Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 11, 4:07 PM
Jul 2021
I heard it's going to be adapted into 2 movies, But will that really enough to adapt the whole story in a satisfying way?, What do you guys think?
Jan 11, 4:14 PM
Jun 2021
Tishues said:
I heard it's going to be adapted into 2 movies, But will that really enough to adapt the whole story in a satisfying way?, What do you guys think?

If they just want to adapt that main plot it would be fine, but the best part about the manga it the sol parts and how the characters interact with one another so if they want to adapt the whole thing in 2 movies (3-5 hours worth of content) then they would have to cut alot of that out.
Jan 11, 8:02 PM
Sep 2021
I doubt it's going to cover the whole manga.

seeing since some studios form around making a specific anime, such as what Studio Bind is to Mushoku Tensei, I have no doubt there is nothing but passion and care put into this adaptation.

the PV also promises a lot
Jan 12, 6:57 AM
Mar 2023
fuck no bruh but ig they don't wanna take risks
Jan 13, 10:18 AM
Nov 2019
Definitely not. The pacing is gonna be awful and rushed because there’s not way they’re gonna adapt 12 volumes into two movies without leaving or skipping some stuff out.
Mar 1, 11:54 AM
Sep 2016
If both films are 4-5 hours long that’s roughly the equivalent a 14 episode season of an anime when you remove the intro and outro. Considering that the manga is relatively short, and that there’s tons of slice of life elements that aren’t totally necessary (and some stuff that wouldn’t translate from manga to anime anyway), I would say yeah, it’s probably enough to cover the story and the lives of the characters in a meaningful and artistic way that will satisfy us fans.

It’s obviously not going to be a page-to-page adaptation, but I honestly think that 4 hours is actually pretty realistic to maintain t the integrity of the story.

Also, considering that no one thought this would EVER get adapted, I’m just happy it’s looking like it’s going to be an amazing adaptation artistically.
Mar 18, 1:49 PM
May 2020
Reply to Ketamigo
If both films are 4-5 hours long that’s roughly the equivalent a 14 episode season of an anime when you remove the intro and outro. Considering that the manga is relatively short, and that there’s tons of slice of life elements that aren’t totally necessary (and some stuff that wouldn’t translate from manga to anime anyway), I would say yeah, it’s probably enough to cover the story and the lives of the characters in a meaningful and artistic way that will satisfy us fans.

It’s obviously not going to be a page-to-page adaptation, but I honestly think that 4 hours is actually pretty realistic to maintain t the integrity of the story.

Also, considering that no one thought this would EVER get adapted, I’m just happy it’s looking like it’s going to be an amazing adaptation artistically.
@Ketamigo gets me excited to see if other inio asano work will be adapted
Mar 18, 7:43 PM
Jan 2021
First part already translated 5 volumes, I can confirm it will enough.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction Episode 1 Discussion

tenmeis - Mar 22

23 by MegamiRem »»
May 11, 7:30 AM

» Music Released Today

DreamerNeverDies - Mar 19

5 by DreamerNeverDies »»
Mar 19, 10:07 AM

» Animation sneak peek

nicoxas - Mar 18

0 by nicoxas »»
Mar 18, 7:57 PM

» Studio and asano illustration

shivamrajput958 - Mar 22, 2022

8 by Zimzky »»
Mar 16, 9:49 AM

» Anyone?

misterinfoman - Apr 21, 2022

4 by SephirothCereal »»
Mar 12, 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.