Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Returner's Magic Should be Special
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
I see this episode with our main cast teaming up and trying to advance through the ranks at school.

Romantica is the low point of the show imo as she is still very annoying to watch at some scenes. Seems they're building everyone to show their potential, even if it takes a lot of hard work. Desir is also maturing as in his skills. Also got to see a bit more of Pram's story and his mother health wasn't well.
Oct 28, 2023 9:02 AM

Feb 2014
This is literally the third week in a row that I've had to check what anime this was before updating it on MAL because I couldn't remember a single thing about it.
Oct 28, 2023 10:50 AM
Sep 2015
At this pace 12 episodes are not gonna be enough. If lucky we might get to see how the tournament end, and that's it.
Oct 28, 2023 11:06 AM
Feb 2018
Doesn't this "I don't use the rapier" look far-fetched?
Oct 28, 2023 11:09 AM
May 2020
OF COURSE the sword is actually insanely valuable and Pram got scammed when people told him it was worthless. When he said he sold it, I thought he might be getting scammed, and then the post ED scene all but confirmed that that is indeed the case
Oct 28, 2023 5:04 PM

Feb 2019
pram is such a cutie, but like romantica, he too has a sad backstory. well, i guess his is sadder than romantica's lol but damn, what's desir gonna do now that the rapier's been sold? will he be able to track it down?
Oct 28, 2023 5:29 PM

Feb 2019
Ngl man pram might be a little special needs. Practice your whole life with a sword, MC finally finds a way to find your dad and you sell it lmao

Romantica definitely starting to develop some feelings for desir too! Can’t wait to see that develop.
Oct 28, 2023 6:11 PM

Sep 2018
This is giving me "Summoned to Another World for a Second Time" vibes, maybe not as disjointed, though still fairly uninspiring. 5/10 show so far.
Oct 28, 2023 6:50 PM
Aug 2020
it was not a bad ep

the present could be different from the past...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 29, 2023 12:31 AM
Sep 2021
So pram's backstory is explained this time and also desir formed a party to change their class from beta to alpha by taking part in the ranking tournament.
Oct 29, 2023 1:26 AM

Feb 2008
Pram is just too pure and easy scammed . Usually those people are easy to trick .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 29, 2023 4:31 AM

Mar 2013
We are finally getting some interesting developments for Pram... (but I only prefer Romantica's route) They're definitely pushing the femboy liking the MC more than they should. OGR vibes.

and Prum threw away his, uhh... weapon.

Then we get to see the preview...

He definitely got bamboozled.

He is too trusting. lmao
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 29, 2023 6:24 AM
Apr 2023
Kind of nice development with Desir, Romantica and Pram forming their party.

Somehow, I feel like the pacing is pretty slow. I don't know the source material but I feel like the scenes are being stretched to the last second it is allowed. It feels like a lot of the action and mayhem is being saved to the very last 3 episodes of this cour.
Oct 29, 2023 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
The pacing feels so slow, this type of manwha rides on hype rather than story/plot. They should have made it more fast paced. Instead of wasting so much time on showing them training and improving they should get to the main fights.
Oct 29, 2023 12:42 PM
Nov 2018
I like how Desir uses his knowledge of the future as a guideline and not as something that's definitely going to happen. So many animes, the protagonist will always try to preserve the story or past. Just being there is disruptive enough for major changes.
Oct 29, 2023 4:12 PM
Jul 2017
they're really dragging this out. they could have easily combined this ep and the next (at least the first half of it) into one ep. idk how many episodes or seasons this is planned for but they're not going to get much actual plot in with 12 episodes.
Oct 29, 2023 5:54 PM

Oct 2022
UGH!! A training arc?? I do not find this appealing. What a crashing bore
The only good thing about this episode was Pram, again, and now the main guy is just giving off daddy vibes when he's holding Romantica & Pram from the rats...
Everything about the social class conflict rings hollow, the training stuff is boring as hell, and I don't even know why I bother watching this now.
Oct 30, 2023 9:55 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
The soundtrack of this anime is very good, way better than the story. I think we need to acknowledge it. They do what they can with their limited money and i like it.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 31, 2023 11:19 AM
Jun 2021
nah do this show justice
Oct 31, 2023 4:47 PM

Dec 2020
Reply to tekkenshu7
Kind of nice development with Desir, Romantica and Pram forming their party.

Somehow, I feel like the pacing is pretty slow. I don't know the source material but I feel like the scenes are being stretched to the last second it is allowed. It feels like a lot of the action and mayhem is being saved to the very last 3 episodes of this cour.
@tekkenshu7
Yea, seriously... In the first episode, I felt like the after-fight scene dragged for half an episode. It's such a pace that I cannot even feel excited for OP MC.

Maybe there are people that wants such pace, but my hyperactivity is getting bored.
Forum avatar: Lu, from Isekai Nonbiri Nouka
Oct 31, 2023 8:17 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Santibag
@tekkenshu7
Yea, seriously... In the first episode, I felt like the after-fight scene dragged for half an episode. It's such a pace that I cannot even feel excited for OP MC.

