Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Returner's Magic Should be Special
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Desir getting more and more confident each episode...

However, this episode decided to put Pram into the spotlight and his swordsmanship skills. Or at least from the surface, they seem to making his character more relevant. His personality still needs improvement but he fights better than he looks. Might still need room to improve however.
Nov 4, 2023 10:07 AM
Sep 2021
Pram's development happened this episode and the desir party has now a strong hold and firm and trustable members. Now it's time for the tournament.
Nov 4, 2023 10:53 AM

Oct 2017
Pram focus episode which was okay. He can now wield his weapon. Later part with Romantica was okay too. Things are going quite slow.
Nov 4, 2023 11:10 AM

Mar 2013
Cool episode!
The first half was all about Pram's weapon.
It wasn't as hilarious as I hoped it could be but it was still funny nonetheless. I was hoping for a beatdown for the crooked fraudster from the counter but unfortunately, we didn't get any... the look on his face was rather unsatisfactory.
A friendship has been established between the two though. Nice!

The commoner-hating-bastard doesn't unjustly hate them for nothing, thanks for that flashback.

This is getting interesting!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 4, 2023 11:23 AM

Feb 2008
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Cool episode!
The first half was all about Pram's weapon.
It wasn't as hilarious as I hoped it could be but it was still funny nonetheless. I was hoping for a beatdown for the crooked fraudster from the counter but unfortunately, we didn't get any... the look on his face was rather unsatisfactory.
A friendship has been established between the two though. Nice!

The commoner-hating-bastard doesn't unjustly hate them for nothing, thanks for that flashback.

This is getting interesting!
@astralkill00

Well it make more sense that that guy is hating common people, but you know what if his family were good people from the start.
The common people wouldn't do such a think.

All this bullshit and yeah the mc will change the prejudice between the common and noble. If they aren't working together there is no future for humanity whatever.

Oof in the preview the final round already. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 4, 2023 11:58 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
my boi Pram kawaii as fuck, but uh... can we get some good female screentime pls?
Nov 4, 2023 5:11 PM

Feb 2019
his reason for hating commoners is understandable, but then there's always a flip side to a coin. his father wouldn't be guillotined by commoners if he was a good noble overlooking his people. but i can't wait to see him face off with Desir's team in the ranking tournament lol
Nov 4, 2023 6:20 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode,

i like this anime even if it's not the best one...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 4, 2023 6:20 PM

Oct 2022
So Desir and Pram go back to the alley to get the sword back...
I have a few problems with this scene. First of all- that shady place, there's no way a little boy like Pram would be able to just go in there with a sword like that and get out unharmed. More likely the guy would take the sword, tell him to get lost and give him nothing. Then there's the merchant himself. How much of an idiot do you have to be to not see obvious value in that weapon, why would he have kept it in his store and not immediately taken it to someone knowledgeable of exotic weaponry (since he obviously is not) to find out what it actually is? No, he just AGREES TO SELL IT right back to the boy and this guy he hasn't met- for 40 coins? Yea that's a big markup but that's actually just business. Which leads to the next problem- after securing the sword from the idiot seller, Desir goes on to spill the beans about what it actually is, WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE GUY WITH A HUGE GUARD TRAPPING THEM INSIDE THE ROOM. Mai gaaaaad!! Like, why he didn't wait 5 minutes and tell Pram what it is once out of there and safe, you never tell the guy you just swindled what it is right there in his territory!

So of course then he decides to not let them leave... Why didn't they just smash the window and go out? Why did Desir let little Pram fight the big dude BY HIMSELF knowing he had no training? And when he anticipated he'd lose, why didn't he intervene, when he has magic powers that easily surpass the dude? Then after beating the guy and walking out, they stroll around town IN PLAIN VIEW eating skewers like chumps... what if the shady seller is part of some gang and sends someone after you? It's not like they'll have any trouble finding them. Geezus. And this guy thinks he's gonna save the world.
No part of that entire segment made sense. I need another drink
SuperAdventureNov 4, 2023 6:53 PM
Nov 4, 2023 7:39 PM
Apr 2023
With Desir's party coming together well, we finally see another one of those Nobility Supremacists showing his face like that.
Well, it's people like him that really caused the likes of the French Revolution in our world (even if his family was wrongfully abdicated like that). He is just perpetuating a vicious cycle.
Nov 4, 2023 10:47 PM

Jun 2015
All emotions will fade sway sooner or later
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 4, 2023 11:37 PM

Oct 2020
Don't think I'm gonna get actual romance in this one. Kinda disappointing.
Nov 5, 2023 4:02 AM
Mar 2022
yea ain't gon lie this is trash. this where I'm dropping it.
Nov 5, 2023 5:26 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Cool episode. I like that they show the other two characters and how they grow.
Pls do more like this, maybe it will get good then.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 6, 2023 5:43 AM
Mar 2023
In the end Pram had to swallow all the hate and bad words he had dedicated to his father and it was like this 🤡 when Desir told him "You have to use your nail to open it😐". Well, in the end Pram ended up worshiping his father and wanting to honor his legacy with the rapier, on the other hand, Romantica friendzoned Hadun, who hates commoners, but has background data so he still has a chance to make a turn 180° ahead. See you next week.
Nov 6, 2023 5:33 PM
Nov 2023
Kinda average chapter
Nov 6, 2023 6:42 PM

Feb 2020
so cute. need to take this little boy on some dates

Oh romantica too

Nov 9, 2023 6:22 PM

Dec 2018
now we get an idea of this guy's past, but boy did she grill him lmao. i hate when people choose to hate others like that; i bet he'll be a good guy in the future or at least i hope so. also i love you pram <3333.
Nov 13, 2023 3:53 AM

Jul 2017
Even the Hebrion Market feels familiar to Desir, but what is not, is the shop that Pram sold his rapier to, though Desir wants a chance to get it back.

