English is my second language
Jan 1, 6:47 PM

Jan 2020
Where the heck is Soujuurou
Jan 2, 3:30 AM

May 2022
Reply to Animillion
Where the heck is Soujuurou
@Animillion you did not pay attention We saw him for .1 second. Running away in the mirror house
Jan 2, 3:00 PM
Jul 2022
Jyrkin said:
SO gas!!!! Would've wished for more Soujyuro though :(

I have a question. Is this movie related to Fate in any way? Can I watch it even if I haven't watched the Fate series?
Jan 2, 4:51 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Levi1108
Jyrkin said:
SO gas!!!! Would've wished for more Soujyuro though :(

I have a question. Is this movie related to Fate in any way? Can I watch it even if I haven't watched the Fate series?
@Levi1108 it happens on the same universe, so the magic/magecraft system is the same, I would even recommend watch Mahoyo before Fate because Mahoyo is the story that states the basics for magic, and Fate, Kara no kyoukai and tsukihime expand that base. There is a character that appear on Fate like 3 seconds and also appear on Mahoyo as antagonist, but probably the movie will not include it (since the trailer show only events for the first chapters). It's not necessary to watch fate, but I think is good to watch kara no kyoukai (11 "movies" from 30 min - 2 h long) so you know how the author writtes the scenes (and because is also a good story that you can finish in less than 2 weeks watching one per day, and you can also watch it without watching fate aaand it's a bit more related to Mahoyo than fate). Let me know if I didn't answer correctly or if there's another question.
Jan 2, 11:20 PM
Jul 2022
Blueckot said:
@Levi1108 it happens on the same universe, so the magic/magecraft system is the same, I would even recommend watch Mahoyo before Fate because Mahoyo is the story that states the basics for magic, and Fate, Kara no kyoukai and tsukihime expand that base. There is a character that appear on Fate like 3 seconds and also appear on Mahoyo as antagonist, but probably the movie will not include it (since the trailer show only events for the first chapters). It's not necessary to watch fate, but I think is good to watch kara no kyoukai (11 "movies" from 30 min - 2 h long) so you know how the author writtes the scenes (and because is also a good story that you can finish in less than 2 weeks watching one per day, and you can also watch it without watching fate aaand it's a bit more related to Mahoyo than fate). Let me know if I didn't answer correctly or if there's another question.

Oh, thanks. So ig I can't really watch it if I haven't watched the others. That sucks, because this trailer looks amazing and it really got me excited. But ig I'll watch all of these series some day, as soon as I can. Thanks again.
Jan 3, 4:08 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Levi1108
Blueckot said:

Oh, thanks. So ig I can't really watch it if I haven't watched the others. That sucks, because this trailer looks amazing and it really got me excited. But ig I'll watch all of these series some day, as soon as I can. Thanks again.
@Levi1108 Maybe I wasn't clear enough, you can watch Mahoyo without watching anything else, I just recommend to watch Kara no kyoukai to understand how the author works, it's not necessary
Jan 3, 4:34 AM
Jul 2022
Reply to Blueckot
@Levi1108 Maybe I wasn't clear enough, you can watch Mahoyo without watching anything else, I just recommend to watch Kara no kyoukai to understand how the author works, it's not necessary
@Blueckot Ah, thanks. I thought I had to watch Kara no Kyoukai. I'll still try to watch it before this movie comes out. But it has 11 movies right? That's sounds too much, but I'll try.
Jan 3, 4:47 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Levi1108
@Blueckot Ah, thanks. I thought I had to watch Kara no Kyoukai. I'll still try to watch it before this movie comes out. But it has 11 movies right? That's sounds too much, but I'll try.
@Levi1108 yeah, but some of them are 30 min long, and every movie tells a single story too good, and overall tells a big high quality story, so don't worry (it's dark) if you don't like the first 3 you can drop it
Jan 3, 6:08 AM
Jul 2022
Blueckot said:
@Levi1108 yeah, but some of them are 30 min long, and every movie tells a single story too good, and overall tells a big high quality story, so don't worry (it's dark) if you don't like the first 3 you can drop it