Maybe there are people that wants such pace, but my hyperactivity is getting bored.
@Santibag
True - I usually see this 'pacing' when the source material is actually very limited.
I have a feeling that they actually realized that the arc/s they are adapting are pretty much very short for 12 episodes during the storyboarding stage and so they just added a few seconds of frames here and there to distribute the content evenly.
Nov 1, 2023 5:51 PM
Jun 2022
Showing Promise... Noice...
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 AM
Apr 2020
Only problem i have with this show is that it's not clear if his current actions are different from his previous timeline .
Wish there was side by side explanation
I'm still not sure if romantica joined that guy in previous timeline
Nov 6, 2023 5:42 AM
Mar 2023
All this time I felt that the name "Pram" was quite familiar, now I remembered that it sounded like "Gram", the Norse mythological sword. Well, Pram has a grudge against his father and the sword he gave him because some scammer told him it wasn't worth that much when he went to ask about its value and, before asking for a second opinion, he decided to believe everything the first time and ended up selling it. . It is understandable that he may have these feelings towards his father, because his mother ended up being left alone without any help from him that we have been able to see, although that is what they want to show us at first glance, I wouldn't be surprised if in reality he was closer to her. what Pram thinks but hasn't been able to interact with him for some reason. On the other hand, Romantica learned to better control her wind magic and little else, but she shows a lot of potential. See you next week to see how they try to recover the sword.
Nov 13, 2023 3:33 AM

Jul 2017
Desir, Romantica and Pram go to Brigitte to announce their party-forming together, with the intention to rise up to the Alpha ranks through the ranking-cum-promotional tournament. But in retrospect, no one student in the Beta class has ever broken that record, and Desir wants his party to be the first single rankers to break the system. As always, the disparity between the Alpha and Beta class students, and the party of 3 has to contend with a filthy room filled with rats, despite both Pram and Romantica not being into the idea of it. The cleaning though was spotless by Desir, and there's no time but to start training ASAP.

The somewhat large training area wihin a confined room, Romantica has to deal with Desir's trainings, the same way as how he saw her in his future. As for Pram, there's nothing that Desir can teach him, though there is still his demonstration with a rapier, which kind of mimics why he used the great sword. The thing is, Pram's backstory being born out of wedlock and the same weapon that he had, treasured down from his father, whom his mother told him not to meet nor learn his name, since they lived in different worlds. But Pram has decided to anyway by entering into Hebrion and getting clues, only to find that the rapier is just a useless cheap and common item.

Pram already sold off his cheap rapier, though to Desir, he just needs to confirm something about that rapier. What secret does it hold?
Nov 29, 2023 9:45 PM

Nov 2009
LOL @ Romantica having fun with moving the ball around.

As for Pram... huh... dude really regreted his father huh...

Tho... why would he sell it now? when in previous timeline he still had it? I guess Pram talking to Desir made him to sell it? weird...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 1, 12:39 PM

May 2023
Reply to Cody8076
This is literally the third week in a row that I've had to check what anime this was before updating it on MAL because I couldn't remember a single thing about it.
@Cody8076 skill issue ngl
Jan 19, 7:39 AM
Jan 2023
I kinda like this slower pace, get to see how the training is done for once.

Pram's story is just sad, abandoned by his noble father, the sword he left him turns out to be of great value then he goes and sells it and gets scammed.

Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes, and so far I can already tell that the current timeline is already going to turn out different to the old one.
Apr 15, 6:56 AM

Jul 2023
Desir along with romantica and pram go to professor brigitte (Non-discriminitory one) to set up a party, the reason being so they can get promoted to alpha class by winning the ranking tournamnet to prove beta's potential. After setting up their party they find out the vast difference between alpha class rooms and their party room which is filled with rats and dust, however desir along with the reluntant romantica transforms the room amazingly. Desir starts training romantica to improve her accuracy he starts her off with learning wind magic control exercises (Which she gets the hang of pretty quickly).
Desir inquires pram why in the arena he used a great sword instead of a light sword, somethimg that'll match his agility, parm decides to show desir why at his home. Parm reveals the sword that desir reconizes in his previous timeline, parm explains how it was left from his noble father, and that his mother was a commoner. After his mothers death and When he enrolled to hebrion to find his father he got the sword appraised and that the sword his father left them had no value, parm feeling betrayed vowed to never use that sword left by his father. Later in the party room desir asks if he can see Parm's sword, but... he reveals he sold it.

Parm and romantica harem? No homo
RefridgeraterApr 15, 7:02 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

59 by Shiro099 »»
Jun 5, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2023

65 by LionOfParadise »»
May 12, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

30 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

25 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Kikansha no Mahou wa Tokubetsu desu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

39 by Refridgerater »»
Apr 15, 5:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.