Wujukeun's shop that's heavily guarded by a barbarian and managed by a shopkeeper that is greedy on the money. But the sword is no mere rapier, it's a kemuvin, which Desir buys it utright for its offer, because he's the only one that can appraise this to its full effect: a blancium blade. Testing the barbarian, Desir took Pram for a ride, but allowed him to take it on, no matter the challenge. Eventually, Pram won by slicing the barbarian's weapon and dealing him damage. The reward is just some food, but they're a party, and Desir looked out for Pram.

For Romantica, coming to the Alpha class to face Doneta Hadoon, she's turning down his invitation, and even more that she's a commoner herself. That only fueled his anger more since he lost his family to commoners executing corrupt nobles like his family.

A leopard cannot change its posts, see all nobles.
Nov 14, 2023 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
The party is making some big progress.

I do like how there was some character building/background story.
Nov 29, 2023 4:25 AM
Jun 2022
Dum Dums Nerfed A Lot ; Jap. Va Dry In This One [ dub to the rescue ] . Almost Dropped This One But The First 2 Epic Seasons Of Manga Is Good Enough For Me To Keep Going . I Wanna See Half Dead Desir If They Don't Nerfed That Too.
Nov 29, 2023 10:08 PM

Nov 2009
Huh... so apparently the commoner-hater noble dude had a sort of sad backstory where the commoner revolted against the noble...

But... apparently that did shit and the noble is still in control, otherwise the nobles wouldn't still be here pushing down commoners.

I can already imagine that all the commoners that revolted are now dead...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 29, 2023 5:20 PM

Feb 2009
bizarre, so they had their own French revolution but apparently didn't go far enough because here we are...Also, both of his party members are half nobles, so perhaps there is something to having noble blood as far as magic power goes.

Newspaper giving this beta party attention is also really weird given that they didn't bat an eye when our protag defeated that magic knight girl previously. I guess they were sleeping until now?

Also, I'd be surprised if they honor the results of the tournament even if they ended up winning it all. It makes no sense why the nobles would suddenly care when they should already be aware of how strong our protag is and have been turning a blind eye all this time. In fact, the existence of a promotion tourney that allows a beta party a chance to even ascend at all makes no sense at all in a system that already blatantly prevents alpha commoners. It suggests that the staff actually cares about talent when that is clearly not the case just a few eps ago.
EinTheVarianceDec 29, 2023 5:26 PM
Jan 19, 9:48 AM
Jan 2023
Loved how they actually justified that guy's hatred for the commoners, normally I would have just expected them to leave it at he just hates commoners, but they gave the side character a backstory which is great.

Also, the focus on Pram and his weapon was good too, enjoyed how that played out.
Jan 21, 5:08 AM
Aug 2023
Wow, this anime is turning out a lot better than I expected. They properly explained the noble's motivation for hating commoners, and it's reasonable. They also gave characterization to the guard for that pawn shop so that he wasn't just some generic evil muscle head.
Apr 15, 7:45 AM

Jul 2023
Desir takes parm to town to buy back the sword, leading to a quite sketchy shop. There the scummy shopkeeper sells the sword for 13x the price parm sold it for, the reason being the apprasial he gave parm was a scam. Although parm is agitated Desir calmly agrees to pay the 40 silver coin fee to his suprise, After buying from the scummy shopkeeper who thinks he won Desir reveals the truth to the sword which shocks them and parm. The sword wasnt worthless it was actually made with one of the highest material, and parm realised his mistake of hating his father, as they prepare to leave the shop the scummy hag demands to leave the sword or his guard will strike them down. But parm stands up for them and after a battle with the massive warrior parm ends up victorious, sending a metaphorical middle finger to the scummy hag.
At the party room romantica's training is going quite successfully, curious, she check out her accuracy with a multishot wind magic and finds out sue has improven alot.| She goes to a meeting with doneta hadun where she reveals she declines his request to join blue moon party because she already joined one. Ramontica revealing to Hajun that she used to be a commoner he reveals his true colors, showing Desir's warning was right, she leaves declaring blue moon and her party members are going to be enemies in the ranking tournament. After leaving hajun's hate for commoners is revealed to be half justifiable as his family got the donquixote family treatment (his parents executed by commoners due to hate for nobles)

Anyone else noticed the one piece reference?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2023

65 by LionOfParadise »»
May 12, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

57 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 29, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

30 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

28 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

39 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 5:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.