Forum Settings
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 27, 2023 8:40 PM

Sep 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

So this volume was a lot less exciting and didnt feel as cathartic as i hoped it would be. I wasnt happy on idea of smuggling being only way to save one from debt rather than other avenues.

Liebert had a good impact for the short time he had.

The over hypocrisy of the merchants like Jakob and others who dont lend him money is too hard to take, especially when Kraft had helped most of them make profits and they dont help him at all in his time of need.

Not to mention that Kraft decides to give them 30 after the successful smuggling when they barely gave him 3. This goes far beyond merchants being stingy and it becomes arseholery. Dont get me started on the merchant on poroson who clearly was having a doctored scales before he attempted to pull a bigger scam by tilting the table. How can you trust a guy who clearly has a means to cheat. It is even more funnier when Kraft talks of trust when none of the others whom he emphasises "trust" on dont trust him at all.

Kraft was at his own fault for getting greedy and buying on margin on a good he had absolutely little knowledge on and on which he had done no proper work. But he is too much of a arsekisser without any agency. he should have made remelio pay for butchers instead of his own pocket.

Glad Kraft develops character over end, not falling for Holo's bullshit anymore.

Kraft has a lot to learn to become a savvy merchant.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 1, 2023 2:31 AM
Dec 2021
Yeah, Kraft really blundered in vol.2, but his "friends" weren't much help either. Could have resolved the issue a different way, but I guess the author didn't want to dwell too long on broke Kraft Lawrence ^^
Overall one of my less favorite volumes.

More topics from this board

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 4

JeremiahOrange - Nov 2, 2023

1 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 8, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 1

removed-user - Apr 9, 2016

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 3 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 19, 2015

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 2 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 17, 2015

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:52 AM

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 6

JeremiahOrange - Nov 6, 2023

0 by JeremiahOrange »»
Nov 6, 2023 5:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.