Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jan 19, 5:13 PM

Mar 2021
I was recommended this one, and Im not disappoint, this is so wholesome !

So cute and cozy, it may be quick between both of them, but maybe thats what we call love at first sight, Idk, and the way he's very physical with her and people, part of his personnality?

I really appreciated this, like of course A silent voice, because its important to make people learn more about this handicap, bring the light to them, its not easy, Im part of it, know people in this situation, so its really nice to see it represented, finally having people who understand you, instead of thinking you're a weirdo, or "inferior" to them, there's so much things to say

And I got tears when she drops her umbrella and jumps, so cute to see her happy ^w^
Jan 20, 2:13 AM
Aug 2016
oh my god i cried by episode ONE this is a feat. might be the best anime of the season though i keep saying this about half the anime ive seen its just this one is really truly special
Jan 21, 10:29 AM
Dec 2023
I like the opening and appreciate the characters. This show feels very timid and soft, which makes me feel a bit warm. I like romances where the characters take a while to confess, but I feel like that this will be a romance where they confess early on. If so, then I hope it's good, because my experience with the 2nd option is not good. Looking forward to watching A Sign of Affection!
Jan 21, 3:16 PM

Jun 2023
It's not safe for my heart ㅠㅠ
Jan 21, 4:15 PM
Nov 2023
this is going to be the best romance anime this year already
Jan 21, 7:51 PM

Jan 2019
Was the male lead getting fillers in his lips in Canada? Was this the true reason for his visits outside Japan? Is the male lead "special"?

More importantly, will the protagonist stop acting like an imbecile after episode 1 and not be just a shoe-in for a kid the writer wants to fuck?

Can't wait for these questions to be never answered in this new generic romance anime, where a hot deaf girl (THAT'S new, amiright?) somehow avoided getting a date.
Jan 21, 9:12 PM
Nov 2023
This is way too sweet!
Jan 22, 12:25 PM
Oct 2023
The first episode gives a good insight into the mind of Yuki and how she lives her day-to-day life while being deaf, while also introducing the main love interest. Overwall It is an excellent first episode to a show of this kind. Can't wait to see more from this show and where it will go in the future!
Jan 22, 1:48 PM
Dec 2020
i had butterflies throughout this whole episode, it's so cute, even that exaggerated expression was adorable
Jan 22, 6:02 PM
Oct 2021
The colors are very pleasing. I like how they first ran into each other. I can't wait to see the perspective of a deaf older MC. They've already physically touched, so that's good.
Jan 22, 10:01 PM
Dec 2023
Let’s say this is my first impression on “A Sign of Affection”
( First Episode )

SUPER cuteeeee , visually gorgeous , mood and tone is so nice. I’d describe this anime as “Pink”
It gives out such a positive , clam and feel-good vibes

Hooked me at the very first 10 seconds , precisely at the close-up shot of our main protagonist , because the girl is super cute และ the visual here is hands-down fantastic !

Ps. The anime is well-made ; the vibes , visual , colors , music.. it’s such a wholesome experience💕 I’m impressed and like it enough that I decided to patiently wait for each episode to come out and watch instead of just go buy manga and binge read the whole thing like I normally do.😋
Jan 28, 3:48 PM
Jun 2023
That's the cutest couple of the season
Jan 29, 10:27 AM

Jan 2011
Dropped in literally 10 seconds.
HORRIBLE shoujo art style.
Jan 29, 8:34 PM

Mar 2023
sweet start (⌒‿⌒)
Feb 4, 3:59 PM
May 2016
The ending is absolutely beautiful
Feb 7, 1:27 AM
Jun 2016
This episode was so calm, quiet and warm. I felt a lot emotions and within the first 10 minutes i was crying. This anime is so beautiful, its rate is well-deserved. I don't know I was looking for something like this until i watched it.
Feb 7, 11:40 AM
Aug 2013
Super cute! The adaptation is done well, so far :)
Feb 7, 6:04 PM
Dec 2019
This is a cute anime good first episode
Feb 15, 6:48 AM
Mar 2019
Amazing had to take BREATHERS every MINUTE!!!
Feb 17, 8:55 PM
Apr 2020
I've been meaning to start this anime as someone who learned ASL for 4 years and a sucker for romance animes. So far I think it's adorable! Can't confirm if any of the signing is accurate because I'm thinking the sign might be JSL. Already rooting for these two.
Feb 18, 4:01 PM
Jul 2021
the animation, dialogue, and the male lead are SO IMMACULATE
Feb 18, 8:17 PM
May 2022
The anime is so good, but i don't like it.
Feb 19, 2:57 AM
Mar 2012
Yuki monologues so poetic & philosophical.
Itsuomi cool caring bro, and Rin's fun.
college student with curfew!? wth is this?
Bright calm OP & ED. seems a multi ship show.
Feb 19, 6:53 AM

Apr 2014
I have to get used to those lips, especially to that guy who looks like a doll.
Its sweet, and I'm a sucker for sweet things.
Feb 24, 8:03 AM

Oct 2019
Aaaahh.. first love - or first crush! 💖 The best feeling!
Very sweet first episode, with a few A Silent Voice vibes.
I hope they do not completely break each other's heart later on, though we all know they will.

