Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2023 8:54 AM
Sep 2021
The story is getting better & excited about this fight & also a lot of mysteries were revealed this time. Excited for more.
Dec 18, 2023 8:59 AM

Feb 2021
I've listened to full versions of OPs and EDs of both cours of this and I gotta say, they're pretty good!
I got spoiled about Polka being related to Corpse God unfortunately, but the reveal was still good!
Fire-breathing Bug's origin finally revealed! It was really interesting. Tsubaki feels kinda like a protagonist here.
I guess the only way to defeat Civil now is just to somehow send him to his original world as he wishes.
I love how there are many fights going on at the same time and they keep jumping between them.
The best episode so far! I think the production was better than usual too. Oh, and Solitaire is literally us, just enjoying himself and watching stuff unfold lol.
Last episode next week.

And my random thoughts 'cause why not: While watching this, I remembered that the first cour aired on the same day as Vinland Saga. And I had just listened to Vinland Saga's OPs a couple of days ago. For some reason, I hold it in even higher regard now than when it was originally airing, it's such a masterpiece, seriously.
EmbientDec 18, 2023 9:06 AM
Dec 18, 2023 10:01 AM
Jul 2023
The truth revealed,but only half truth. Things just got more interesting, but only 1 episode left, wonder how many plot threads able the be warped up during the finale.
Dec 18, 2023 11:03 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode

now we know everything, or almost...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 18, 2023 11:13 AM
Mar 2015
In order to meet Arius Jr our boi had to go full Corpse God
Dec 18, 2023 11:57 AM
Apr 2022
This episode was indeed a death play!
Dec 18, 2023 12:06 PM

Feb 2019
Aw shit man, I figured Polka’s mom would be relevant to the story but I didn’t think it would be like this. So Corpse God using polka’s body wasn’t a coincidence at all. I’m really wanting to know more about the history of Polka’s world and earth. When did people start going between worlds? For Civil and the order to have so much info on the Byandy empire indicates a long shared history of knowledge being exchanged.

I guess it makes sense why Civil’s powers seem amateurish since he’s not got much fighting experience and they weren’t naturally acquired.

Looks like Polka is gonna have to go all out in the finale. I wonder how many plot threads will get resolved
Marinate1016Dec 18, 2023 12:20 PM
Dec 18, 2023 1:07 PM
Apr 2020
I hope something big happens next episode so many reveals and set ups
Dec 18, 2023 1:13 PM

Feb 2018
I'm excited for next week's episode and how they will conclude it; I hope they tease another season because I'm invested as fuck in the intertwining plotlines

P.S. don't fuck with Corpse God when his little bro is on the line
Dec 18, 2023 1:47 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Zudoba
I'm excited for next week's episode and how they will conclude it; I hope they tease another season because I'm invested as fuck in the intertwining plotlines

P.S. don't fuck with Corpse God when his little bro is on the line
@DancinMuffin since the current arc in the manga isn't over yet i don't think we will have another cour announced right away
Dec 18, 2023 3:15 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the point, what can they do?
Starts the fight!!!
kekeke
Dec 18, 2023 4:05 PM
Apr 2021
HELL YEEEE
Quite literally what ive been waiting for since ep 1
kinda sucks there is only 1ep remaining
hoping its a 1 hr special
Dec 18, 2023 4:36 PM
Oct 2016
A major revelation about whom Polka really is. Setting up some much more personal stakes with how Corpse God relates to Polka. Sharing the same mom is an interesting twist, their mom being sent to our world and having Polka later on. That's pretty wild honestly, I would've never guessed that was why Corpse God went into Polka body. This definitely adds A whole new dynamic to their relationship. Civil just waltzing into their office alone was a bold move. Trying to make a connection with Polka since he knows he's from the other world. Civil seems desperate to join with Polka against the Fire Breathing Bug, whom Iwanome successfully has in their own pinch. Civil figuring out whom Polka was in the other world is a big deal, seeing the necromancer magic to deduce that it could only be Corpse God. A badass three pronged battle commencing with Civil team vs Polka team, I'm very excited to see how they end things with all the chaos going on at once.
Dec 18, 2023 7:59 PM

