Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

(S; G) Isn't it an animation that many people brag about but is actually mediocre?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 1, 8:34 PM

Feb 2017
I don't get why people get so mad about ratings or what's in the top spots. People like something you don't, so what? big whoop. How about you praise somethig you do like instead of being salty
Jan 1, 9:06 PM
Apr 2022
ujl25 said:
But is the ordinary time-travel animation with some pretentious Settings, but also with a big world view to tell a small pattern of the story, very boring...

It seems that every masterpiece that is widely touted is almost always mediocre. Do the people who tout it really watch nothing but animation? Girls all over the world like Okabe? It's an otaku fantasy, slow pace, too much nonsense. Microwave back in time? Don't you think it's silly?

Naive and arrogant male protagonist, let a person can not bear to look at, Dressed in sci-fi fur, the result is a vulgar fake harem animation

It's hard to imagine this mediocre animation getting such a high rating from (MAL) (ANN)

First of all have watched the whole show, and if you have then it's OK, coz you can only judge something only after you have completed it. Coz just a single line is enough to change a person worldview when it comes to anime.
Jan 1, 9:11 PM
Dec 2022
kyo_1 said:
ujl25 said:
But is the ordinary time-travel animation with some pretentious Settings, but also with a big world view to tell a small pattern of the story, very boring...

It seems that every masterpiece that is widely touted is almost always mediocre. Do the people who tout it really watch nothing but animation? Girls all over the world like Okabe? It's an otaku fantasy, slow pace, too much nonsense. Microwave back in time? Don't you think it's silly?

Naive and arrogant male protagonist, let a person can not bear to look at, Dressed in sci-fi fur, the result is a vulgar fake harem animation

It's hard to imagine this mediocre animation getting such a high rating from (MAL) (ANN)

oooooooh look at you, your so different from everyone else because your shitting on a really well received anime. Idc if this is bait, just shush please :)
(and i’m confused at what you trying to say, for the time that animation is extremely good. So if you just don’t like the story or characters then say it, cuz no one can tell me that animation is bad for 2011)

You just wrote all the feelings I had regarding this thread
Jan 1, 9:22 PM

Aug 2022
this fucking trolls kill me.
Jan 1, 10:29 PM

Oct 2008
The character design is not what I would have chosen, that's a nitpick however. The plot is immersive and engaging, the characters, Okabe especially are insufferable unfortunately, again a nitpick. But I prefer character focused shows over plot focused ones. Finally, the show is objectively speaking, above average, but subjectively it's annoying.
Jan 1, 11:53 PM
Aug 2013
From a personal opinion, I don't like steins gate.... I think the problem is, if you ask someone why it's good they don't actually have a logical answer. It goes to show that steins gate fans are just bandwagoners who jump on the hype train and forgot to get off once the anime stopped being relevant years ago
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 1, 11:58 PM
Aug 2020
Why write this. Who cares if it got a high rating, unfortunately for you the rating stems from a very large quantity of people thinking the show was good. Doesnt mean everybody will like it. That isnt how it works. People sometimes just like different things and that’s OK.
Jan 2, 1:36 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to FutoiOtaku
At least this provocation thread from a superior minded edge lord (delusional narcissist?) isn’t using Frieren to trigger as many actual anime fans as possible 😂
@FutoiOtaku I never scold an anime and then brag about another anime, I want to brag about an anime can open a new post.Disparaging one anime and then praising another anime? Only people with bad brains do it
Jan 2, 2:17 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to AnimeDownUnder
From a personal opinion, I don't like steins gate.... I think the problem is, if you ask someone why it's good they don't actually have a logical answer. It goes to show that steins gate fans are just bandwagoners who jump on the hype train and forgot to get off once the anime stopped being relevant years ago
@AnimeDownUnder I love Steins;Gate but that anime is not for everyone so if you don't like it then it's fair, I personally don't like FMAB either, I consider that one an overrated piece of crap so FMAB is obviously not for me either.

