New
Oct 13, 2023 2:16 AM

Nov 2007
Additional casts and staff
Teaser PV
Winter 2024
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/544893

new key visual
airing on Wednesdays at 24:00 (Thursdays at 0:00 a.m.) JST via TV Tokyo followed by BS TV Tokyo starting January 10, 2024 (11th after midnight)
first two eps. pre-screening event on December 3, 2023
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/549559
tsubasaloverNov 17, 2023 1:54 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 13, 2023 6:44 AM
Oct 2014
okay what is the 1st 2 lines of the synopsis o.o cause it's a must watch
Oct 13, 2023 6:56 AM
May 2011
Hopefully the fact that it is explicitly BL will make it better than Goofy Boss and Cool Douji Danshi
Oct 13, 2023 7:26 AM

Jun 2021
Fail_Man_X said:
Hopefully the fact that it is explicitly BL will make it better than Goofy Boss and Cool Douji Danshi

I never read the manga for those two if they have them, but I’ve read all of Cherry Magic that is available and it is VERY MUCH a BL. It’s such a cute and goofy romance and the side couple (also shown in the video) is just as good.

I guess there’s the chance they’ll water it down but, from the description and the PV, I don’t think they’re going to so it should be adorable.
Oct 13, 2023 8:02 AM
May 2011
Reply to Haylen
Fail_Man_X said:

I never read the manga for those two if they have them, but I’ve read all of Cherry Magic that is available and it is VERY MUCH a BL. It’s such a cute and goofy romance and the side couple (also shown in the video) is just as good.

I guess there’s the chance they’ll water it down but, from the description and the PV, I don’t think they’re going to so it should be adorable.
@HaylenGrey

Good to know the BL tag is legit, and I can watch the show for the romance if the comedy isn't landing for me.
Oct 13, 2023 9:25 AM

Feb 2021
Hope for more than 12 episodes to air!
Oct 13, 2023 11:26 AM
Jul 2016
Reply to PastalNightMare
okay what is the 1st 2 lines of the synopsis o.o cause it's a must watch
@PastalNightMare

It's actually a pretty common Japanese internet legend that if you remain a virgin past 30 years old, that you become a wizard.

But it sounds absolutely absurd and hilarious if you're hearing it for the first time lmaooooo. I feel like if it were true, you would be seeing a ton of wizards (especially considering Japan's declining birth rate).

Anyway, I'm so excited for the anime!
Oct 13, 2023 3:20 PM

Jan 2010
For those who have read the source material...this series is still ongoing right? According to baka-updates manga, there's 11 volumes ongoing in JP.
Also, is this one of those series where it takes a gazillion chapters before the couple is actually in a 100% fully committed romantic relationship?

I've seen this happen with other long-running BL manga, where the story gets dragged out for an eternity and progression with the couple's relationship moves at a snail's space. And then the author gets side tracked and starts focusing on other couples as well.

So I'm curious how far the anime will get into the manga. Highly highly doubt it will be more than 12 episodes, since BL tv anime is still so niche. Would probably be too costly to do more than 12 episodes unfortunately
Oct 14, 2023 3:15 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to giveup-the-ghost
For those who have read the source material...this series is still ongoing right? According to baka-updates manga, there's 11 volumes ongoing in JP.
Also, is this one of those series where it takes a gazillion chapters before the couple is actually in a 100% fully committed romantic relationship?

I've seen this happen with other long-running BL manga, where the story gets dragged out for an eternity and progression with the couple's relationship moves at a snail's space. And then the author gets side tracked and starts focusing on other couples as well.

So I'm curious how far the anime will get into the manga. Highly highly doubt it will be more than 12 episodes, since BL tv anime is still so niche. Would probably be too costly to do more than 12 episodes unfortunately
@giveup-the-ghost

It's actually 12 vols already. And no, it's not one of those. Chapter 15 has a confession and by chapter 17 it's confirmed mutual, so they're together by vol 3. There's a second couple, but they don't have nearly as much focus compared to the main one.

This series has a very popular Japanese live action as well as the upcoming Korean one. So at least you'll have an alternative to watch unlike some other BL.
Oct 14, 2023 8:21 PM
Dec 2022
Fail_Man_X said:

Goofy Boss is BL? Fr???
Oct 14, 2023 9:59 PM
Dec 2022
KoKoJin81 said:
@CheliosX

No, it's not. Just a slice of life show.

Oh good good. Means I'm safe then.
Oct 22, 2023 12:02 AM

Jun 2020
I adore the drama adapation of this series, more than the original source material that is the manga (which I have also read...), but either way, I'm still going to watch this lol. My fudanshi dreams are coming true left and right... first they're making a thai drama adaption of Cherry Magic, now an anime, AND a thai drama adaption of Kieta Hatsukoi? All I can pray for now is an anime adapation of Kieta Hatsukoi.... then my fantasy would come true...
Nov 4, 2023 1:34 AM

Aug 2008
Ah, didn't knew will have an anime adaptation too. I only saw the live action and about in December to see the thai one :)))
The spider is watching
Nov 15, 2023 7:04 PM

Apr 2015
The drama version is so good, the two main actors were outstandingly cute. Wonder if the anime version can live up to that
Nov 15, 2023 10:13 PM
Jan 2009
I have never been so excited for a show in my life.
Dec 19, 2023 2:15 PM

Apr 2022
I just knew about the manga and now I see the adaptation.
Waiting for this :
Jan 2, 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
I can't wait !!!!!
Jan 4, 12:17 AM

Nov 2020
Aaaah I'm so excited for this one. The manga has been one of my absolute faves and even though I liked the live action, I prefer the sassy personality that Adachi has in the original work. Seriously I'm so excited for this anime!!
Jan 5, 7:45 AM

Sep 2020
Looks like nor CrunchyRoll or HIDIVE picked this one up. Either CrunchyRoll announces this and anime like Pon no Michi later or they will just be forgotten about
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 7:57 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Yuri_Niji
Looks like nor CrunchyRoll or HIDIVE picked this one up. Either CrunchyRoll announces this and anime like Pon no Michi later or they will just be forgotten about
@Yuri_Niji, let's hope that some fansubber takes it soon. I would like to watch it too!
Jan 10, 9:22 PM

Nov 2015
So did crunchyroll get it or is it going to be fan subbed?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Jan 10, 11:49 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to Old_School_Akira
So did crunchyroll get it or is it going to be fan subbed?
@Old_School_Akira They picked it up last minute. Here: https://www.crunchyroll.com/series/GP5HJ8435/cherry-magic-thirty-years-of-virginity-can-make-you-a-wizard
Jan 12, 12:01 AM
Jan 2021
Highly recommend the live action adaptation of the same name also on cruncyroll. So good!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 27

69 by JoeRippa »»
Today, 9:30 AM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 7

32 by kur0ba »»
Jun 2, 10:46 AM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 2 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jan 17

43 by kur0ba »»
May 30, 12:35 PM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 20

39 by Fairytelly »»
May 25, 7:40 PM

Poll: » 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 13

16 by Fairytelly »»
May 24, 6:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.