Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 21, 2010 7:27 AM

Jan 2009
I feel sort of guilty since I would be probably ignoring certain things a more knowledgeable person would spot right away.

Then again, we did that to Nagato, but I would assume Ghurdrich would be able to make up for my lack of impartiality that time.

If it's alright with Zettai, we could have Yin's score settled now. To be honest, when I found out there was going to be a 2nd season I had mixed feelings, to me it seemed like just another way to inject moe into the franchise, they have done that before, and then I heard something about loli and well ... I gave up on my expectations.
Jun 21, 2010 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
No problem over here. Go right ahead.
Jun 21, 2010 11:11 AM

Sep 2008
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Nope, haven't seen Ghost Hound. Sorry.

I seen Ghost Hound, I don't think I could help rating her because I didn't really pay much attention to her character but I remember ok I think. I don't think she had that much screen time actually, it was mostly those 3 male leads.

I'm also planning to rewatch Kanon (2006) for Mai. So I don't want to do her just yet. As for now, I'm going to add more characters to the list there.
Jun 21, 2010 11:57 AM

Jan 2009
Alright, so it's Yin's turn now.

So Ghurdrich, ready when you are.
Jun 22, 2010 6:46 AM

Jun 2010
Alright. I had to rewatch a bit of the show to refresh my memory, but I've been busy with packing and stuff, so please be patient with me -_-' Gomen gomen.
I'll have it by the end of the day, though.
Jun 27, 2010 2:36 PM

Sep 2008
I finished watching Kanon again. I now have a very solid memory of the anime now lol. I'll work on Mai a bit later though.
Jun 27, 2010 2:46 PM

Nov 2008
Good! Looking forward to it.
Jul 21, 2010 3:10 PM

Nov 2008
MondaiNashi said:
Ok, I'm taking some time to expand the rest of the criteria since everyone is eager to start rating (myself included)

This is going to take a SERIOUS amount of space on the following posts so please cope up with my text wall.

Melancholy:
score format (from 0 to 4)

Temperamental response modifier, often referenced in psychology as one of the 4 basic aspects pertaining the origin of personality, it makes up for the darkest kind of emotions and feelings having a representative "black" connotation, which is also the origin of the word itself.

Why do we need this? Well, I believe it's relevant to our interests in the sense the archetype behavior follows melancholic patterns to a certain extent, Fumika from Shigofumi and Enma Ai, are specific examples of characters who hold very dark and mysanthropic conceptions of life and humanity, which causes them to act in a cold indifferent way towards everything, the correlation between expressed behavior and melancholic personality are the criteria we should be looking into.

-Preference for solitude-
From (from 0=actively seeking for company to 4=absolute loner)
We should take notice if the character usually has people around her and befriends others, etc.

-Distrust for people-
Refuses other people assistance/help, doesn't likes to rely on subordinates to accomplish goals, doesn't likes to talk about herself.
From (from 0=pretty much gullible to 4=absolute distrust)

-Soliloquy Contemplation-
Characters often found talking to themselves or holding imaginary conversations while reflecting on (mostly depressing) subjects. (Rei at the End of Evangelion)
I guess this one should be either 4 or 0 (..?)

-Emotionally traumating experience-
This one should be measured according to the extent in which said traumatic experience affects her -degree of expressiveness- and her relationship to other people.
I guess comparing her previous self to her current self using -degree of expressiveness- would be a good way to set the score on this one.

All in all, after getting the mean score it should be something between 1 and 4, and I think it's good enough because melancholy is more of a reference marker for general stereotypes than anything else, while it makes up for a small bit of the kuudere charm points, it's nothing major.

Assertiveness:
score format (Additional score for accomplishing either)

The quality of being assertive, standing your ground without becoming influenced by external disturbances, or in this case, being completely unaffected by what's happening around you and being blunt about everything.

