Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2023 9:45 PM

Aug 2021
In comparison to other battle shonen, Chainsaw Man relatively has a high number of female characters. There are only two prominent male characters in the show which include Aki and Denji. While I like both Aki and Denji as characters, they do not have the close and intimate friendship that I'm looking for in Chainsaw Man but more like a soulmate type of relationship.

So far, Denji is slightly learning the value of platonic intimacy over instant sexual gratification which is wonderful. That's exactly what I want from Denji. As for ships, the ship between Denji and another handsome dude called Yoshida who has not appeared in the anime seems to be like most popular ship in the entire fandom with the most amount of fanwork and fanfictions.

I don't know anything about Yoshida. The biggest reason that I'm asking is that Chainsaw Man doesn't have strong bromances compared to other shonen. Please tell me whether this guy has a strong bromance with Denji in the later parts of the story. Does he have a primary role in the story with Denji? Does he have the same level of influence on Denji as Pochita?

Dec 29, 2023 10:02 PM
Jul 2021
Sanjay63773 said:
In comparison to other battle shonen, Chainsaw Man relatively has a high number of female characters. There are only two prominent male characters in the show which include Aki and Denji. While I like both Aki and Denji as characters, they do not have the close and intimate friendship that I'm looking for in Chainsaw Man but more like a soulmate type of relationship.

So far, Denji is slightly learning the value of platonic intimacy over instant sexual gratification which is wonderful. That's exactly what I want from Denji. As for ships, the ship between Denji and another handsome dude called Yoshida who has not appeared in the anime seems to be like most popular ship in the entire fandom with the most amount of fanwork and fanfictions.

I don't know anything about Yoshida. The biggest reason that I'm asking is that Chainsaw Man doesn't have strong bromances compared to other shonen. Please tell me whether this guy has a strong bromance with Denji in the later parts of the story. Does he have a primary role in the story with Denji? Does he have the same level of influence on Denji as Pochita?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Dec 31, 2023 3:36 AM
Dec 29, 2023 10:05 PM

Mar 2023
If you don't want spoilers for the manga of chainsaw man don not read below this text.

Dec 29, 2023 10:06 PM
Jan 2021
the Yoshida ship mostly came from memes (there's a lot of memes that came from Chainsaw Man, but that's one of the ones that got the biggest). It did get pretty popular as an actual ship - which I enjoy because it's funny - I'd say the most popular ship is definitely Aki and Angel though.
Yoshida and Denji aren't actually super close in the story, but their dynamic is fun because Denji doesn't care about him and Yoshida is kinda a prick.

I'd say the most stereotypical "bromance" (besides Denji and Power) would come from Denji and Beam next season. Although, like Denji with anyone besides hot women, Aki, and Power, it is a bit one sided
SoulessAnimeDec 30, 2023 2:32 PM
Dec 29, 2023 10:09 PM
Aug 2011
So Aki gets a bromance. To tell u the truth I was genji x aki I don’t why. Just 🩷 them. But is Denji going to finally get a woman
I was wondering if anyone new where I can watch Lady Georgie episodes 22-45. I have multiple places. I tried bilibili,dailymotion,gogoanime,animesuge, & YouTube. some places had couple of episodes but nit all. Help please.

Dec 29, 2023 10:11 PM
Jan 2021
Darlaj-78 said:
So Aki gets a bromance. To tell u the truth I was genji x aki I don’t why. Just 🩷 them. But is Denji going to finally get a woman

who the heck is Genji? like the overwatch character? (I read the manga, but ngl, I don't remember a dude named Genji😂)
Dec 29, 2023 10:12 PM
Jan 2021
Darlaj-78 said:

oh NVM I just understood that was denji
Dec 29, 2023 10:37 PM
Aug 2011
I meant Aki x Denji. I was hoping for since I 🩷 them. Is Denji finally getting a girl?
I was wondering if anyone new where I can watch Lady Georgie episodes 22-45. I have multiple places. I tried bilibili,dailymotion,gogoanime,animesuge, & YouTube. some places had couple of episodes but nit all. Help please.

Dec 29, 2023 10:50 PM
Jan 2021
Darlaj-78 said:
I meant Aki x Denji. I was hoping for since I 🩷 them. Is Denji finally getting a girl?

Dec 29, 2023 11:22 PM
Aug 2011
Sounds like it! Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t mind Denji with a guy! but Denji is so straight. He loves women we all know that. Thanks for info

Dec 29, 2023 11:26 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to Darlaj-78
Sounds like it! Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t mind Denji with a guy! but Denji is so straight. He loves women we all know that. Thanks for info
@Darlaj-78 I do know that Denji is straight. He can be straight and still have deep platonic intimacy with other dudes
Dec 30, 2023 1:52 AM
Sep 2020
Aki and Angel have bromance, so much that fans shipping it as homosexuality. Aki and Denji can be considered the same as well, although there is still a subtle hierarchy (Aki being the big-bro).