My not-so-minor complaint was Yuki's (no wonder she likes snow with such a name!) interaction with her mother. There is no way in hell the mother of 19-year old deaf girl did not ever bother to learn sign language.

And yet we're supposed to believe that her mother talks to her only orally (rather fast and from a distance too) and Yuki needs to use a... tablet(?!) to communicate with her?!
Come on, really? 🤦🏽

Did the creators not know how to handle their interaction and wanted to avoid having her mother talk to her both orally and with sign language? Having her use sign language only and adding subs would have resolved that; I'm sure their shared scenes will be very short. Instead they made her mother seem completely callous and had Yuki magically understand everything she said while she has trouble understanding everyone else...
SharpedonFeb 24, 8:13 AM
Feb 27, 7:09 PM
Aug 2019
It starts off... kinda boring.
The characters seem very shallow and uninteresting.
The joy Yuki showed at the end of the first episode didn't resonate with me in any way.
I can't put my finger on it just yet but it simply feels off.

Fair enough if you like it but honestly as far as I can tell about watching one episode Koe no Katachi is just plain better, it feels real or at least plausible.
Feb 28, 4:06 PM

Jul 2022
Okay so that was fast development? Did not expect that lol but think this show has the potential to be liked by me
Mar 9, 5:55 AM
Jan 2024
I think it is an original story, which is truly moving. It promises a lot in its first chapter.
Mar 10, 7:26 AM
Jun 2022
cuteeee so so so so cuteeeee
Mar 16, 10:21 AM
Apr 2023
I find it funny that the first impression I have of this anime is a most wholesome anime love story EVER (because it's the first comment I saw when I found the announcement for this), when in fact it's just another naive girl falling in love with a random handsome guy. LMAO

Rating the episode 10/10 juts because FMC is super duper cute, I think this is just woman wet dream anime and the first comment I read was probably from a woman as well.
Mar 29, 2:00 PM
Jun 2020
So... at first, the animation made me feel a little weird because it's TOO pretty. I'm not used to this, haha.

I liked this episode. I'm sure I'm going to love the rest of the anime because it seems to be sooooo cute and adorable.
Mar 30, 8:32 PM
May 2022
NOT ME ALREADY CRYING
Apr 3, 7:07 AM
Jun 2022
Dude Comes Off As A Rude Boar . Will Be Done Quickly Since Not A Fan Of Majority Of Romance.
Apr 11, 3:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ohhh, this is actually sweet, good idea to make a adult romcom like that with a deaf girl, I actually like her so far, the boy looks good as well even though it's the kind of world traveller handsome boy (these ones are often red flags IRL lmao)
Apr 24, 11:32 PM
Sep 2020
Okay I read the first chapter of the manga a bit ago, but I don't remember Itsuomi being that straight forward lol.

If it wasn't for it being such a heart warming environment, I would think it was a bit too much ^^;. Overall, love the vibes and setting of the series so far! Bit slow, but I guess that's the charm of it lol. Cute start tho! ₊˚⊹⋆ ໒꒰ྀི´ ˘ ` ꒱ྀིა . ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖
Apr 27, 9:03 PM
Jul 2020
The animation matches the manga's gentle and unique art style. One we don't see much of in shoujo these days. I'm glad that anime is slowly stepping away from the moe art-style. It's a very nice detail, adding more to their lips. Not only is it better to look at, you can see the mouth movements more clearly, I think. Just not when animating a comedic scene.
Apr 29, 3:41 AM
Aug 2019
loving it already
Apr 29, 6:14 PM
Oct 2017
Pure eye candy, this anime is gorgeous and has the best of coloring in the last years. Yeah it is a very basic premise with the childhood friend and the crush and all that but again the anime is really pretty and a deaf protagonist is a nice refreshing touch for the formula since to me that means the couple will have to learn how to communicate with each other more considering there aren't deaf male leads. Very cute, will continue.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

194 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:22 PM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.