Thanks, really. I'll give all of them a try as soon as I can.
Jan 3, 6:09 AM
Jul 2022
Blueckot said:

Jan 3, 6:09 AM
Jul 2022
Blueckot said:

Thanks. I'll give all of them a try as soon as I can.
Jan 3, 6:19 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Levi1108
@Levi1108 it has 7 movies
And the watch order is
Movie 2,4,3,1,5,6,7
These are main story
Just you should these movies, others it's extra and isn't necessary to watch it.
And if you have 20 years old or higher you should watch it
If you don't, never try to watch it. Because it's a very heavy anime that you couldn't understand.
Sorry
Jan 3, 6:24 AM
Jul 2022
Zero01guard said:
And the watch order is
Movie 2,4,3,1,5,6,7
These are main story
Just you should these movies, others it's extra and isn't necessary to watch it.
If you don't, never try to watch it. Because it's a very heavy anime that you couldn't understand.
Sorry

That's a great thing that it's heavy and mature. I love stuff like that.
Jul 2022
Zero01guard said:
And the watch order is
Movie 2,4,3,1,5,6,7
These are main story
Sorry

Jul 2022
Zero01guard said:
And the watch order is
Movie 2,4,3,1,5,6,7
These are main story
Sorry

Jan 3, 6:25 AM
Jul 2022
Why tf is MAL glitching like this lol.
Jan 3, 6:27 AM

Jan 2017
Zero01guard said:
And the watch order is
Movie 2,4,3,1,5,6,7

Duuuuude.

Even if i hate what it does and means, watching Fate/Zero before Fate/Stay Night is still (barely) okay...

But watching Kara no Kyoukai in chronological order... What's the point ? You are ruining all the particularity of the story !
It can not even be completely chronological because of Movie 5 & 7, to begin with...
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jan 3, 8:52 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Alexioos95
Zero01guard said:
And the watch order is
Movie 2,4,3,1,5,6,7

Duuuuude.

Even if i hate what it does and means, watching Fate/Zero before Fate/Stay Night is still (barely) okay...

But watching Kara no Kyoukai in chronological order... What's the point ? You are ruining all the particularity of the story !
It can not even be completely chronological because of Movie 5 & 7, to begin with...
@Alexioos95 actually watching fate zero before fate stay night is perfect order
You can ask 100 people, and 80 of them will say watch fate zero first.
Fate zero is a prequel story and watching stay night first, spoils the end of zero which is a very important part.
And watching zero first, spoils stay night but not important parts.
Although zero is prequel.

About Kara no kyoukai, watch order isn't that important compare to fate.
Some people prefer release order and some people prefer chronological order.
I prefer chronological, Because it's the beginning of the story

If You don't like the chronological order, that's not my problem.
Zero01guardJan 3, 8:57 AM
Jan 3, 9:07 AM

Jan 2017
Zero01guard said:

Because people are sheeps. Anyone who actually even just tried reading the Visual Novels knows that you spoils all Mysteries for no reason.
You can ask 100 VN readers, and 100 of them will say Zero in last. (Well, actually, 80 of them might even say to you to not watch any adaptation, but still...)

Zero01guard said:

I really have no idea how we can both be fans of Type-Moon... We really must not see the same thing in it.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jan 3, 10:31 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Levi1108
Blueckot said:

@Levi1108 I would recommend you to watch them in release order, and if you loved it by the end, you could watch it again on chronological order so you get a better understanding of the plot (it's like whay happen with star wars, the movies are made to watch on release order to enjoy them better). Still your choice, whatever you chose, do it in order of what you think you will enjoy it more (some people do really prefer the chronological order for every story, so is up to you)
Jan 3, 10:53 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Zero01guard
@Alexioos95 actually watching fate zero before fate stay night is perfect order
Fate zero is a prequel story and watching stay night first, spoils the end of zero which is a very important part.
And watching zero first, spoils stay night but not important parts.
Although zero is prequel.

