Forum Settings
Forums
New
What is it more similar to?
Jan 1, 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
Just to set my expectations right to avoid any crushing disappointments later. Kara no Kyoukai felt more adult-oriented than Fate, would you say this is the same, or is it more similar to Fate in that it’s targeted towards a fairly younger audience?
Jan 1, 4:21 AM
Aug 2021
El001 said:
Just to set my expectations right to avoid any crushing disappointments later. Kara no Kyoukai felt more adult-oriented than Fate, would you say this is the same, or is it more similar to Fate in that it’s targeted towards a fairly younger audience?

personally I cannot say where it would lie, but I would prefer if it's like Kara no kyoukai as it is mostly related to it
Jan 1, 5:55 AM
Mar 2021
It is more like The Garden of Sinners - the main character (Aoko Aozaki) is the little sister of Touko Aozaki (mentor of Shiki Ryougi). But it revolves more around the mage organisations this time
Jan 1, 6:49 AM

Feb 2020
It's pretty different from Fate and Kara no Kyoukai, so who knows what you'll think.

Personally it's my favorite work from Nasu, but I also don't think Fate is aimed for a younger audience than any of the others and I'd like for you to expand on this. If you think that, it might be because of the adaptation, I only read it so I wouldn't know.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Jan 1, 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Spheromancer
It's pretty different from Fate and Kara no Kyoukai, so who knows what you'll think.

Personally it's my favorite work from Nasu, but I also don't think Fate is aimed for a younger audience than any of the others and I'd like for you to expand on this. If you think that, it might be because of the adaptation, I only read it so I wouldn't know.
@Spheromancer I don’t really have much of a point here, but Fate feels like it was written for a younger audience with Shirou being the self insert character you usually see in power fantasies.
Jan 1, 7:13 AM

Feb 2020
El001 said:
@Spheromancer I don’t really have much of a point here, but Fate feels like it was written for a younger audience with Shirou being the self insert character you usually see in power fantasies.

Damn, did the anime really miss the mark that bad? Shirou is a pretty complex character with mental issues that would make me concerned if someone fully related with him. Welp, the characters are the core of Mahoyo, so I hope they get them right.
Rest in Piece, Miura.

Jan 1, 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
mayraycle said:
As for the main question in the post, I don't exactly follow. Stay Night definitely has much more explicit content than Kara no Kyoukai, and they both cover very similar topics in great depth at times. Mahoyo has the least explicit content out of any of the Nasuverse Visual Novels. That isn't to say it's childish or aimed for a younger demographic though, not at all. It has a lot of emphasis on the world of Magi and Slice of Life content, so your best comparison would probably be something akin to... idk, Fate route? There's not a whole lot like it in the Nasuverse

I was referring to the characters’ emotional maturity, not levels of explicit content.
Jan 1, 9:58 AM
Sep 2023
I have only finished chapter
of Mahoyo (wich I think is going to be the first movie), watched all Kara no kyoukai (anime) and all Fate animes (let's focus on stay night and also I have not played the VNs), I think it's recognizable that those are from the same author (by the storytelling, not just the same magic functionality). Fate is more progressive as the story goes on (yes it depends on the order to watch but still
), and Kara no Kyoukai is more stable on it's narrative (
). Now, Mahoyo's storytelling is as detailed as KnK but not as
as it, it feels more shounen in that aspect (like Fate), but still have some scenes for mature audiences (I'll try to make the next spoiler as soft as I can so it doesn't affect a first experience:
). As I can see, that is what you are refering to, feel free to correct me in any case, for now my answer is: Mahoyo could be on a middle spectrum between Fate UBW and Kara no kyoukai with a bit inclination to Fate speaking of matureness oriented.

Feel free to ask anything else or sharing disagree respectfully
Jan 1, 12:13 PM

Aug 2020
Ngl I thought this was a tsukihime spin off or something related to it
Jan 1, 1:40 PM

Feb 2020
Dixoncider8142 said:
Ngl I thought this was a tsukihime spin off or something related to it

This takes place in the same universe as the Tsukihime remake, but it's very much its own story.
Rest in Piece, Miura.

Jan 6, 6:37 PM

Dec 2017
KnK was boring. Shiki wasn't likeable at all.
Jan 7, 5:24 AM
Jun 2019
If we judge something being adult-oriented as an average level of characters' emotional maturity, here goes:
Fate (Stay Night) anime(s) - 6/10
FSN visual novel - 7/10
Fate/Zero - 8/10
Kara no Kyoukai - 9/10
Tsukihime + remake VN 5-6/10
Mahoyo VN - 8/10
Jan 11, 6:19 AM

May 2022
Reply to Thorwyn
If we judge something being adult-oriented as an average level of characters' emotional maturity, here goes:
Fate (Stay Night) anime(s) - 6/10
FSN visual novel - 7/10
Fate/Zero - 8/10
Kara no Kyoukai - 9/10
Tsukihime + remake VN 5-6/10
Mahoyo VN - 8/10
@Thorwyn this is fairly accurate

More topics from this board

Poll: » Still Hyped!

trinitroglycerin - Mar 19

25 by trinitroglycerin »»
Apr 26, 2:58 AM

» VOICE ACTOR!

StevieRara - Feb 3

6 by Zero01guard »»
Feb 15, 12:37 AM

» WHERE IS IT ( 1 2 )

IcyAvalanche - Nov 26, 2023

56 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jan 28, 5:24 AM

» (Finally) new trailer ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Dec 31, 2023

86 by Blueckot »»
Jan 11, 9:19 PM

Poll: » How many movies to adapt Mahoyo?

Xarvon - Jan 6, 2022

22 by Syrian187 »»
Jan 4, 6:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.