Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2023 1:45 PM
Dec 2018
I have read the manga until the last chapter and I still not understand why Satoru had to kill Geto. I think the better option would be to put him in a jail and keep him alive, trying to make his best friend realize the things he did weren't the right way to solve sorcerer problems. I don't feel like Geto could kill Gojo.
Oct 8, 2023 3:04 PM
Dec 2016
He had killed way too many humans by that point - no way the higher-ups would have allowed him to be spared.

Remember that Gojo couldn't even convince them to spare the innocent kid Yuuji - just DELAY his execution.
Oct 8, 2023 3:15 PM
Apr 2021
His death sentence at that point was suspended for a decade, after the parade he caused too much public disturbance and caused the deaths of many sources and those involved in the jujutsu world, along with major damages to both the High School, shinjuku and Kyoto. In his condition he was half death anyways, Gojo opposing the execution would’ve been met with great pushback from everyone including Yuta. The choice was to kill him (objectively deserved) or uproot all of Jujutsu Society drastically.
Oct 8, 2023 3:34 PM
Jan 2022
The top dogs wouldn't spare Yuji, who as innocent so why would they spare Geto who killed thousands
Oct 8, 2023 3:39 PM
Aug 2021
The other thing too is that Geto was already on his last legs so he would’ve died a painful slow death if Gojo didn’t do it right there
Oct 8, 2023 4:41 PM
Jan 2021
I think it's because he's too dangerous and Gojo had already disregarded the assignment so it was kinda showing his change. Plus a bit of a mercy killing with those injuries.

But yeah I think the main thing is his threat level. Just like how Yuji and Nobara said they wouldn't have been able to hold the two Death Paintings so they would've been killed either way
Oct 8, 2023 6:29 PM
May 2021
Pretty sure Geto was on the verge of death
It was more of a mercy kill to end his suffering
Oct 8, 2023 6:31 PM

May 2020
SPOILERS FOR SEASON2
-
-
-
-
-
-

It was really brief, but (spoilers) in Season 2 of the anime, when Geto first killed the humans, he was sentenced to execution. It is an obvious crime in Jujutsu world to hurt let alone kills those who you need to protect.

So Gojo really had no choice but to kill him, because he needed to be executed.
Taken by Claire Stanfield 2013-Present <3
Oct 8, 2023 9:02 PM
Apr 2021
The only way for Geto to redeem himself is through death he killed far too many ppl to be kept alive🤷🏽‍♂️
Oct 8, 2023 11:40 PM
Dec 2018
Reply to Arjun_Manoj
He had killed way too many humans by that point - no way the higher-ups would have allowed him to be spared.

Remember that Gojo couldn't even convince them to spare the innocent kid Yuuji - just DELAY his execution.
@Arjun_Manoj I agree but he said he would fight agaisnt Tengen and all the sorcerer society if Riko didn't want to merge with Tengen, but he can't fight for his best friend? The only answer I find in this is that he changed his mind along the years, but I remember Gojo saying he wanted to destroy all the higher-ups in seasson 1
Oct 8, 2023 11:49 PM
Dec 2016
DarKViVi66 said:
@Arjun_Manoj I agree but he said he would fight agaisnt Tengen and all the sorcerer society if Riko didn't want to merge with Tengen, but he can't fight for his best friend? The only answer I find in this is that he changed his mind along the years, but I remember Gojo saying he wanted to destroy all the higher-ups in seasson 1

Riko was an innocent child. Geto had killed SO many innocent people by that point. Can't believe you don't see the difference.

Think of the person you love the most in real life - if it turns out that he/she was secretly a serial pedophile or something, would YOU still do everything in your power to save them from the punishment they deserve? If you WOULD, then it would be incredibly wrong & unjust to their victims. What the higher-ups think aside, Gojo himself (along with those whose opinions he actually cares about - like Principal Yaga, Yuuta etc) is mature & has a decent enough moral compass to know the same.
Oct 9, 2023 12:57 AM
Dec 2018
Reply to Arjun_Manoj
DarKViVi66 said:

Riko was an innocent child. Geto had killed SO many innocent people by that point. Can't believe you don't see the difference.

Think of the person you love the most in real life - if it turns out that he/she was secretly a serial pedophile or something, would YOU still do everything in your power to save them from the punishment they deserve? If you WOULD, then it would be incredibly wrong & unjust to their victims. What the higher-ups think aside, Gojo himself (along with those whose opinions he actually cares about - like Principal Yaga, Yuuta etc) is mature & has a decent enough moral compass to know the same.
@Arjun_Manoj I see it better now that you put that example in real life ^^
Oct 9, 2023 1:21 AM

Mar 2023
In s2e5 this is after geto murdered a lot of people, gojo does let him go. So he did change his mind at some point
Oct 10, 2023 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
I'd like to add to what the others said and point out that the final thread snapped for Gojo once Geto went for the young ones. They both sort of strive for the well being and nurturing of younger sorcerers in their own ways, but Geto kinda lost it for Rika and her potential.
Gojo first and foremost voices his disgust at Geto for not even caring about the young sorcerers anymore, when they meet at the end.

I'd say Gojo finally realised then that the friend he knew back then was too far gone.
Oct 14, 2023 1:52 PM
Mar 2021
Fr fck that bih for killing my man
Jan 16, 2:40 AM

Aug 2019
The guy literally wanted to kill all non-sorcerer humans and his scheme actually did get some people killed, not to mention the sheer amount of destruction in Kyoto and Shinjuku that was caused because of his plan. Considering how dangerous he was, killing him was the most practical solution.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2021

384 by damien1579 »»
May 11, 4:57 PM

» Yuta should had been the protagonist of the Whole Series ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Sep 20, 2022

50 by Ant161718 »»
Apr 2, 9:37 PM

» is it too late

Oya-Oya - Mar 26

20 by acension_986 »»
Mar 28, 9:07 AM

» NOW is the perfect time to watch this after EP1-5 on S02

xXTensaZenXx - Aug 3, 2023

12 by kiyokaii2001 »»
Feb 11, 8:18 PM

» Do I watch this before or after JJK ( 1 2 )

ThisAaugh - Aug 10, 2023

54 by Allvsion »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.