About Kara no kyoukai, watch order isn't that important compare to fate.
Some people prefer release order and some people prefer chronological order.

If You don't like the chronological order, that's not my problem.
@Zero01guard I strongly disagree, Zero spoils
that is indeed an important part, also
. I'm not sure about your statistics, if you could provide some sources I would appreciate them, because most people I know can get aggresive by that statement (I'm not that radical). Stay night indeed spoils Zero, but I think is a luck of connecting everything and more natural to watch a progressive order instead of watching zero and then 2006 (god no, not for me), my tactic here is watch in chronological order after 1st view (just as Kara no kyoukai, but again and same as you, it's just my opinion).
Jan 3, 10:59 AM

Jul 2020
Blueckot said:
. I'm not sure about your statistics, if you could provide some sources I would appreciate them, because most people I know can get aggresive by that statement (I'm not that radical). Stay night indeed spoils Zero, but I think is a luck of connecting everything and more natural to watch a progressive order instead of watching zero and then 2006 (god no, not for me), my tactic here is watch in chronological order after 1st view (just as Kara no kyoukai, but again and same as you, it's just my opinion).

he is 100% right. watching fate through the anime release order will give you a worse experience due to fate zero spoiling major plot points in stay night.

the fate view order has been the forever debate but honestly it's not very hard to find the right answer.

first the stay night adaptations, starting with the 2006 deen adaptation,
then watch Unlimited blade works series(ufotable) and then Heavens Feel trilogy(ufotable)

after this, you can then watch fate zero.

if you still. are confused i made a stack on my profile with the correct viewing order: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/22888
Atlas_AlterJan 3, 11:02 AM
Jan 3, 11:07 AM
Jul 2022
Blueckot said:
@Levi1108 I would recommend you to watch them in release order, and if you loved it by the end, you could watch it again on chronological order so you get a better understanding of the plot (it's like whay happen with star wars, the movies are made to watch on release order to enjoy them better). Still your choice, whatever you chose, do it in order of what you think you will enjoy it more (some people do really prefer the chronological order for every story, so is up to you)

Thanks! I'll look into it and decide for myself.
Jan 3, 11:08 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Atlas_Alter
Blueckot said:

he is 100% right. watching fate through the anime release order will give you a worse experience due to fate zero spoiling major plot points in stay night.

the fate view order has been the forever debate but honestly it's not very hard to find the right answer.

first the stay night adaptations, starting with the 2006 deen adaptation,
then watch Unlimited blade works series(ufotable) and then Heavens Feel trilogy(ufotable)

after this, you can then watch fate zero.

if you still. are confused i made a stack on my profile with the correct viewing order: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/22888
@Atlas_Alter that is also the best order for me, but there are a lot of tastes, so people just should watch whatever they prefer (order of better animation, chronological order, release order, other strange orders), some people even don't recommend to watch 2006 at all.
Atlas_Alter said:
anime release order will give you a worse experience

I think you wanted to say "chronological order", but correct me if not.
Jan 3, 11:09 AM

Jul 2020
Blueckot said:
@Atlas_Alter that is also the best order for me, but there are a lot of tastes, so people just should watch whatever they prefer (order of better animation, chronological order, release order, other strange orders), some people even don't recommend to watch 2006 at all.
Atlas_Alter said:

well its the same really, if you watch release order its almost the chronological order, except if you watch deen/stay night first. both chronological and release order are wrong ways to watch the animes.
Jan 3, 11:21 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Atlas_Alter
Blueckot said:
Atlas_Alter said:

well its the same really, if you watch release order its almost the chronological order, except if you watch deen/stay night first. both chronological and release order are wrong ways to watch the animes.
@Atlas_Alter oh, of course, your're right, for some reason I put zero after HF in my head, mb. I wouldn't say those are "wrong" orders (since I don't think there's a "right" order, just order for different tastes) but I get the idea.
Jan 3, 11:44 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Levi1108
Blueckot said:

