Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Feb 14, 3:46 PM

Mar 2015
Frieren knows how to handle business! Don't waste no time on a lowly demon.

You can see how much she believes in her little RPG party.

And I love how Stark's fear/cowardice is a gradual thing. He can be very brave, but he still struggles not to tuck his tail and hide.
Feb 19, 4:14 PM

Feb 2023
Frieren the Slayer goes hard asf. I've watched enough anime to start to think that demons are cute, cuddly, misunderstood waifus. So, it seems harsh when frieren is like...no they're monsters...and then it turns out she's actually right!!! I guess you don't survive for 400 years by being a softie. Awesome episode again as always!

Also, somebody's gotta say it. Fern...
Feb 23, 2:44 PM

May 2016
I'm speechless this is getting on another level.
Feb 25, 3:10 PM
Apr 2021
Omg the parallel between Fern and Frieren gave me goosebumps why did they make them look so cold while flying stationary in the air? That shit was too cold🔥🔥🔥🔥😮‍💨
Feb 26, 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
That Frieren smile under the hood lol. The first time we see her being kinda evil/joy mode x)

2 bad youtube already showed what happens after, but still, great series so far. Gotta give stark some kudos for jumping walls with a 5kg axe on his back. I do like how this show depicts fear tho. It's not exaggerated (well outside some joke stuff) or made fun of. Its a natural reaction.

Im so in love with fens emotionless/dead facial expression tho, its scary but also kinda hypnotizing lol. Best design ive seen in a while (next to maomao) I also like how they avoided the ''lets talk so the enemy can escape'' trope. She instantly called it out and went offense again. I mean how many shows do that nowadays.

Foreshadowing for ep 23+ as well lol (ty youtube~~)
removed-userFeb 26, 3:06 PM
Mar 2, 2:33 PM
Jul 2020
MAN FRIEREN IS TOO FREAKIN BADASS DUDE
Mar 6, 6:56 AM

Mar 2016
Honestly, everyone should be Thankful that Frieren is on humanity's side. Given her apathetic and cold demeanour and her lack of understanding regarding the nuances of human emotion, Frieren might as well be a mass murderer from humanity's eyes had she sided herself with the demons. She's only called a hero by the humans because she did the exact same thing but only to demonkinds.

So there's the double meaning of [Souso no Frieren]. One of them being Frieren the Slayer.
That's such a badass nickname, and I have a particular soft spot for a deceptively kind character that has a dark somewhat edgy past. The one who slaughtered the most demons out of anybody in history. I wonder how many her kill count is... Thousands? millions?

Who knows, she herself doesn't even see demons as another species, only as wild beasts. So much so that she killed that Drechth demon guy without even a moment of hesitation to hear his pleas. No mercy, no compassion, no regard for sympathy. A true discriminator against demons. A racist elf XD Epic.

Mar 7, 1:25 PM
Feb 2020
8 episodes into this show, I'm liking this show.

Although I feel that this show isn't as great as current ranking indicates. Its has its qualms, pacing being the most serious one.

I just don't understand why they opted for this unique standard on variable pacing in each episode.

Each episode of 20 odd minutes, 10-15 minutes are so slow like nothing really is happening while the remaining 5-10 minutes, everything happened.
Mar 8, 3:18 PM
May 2022
Mad house cooking
Mar 12, 10:21 PM
Feb 2024
Amazing that title drop scene
Mar 16, 11:03 PM

Dec 2022
ain't easy being a genius
Mar 17, 5:32 PM
Apr 2023
EPIC EPISODE HOLY SHIT
Mar 19, 5:59 PM
Jan 2019
The episode was perfect
Mar 21, 4:28 PM
Mar 2024
mantiene el nivel de todos los capítulos
Mar 22, 4:14 PM
Mar 2024
Amazing I Love this anime
Mar 23, 3:23 AM
Sep 2023
Love the storyline which moves along nicely and steady
Mar 24, 2:28 PM

Aug 2019
the two are surprisingly good.
big fight next ep`?

"frieren the slayer"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 4:01 PM
Dec 2021
Đáng đầu tư thời gian
Mar 24, 7:49 PM
Mar 2019
Frieren The Slayer 🥶
Mar 26, 7:49 AM
Mar 2018
This little arc is so good! I love the demons, they make for really fun, formidable foes. Their style and magic are pretty damn cool!

The whole nightime breaking and entering scene was great, I was on the edge of my seat! Fern looked so badass!
Mar 27, 3:23 PM

Feb 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like there's an inconsistency in this episode. Demon king died 80 years ago and humanity spent many years afterwards to analyze, modify, and incorporate Zoltraak into their magic system. Lugner was then struck by this modified zoltraak by Frieren (as per his flashback). Despite it being a near-death experience, Lugner had completely forgot about her because according to him, it happened a "long time" ago, making it sound like it happened >80 years ago before the demon king's fall.

