Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 27, 2023 7:32 PM

Jan 2011
I have read a ahead a little bit but even with that consider I think it's safe to say that Bitch/Slut/Melty is one of the worst written anime villains of all time. She was so good in season 1....but with her showing up in season 3......with the knowledge of what I know this is going to be a shitshow. You are about to witness some of the worst writing for a villains I have seen for a bit. I have to wonder if the author has a fetish or something as this isn't how you do it. This isn't a pro wrestling heel where we kind of like you but a pro wrestling heel we won't to not see anymore. The author does some amazing shit to make you not like her and I feel with what we are seeing now she is just doing the same thing she did in season 1. Like why are we having characters repeat the same actions again and again. I haven't fully read anything but I'm just questioning now if this as a dare or something of how bad of a villain you can write.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 27, 2023 7:47 PM

Jul 2015
You noticed just now?
It is pretty obvious since episode one, that she is one dimensional and barely even a character. Her only role was to established Naofumi as grumpy boi with trust issues and now she will do the same to other Cardinal Heroes. I really doubt she will go through any development, let alone redemption arc, because all of her character is what we are seeing and there is absolutely no depth to her.
I honestly feel more cringe than frustration about her.
Though, I agree, that Kirito clone falling for her bullshit in latest episode, despite literally being present during her trial, was just WTF moment.
PiromyslOct 29, 2023 6:07 AM

Oct 27, 2023 7:59 PM

Feb 2021
You only noticed that now?

I've been saying this for a long time, Malty is a terribly written antagonist, she servers no purpose in the series other than being a cheap attempt of a character that the story wants you to hate.

This is reinforced on S1 when the story would constantly keep throwing her into scenes designed to make you angry.
She has no real motivations for all that, and it's such a childish portrayal of a "villain"

And the worst part is that everyone eats that up, and no one stops to think how dumb her whole character is.
Everybody just goes with the flow that she is supposed to be hated...
Oct 27, 2023 8:18 PM
Nov 2018
In S1 Malty made sense. Habitual liar princess being used by the church into trying to gain the crown away from her sister. I think in the last episode it felt forced to have another villain. I really don't think Ren would of listened to her to begin with. He knew what type of person she was and would said anything to get her way. I kinda wish they rewrite episode 4. There had to be a better way to lead Ren to the dark side instead of using Malty
Oct 27, 2023 8:33 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to MadanielFL
You only noticed that now?

I've been saying this for a long time, Malty is a terribly written antagonist, she servers no purpose in the series other than being a cheap attempt of a character that the story wants you to hate.

This is reinforced on S1 when the story would constantly keep throwing her into scenes designed to make you angry.
She has no real motivations for all that, and it's such a childish portrayal of a "villain"

And the worst part is that everyone eats that up, and no one stops to think how dumb her whole character is.
Everybody just goes with the flow that she is supposed to be hated...
@MadanielFL I was holding out hope. LOL! I think and Naofumi's narcissism are two things that keep from be in my top tier for fantasy anime.
Oct 27, 2023 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Piromysl
You noticed just now?
It is pretty obvious since episode one, that she is one dimensional and barely even a character. Her only role was to established Naofumi as grumpy boi with trust issues and now she will do the same to other Cardinal Heroes. I really doubt she will go through any development, let alone redemption arc, because all of her character is what we are seeing and there is absolutely no depth to her.
Though, I agree, that Kirito clone falling for her bullshit in latest episode, despite literally being present during her trial, was just WTF moment.
@Piromysl Well I pick up on it when reading ahead during the shitshow that was season 2. I was really interested to see what they'll do with Melty in the books. I didn't read all the way but I was like, "So...uh...is she going to change or at least come with a new plan?"