May 2019
I did not see the fact that the Corpse God is the older brother of Polka coming, wow. While I'm curious to see how the finale will play out I'm skeptical that they'll be able to resolve all of the plot threads.
Dec 18, 2023 10:01 PM
Oct 2022
One clever detail is that in every previous flashback, Corpse God was always seen wearing a hood whether he was in his flesh body or as an undead. This episode's flashback finally reveals that he had pointy ears which he inherited from his mother while his douchebag father only had normal ears. He probably used to live among normal people before being sold to the Empire, and wearing a hood helped him hiding his identity from normal people.
Dec 18, 2023 10:02 PM

Apr 2008
All the buildup is paying off! This really is Isekai+
Dec 18, 2023 10:20 PM
Apr 2023
This episode has such great scenes and revelations.
Now we know that Rez's (fake Polka) mom is also true-Polka's mother and Rez was an elf-ish necromancer.
And now he's up against a deranged homunculus made by his former companion.
Dec 19, 2023 12:13 AM

Jul 2017
With Solitaire getting closer to the Fire-Breathing Bug that is closing in on the Shinoyamas, and both Tsubaki and Arase closer to the truth of Sabaramond thanks to Hosorogi. the rescue mission of Polka for the Corpse God and others, deciding on his alias will help takuya and the others better recognize him. But before they do, the Bastard Children of Sabaramond through the leading Civil invites himself to their HQ, which he has the leads of Polka's mother, one which the rightful son (or rather, the Corpse God being Polka's brother) was unable to save from his own world. But the request from Civil to team up with the Corpse God to defeat the Fire-Breathing Bug, it raises concern. But soon, negotiations break down, and once the Corpse God's powers show up, Civil is able to discern that he's facing the real thing: the No. 4 necromancer himself.

The police detectives thwarting the Fire-Breathing Bug group on their way to destruction, and despite their best efforts, the group will not concede to their act. But Tsubaki goes one step further deducing the hypnosis that will spread to its followers, and they immediately knew that their time is up. It's the same with the Corpse God vs. Civil, which the former wants to preserve peace on Earth, as opposed to the Sabaramond children who wants to change the world they're in now. Civil learning of the Corpse God's true names as he and Polka strangle their worth, it's do or die to return peace to Earth.

Throughout all of the convoluted infodump mess within the past 20 or so odd episodes, this is the highlight: the Shinjuku Declaration of War.
This fight better be worth it.
Dec 19, 2023 2:47 AM
Jan 2020
Either this show is actually gonna move again next episode or it's gonna get seven deadly frames
Dec 19, 2023 3:12 AM

May 2014
I liked the reveal that Polka and Corpse God are actually brothers when I read it in the manga. Very cool.
Dec 20, 2023 11:25 AM

Nov 2013
Damn, that ending gave me chills. Epic!
Dec 20, 2023 11:02 PM
Jan 2022
I hope he absolutely levels Civil. those kind of childish motivations just make me want to see ppl absolutely rekt

villains with less overtly evil intentions are much more interesting to me
Dec 21, 2023 10:36 PM

Mar 2013
Man, Polka's mom really figured out how to choose a good guy with her 2nd marriage (or at least a better guy than the jackass who would sell/kill his family for money).
Dec 25, 2023 7:19 AM

Oct 2017
Things are finally coming together. We got some real big reveals. So Polka and Corpse God are brothers. They have the same mother and wait she's an elf? She's beautiful. We got to see Corpse God's real face for the first time too. They really look alike. No wonder they never showed his face so far. We got to know his real name too.

Loved the episode and super hyped for the finale. Glad I waited to watch this episode right before finale lol. The week long wait would have been suffering otherwise.
Jan 11, 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
I just noticed... how devilishly great red glasses gals laugh is.. damn inori is outdoing herself.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 14, 10:55 AM
Oct 2018
A battle between sorcerers begins. Heck yeah!
Jan 15, 10:07 PM
Oct 2019
do i understand what i'm watching? nah, not really
Jan 19, 11:48 AM
May 2021
good thing
better than the others
Jan 28, 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
Dududum, great revealing of the past!
Mar 19, 9:28 PM

Jul 2013
So fire-breathing bug used hypnotism on those people? But what about their fire magic? Also, Kanon Shinoyama, Polka's dead mom was also Corpse God's mom? The mom he had back in his og world? How tf did that happen?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2023

66 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion

AnimeSrk - Nov 20, 2023

25 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 6, 2023

31 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Embient - Dec 11, 2023

19 by deroiii »»
Mar 19, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2023

24 by PrimeX »»
Mar 19, 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.