Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 22, 2023 4:45 AM

Jul 2021
Heck if I got really lucky in crypto I may be the first one to donate so that we can finally get a seson 2 of this!
Oct 22, 2023 4:56 AM

Jun 2016
I don't think I'm gonna invest. I don't care about this franchise that much to invest in new entries.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 22, 2023 5:07 AM
Mar 2022
I don’t think a second season can easily happen after the first got multiple plagiarism charges. Idk if they cleared those yet but it is a big roadblock.
Oct 22, 2023 5:13 AM

Jul 2015
There is a current trend, that the worse the Isekai is, the greater are chances of it getting a sequel.
That's why Spirit Chronicles, Gorilla Isekai, Smartphone Isekai and Cheat Something Isekai already did or will receive a sequel.
No Game No Life is not bad enough to receive a sequel.

Oct 22, 2023 5:23 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
I would 100% invest
Been waiting too long for a S2 😭
Oct 22, 2023 5:24 AM
Jul 2018
Piromysl said:
There is a current trend, that the worse the Isekai is, the greater are chances of it getting a sequel.
That's why Spirit Chronicles, Gorilla Isekai, Smartphone Isekai and Cheat Something Isekai already did or will receive a sequel.

Season 2 would definitely be liked , We should at least wait for the novel to give its finale, then I think it may come out depending on the situation.
Oct 22, 2023 6:01 AM
Jun 2023
l love season 1. and I am still waiting for season 2
Oct 22, 2023 6:11 AM

Jul 2021
the fact that it hasn't happened can only mean that those who are wise enough to have a lot of money recognize that this is not worth it.

this is a joke, please don't kill my family.
Oct 22, 2023 6:17 AM
Dec 2021
RjtheGreat14 said:
Heck if I got really lucky in crypto I may be the first one to donate so that we can finally get a seson 2 of this!

Read the Light Novels
Oct 22, 2023 6:48 AM
Aug 2020
RjtheGreat14 said:

you can't get lucky in crypto bro
Oct 22, 2023 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
IhnalakoKaina said:
the fact that it hasn't happened can only mean that those who are wise enough to have a lot of money recognize that this is not worth it.

I will find you...
Oct 22, 2023 7:25 AM
Dec 2022
Kawaii_swan said:
I don’t think a second season can easily happen after the first got multiple plagiarism charges. Idk if they cleared those yet but it is a big roadblock.

Why this show got plagiarism charges?
Oct 22, 2023 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
TONY5678 said:
Kawaii_swan said:

copied the works of a pixiv artist
Oct 22, 2023 8:47 AM
Apr 2021
Kawaii_swan said:

I don't see the issue with a different studio picking up the source material and adapting what happens after the first season, though. Why would they have a roadblock on what a prior studio did? Genuinely asking.

Unless you mean to say that the roadblock is the public perception, or the court of public opinion, which honestly I don't think would matter much in whether a Season 2 would be popular enough.

If that isn't what you meant though, I'd appreciate if you could elaborate.
Oct 22, 2023 9:56 AM
Aug 2021
Piromysl said:

specify that cheat isekai something, there are too many with the same name😂😂
Oct 22, 2023 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
I will, since it was an excellent Isekai.
Oct 22, 2023 1:58 PM
Dec 2022
as far as I know the studio is afraid of the possibility of ruining the quality of it ( i read something about this but i don't remember where ) so it's not cancelled and even the author wonders about if there's gonna be a season 2. So there's always a chance for more seasons but idk how are they gonna connect the story after the movie. ( season 1 ended at volume 3 and the movie is volume 6 and in the movie ending there are things that cut )
Oct 22, 2023 2:08 PM

Aug 2021
if i had money still waiting for season 2...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2023 6:31 PM
Sep 2021
I mean if Session 2 for no game no life does come out It might not be better then the 1st. I think it’s more of meeting our as the Watchers expectations.
Oct 22, 2023 7:14 PM
Nov 2022
TONY5678 said:
Kawaii_swan said:

Some of the illustrations used in the LN (covers and such, which Kamiya Yuu did both the art and story for) was found to be heavily traced from art other people posted on pixiv, and if you compare the original and the traced art, you can see the head feels out of place on the traced art.

Apparently the twitter user @rotiflride 's account is suspended so the original thread can't be accessed right now (unless you had the link and used the wayback machine) but I did find this 2014 article
https://www.otakutale.com/2014/no-game-no-life-artist-yuu-kamiya-allegedly-caught-tracing-other-peoples-work/
Oct 22, 2023 8:23 PM
Jun 2022
if i had the money, I'll be happy to invest on that..
Oct 22, 2023 9:26 PM

May 2022
I was on the fence with season 1 but I’d throw some money towards it for the fans of the series because there are shows I’d love to see get additional seasons. I think we all could relate. I would like to see the story develop more as well. Maybe it would change my opinion of it.
Oct 23, 2023 12:54 AM
Apr 2021
AOD-san said:
I would 100% invest
Been waiting too long for a S2 😭

Me too... it's been so long!!!!
Oct 23, 2023 12:30 PM
Apr 2023
Just let it die already this fight will sadly never be won
Oct 23, 2023 1:37 PM