If you ask me why I believe Steins;Gate is good then I can provide a big ass wall of text on the things I loved about it and I don't feel like writing a big ass wall of text about it so I'll keep it short: I loved Steins;Gate because I enjoyed it, you don't need to provide a logical answer about it, this isn't rocket science, you simply praise what you love and you shit on the things you dislike.
Jan 2, 3:38 AM
Aug 2013
Reply to xZabuzax
@AnimeDownUnder I love Steins;Gate but that anime is not for everyone so if you don't like it then it's fair, I personally don't like FMAB either, I consider that one an overrated piece of crap so FMAB is obviously not for me either.

If you ask me why I believe Steins;Gate is good then I can provide a big ass wall of text on the things I loved about it and I don't feel like writing a big ass wall of text about it so I'll keep it short: I loved Steins;Gate because I enjoyed it, you don't need to provide a logical answer about it, this isn't rocket science, you simply praise what you love and you shit on the things you dislike.
@xZabuzax that's not what I said though...I said why it's good not why you like it. I simply ask people what makes steins gate "good" not why you like it. If you enjoy it that's not the same as an anime being good. That's simply what you like... some people like frozen pizzas, are they good pizzas? no
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 2, 3:47 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to AnimeDownUnder
@xZabuzax that's not what I said though...I said why it's good not why you like it. I simply ask people what makes steins gate "good" not why you like it. If you enjoy it that's not the same as an anime being good. That's simply what you like... some people like frozen pizzas, are they good pizzas? no
@AnimeDownUnder In that case, what makes Steins;Gate good? the story, the characters, the music, and the plot twists are what makes Steins;Gate good, is this not enough for you? I don't even need to provide a logical answer about it, I simply liked it and you didn't, if some people like frozen pizzas then that's what they like and they will have their reasons to like it, I certainly won't find it good but if they like it then good for them.
Jan 2, 4:49 AM
Jun 2023
JKKH said:
I don't get why people get so mad about ratings or what's in the top spots. People like something you don't, so what? big whoop. How about you praise somethig you do like instead of being salty

As a beginner anime enjoyer I can say that rating is important to me. When I decided to dive into anime, I didn't know where to start. And rating is an indicator of good quality so I started watching from the top.
Some of these were really good, and some of them confused me why they are rated so high. Stein's Gate was one of them. I enjoyed it, I like time travel, but this anime is not something I would watch twice. It has too generic characters which could be described with one word or sentence. And when you have so much dialogue with these characters you must have something more complicated.
Jan 2, 8:08 AM
Aug 2013
Reply to xZabuzax
@AnimeDownUnder In that case, what makes Steins;Gate good? the story, the characters, the music, and the plot twists are what makes Steins;Gate good, is this not enough for you? I don't even need to provide a logical answer about it, I simply liked it and you didn't, if some people like frozen pizzas then that's what they like and they will have their reasons to like it, I certainly won't find it good but if they like it then good for them.
@xZabuzax you just proved my point, you don't have a logical answer for why it's good lol... but it's cool though if you like it, enjoy
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 2, 8:22 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to AnimeDownUnder
@xZabuzax you just proved my point, you don't have a logical answer for why it's good lol... but it's cool though if you like it, enjoy
@AnimeDownUnder Now this is just silly, you want me to write a review about it or some shit on why it's good with some logic or whatever? I just said I don't feel like writing a wall of text about it and at the end of the day, the review will be nothing but my personal opinion just like every other review on this website.

Your original comment with the Steins;Gate fans being "bandwagoners who jump on the hype train" is pretty silly too, mate, this isn't rocket science, we simply liked this anime, that's it, and I mean, you even gave Dragon Ball GT an 8/10, I'm sure you have your reasons for liking that piece of crap and I'm sure whatever reasons you have won't have any logic in it either, you simply like it.
Jan 2, 9:03 AM
Aug 2013
Reply to xZabuzax
@AnimeDownUnder Now this is just silly, you want me to write a review about it or some shit on why it's good with some logic or whatever? I just said I don't feel like writing a wall of text about it and at the end of the day, the review will be nothing but my personal opinion just like every other review on this website.