Oct 27, 2023 8:47 PM

Jan 2021
I thought it was quite obvious that she was just a one dimensional character that you were meant to hate. And even being that, she is still the most fun character in the series.
Oct 27, 2023 9:21 PM
Feb 2021
Bitch from shield hero 🤝 Rachel from Tower of god
: Expert at being an insufferable whore in their respective universes.
Oct 27, 2023 10:20 PM
Apr 2022
The only thing I like about her character is how Naofumi gets pissed when he says her name and shield hero calling her Slut. Her name being “Bitch” alone is enough comedy for me 🤣
Oct 27, 2023 11:35 PM
Jul 2023
Good morning, it was obvious since season 1
Oct 28, 2023 12:05 AM
Nov 2021
She does a good job making you hate her lmao. Good character in that she actually makes the plot interesting but her as a character is basic AF yes.
Oct 28, 2023 1:24 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to DrFlamingLeaf
She does a good job making you hate her lmao. Good character in that she actually makes the plot interesting but her as a character is basic AF yes.
@DrFlamingLeaf I'll use pro wrestling to explain how she is a bad villain. A heel in pro wrestling is a villain. You want to see them get beat up. You want to see them fail but then you have the heels that are annoying and are constantly in your face as they win matches you don't think they deserve to win. Instead of wanting to see them you want them to go away as their character is one dimensional as all hell.
Oct 28, 2023 1:31 AM
Apr 2021
She might not be well written, but revenge vs her made season 1 much more amusing imo. I think a character that is made to hate has it's place, but there better be other villains comming. The characters that annoy me was more are the comically dumb ones (here all the other heroes) that lap up all the nonensense.
Oct 28, 2023 2:36 AM

Aug 2018
Quit your bellyaching, Bitch is a great character. Don’t be jealous just because she won’t have a whiner like you. 🤡
Oct 28, 2023 3:52 AM
Oct 2023
There is way better reasons for Rem to became evil. Why writers choose bitch i really dont understand. Are they dont know how bad they wrote her? Theres is nothing to like about her. She is only a hate object.
Oct 28, 2023 7:26 AM
Nov 2021
MasterHavik said:
@DrFlamingLeaf I'll use pro wrestling to explain how she is a bad villain. A heel in pro wrestling is a villain. You want to see them get beat up. You want to see them fail but then you have the heels that are annoying and are constantly in your face as they win matches you don't think they deserve to win. Instead of wanting to see them you want them to go away as their character is one dimensional as all hell.

Thanks for the effort but what you said doesn't really explain anything lmao. I just said shes a great character because the plot is more interesting when she is the villain. First arc was the best part of the show when she was the villain. Never said she was well written.
Oct 28, 2023 11:00 AM
Jul 2020
Malty is indeed a bad villain and her characterization is weak, but I try not to think about it too much.

She is more like a plot device that finally climbs to the ultimate plottwist in the webnovel, but it requires a very long journey and a lot of story to tell to get there. So much so that although the Light Novel gives hints that it will follow the same path, it has not yet reached the final arc and seems far from revealing this.
Oct 28, 2023 11:11 AM
Oct 2020
She's an agent of chaos, she's doing exactly what she's supposed to do.
Oct 28, 2023 10:52 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to NoviSun
Quit your bellyaching, Bitch is a great character. Don’t be jealous just because she won’t have a whiner like you. 🤡
@NoviSun I have seen better villains watching pro wrestling. It's kind of not a good look when a woman in tights has more dimensional and range to her villain character than anime character. Like her character is what you see for the annoying heel jobber character no one likes. I also love to write so I'm putting my head through the war as I feel the author doesn't know how to write villains. I feel bad for the Vas of Bitch as they are being put in a box.
Oct 28, 2023 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to DrFlamingLeaf
MasterHavik said:

Thanks for the effort but what you said doesn't really explain anything lmao. I just said shes a great character because the plot is more interesting when she is the villain. First arc was the best part of the show when she was the villain. Never said she was well written.
@DrFlamingLeaf I'll keep it simple for you then. She's super one dimensional and they kind of got everything they could have gotten out of her in season 1. Doing it again is not only lazy writing but making me question if the author knows how to write a villain.
Oct 28, 2023 11:02 PM
Nov 2021
MasterHavik said:
@DrFlamingLeaf I'll keep it simple for you then. She's super one dimensional and they kind of got everything they could have gotten out of her in season 1. Doing it again is not only lazy writing but making me question if the author knows how to write a villain.

