Forum Settings
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 2, 2023 9:59 AM

Sep 2017
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

This volume felt like an economic cycle. And not in a good way.

just like volume 2, this volume also never fails to disappoint. Just like the 'fair weather' merchants who are too stingy to help a person in need, we have the villagers this time, in the boonies, who are ok with killing some poor merchant just because he wandered through town and they need a scapegoat.

too unsympathetic. And they are stupid even. The hypocritical merchants like Jakob were hypocrites and heartless but atleast they weren't stupid. But the same could not be said of the villagers.

No wonder the anime skipped this volume.

So, just only now a traveller reaches your town and he has no opportunity to sell his suspected 'poisoned' wheat and you immediately try to persecute him without a trial??

“Uh, just who was it, I wonder, that separated the good wheat from the bad and created that miracle? Had I not been there, you would’ve been tossed naked into a cauldron and boiled alive.”

I still wonder why Kraft had to go back and save those entitled good for nothing villagers who couldnt do anything on their own.

And the plot armor gets too much out of hand.

Cookies as an excuse for krafts merchant sense is seeming more of an excuse to give the hero something to achieve just like the realist hero Light novel

Many thanks to the unmatched wolf god who has shown a new miraculous godlike ability to quickly grow wheat . I hope she lives forever to bless all the wheat in this whole world.

Sarcasm aside, I didnt like that this volume had nothing to do with economics and everything to do with plot armor. If kraft didnt have holo, he would have been killed, which I am sure happened before as well.

Imagine a village full of joffery baratheons who u need to save because of a deus ex machina at the eleventh hour. Coz that's how i feel.

Moral of the story:They doubted us and were about to kill us but thank Holo we made some profit at the end right?

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 8, 9:25 PM

Jul 2010
To me it was the most boring volume out of four so far. While it had some nice moments between Holo and Lowrence, it just fails to capture your attention the way previous three could.

It also makes it harder to worry about main characters when they always have "magic murder wolf" who always can escape/kill their enemies. "Well we can just escape" and they do indeed escape without any issue and do magic mumbo-jumbo to fool the church. Plus I noticed very annoying pattern on how the most important/interesting part of the story gets resolved way too quickly, in the matter of last pages. We get a lot of exposition, dialogues and then BOOM the story ends, everyone are happy and it's like nothing bad ever happened... it's so funny because manga just SKIPS ~65 % of the book and does speedran through the entire story, making it even worse.

But I admire the author for writing FOUR entire books in a single year, damn, I need that productivity bro. Not only he won a contest but then proceeds to write 3 very strong follow-ups!
And don't get me wrong, the books are very entertaining compared to other novels, I rate them very high. It's just a small critique on my part.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 1

removed-user - Apr 9, 2016

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 3 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 19, 2015

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 2 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 17, 2015

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:52 AM

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 6

JeremiahOrange - Nov 6, 2023

0 by JeremiahOrange »»
Nov 6, 2023 5:46 AM

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 5

JeremiahOrange - Nov 2, 2023

0 by JeremiahOrange »»
Nov 2, 2023 10:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.