Thanks! I'll look into it and decide for myself.
@Levi1108 well done. Just one more thing I would say to you.
All of these guys who tell you to watch stay night first are just a fan bias of fate and just kids
Fate stay night as a visual novel or reading it first is good but watching first isn't. Because it have three routes, I mean three story or way of story that should be one but isn't.
In one route some characters have important role in another route those characters aren't, and died so easily.
Although All of them are main characters. And alot reasons like this, that make some plotholes and problems.
That's why I tell you watching or watching first is wrong but read it as visual novel isn't.
And now i tell you as a mature man and you as mature works lover
Fate zero is a prequel
Like star wars 1,2,3
And fate stay night released 2014
And fate zero released 2011
And fate zero is 10 times better than all stay night.
Now you decide it yourself, I know alot of people have been watching stay night first did regret of it.

Good luck
Jan 4, 12:40 AM
Jul 2022
Zero01guard said:
All of these guys who tell you to watch stay night first are just a fan bias of fate and just kids
Fate stay night as a visual novel or reading it first is good but watching first isn't. Because it have three routes, I mean three story or way of story that should be one but isn't.
In one route some characters have important role in another route those characters aren't, and died so easily.
Although All of them are main characters. And alot reasons like this, that make some plotholes and problems.
That's why I tell you watching or watching first is wrong but read it as visual novel isn't.
Fate zero is a prequel
Like star wars 1,2,3
Now you decide it yourself, I know alot of people have been watching stay night first did regret of it.

Good luck

Thanks, I'll definitely look into it and try not to fck up lol.
Jan 4, 5:24 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Zero01guard
Fate zero is a prequel
Like star wars 1,2,3

Good luck
Zero01guard said:
All of these guys who tell you to watch stay night first
I don't think anybody said that, you can reply with some proof if you have it. I loved the anime so much it became my favourite anime, so I decided to try the fate VN as my first VN, and I got lost so quick that it dismotivated me so I didn't even finish a route (I don't even considerate it my first VN anymore), I can't say that I won't regret read the novel first (because I still want to finish it and I maybe agree in the future) but as a non-reader person, I really won't recommend for someone like me in this aspect (and because we all are so different, I couldn't say what to do so deliberately), but be cause animes are so much easy to follow, it was good enough for me.

Nevertheless, I gave Mahoyo a chance and hell yes, it's being by far the best audiovisual experience so far for me, so I wouldn't be surprised if whenever I try the Fate VN again it blow my mind even more than the animes, but my point is that is better give information and recommendations to people interested so they make their own choices based on whatever they feel better for them (but if you mix this with the following, I'm not sure if it feels real), and I can't see how someone that states his opinion as imposing it and can say who are "kids" (in apparently a despective way) by a bunch of comments on an anime forum can call himself a mature man (nothing personal, I just couldn't do it).

Good job with the fate trama, I haven't seen such a nice short spoiler-free resume before. As I'm interested on reading Nasu's VN in the future, do you recommend hollow ataraxia? I just know some aspects of it but I don't know any opinions of it, and also, which would you say is the most different route from the original VN of fate? Also, tell me or correct me if I misunderstood something.
Jan 4, 9:39 AM

Jan 2017
Zero01guard said:

It's not even about Fate, but storytelling in itself...

The world in which a story takes place is not born the moment Episode/Chapter 1 starts. We follow characters who already are a few years old, in a world that have thousand's. Playing with the timeline is an excellent, and very basic way of making the world feels alive, and add mystery/suspense in it.

A story with a minimum of complexity is never 100% chronological, or it simply wouldn't work.
I see Zetsuen no Tempest in your favorite, what you think would have happened if
was thrown at the start of episode 01... ?

For more popular exemples; Naruto, if you watch all the episodes with Minato before even starting the journey of Naruto, or for Shingeki no Kyojin the ones about Marley before the tragedy of Eren, you are in fact ruining all the intentions and expectations of the Author, and do not experience the same story.

