Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2023 9:00 PM
Jul 2022
Saw a review saying the power scaling was off and strange in this 3 episode arc. I disagree. I think the arc actually mostly takes place before Rimiru becomes a demon lord
The power scaling makes more sense from that perspective.
Nov 1, 2023 10:05 PM
Aug 2021
Ghostfeint said:
Saw a review saying the power scaling was off and strange in this 3 episode arc. I disagree. I think the arc actually mostly takes place before Rimiru becomes a demon lord

yup, some people are misunderstanding this as something after rimuru became demon lord
Nov 1, 2023 10:32 PM
Jan 2023
well is this cannon I wonder
Nov 1, 2023 10:41 PM

May 2022
Yup, you are right. This OVA takes place after S1 and before the events of S2 like how we saw Rimuru still teaching the kids in Ingracia. It even says in MAL synopsis the same thing. IDK how people still don't understand this.
π’Ÿπ‘œπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒢𝓉𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
Nov 1, 2023 10:57 PM

May 2022
Mr__kitten said:

It's kinda Upto you to decide. The short story is written by Fuze, the original author of the series which was released along with S2 Blu-ray but the characters here (except only Violet, Luminous and the end-credit characters) and the location in which the story takes place are all original and are not part of the manga nor the LN. It doesn't contradict anything in the source material but they are also not universally canon.
Nov 1, 2023 11:00 PM
Jan 2023
69S7B4A5A said:
Mr__kitten said:

It's kinda Upto you to decide. The short story is written by Fuze, the original author of the series which was released along with S2 Blu-ray but the characters here (except only Violet, Luminous and the end-credit characters) and the location in which the story takes place are all original and are not part of the manga nor the LN. It doesn't contradict anything in the source material but they are also not universally canon.

I presume scarlet bonds is the same.

But level with me. why didn't they animete the skipped content (rimaru becoming an adventurer)
Nov 1, 2023 11:44 PM

May 2022
Mr__kitten said:
69S7B4A5A said:

But level with me. why didn't they animete the skipped content (rimaru becoming an adventurer)

Yes Scarlet Bond is in the same league.

I guess Rimuru becoming an adventurer and His adventures isn't important in the overall narrative than the civilization and world-building aspect of the series.
Nov 1, 2023 11:47 PM
Jan 2023
69S7B4A5A said:
Mr__kitten said:

I guess Rimuru becoming an adventurer and His adventures isn't important in the overall narrative than the civilization and world-building aspect of the series.

he learned how to summon demons, coat his weapons in aura and got identification. I think he also became an A rank adventurer which is contradicted in this filler.
Nov 1, 2023 11:54 PM
Jun 2023
yeah , this story is before rimuru became demon lord , so this power scaling is ok i think. and rimuru didn't find out about vampire queen so he will see first time in meeting.
Nov 1, 2023 11:55 PM

May 2022
Except summoning demons, it isn't that important. Rimuru just can learn to coat his weapons in his aura by Great Sage and also through Hakurou's training by combining his Arts. Also he doesn't become an A-Rank adventurer and remains B+ only even in the novels which he mentioned in Volume 8 as it is too much hassle and being B+ already gives him many benefits and he doesn't want to stand out by taking more jobs by being an A-rank adventurer.

Edit: Damnit, I didn't realise I never mentioned The OP's post.
Nov 1, 2023 11:56 PM

May 2022
Mr__kitten said:
69S7B4A5A said:

he learned how to summon demons, coat his weapons in aura and got identification. I think he also became an A rank adventurer which is contradicted in this filler.

Except summoning demons, it isn't that important. Rimuru just can learn to coat his weapons in his aura by Great Sage and also through Hakurou's training by combining his Arts. Also he doesn't become an A-Rank adventurer and remains B+ only even in the novels which he mentioned in Volume 8 as it is too much hassle and being B+ already gives him many benefits and he doesn't want to stand out by taking more jobs by being an A-rank adventurer.
Nov 2, 2023 12:49 AM
May 2023
at least they gave us a extra
Nov 2, 2023 9:59 PM
Oct 2023
Ghostfeint said:

yes indeed
later the queen told that that rimuru became the demon king. and in the end of the episode 3 it was shown that the pink haired demon's (I actually don't know the name) next target is the queen of Raja Kingdom.
as a conclusion we can tell that this arc is way before rimuru became the demon king.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: Coleus no Yume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

otakuweek - Oct 31, 2023

74 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 24, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: Coleus no Yume Episode 2 Discussion

otakuweek - Oct 31, 2023

24 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 23, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: Coleus no Yume Episode 1 Discussion

otakuweek - Oct 31, 2023

34 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 22, 10:35 AM

» So does the ending makes movie canon?

GEAR_1 - Nov 2, 2023

19 by Cybertron713 »»
Jan 31, 12:17 PM

» Question about the ending

Embient - Nov 2, 2023

6 by NiaAlexandria »»
Nov 2, 2023 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.