going to end.
Jan 18, 4:38 AM
Mar 2021
Nah, Linda did stupid shit imo... i dont like Kouko but shes still the better one. At least for Banri.
Jan 18, 5:19 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to ejleon
TrickyHunter0506 said:

Try 3 Konojo … I think these are similar but also both good
@ejleon 3d Kanojo right I have seen it this is from a different studio, I have watched others anime aswell from J.C.Staff such as Toradora, maid sama, The pet girl, Shimoneta, Prison School, Konosuba, Househusband,date a Live,Witch craft works, Do you love your mom, etc. woah 😮 I can go on an on 😅😅.
BUT THANK YOU for the suggestions I am open to suggestions.

I think I have to update my MAL by rewatching them again😅😅
Jan 18, 7:47 AM
Aug 2023
ejleon said:
@BPTLN

Hm… oh wow, I didn’t remember that. I watched a couple of months ago, so I’ll try to be brief.

I think Banri & Linda relationship is the more serious and has depth because of their long history.

But with his new life, his relationship with Kouko was what he needed at the time, he was trying to leave his past behind and move forward.

It’s this later relationship, and his love for Kouko, that finally snapped him back to remembering.

I feel the same man, linda was good but I think she never saw Banri as a love interest.

If you talk about the last scene where she says her answer is “Yes”, I think that was Banris imagination to console himself! How the hell she Banri's ghost huh?

I also think that the ghost Banri was just an Imagination of Banri's mind as well
Jan 18, 7:51 AM
Jul 2022
I understand why you find the interactions between Linda and Banri to be enjoyable and impactful to the story.

Banri having his memory totally wiped out prior to commencing university naturally inclines him to be intrigued about his previous self where the only way to gain this info was to contact family or friends. Linda practically being his crush and best friend during secondary school would have been able to provide vital details regarding his older self but despite this decides to limit the information provided and slowly transfers details throughout the show. Some information was concealed such as the relationship between her and Banri and how she felt towards Banri alongside how Banri felt towards her.

Majority of the information discovered about Banri and his past are depicted within dreams or sudden partial memory recovery of short scenes.
Within one of those recovered scenes, Linda was revealed to be embarrassed to refer to Banri as a friend where she refused to like him and further exclaims how she doesn't 'see him as a man' where she is only with him to 'take care' of him. Due to this scene, Banri feels totally dejected, heartbroken and deceived where some time passes of solitude until they reunite as friends. This scene especially made me have a dislike to Linda as she condescends Banri and feels ashamed to admit they are friends as she values the perspective of her female classmate above being friends with Banri. In contrast, Kouko is very confident and open to sharing her love in public where she portrays her love through physical contact, affirmations and publicly expresses her love to him.

I can comprehend why others may detest Kouko due to her intense clingyness, insecurities where she frequently needs Banri to affirm his love to her or her being emotionally unstable where she has profound feelings for certain emotions temporarily. These are flaws viewed by others however I love these characteristics of Kouko as she is distinct to the typical pretty gyaru or pretty girl seen in anime and even in real life. There is another flaw of Kouko which I see as a positive that comes to mind which is her sometimes being controlling. This is portrayed in my favourite scene where Banri was intending on applying for a part time job to fund a beach trip over the summer for both of them to enjoy however Kouko did not approve as they would have less time together. Not wanting to disappoint Kouko, Banri secretly agreed to work at the night club where he did get caught by Kouko in the most awkward of situations possible. When I first watched, I was anticipating a break up as Banri was totally in the wrong however Kouko was the one weeping and apologising where she was very understanding even though Banri had broken her trust and she had discovered a photo of him and Linda. Typically a dispute would occur where a potential break up may occur however Kouko completely forgave Banri and did not lash out at him at all which was insanely surprising to see. These are the prominent reasons for having a fondness for Kouko and of course she does have flaws that I do dislike but overall I adore 💘 Kouko.

I do agree that the interactions with Linda were enjoyable to watch especially due to her indirectly being the cause of the accident so it was fascinating to get her perspective on how she felt about the accident and she was dealing with her emotions. I do like how Linda acknowledges that she is indirectly accountable for the accident where it is clearly evident that she has an immense feeling of guilt and sorrow portrayed when she sometimes avoids Banri and feels uncomfortable when having a conversation with Banri. Every time she sees Banri, she must be reminiscing on their secondary school days where she only has memories of those and she isn't able to speak about the past due to Banri not being aware of it due to her indirect cause of the tragedy. She must also really miss the old Banri where obviously Banri has taken substantial negative impact from the tragedy but in the long term, Linda will have this constant guilt that has scarred her mind having a permanent mental burden that she has to cope with so I really do feel sorry for her.

A little sidenote about Banri to finish the essay: Banri is not bland or boring at all. You may have forgotten but he remarkablely escaped being friend zoned, saved every one from a cult, attained a girl above his leage through effort , stoically went through a break up (kind off) and many other notable actions. I actually prefer when the MC is bland and average as it replicates the vast majority of people in the real world allowing us to able to relate to them more.

Anyway, thank you for reading my response on my perspective on Linda and Kouko. I really do admire both characters and appreciate how enjoyable the anime was due to them.
Jan 18, 11:09 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Alid_only_anime
ejleon said:
@BPTLN

I feel the same man, linda was good but I think she never saw Banri as a love interest.

If you talk about the last scene where she says her answer is “Yes”, I think that was Banris imagination to console himself! How the hell she Banri's ghost huh?

I also think that the ghost Banri was just an Imagination of Banri's mind as well
@Alid_only_anime

Yeah things kinda get a little confusing at the end.

I think Linda also saw him as a friend.

I would agree it is his imagination.

Jan 18, 7:23 PM
Apr 2022
Linda’s whole character is meant to emphasize how immaturity and insecurity is a natural part of becoming an adult. It was Linda’s immaturity that ruined her relationship with Banri. It was Banri’s insecurity that ruined his relationship with Kouko. The failed relationship between Linda and Banri is meant to teach Banri to not be afraid and be honest with his emotions as well as confident in his decisions. I wouldn’t say one relationship is more interesting or important than the other because without them the story because a one dimensional romance which has been done a million times.
Jan 20, 3:45 PM
Dec 2023
i like linda.
i love kouko.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.