Zero01guard said:
Fate zero is a prequel
Like star wars 1,2,3

Read this, it could helps you : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prequel
Oh, and the justification of "It's the start of the story" is always false, especially in the case of Fate, as there is even more of them, such as Garden Of Avalon, which happens wayyy before Zero.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Jan 4, 10:28 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Alexioos95
Zero01guard said:

It's not even about Fate, but storytelling in itself...

The world in which a story takes place is not born the moment Episode/Chapter 1 starts. We follow characters who already are a few years old, in a world that have thousand's. Playing with the timeline is an excellent, and very basic way of making the world feels alive, and add mystery/suspense in it.

A story with a minimum of complexity is never 100% chronological, or it simply wouldn't work.
I see Zetsuen no Tempest in your favorite, what you think would have happened if
was thrown at the start of episode 01... ?

For more popular exemples; Naruto, if you watch all the episodes with Minato before even starting the journey of Naruto, or for Shingeki no Kyojin the ones about Marley before the tragedy of Eren, you are in fact ruining all the intentions and expectations of the Author, and do not experience the same story.

Zero01guard said:
Fate zero is a prequel
Like star wars 1,2,3

Read this, it could helps you : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prequel
Oh, and the justification of "It's the start of the story" is always false, especially in the case of Fate, as there is even more of them, such as Garden Of Avalon, which happens wayyy before Zero.
Alexioos95 said:
A story with a minimum of complexity is never 100% chronological
how can I clap on the keyboard? I'll quote you irl someday
Jan 4, 2:20 PM

Jul 2020
Reply to Zero01guard
Fate zero is a prequel
Like star wars 1,2,3

Good luck
Zero01guard said:
Fate stay night as a visual novel or reading it first is good but watching first isn't.

Ok here we go, who even said this? Why are you throwing around these insults??

Me and others said to read the vn first, but in my opinion it's fine to watch the anime first.
Not everyone has the patience to read a vn. That's why im not going around telling people that watching the anime first is bad, because it's NOT.

I got into Type-moon through watching all the anime first, and only after did I read the vns. (Yes, even Tsukihime)
The animes are a GREAT way to enjoy the story, even if it's not 1:1 with the vn. This arrogance and elitism and exclusivism that the vnonlies have is so insufferable.

Zero01guard said:

lol. What a weird thing to say, what is this supposed to mean?

The comparison between star wars and fate falls short due to the difference in size of spoilers between both prequels

if you watch the star wars prequels you will be spoiled on Vader being Luke's father and that Leia is Luke's sister. The Spoilers you get from Fate Zero is almost every single major plot twist and revelations that occur in FSN, I can think of at least one MAJOR plot point in each route that gets spoiled only in the first 5 episodes of F/Z.
Unless you are someone who really isn't bothered by getting spoiled on plot, I cannot imagine why someone would even want to watch fate zero first.
Jan 4, 6:01 PM

Feb 2016
Looks great. Just hoping it gets a solid adaptation like KnK
Jan 4, 6:13 PM

Feb 2016
@Levi1108
I think it is better to watch Witch on the Holy Night before Garden of Sinners.
その目だれの目?
Jan 11, 9:19 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Lucifrost
@Levi1108
I think it is better to watch Witch on the Holy Night before Garden of Sinners.
@Lucifrost totally agree
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Still Hyped!

trinitroglycerin - Mar 19

25 by trinitroglycerin »»
Apr 26, 2:58 AM

» VOICE ACTOR!

StevieRara - Feb 3

6 by Zero01guard »»
Feb 15, 12:37 AM

» WHERE IS IT ( 1 2 )

IcyAvalanche - Nov 26, 2023

56 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jan 28, 5:24 AM

Poll: » On a spectrum from Fate to Kara no Kyoukai, where would this lie?

removed-user - Jan 1

12 by trinitroglycerin »»
Jan 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » How many movies to adapt Mahoyo?

Xarvon - Jan 6, 2022

22 by Syrian187 »»
Jan 4, 6:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.