Forum Settings
Forums

'Yamato yo, Towa ni: Rebel 3199' Announces Production Staff, 7-Part Movie Format

New
Jan 2, 9:58 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the new Uchuu Senkan Yamato (Space Battleship Yamato) anime series announced the production staff, teaser visual (pictured), and a teaser trailer for the Yamato yo Towa ni: Rebel 3199 (Be Forever Yamato: Rebel 3199) sequel anime on Tuesday. The anime will premiere in seven parts, with the first part—Kuro no Shinryaku (The Dark Invasion)—opening in theaters on July 19.

Staff
Original Creator: Yoshinobu Nishizaki (Uchuu Senkan Yamato)
Executive Producer, Script Supervisor: Shouji Nishizaki (Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi)
Chief Director, Series Composition: Harutoshi Fukui (Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2205: Aratanaru Tabidachi series composition)
Director: Naomichi Yamato (Macross Δ Movie 2: Zettai Live!!! assistant director) NEW
Script: Harutoshi Fukui, Hideki Oka (Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2205: Aratanaru Tabidachi)
Character Design: Nobuteru Yuuki (Under Ninja)
Mechanical Design: Junichirou Tamamori (Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution 3: Eureka), Yasushi Ishizu (Terra e… (TV)), Mika Akitaka (Kidou Senshi Gundam: The Origin)
CG Producer: Hiroyuki Gotou (Sakugan CG director) NEW
CG Director: Shousuke Uechi (Fullmetal Panic! Invisible Victory)
Music: Akira Miyagawa (Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199), Shuu Kanematsu (Hametsu no Oukoku) NEW/Hiroshi Miyagawa (Uchuu Senkan Yamato)
Sound Director: Tomohiro Yoshida (Strike Witches)
Studio: studio MOTHER NEW
Production Cooperation: Satelight NEW
Distribution: Shochiku

Note: New staff involved with the anime series are denoted with the legend NEW.

Yamato yo Towa ni: Rebel 3199 reinterprets the 1980 Yamato yo Towa ni (Be Forever Yamato) movie and will be reorganized into a 26-episode series.

The latest entry in the reboot, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2205: Aratanaru Tabidachi, premiered in two movies in theaters in October 2021 and February 2022.

Teaser Trailer

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeJan 2, 10:07 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 3, 1:05 AM
Jan 2016
I heard the remakes have been good is that true?
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jan 3, 2:20 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to yamiyugi101
@yamiyugi101 I only watched the original, but as far as I know, the remake received pretty high marks from viewers and critics. Especially after the successful live action adaptation.
Jan 3, 3:16 AM
Jan 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@yamiyugi101 I only watched the original, but as far as I know, the remake received pretty high marks from viewers and critics. Especially after the successful live action adaptation.
@RobertBobert That's what I heard as well
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jan 3, 7:00 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to yamiyugi101
@yamiyugi101 The first season is good (and can be watched without the rest. It has a complete ending) The second I didn't like at all. The pacifist message was very annoying and too much. The main character constantly refused to use his spaceships best weapon even though it would be self defense. Also the villian was very weak. 2205 I haven't seen
Jan 3, 10:47 AM

Oct 2010
The CG looks surprisingly bad in the preview, I don't remember it being that bad in 2199.
Jan 3, 11:05 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to MeowMixMax
The CG looks surprisingly bad in the preview, I don't remember it being that bad in 2199.
@MeowMixMax The CG did take a big drop in 2205. I'm honestly praying that 3199 at least has better CG, visuals and animation than what 2205 had.
Jan 8, 11:55 PM

May 2015
Reply to Stamic
@yamiyugi101 The first season is good (and can be watched without the rest. It has a complete ending) The second I didn't like at all. The pacifist message was very annoying and too much. The main character constantly refused to use his spaceships best weapon even though it would be self defense. Also the villian was very weak. 2205 I haven't seen
@Stamic Not sure what you're complaining about when the exact same thing happens in 2199.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - May 21

15 by Rhae »»
2 hours ago

» TOHO Strengthens Animation Division with Acquisition of Science SARU

Vindstot - Today

11 by Rhae »»
2 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

46 by LilBootyCall »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

19 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» 'Shinmai Ossan Boukensha, Saikyou Party ni Shinu hodo Kitaerarete Muteki ni Naru.' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.