Also curious how he managed to escape from Frieren the first time around with her staff pointed at his face. Maybe Aura assisted him?
tinydevil421Mar 28, 2:03 AM
Mar 29, 2:07 PM
Apr 2020
Really love how Frieren acts like she's just gonna dip but goes straight to the source of the problem lol
Mar 30, 3:23 PM
Aug 2016
Loved this EPisode. It had everything. @FloralFlames totally agree.

I would say Frieren could have helped a little bit or at least supervise the strategy. However the TV series explains this by sensing the "queen of the demons" 10 km on the other side.

Also, Frieren is still a genius? Or just it has a good experience/ability for combat? How is it possible that Demons, being more than Elfs, are still weaker than them? Interesting.
Also, want to know how she wasnt discovered by the demon.

@Kays90 For me the pace was too slow the 1st episodes, but i guess it was necessary to explain the basic. I feel this episode was very good directed, except for the fact that
1) The leader of the city should have taken more and more guards
2) No one but the leader of the city, realized the murdered was not Frieren. Even shen!

@ShadowkillZ Totally, But it seems the TV series distinguish between bad and good, so its easy to operate in this division. Other thing was, if Demons could empathize with humans. I want to know how humans defended themselves against Demons. Of course they have magic, but we havent seen human power at all, apart from the protagonists.

@tinydevil421 Nice point!
tinydevil421 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like there's an inconsistency in this episode. Demon king died 80 years ago and humanity spent many years afterwards to analyze, modify, and incorporate Zoltraak into their magic system. Lugner was then struck by this modified zoltraak by Frieren (as per his flashback). Despite it being a near-death experience, Lugner had completely forgot about her because according to him, it happened a "long time" ago, making it sound like it happened >80 years ago before the demon king's fall.

Also curious how he managed to escape from Frieren the first time around with her staff pointed at his face. Maybe Aura assisted him

I think maybe Zoltraak was different in that ocassion, he survived somehow (in that time). I dont have a clear answer. He should have remembered. Maybe they wanted just to put it like this "directing stuff episode". Maybe this highlights the overconfidence of the demon?
Mar 31, 11:06 AM
Jan 2023
Jalan cerita yang luar biasa, saya sangat menyukainya, cerita yang ringan
Mar 31, 9:57 PM

Jul 2013
Fuck yeah I love this episode. Anyway, that demon said in the end "sousou no Frieren" and the subtitles says "Frieren the Slayer". Huh. So that's what the means. Fucking badass. These demons attempts to deceive won't work on her cause she's cold-hearted lol.
Apr 4, 1:25 PM
Mar 2024
excellent harmony of action and conventional storytelling
one of the best fight scenes ever
Apr 10, 7:53 PM
Apr 2021
Neeeh bro, this episode is fire
Apr 12, 2:15 AM
Aug 2023
This episode was just awesome, no doubt about it.

But character-wise: Stark > Fern.

We can see this most with their infiltration of the mansion. Stark has to swim through the moat while Fern water walks, Stark is freezing wet but still carries on, he Parkours up the wall and even turns to give Fern a hand up, but Fern just flies over the wall while Stark is left there. Yes all that is an amusing scene, but it really says something about Stark and Fern. Stark has to do everything the hard way, and even suffers for it, but he still offers a helping hand. Meanwhile Fern has immense power which she uses to effortlessly achieve what Stark does with much effort, but Fern doesn't use her powers to help Stark. Fern is just selfish and kind of full of herself, or at least she not a good team player and immature. Whereas it's really inspiring to see the effort Stark is putting in, and is admirable working through his fear to accomplish noble things. It's not only quite the contrast of Stark's background of him being a coward who fled his village being attacked by monsters to where he is now, but it's also quite the contrast to compare him to Fern; who's background was she worked hard to become a powerful mage, only to grow kind of selfish and full of herself with the power she's obtained. Fern has achieved "paying back her master" by becoming a mage before her master pasted away, but Stark is still in the process of "paying his master back" before Eisen passes on. Fern is sure of herself, maybe too confident in herself; whereas Stark is scared and not that confident in himself, seems to be always under-estimating himself based on what others think of him, yet despite his fears he carries on to prevail. Stark notices the demon guy sees Stark as zero threat, and Stark is terrified of the demon guy just because of his under-estimation of Stark. The same thing happened with the dragon, it looks like Stark needs to learn to not hold other people's opinion of him to such high regard because it isn't always accurate. I think the same thing could be said with Eisen, Stark thinks Eisen thinks Stark is no good because Eisen never praised him, whereas Eisen told Frieren that he believes Stark to be even stronger than him. Stark also thinks Eisen punched him because Eisen was mad at him, but it turned out Eisen was reflectively scared of Stark's strength.

