Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (30) « First ... « 28 29 [30]
Apr 8, 5:35 PM
Jun 2023
peak anime right here
Apr 9, 10:29 PM
Apr 2022
boring ahh ending
Apr 13, 10:47 AM

Jun 2016
A great ending all in all.

I was a bit sad to see all the characters die during the credits, but at least the surviving ones did live a happy life as Eren wished. A happy life plagued with regrets, traumas and grieve that is. And 80% of humanity died so that the rest could... continue killing each other apparently.
Oh and, well, Yelena was right.

A pretty depressing, yet great ending for the masterpiece of the last decade. Ah, I'll miss this show !
Apr 13, 6:54 PM
Jan 2021
The final chapter was a really satisfying ending to end this great show but falls short some other elements, from info dumping that was pulled out of nowhere, it would've been better if the ending was somewhat an open ending, we already somewhat understand eren and I feel there was no need to over examine his actions, though there was still a lot of great moments so all in all it's a flawed ending but a satisfying one nonetheless.
Apr 19, 12:45 AM

Jun 2015
I feel mocked. I can't believe this bitch of all people survived.
Read Toriko!
Apr 26, 5:33 PM
Oct 2019
Splendid adaptation to its end.
Apr 26, 9:45 PM

Jan 2022
I'm sorry but Armin getting gagged was kinda funny. It was cool to see the past and present titans fighting against each other and in the end helping each other out.

Zeke is right though...in the grand scheme of things, we only exist to multiply. It's a sad reality.

Its interesting that the leaf changed into a ball in Zeke's perspective.

Annie comes in and swoops Armin off his feet, so cute.

I'm glad Levi was finally able to kill Zeke. Zeke looked so excited to see Levi lol

I wasn't expecting Eren to admit his feelings for Mikasa, ugh if only he did something about that.

Pieck looked completely different after not being the cart titan. I mean everyone else also looks healthier

Everyone helped in humanitarian aid, that's hilarious.

Damn, I can't believe I bawled my eyes out for the majority of this. I wasn't expecting everyone to return back to human form and that shit hurted.

*****So did Misaka and Jean get married and have a kid? Also what was the significance behind the kid with the dog at the end?*****

Something I appreciated was the fact that the giant titan's eyes continued to close as the rumbling continued.

The soundtrack, animation, and storyline were phenomenal. This was truly a beautiful anime. I don't think any newer anime/manga will be able to top this story.

Now that being said, how can I get rid of this empty feeling?
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 28, 6:00 AM

Aug 2014
Well I only gave 8/10 because I liked the ending, 80% killed and Eren also dead. The rest of the story since they left the island was most of the time not to my liking.. rushed, only made as plot device.. also happened in this episode few times, like Pieck getting pierced, but she wait for hours then sayd she can become titan 100 times.. first time now in last episode..

The talking or Eren and Armin / Mikasa in some other dimensions/times were also kinda stupid.. it they happened then they should know all this in main story, but then likely another plot device that he maybe deleted their memories and now only made them remember? still stupid..

The fightings scenes were good.

Mikasa kissing head of Eren was disgusting.

I wonder if that tree at the ending and boy was the same one that Ymir went and another first titan will be created?

I expected way better from this story when Eren was trying to reach his father basement..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 30, 12:30 PM
Aug 2023
Beautifully done.
May 1, 11:35 AM
Aug 2020
Nice and all. I really like that little timelapse and that post-credits scene.
May 10, 2:54 AM
Mar 2022
best show in the entire world
May 10, 10:58 PM
Nov 2023
such ending is a masterpiece, not like any other anime Ive watched. Ill say it how many times, what a masterpiece
May 12, 3:24 AM
Jan 2023
its attack on titan so ofc i love it
May 13, 1:46 AM
Mar 2023
it good it good it goood
May 13, 8:37 PM
May 2023
the BEST piece of fiction I've ever seen.
May 18, 9:43 PM
Nov 2020
man... i need a cuddle
May 19, 3:23 AM
Jan 2021
fucking amazing everyone needs to watch
May 19, 3:30 AM
May 2023
absolute cinema of a climax
May 22, 3:47 AM
Apr 2022
too confusing
kinda rushed but the annimation was great
Yesterday, 5:49 PM

Mar 2011
I've only just managed to get to the end, because I heard it was fairly bad, but this was worse than I was expected.

Up until the last 30 minutes, I thought the series was basically flawless. I'm just absolutely baffled by how bad this ending is; the more I think about it, the more I hate it. I could deal with a unhappy ending, but having it boil down to Eren basically saying "it was inevitable, I wanted to do this and I don't know why" is the most unsatisfying reasoning I've ever been presented with. I get that inevitability is a theme of an anime, and I was expecting the ending to reflect that, but the arguments presented for it in the last 30 minutes are just dogshit and reductive.

And why are the characters happy that Eren has committed a genocide for them? I wouldn't be happy at all if someone did that, even if, especially if, I had experienced what they had. They know more than anyone how horrendous this genocide was, but when they regain their memories they are happy about the end results? What the fuck? They should be pissed. If they were the characters of 40 minutes ago, they would have been horrified.

Not only are the apparent ethical takeaways of this ending questionable at best, but it was just a massive drop in the quality of storytelling and themes overall.

Absolute trainwreck of an end to an otherwise fantastic series. I just don't understand how this ending came to be, I am completely baffled.
Pages (30) « First ... « 28 29 [30]

More topics from this board

» Hulu steaming

Seiidou - Mar 3, 2023

4 by Freexpock »»
May 20, 1:44 PM

» When are these episodes getting an English dub?

did4375 - May 13

11 by ANIk_003 »»
May 19, 8:53 AM

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

60 by Mrchocolateeater »»
May 12, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1049 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:49 PM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.