Your original comment with the Steins;Gate fans being "bandwagoners who jump on the hype train" is pretty silly too, mate, this isn't rocket science, we simply liked this anime, that's it, and I mean, you even gave Dragon Ball GT an 8/10, I'm sure you have your reasons for liking that piece of crap and I'm sure whatever reasons you have won't have any logic in it either, you simply like it.
@xZabuzax you gave an answer, but not any logical ones... I can give logical reason why dragonball gt is better than steins gate.

Story - both steins gate and dragonball gt have a bad story... both equally bad in this department

Characters - dragonball gt has good characters, steins gate doesn't

World building - dragonball gt has good world building, steins gate doesn't

Enjoyment - I enjoyed dragonball gt, I didn't enjoy steins gate it's boring and there isn't anything good about steins gate

Animation - both are bad, steins gate animation wasn't notable, nothing amazing or good happened with the animation in either show

Originality - dragonball gt is a more original idea and concept, steins gate nothing about it was original the time travel idea has been done a million times including even in gt years before steins gate even came out

Pacing - dragonball gt pacing isn't fast, but its not worse than steins gate where half the entire show nothing happens and the first half is really boring

So long story short, yes dragonball gt is kinda a bad anime in some aspects. But in every area where dragonball gt is bad, so is steins gate. It doesn't do those things well either
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 2, 9:19 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to AnimeDownUnder
@xZabuzax you gave an answer, but not any logical ones... I can give logical reason why dragonball gt is better than steins gate.

Story - both steins gate and dragonball gt have a bad story... both equally bad in this department

Characters - dragonball gt has good characters, steins gate doesn't

World building - dragonball gt has good world building, steins gate doesn't

Enjoyment - I enjoyed dragonball gt, I didn't enjoy steins gate it's boring and there isn't anything good about steins gate

Animation - both are bad, steins gate animation wasn't notable, nothing amazing or good happened with the animation in either show

Originality - dragonball gt is a more original idea and concept, steins gate nothing about it was original the time travel idea has been done a million times including even in gt years before steins gate even came out

Pacing - dragonball gt pacing isn't fast, but its not worse than steins gate where half the entire show nothing happens and the first half is really boring

So long story short, yes dragonball gt is kinda a bad anime in some aspects. But in every area where dragonball gt is bad, so is steins gate. It doesn't do those things well either
@AnimeDownUnder Wow, goddamn you can't get any more stupid than this, can't you? you didn't even give a "logical" explanation, what you gave was nothing more than your own silly opinion about it, there is absolutely ZERO logic in that crap you just wrote, wow, I can't believe I'm even responding to this comment.

I will only take the 1st line to prove how dumb your logic is because the rest of your comment is equally as absurd and doesn't even deserve any more attention than this:

"Story - both steins gate and dragonball gt have a bad story... both equally bad in this department"

Where the hell is the logic in this comment? you didn't explain anything at all, you just said that they both have a bad story, this isn't even an argument, you just provided your silly opinion about it and that's it, no logic behind this at all, it's silly to see you demanding an explanation with LOGIC™ when you don't even know what that is.
Jan 2, 9:19 AM

Feb 2017
Reply to donslockz
JKKH said:

As a beginner anime enjoyer I can say that rating is important to me. When I decided to dive into anime, I didn't know where to start. And rating is an indicator of good quality so I started watching from the top.
Some of these were really good, and some of them confused me why they are rated so high. Stein's Gate was one of them. I enjoyed it, I like time travel, but this anime is not something I would watch twice. It has too generic characters which could be described with one word or sentence. And when you have so much dialogue with these characters you must have something more complicated.
@donslockz complaining about ratings in a thread does nothing to help that though lol. And there's no way every highly rated show is going to be enjoyed by everyone, because ratings are subjective. Sometimes you'll just find yourself outside of the majority opinion.
Jan 2, 11:25 AM
Jul 2022
ujl25 said:

