Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2023 8:35 AM

Feb 2021
Many people are confused by the story with POVs of a lot of characters, but imagine how Tsubaki feels
Solitaire is just the best. He somewhat reminds me of Cid/Shadow, but how he panics sometimes is hilarious.
So we finally get the origin of all those supernatural-esque things in this world. And Civil's too! Exciting!
Good episode. We got finally some answers to our questions.

A more accurate name of the next episode is "declaration of war". These translations have been really natural btw, no Engrish so far. Someone who knows English well must be in the staff.
EmbientDec 11, 2023 9:13 AM
Dec 11, 2023 8:51 AM
Aug 2020
it was another good episode, now we know more things about some characters

can't wait for the next one...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 11, 2023 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
Solitaire may have built his own his own empire with Higuro, as much as Yanmei circumvents that Xiaoyu is needed to be saved out of the Heilel. Most importantly, saving the real Polka as the priority, Xiaoyu regrets it as much as they need Rozan's help, but he's out of commission for now, just as much as the Corpse God wants to correct the things of the world. Solitaire's antics are nothing new, though having a copycat of him, that's what the Sabaramond Children under Civil are after. Even if the Corpse God and Misaki got railed into the entire otherwordlyotherworldly business, they chose to do it together.

Tsubaki is getting close to the truth that both Solitaire and the Fire-Breathing Bug are working together, as well as the Sabaramond Children, Solitaire's not going to relinquish his position thanks to his tricks and illusions. As much as Civil felt that he was a failure, trying out experiments deems his reliability to be worthwhile, and the informaiton about Polka, his Shinoyama family...and mother Kanon?

Quite surprising that Polka's late mother is mentioned for the very first time...what is exactly known about her?
Dec 11, 2023 9:10 AM
Sep 2021
The story is getting good, the mysteries revealed this time were really amazing, excited for more.
Dec 11, 2023 1:39 PM
Mar 2017
Do you guys think there’ll be a Part 3 cause there’s only 2 episodes left in the season? Or something like officially saying Season 2? Or do you think it’ll fully wrap up in the next two episodes or just be left on a cliffhanger in general?
Dec 11, 2023 2:08 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Remi2017
Do you guys think there’ll be a Part 3 cause there’s only 2 episodes left in the season? Or something like officially saying Season 2? Or do you think it’ll fully wrap up in the next two episodes or just be left on a cliffhanger in general?
@Remi2017 well from what i read in the manga the only way season 2 will be announced if they are planning to Strech 2 specific important events since part 2 should leave in a cliffhanger
Dec 11, 2023 2:30 PM

Feb 2019
Some big info revealed today. Things starting to come together, but still a little confused with all the viewpoints.

we finally have Civil’s backstory. So he was a clone made for Sabramond. Explains the appearance and his abilities. So, is the organisation able to open up a portal between worlds or did they just expect Sabramond to kinda get isekai’d like corpse god?

The fire bugs origin story is really messed up. Can’t blame them for being out for revenge. Experimenting on people like that is awful.

Civil made sure to specify that he wanted info on Polka’s mom, we haven’t really heard much about her. I wonder what we’re gonna learn on that front.

With only a couple episodes to go I doubt anything gets conclusively solved so hopefully we get another season
Marinate1016Dec 11, 2023 2:34 PM
Dec 11, 2023 4:05 PM
Oct 2016
Polka and Xiaoyu having a nice heartfelt conversation. Pertaining to bonds and what makes a strong one, whether blood bonds matter above all others. I loved how Polka said it to Xiaoyu, that regardless it will still hurt the same if they're severed. Xiaoyu may not be Rozan natural son but their bond is just like one and is surely felt in both directions. Solitaire teaming up with Fire Breathing Bug immediately leads to some interesting moments. Sabaramond and his crew come knocking to Solitaire finding the bug people there too. Which turns out theyre mortal enemies since the Fire Breathing Bug vendetta is against Sabaramond more or less. Even if this Civil person isn't exactly Sabaramond but a cloned body, its close enough for the bug people. Sabaramond is making bigger moves now that major character groups are converging, aiming for Polka directly since he thinks that's the key to getting to the other world.
Dec 11, 2023 5:35 PM

Apr 2008
Love the consequences of our world being THE isekai playing out before our eyes. I wonder what else could be in our world that escaped from Corpse God's.
Dec 11, 2023 8:50 PM

May 2019
Tsubaki is correct in his assumptions although Solitaire and Fire-Breathing Bug have their own goals. We got some more lore info this time with Civil and even got the real Polka's late mother mentioned. I really don't know how that will tie in with this but maybe she's a descendant from the Fire-Breathing Bug group.