Tsukkomi remarks (+1) Being able to point out blatantly dumb things no one notices on the spot.
Honest remarks (+1) Being able to say anything that's on her mind regardless of time and place.
Eloquent remarks (+1) Showing high prowess on handling words and speeches.
Noncompliance (+1) Character is completely calm even when prompted to act.
Direct Approach (+1) Immune to doubt and danger.

They will get a plus for each one. I can't really think of anything else, but there might be something.

I will post my layout for the rest soon.

Apon this layout I could probably give a bit more of a rating for Zakuro. Just give me a bit more time to review.
Zakuro Fujiwara's ABSOLUTE #1 FAN (DIBS X INFINITY X THE EARTH X THE UNIVERSE X THE GALAXY X SOLAR SYSTEM X HELL X SATAN X ANTICHRIST X HEAVEN X JESUS X GOD X CHUCK NORRIS, I WIN, SO BLEH!:-p)!!!
Jul 21, 2010 5:54 PM

Jan 2009
I don't think we will have what we need for Zakuro.

Seeing as to this date Kanade's rating is still on queue, moreover with Yin and Mai still pending for closure, it seems we are somewhat stuck.

And actually, I substracted the -emotionally traumating experience- from the definitive test format, I think it's too vague to correlate directly, but the melancholic variant is up for consideration for characters that express introverted behavior outside the conventional silent moe, so you should be able to rate propoerly on the 5 scale.

One more thing, I just remembered, I forgot to include childhood friend on the character type selection, but thinking of it, maybe we should have both imouto and childhood friend as the same, Zettai himself agreed to give both 4/7, I just believe there should be a standard definition for both, same as there isn't a difference between an executive corporate and a class rep, since they both share "Authority".
Jul 21, 2010 11:11 PM

Nov 2008
"Known since childhood"? That could cover both sisters and childhood friends. Older sisters too, but they could have their own specific type to make clear the distintction.
Aug 27, 2010 6:03 PM

Nov 2008
Now I'm just suggesting that we may also want to make a list on which character(s) are being rated and by whom. This would save more time from everybody looking to rate their character; not to mention, it would probably also help that we list the girls in a specific order (specifically alphabetical).
Zakuro Fujiwara's ABSOLUTE #1 FAN (DIBS X INFINITY X THE EARTH X THE UNIVERSE X THE GALAXY X SOLAR SYSTEM X HELL X SATAN X ANTICHRIST X HEAVEN X JESUS X GOD X CHUCK NORRIS, I WIN, SO BLEH!:-p)!!!
Aug 28, 2010 3:48 PM

Jan 2009
There's already one actually.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=231449&show=0

This has been all discussed and set already, read the previous posts.
Jun 18, 2011 5:25 AM
Nov 2010
Its interesting how closely the definition of the Nagato group fits with certain personalities like Aspergers Syndrome and Dissocial Personality Disorder. So this would be much like the Yandere pretty much fits the Borderline diagnosis.
Jun 18, 2011 10:54 AM

Sep 2008
faintsmile1992 said:
Its interesting how closely the definition of the Nagato group fits with certain personalities like Aspergers Syndrome and Dissocial Personality Disorder. So this would be much like the Yandere pretty much fits the Borderline diagnosis.

Interesting thing to point out. xD Still, kuudere and yandere are 2 different things in terms of anime though. xD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Kuudere, dandere, introverted and logical female love stories romance

kiwi0fruit - Sep 4, 2020

12 by kiwi0fruit »»
Apr 17, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Are robot waifus acceptable in this club?

Lennuh - Sep 12, 2023

3 by DrMondaiNashi »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:21 AM

» Kuudere is (Not) a Personality

DrMondaiNashi - Nov 29, 2022

0 by DrMondaiNashi »»
Nov 29, 2022 8:41 AM

» The Neglected Group: Dandere

DrMondaiNashi - Jan 13, 2018

12 by DrMondaiNashi »»
May 31, 2022 6:02 PM

» Who are your favorite kuudere or dandere character(s)? ( 1 2 3 4 )

EtherSword - Mar 22, 2009

164 by Spicelit »»
May 15, 2021 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.