Yeah I also want to have the fantasy otaku life where I see my best friend die so many times until I almost go insane
Jan 2, 1:25 PM
Jun 2022
to me is 10/10, extremely well written, but i agree that is not for everyone. Which is the opposite of monster, for example, that everyone praises it as 10/10 but to me is ridiculously bad, barely a 4/10. we all have unpopular opinions
Jan 2, 2:04 PM
Jul 2021
MOON_SENSEI said:
kyo_1 said:

oooooooh look at you, your so different from everyone else because your shitting on a really well received anime. Idc if this is bait, just shush please :)
(and i’m confused at what you trying to say, for the time that animation is extremely good. So if you just don’t like the story or characters then say it, cuz no one can tell me that animation is bad for 2011)

You just wrote all the feelings I had regarding this thread

we’re just so alike omg
Jan 3, 9:05 AM
Aug 2022
ujl25 said:

Bro, idk what you're smoking. But you've smoked too much of it.
Jan 3, 6:21 PM
Aug 2023
This post brought out the attention seeking edgelords. Yawn.
Jan 3, 7:10 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to xZabuzax
@AnimeDownUnder Wow, goddamn you can't get any more stupid than this, can't you? you didn't even give a "logical" explanation, what you gave was nothing more than your own silly opinion about it, there is absolutely ZERO logic in that crap you just wrote, wow, I can't believe I'm even responding to this comment.

I will only take the 1st line to prove how dumb your logic is because the rest of your comment is equally as absurd and doesn't even deserve any more attention than this:

"Story - both steins gate and dragonball gt have a bad story... both equally bad in this department"

Where the hell is the logic in this comment? you didn't explain anything at all, you just said that they both have a bad story, this isn't even an argument, you just provided your silly opinion about it and that's it, no logic behind this at all, it's silly to see you demanding an explanation with LOGIC™ when you don't even know what that is.
@xZabuzax I've briefly interacted with this dude some time ago, and can confirm that he is a living embodiment of imbecility.
Jan 12, 11:57 PM
Jun 2022
@AnimeDownUnder

this is an actual good answer where you provided some extraordinarily valuable and logical, intelligent points and criticism about steins;gate that barely anyone else points out these days. Round of applause for ya man.

However here are my (logical and objective) own reasons on why I think steins;gate clears the entirety of dragon ball's existence (I'm a huge huge huge dragon ball fan btw)

story- steins;gate is just better bro

characters- steins;gate has better chars dude

foreshadowing- steins;gate is better in that department

worldbuilding- steins;gate just better imo

Time Travel- steins;gate has time travel and dragon ball doesn't, so steins;gate just better dude

Originality- steins;gate just more original big brother

Pacing- steins;gate has a perfect pacing dude

waifus- steins;gate has waifus dragon ball GT doesn't have so steins;gate just better

overall- steins;gate is just better because it's better. you have to acknowledge that. it's better. dragon ball franchise wont be as better as steins;gate. because it's the betterest of them all.

@xZabuzax don't bother with clowns like that one, all they want is attention and if you give him a serious response to his clownery then he achieved the attention he desired.
HassanIQ9Jan 13, 12:11 AM
People die if they are killed.

- A wise man
Feb 1, 11:57 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to JayTCU
asherkolars said:
you have it as a 10?

So exactly how did you let him bait you and not realize it?
@JayTCU Guess I didn't really realize this was considered baiting then. I see it now, but I was just a bit confused.
Feb 7, 6:08 AM
May 2020
Reply to SciADV_Maniac
@kizuyomi Watch Dark (German series) if you want something in which the time travel aspect is much more crazy
@SciADV_Maniac Are you serious? Dark is trash asf
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

551 by klrtg15 »»
May 23, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

310 by sidusX7 »»
May 21, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

806 by Neon7o7 »»
May 20, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

486 by Term4738 »»
May 14, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1830 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.