Apr 2018
Just read LN, but be ready for a LOT of ecchi. Although the last one (11, I didn't read 12 so far) got me really hooked up for NGNL universe.
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Oct 23, 2023 2:46 PM
Nov 2022
I readed yesterday that the Autor have nothing against a second season.He mean,he didn't know why the second season isn't coming out.Also he said,the real end is in Light novel 6 and not 3,like in the anime.
Oct 23, 2023 3:38 PM
Feb 2022
ARYN__to said:

it's a really long LN title lmao, something like I Got a Cheat Skill in the Other World and Leveled Up in the Real World Too (that's based off memory so don't quote me lmao)
edit: I responded to the wrong comment and I can't delete, my bad 😔
Juni_JayeOct 23, 2023 3:53 PM
Oct 23, 2023 3:43 PM
Nov 2022
FarukEl-Azim said:
as far as I know the studio is afraid of the possibility of ruining the quality of it ( i read something about this but i don't remember where ) so it's not cancelled and even the author wonders about if there's gonna be a season 2. So there's always a chance for more seasons but idk how are they gonna connect the story after the movie. ( season 1 ended at volume 3 and the movie is volume 6 and in the movie ending there are things that cut )

Yep,it seem that someone already said it.
Oct 23, 2023 3:52 PM
Feb 2022
SuntProstMare said:
Piromysl said:

it's a really long LN title lmao, something like I Got a Cheat Skill in the Other World and Leveled Up in the Real World Too (that's based off memory so don't quote me lmao)
Oct 23, 2023 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
Juni_Jaye said:
ARYN__to said:

Well done! you broke the internet.😺
Oct 24, 2023 1:28 PM
Jun 2017
Juni_Jaye said:
ARYN__to said:

why out of all the cheat isekais (and there is a lot) you picked the only one that was actually decent ?😂
Oct 24, 2023 1:48 PM

Aug 2014
we hope we pray...soon...
Oct 26, 2023 9:08 AM

Mar 2013
I would gladly invest if the funding will actually make the series, however, if the adaptation will be bad because of low funding... think again.

For a series as epic as NGNL. (maybe not to you)
I would certainly care about how they would do it because I love the first one plus the movie.
Making a half-baked sequel is a no-no.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 27, 2023 2:30 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
I would gladly invest if the funding will actually make the series, however, if the adaptation will be bad because of low funding... think again.

For a series as epic as NGNL. (maybe not to you)
I would certainly care about how they would do it because I love the first one plus the movie.
Making a half-baked sequel is a no-no.
@astralkill00 Yeah 1000% I agree we dont want another The Devil's a Part Timer season 2 scenario again with NGNL season 2!
Oct 28, 2023 9:23 AM
Mar 2021
SuntProstMare said:
Piromysl said:

i think it’s my cheat skill is op in another world or smth like that or did i put two titles together?
Oct 30, 2023 2:28 PM
Aug 2021
IhnalakoKaina said:

Too late they’re already gone
Nov 4, 2023 11:51 AM
Jun 2022
Piromysl said:

hope you didn't include tensura among those cos we are gonna have a fight if you do
Nov 11, 2023 3:28 AM

Jul 2015
JOKER228 said:
Piromysl said:

hope you didn't include tensura among those cos we are gonna have a fight if you do

Tensura already has 3rd season in the making, bruv.

Nov 24, 2023 1:18 PM

Sep 2019
Reply to Piromysl
@Piromysl Now that you mention it, you do have a point.
Nov 28, 2023 4:32 PM

Feb 2008
Masshiroi said:
Just read LN, but be ready for a LOT of ecchi. Although the last one (11, I didn't read 12 so far) got me really hooked up for NGNL universe.

F reading, I want pretty colors, cool animation, epic music and great voice acting to support the amazing story. So basically more of everything S1 delivered perfectly.

Reading doesn't have a fraction of the entertainment value. Why would I degrade one of my fave anime ever by stripping it of so many great aspect down to just plain text on paper? Blasphemy~
Nov 28, 2023 7:52 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Revillo_Phoenix
Masshiroi said:

F reading, I want pretty colors, cool animation, epic music and great voice acting to support the amazing story. So basically more of everything S1 delivered perfectly.

Reading doesn't have a fraction of the entertainment value. Why would I degrade one of my fave anime ever by stripping it of so many great aspect down to just plain text on paper? Blasphemy~
@Revillo_Phoenix It's literally the original way the story was MEANT to be consumed.

It also counts with great art by the author himself.
And the art is better and more detailed than the anime.
Nov 28, 2023 8:37 PM

Feb 2008
The original is not necceserily a light novel cause that's how it was MEANT to be consumed but cause writing words down is way cheaper then producing an anime. A single person can write a LN, you need a studio to make an anime. Most productions can't afford to pull that investment risk for an unproven concept. Thus, only those that get the sales as ln or manga may earn the upgrade of anime. XD

If I wanted to make my own anime, I wouldn't be able to make one either, not unless I go throu the LN route too, and I wouldn't do that cause I was meant for it to be an LN, but cause I would have no other choice, that's how the industry works.

And I just like anime better, plain text is plain, no music, no pacing set by directive vision as the pacing is set by how fast each individual reader happens to read (which especially sucks for comedic timing). You can't do any "show, don't tell", in writing you can only ever do expositions. No voice acting to deliver actual emotion. Etc etc etc. To me it's like if we looked at a car, and then you told me to throw away the wheels and seets and everything cause just the engine is better. I'd rather have a whole car then just an engine.

Also I just don't like reading, I have dyslexia so it's a chore to me, fortunately in exchange I have an aptitude to pick up a language by ear to the point where I don't really need to read subtitles anymore either and I got a degree in Japanese.
Revillo_PhoenixNov 28, 2023 8:46 PM
Nov 28, 2023 8:47 PM

Nov 2011
everyone wants one more season, but nobody wants to support the series financially to help make it happen.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.