Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2023 11:42 AM
Aug 2020
I really liked the movie, but I have a bone to pick with the first scene.
When Suzume goes to the first door and sees Souta fighting to close it, it's perfectly obvious that, from her point of view, Souta is to the left of the door (and pushing to the right, while the door is pushing back - to the left).

However, when Souta notices her and gets pushed away, she follows him with her head and it's clear that Souta gets thrown to the right (from her POV); and when Suzume goes to him, she goes to the right.

But he should had been thrown to the left.
This happens in both the movie and the 12-min preview.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Dec 27, 2023 11:55 AM
Nov 2023
You can pick out things like this in pretty much any anime ever. They prioritise drama and art over practical considerations to get best angles of character expressions and best lighting. That’s the beauty of anime, it doesn’t have a physical set to film in.
Dec 27, 2023 2:54 PM
Jun 2021
rboss said:
When Suzume goes to the first door and sees Souta fighting to close it, it's perfectly obvious that, from her point of view, Souta is to the left of the door (and pushing to the right, while the door is pushing back - to the left).

However, when Souta notices her and gets pushed away, she follows him with her head and it's clear that Souta gets thrown to the right (from her POV); and when Suzume goes to him, she goes to the right.

wha....
Good eyes you have :D
I have seen it at cinema and no clue what you talking about.

(gonna do check and see that scene again)
Dec 27, 2023 2:57 PM
May 2023
People will complain about any LITTLE thing and post it on MAL
Dec 27, 2023 3:03 PM
Jun 2021
rboss said:

Just seen the scene and still don't get it.
Souta is in the middle of the door and then there is scene when he get pushed with the door to right (from Suzume perspective). When Suzume comes for help, she is in left position while Souta stay on the same position).
Dec 27, 2023 5:45 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
People will complain about any LITTLE thing and post it on MAL
@CARZOOt It's not a complaint. I had noticed it when I watched the movie, and noticed it again when I re-watched the preview.
I posted on this forum to ask if others had noticed too, because it was a way to get in touch with other people that had watched the same movie.

While I do prefer "Kimi no na wa", this movie is also quite good; but for me, this scene simply stuck out in my mind because of that particular moment.
Dec 27, 2023 5:57 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Riri_N
rboss said:

Just seen the scene and still don't get it.
Souta is in the middle of the door and then there is scene when he get pushed with the door to right (from Suzume perspective). When Suzume comes for help, she is in left position while Souta stay on the same position).
Riri_N said:
Souta is in the middle of the door and then there is scene when he get pushed with the door to right (from Suzume perspective).

He gets pushed to the right, yes, but from his position just before, Souta should have been pushed to the left.

On the video, in the same second where the Worm pushes through the door and blows Sota away, he goes off-screen to the left (and this is from Suzume's perspective too). Then he rolls on the ground and hits the broken wall. Then there is a cut to Suzume's head and she turns right to follow him. And the rest of scene plays as he had gone to the right.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suzume no Tojimari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shikkakku - Nov 11, 2022

345 by strawbxrryshine »»
May 28, 4:19 AM

» Feet and shoes in the film

trvekvlt666 - May 19

20 by Casualfanofanime »»
May 24, 2:38 PM

» Remake of weathering with you? ( 1 2 )

Hickykissy - May 1

51 by Zoopiez »»
May 19, 8:06 PM

» Makoto Shinka cannot write plausible human relationships

MyllerPhiem - Apr 8

42 by BroodEagle »»
May 11, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Next natural disaster?

mechian - Apr 15, 2023

6 by Rob7 »»
Apr 23, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.