Yoshida, well, not really, not yet. He's still a mystery tbh.
Dec 30, 2023 3:56 AM
Jul 2020
AntiSadboi said:
If you don't want spoilers for the manga of chainsaw man don not read below this text.

Bruh the fuck you on lmao

Angel and Aki are barely friends

They interact like three times in total
Dec 30, 2023 4:41 AM
Mar 2022
Darlaj-78 said:

Denji gets so hurt and betrayed by makima he turns gay 😂
Dec 30, 2023 7:32 AM
Apr 2017
Three words: Beam best boy.
Dec 30, 2023 7:41 AM
Apr 2023
If you’re looking for intimacy in Chainsaw Man you’re focused on the wrong things
Dec 30, 2023 9:42 AM
Oct 2023
He is not an that important character or a great In my opinion (yoshida) . He doesn't even come until chapter maybe 110 to 120. There really is zero bromance in Chainsaw Man . But all the Female Characters are awesome. All male character are not important except Aki . It is all my opinion about the male character not being important.
Dec 30, 2023 10:22 AM

May 2016
We will get some subtle scenes with Aki and Angel in season 2, I can say that's the closest we can see in BL subcontext. I'm not saying it's canon but fujimoto really used some of his BL connoisseur on their relationship lol

There is also Denji x Beam because Shark Fiend is a HUGE chainsawman simp but Denji made his statement about not being into dudes in that regard.

Ahh, Yoshida. The most mysterious character yet because fujimoto refuses to give us any backstory or any intentions of why he's doing what he's doing. But he'll play a huge role in Denji's character because slight spoilers:
And Yoshida tries his best to protect him and guide him when he has the chance. Honestly it's clear that Yoshida is into dudes but again I don't see anything happening between him and Denji, it will stay platonic at best.
Dec 30, 2023 11:20 AM

Feb 2017
I feel like Denji just hates dudes too much tbh lol. Aki and him get closer in the manga after what's covered in the first season of the anime but even then it's more like a "brothers who get on each other's nerves but still care about each other" type of thing than them being super close. I think because of Denji's childhood working for the yakuza and things implied about his father he has a lot of trauma from men, maybe the story will address it further but I doubt he's ever going to form a classic shounen bromance type of relationship.

I'm not up to date in part 2 but Yoshida's relationship with denji is also likely not going to end up that way. It seems like Yoshida is just another person trying to manipulate Denji into acting the ways he wants him to. Denji pretty much hates him and Yoshida is sorta toying with him. There is some kinda gay subtext to Yoshida which can explain the shipping stuff but there's a different vibe to it than what you want.

The closest thing to what you're looking for is probably Angel and Aki. Power's friendship with Denji becomes stronger over the series too and they end up having the platonic but codependent intimate closeness thing going on. It's a bit bromance-y even though she's a girl.
JKKHDec 30, 2023 11:25 AM
Dec 30, 2023 8:32 PM
Sep 2023
I think Yoshida serves more as a mysterious Kaworu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) sort of character, so I can’t really see them as bros. I would love to see some friendly Denji bromance, but alas, the tragic nature of the story kinda forbids it.

Alternate hypothesis: Denji has meaningful relationships with people besides other men because Fujimoto is capable of writing interesting female characters, like Hideo Kojima but backwards
Dec 30, 2023 9:29 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to Rayan_W
I think Yoshida serves more as a mysterious Kaworu (Neon Genesis Evangelion) sort of character, so I can’t really see them as bros. I would love to see some friendly Denji bromance, but alas, the tragic nature of the story kinda forbids it.

Alternate hypothesis: Denji has meaningful relationships with people besides other men because Fujimoto is capable of writing interesting female characters, like Hideo Kojima but backwards
@Rayan_W I would not mind if he was like 'Kaworu' to Denji. The possibilities are quite low and it would be awesome if it happens
Dec 31, 2023 2:01 AM
Sep 2019
JayTCU said:
If you’re looking for intimacy in Chainsaw Man you’re focused on the wrong things

This isn't true? Literally the whole thing is basically about intimacy lol
Dec 31, 2023 6:42 AM

Nov 2015
No. Chainsaw man is a harem like Rosario to Vampire.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 5, 5:40 PM

May 2021
I really don't think so. Denji has 0 interest in men, and other characters are dead way too quickly before they develop any sort of bromance. Aki and Angel are often shipped together, but its still too less intimacy to consider it a bromance.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

987 by Johny_Hotbody »»
2 hours ago

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - Yesterday

11 by Naveen6662246 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1141 by Hasanzade_S »»
May 12, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.