Anyways I'm rambling, I think Stark is way better of a character so far than Fern. I admit that Fern has her moments, but she seems to be how Frieren used to be with her old party, a little cold and aloof. There's emphasis on how Frieren has changed since, so I think Fern is to highlight how Frieren used to be versus how she is now. Which means Fern is probably going to run into similar problems Frieren used to.

I'm actually really blown away, and liking how the anime is treating Stark. He's coming off as the typical bumbling joke character who's loud and obnoxious, but in this case Stark isn't actually obnoxious and bad. They're actually still getting the same comedy out of that trope character, but Stark is doing things right and is looking mighty admirable for such. Where as Fern is the typical tsundere character that conflicts with the joke character, but she actually does stuff wrong and comes off looking bad because of it (or at least to me). It's kind of funny because Fern's the stick in the mud nag who is forcing Stark and Frieren to do the typical hero's "go out the way to save the town, and protect the people" and other do-gooder stuff. Whereas Frieren and Stark seems to be aligned pretty well at not doing all that. I really like that while Fern maybe cold towards Stark, and tries to humiliate him, the anime itself is not trying to humiliate Stark like other anime's do to that joke character. It's quite the subversion, and it's working really well with Stark's character development.
Apr 17, 12:21 AM
Oct 2022
Magical wire. Easy W. Peace comes with good eats. Yerhankiemo, but croch style. Are you cmming? She takes her hood off. She has no Interest in explaining the truth. Crooked instruments of death. His master did not teach him how to run on water. Again locks in a world of magic mean next to nothing. They devote themselves to magic. Barrier borealis. He gives him a torture break. He takes his time freeing the tortured man. He gets in his way. He conquers his fear enough for a witty remark. He decides to reveal his own sneak attack before it happens. She will. Finally with drama and action it isn’t the worst.
Apr 19, 1:04 PM
Apr 2022
Damn, Frieren completely shines an aura of Bloodborne-boss vibe!!
Apr 21, 3:09 AM

Feb 2021
Frieren the slayer. It was a nice title :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 27, 9:35 AM
Apr 2024
The action from sol anime always surprising
May 4, 4:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Freiren: DEMON SLAYER

roll credits

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 5, 11:43 AM
Dec 2023
YOOOOOOO!!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT EP!!!
May 7, 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
Guess Lügner is no pushover, I love how they still talk about Solltrak. Did time stand still in the demon realm and they never discovered what Frieren did with the demon magic? I guess they weren't able to enter through that barrier in all those years. Frieren looks might strong hover above the demon army like that, next episode will be fire.
May 8, 5:27 PM

Nov 2023
YESYESYESYESYSE SLAUGHTER THHHE DEMONS FRIEREREEEN!!!!
May 8, 6:32 PM
Apr 2024
An anime that deserves the highest rating
May 11, 6:38 AM
Dec 2023
The music, back story, and character reveal is so interesting. Fireden the Slayer really lives up to her name.
May 11, 6:10 PM

Jul 2021
What an amazing episode this was, definitely one of the best so far. That fight at the start of the episode with Frieren and that demon with magic string in Frierens cell was amazing and seeing that demeons abilities in action was nice, they were quite cool. That demon must of thought very highly of themself if they just barged into Frierens cell thinking they were gonna do something, Frieren was great as usual.

Seeing the leader of those three demon in action with his blood powers was interesting especially when he took out all those guards so easily aswell as injuring the king.

Seeing frieren sneek around in the town after escaping was cute.

Stark and Ferns plan was nice along with them going and helping out the king and fighting those demons. The fight with them was also amazing and i really like seeing stark in battle along with fern they both have nice move sets. That demon regenerating after all that has me worried though. Frieren is about to be in a huge battle after that cliffhanger at the end and im hyped.

May 13, 12:39 PM
Jan 2022
Nice and violent episode
May 14, 9:13 AM
Mar 2019
ahhhh slayyyy. Sousou no Frieren's OG meaning. cool
May 14, 10:14 AM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
Great episode! Love the battle sequences and as well as the backstory with Frieren.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced

deg - May 16

47 by Mdraj6996 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 12

206 by KonokoAsada »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

281 by KonokoAsada »»
8 hours ago

» best shonen award

deg - May 16

30 by Ryujin-Sama »»
Today, 6:37 AM

» Rating

Holy_Momo - Yesterday

31 by Phloup »»
Today, 3:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.