I already agreed she's a poorly written character. Not sure who you're trying to convince lol.
Oct 29, 2023 1:50 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to MasterHavik
@NoviSun I have seen better villains watching pro wrestling. It's kind of not a good look when a woman in tights has more dimensional and range to her villain character than anime character. Like her character is what you see for the annoying heel jobber character no one likes. I also love to write so I'm putting my head through the war as I feel the author doesn't know how to write villains. I feel bad for the Vas of Bitch as they are being put in a box.
@MasterHavik what can I say, I want her to tie me up and do mean things to me. FLR, and Netorare have their charms. Don’t knock it if you haven’t tried it.

I’m always a bad one to ask if a character is written poorly. For me it just comes down to do I enjoy watch the character (face or heel) and if that’s so I don’t worry about the rest.

From my viewpoint most authors are pulling stuff out of their ass constantly. I choose not to worry if I’m enjoying the show.
Oct 29, 2023 1:50 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to MasterHavik
@MasterHavik what can I say, I want her to tie me up and do mean things to me. FLR, and Netorare have their charms. Don’t knock it if you haven’t tried it.

I’m always a bad one to ask if a character is written poorly. For me it just comes down to do I enjoy watch the character (face or heel) and if that’s so I don’t worry about the rest.

From my viewpoint most authors are pulling stuff out of their ass constantly. I choose not to worry if I’m enjoying the show.
Oct 30, 2023 4:40 PM
Jun 2020
Piromysl said:
You noticed just now?

they do have something though that I do understand and that's the slave crest not activating along with his new trauma from the turtle

I still think its bs still
Nov 30, 2023 1:33 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to DrFlamingLeaf
MasterHavik said:

I already agreed she's a poorly written character. Not sure who you're trying to convince lol.
@DrFlamingLeaf I thought you didn't understand. Sorry dude. LOL!
Dec 8, 2023 9:05 PM

Jan 2021
There is nothing remarkable that she does, her character stays pretty consistent from season 1 it's just all the characters she manipulates are the issue, there is no basis to believe this character and they already have all the information knowing she is a manipulative liar yet they still fall for it.

It's pretty insulting to the audience to believe a thinking cognitive human could actually fall for anything she says.

Jan 8, 3:03 PM
Jul 2013
I think there is more behind the scenes than we see in the Anime. Didn't read the Manga or Light Novel, but time doesn't stand still. While we see the adventures of the MC, the life of the other people continues. And apparently, between episodes, easily weeks or sometimes even months actually pass inside of the Anime.

But still, it feels inconvenient not to see all things happening in the background. There was one scene, which was added for only a few seconds. If you noticed it: Her Slave Crest didn't activate when she manipulated the Sword Hero - she even referred to that herself. Everyone thinks the Slave Crest is absolute, and when it doesn't activate, people will think she is speaking the truth. Just an idea, but I guess she even found a way to manipulate the slave crest, maybe.

At the same time, I agree. She is kind of poorly displayed in the Anime. But then again, anything aside the MC's adventures is poorly displayed, since anything happening in the background stays hidden from our eyes. And when the background characters meet with the MC, then they just throw the results of these hidden developments onto us, which actually just creates more questions.
some1uused2knowJan 8, 3:10 PM
Jan 9, 7:49 PM
Sep 2017
The inclusion of "bitch" single handedly made this anime unapproachable to most people. The first season had all of that controversy of the fake r*pe accusations and then the third season is back at it with the weird incel vibes. Honestly I can't help wondering if the author really hates women or not. Most of the women characters are either slaves or infantilized weirdos. I would've been able to explain away a single instance of this grossness, but then half of the third season went right back at it. All of the heroes are pathetic other than shield hero, and honestly, shield hero is half incompetent too (dude let's that dragon eat the crystal like an irresponsible jerk). I really liked this show in the first season, liked it less in the second, and now kind of just hope it ends.
Apr 28, 5:04 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah I also think that her appearance in the first half of the first season made sense, I mean she's the princess and a bitch so she would want to fuck with people. But after her trial her character just makes no sense anymore. Or more specifically, the interactions of other characters with her make no sense.

More topics from this board

» If this anime ended at Season 1 it would have been a satisfying ending

Remocracy - Dec 15, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 9:47 AM

» About bad story

yesvirgi - Dec 26, 2023

21 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:02 AM

» Too Many Characters

Stink_Bug - Dec 23, 2023

10 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

155 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

95 by Gator »»
Apr 28, 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.