Regarding the real Polka, Corpse God and Misaki will work together to rescue him, and maybe Xiaoyu will join in too. Speaking of Xiaoyu, his biological sister and the crazy Agakura sister are fighting over him, for reasons I don't know. Anyways, it's nice to see all these threads connecting with each other. Oh and Grocer made an appearance at the end with something for Civil, interesting.
Dec 11, 2023 11:18 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to Elior21
@Remi2017 well from what i read in the manga the only way season 2 will be announced if they are planning to Strech 2 specific important events since part 2 should leave in a cliffhanger
@Elior21 Ohh I see, hoping we’ll get some kind of conclusion at some point otherwise I may end up reading the manga
Dec 12, 2023 3:59 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to KANLen09
Solitaire may have built his own his own empire with Higuro, as much as Yanmei circumvents that Xiaoyu is needed to be saved out of the Heilel. Most importantly, saving the real Polka as the priority, Xiaoyu regrets it as much as they need Rozan's help, but he's out of commission for now, just as much as the Corpse God wants to correct the things of the world. Solitaire's antics are nothing new, though having a copycat of him, that's what the Sabaramond Children under Civil are after. Even if the Corpse God and Misaki got railed into the entire otherwordlyotherworldly business, they chose to do it together.

Tsubaki is getting close to the truth that both Solitaire and the Fire-Breathing Bug are working together, as well as the Sabaramond Children, Solitaire's not going to relinquish his position thanks to his tricks and illusions. As much as Civil felt that he was a failure, trying out experiments deems his reliability to be worthwhile, and the informaiton about Polka, his Shinoyama family...and mother Kanon?

Quite surprising that Polka's late mother is mentioned for the very first time...what is exactly known about her?
KANLen09 said:

Actually this was not the first time Polka's mother was mentioned. I remember at least there are 2 two other times, and each came with some important clues.

The first time was when Rozan heard the news of Polka opening a fortune telling business, and he said that Polka must have gotten that from his mother, also showing a framed picture of her carrying the newborn Polka. It was from the after-credit of episode 6, maybe many people missed it because of that.

The second time was in the previous episode, when Takeru was talking to Corpse God, he thought that the foreigner aka. Civil had something to do with Polka's mother.

The first clue implied that Kanon had some psychic abilities when she was alive and Rozan was aware of that. Especially Rozan's reaction to the entire incident, with his son being killed, his body was possessed by a necromancer and his soul was put into a shark plushie, was very abnormal (normal reaction would be like Takumi, even from a younger generation he still took time to accept all the supernatural aspects Corpse God had brought to this world). As if Rozan had been familar with the supernature and the mystics before.
The second one confirms a very important detail, that other-worlders, like Civil, look like foreigners to Japanese people. This goes with a very small detail from episode 1, that the police officers thought Polka was a child of foreigner tourists. That makes Kanon Shinoyama a non-Japanese, and her son with Rozan, Polka, ended up a half-Japanese. This, combines with 2 above clues, could mean that Kanon was also an other-worlder. And now the climax of the story are coming with the reveal of her identity as Civil had obtained the information.
Dec 12, 2023 8:10 AM
Mar 2015
So Civil was supposed to be a host body for Arius but Arius never came over After the Corpse God probed hi Civil was able to access his magic powers
Solitare is teamed up with the bugs who are failed experiments from the other side
Lots of pieces are in place Civil is looking into Shiyona
Dec 14, 2023 2:12 AM
Apr 2023
Part II is almost over.
I guess season 2 really might be on the works huh
Dec 14, 2023 12:34 PM

Dec 2018
while solitaire is always entertaining i have this underlying feeling that this story is dragging out. stories always need a requisite pacing, a sort of way to unfold in a proper time and place and i can't help but feel this is going on for too long and may expand much more largely than the pants that can require it.
Dec 18, 2023 3:01 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I liked the term, "childish provocation!"
kekeke
Dec 25, 2023 6:43 AM

Oct 2017
Xiaoyu's sister is quite possessive it seems. The new one is no better either.

So that's the story behind Civil, he's a body created to host Arius Sabaramond when he would come to this world which never happened. From the looks of things seems like he might be the main antagonist? We got to know about fire breathing bug too. They were an experiment by the same guys from Civil's group. Also time to know about Polka's mother, Kanon.

Btw Corpse god x Misaki stuff was cute.
Jan 7, 6:19 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I need more of the battle of the ONeesans.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 19, 6:03 PM

Jul 2013
What I really want to know is that how the other people from Corpse God's world managed to get into this world? Or least influence it? And why Sabaramond? Why not Easlies? Also, what's really the truth behind the fire-breathing bug?
Mar 19, 10:06 PM
Apr 2023
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2023

66 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion

AnimeSrk - Nov 20, 2023

25 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 6, 2023

31 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion

AnimeSrk - Dec 18, 2023

29 by PrimeX »»
Mar 19, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2023

24 by PrimeX »»
Mar 19, 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.