Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2023 9:30 PM

Oct 2019
Wow, seeing the group of friends from alternative. They really focused on her reminiscing on the past. And seems like maybe she’s lost her sexual drive maybe?
And harumi is a terrorist for medical mechanical? And great we see harumi give us more service. Sad she was wasted by that bullet
Wow, the tower lookin like a brain. The sky looked nice with Kana in the helicopter.
“Your sexual energy will open the doorway to a brand new world.” Great quote
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Oct 7, 2023 9:58 PM

Mar 2014
It's nice to see how the girls from Alternative grew up, although Kana's still hurting from Pets' departure. So much so that it messed up her NO and slowed down plans on whatever they were planning to do with her to start that tower. Wonder how this will wrap up next ep with all the alternate-reality ghosts...
Oct 8, 2023 1:35 AM

Oct 2012
A problem that all the other seasons seem to have is that they tried way too hard to be FLCL.. but Shoegaze is trying to be something entirely different, so that's neat.
Oct 8, 2023 5:10 PM
Oct 2022
The episode was great and we can see that Shoegaze is more different then your usual FLCL. Still love it
Tho my subtitles are desynced does anyone know a site that doesn't hate it?
Oct 8, 2023 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
Well this is matching the craziness of FLCL OG and Alternative. I'm really liking this show. That was some ending for episode 2. Let's see how they end this. I will lsay some of the panty shots is a bit much though. I do get the point at least.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 8, 2023 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to xspookydarknessx
A problem that all the other seasons seem to have is that they tried way too hard to be FLCL.. but Shoegaze is trying to be something entirely different, so that's neat.
@xspookydarknessx I don't think so as it has that energy and insanity that you look for in FLCL. Besides a lot of people that bash the sequels claim the people behind it didn't watch the OG. So it's bizarre figuring out this discourse.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 8, 2023 9:03 PM
Aug 2021
Main plot was a cluster fuck, but I loved the Kana lore.
Oct 9, 2023 12:32 PM

Apr 2019
I am absolutely loving this.

Loving all the call backs to Alternative. Hearing Mossan and Hijire again was a nice. Seeing Kana talk to Pets (to herself) and her seeing all these kids that mirror her and her friends, is very bittersweet. Though I am happy to see she still has Pets' hairpin, as shown on her coming of age kimono and in her car. Also a bit sad to see how the fallout from Pets leaving for Mars still affects Kana. Tho it seems like her unloading on Harumi, and Harumi's response made her realize something. It's a great scene but it's a shame that it ends with Harumi getting shot. Sooooo I can imagine Masaki losing it a little since he just came to the realization that he's fallen in love with her.

Honestly, I am loving Shoegaze so far. It's doing something similar yet different than the previous FLCLs which feels quite refreshing. Not to say that Grunge didn't either. But unlike Grunge, I'm more invested in what's going on here.

Excited to see how they wrap this up!
Oct 9, 2023 8:57 PM

Mar 2019
Still not enjoying this. I really dislike the Alternative characters. Makes me wish they would have gone with an entirely new crew and setting instead.
Oct 10, 2023 12:18 AM

Jun 2012
Thankfully AS/WB has killed this series off now for good.

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/1710428948512068080

Oct 10, 2023 9:35 PM

Dec 2018
that was...awful. i mean it was sad, not that the show was bad.
Oct 11, 2023 2:17 AM
Jun 2023
This is actually better than Grunge and it hits closer to the OG and seeing Kana again was nice and seeing that she has issues and still missing pets after everything and this is actually what would have happened if Naota took Amarao's footsteps and there was some symbolism in this episode and also I think Alternative and Shoegaze deserve better than the score's that are given because they are still close to being like the OG and still provide something diffrent(I'm not saying that they're better than OG, they are are close to the OG than Progressive and Grunge, please MAL, UPDATE THEY'RE SCORES PLZ AND Masaki was cool too and that ending was surprising, heartbreaking and bittersweet (pun intended).
Oct 12, 2023 8:38 AM

Jan 2021
Look... I know this probablly isn't everyones favourite, but I really think this is adding a lot to the FLCL world...
Oct 12, 2023 9:17 AM

Jan 2010
I never particularly liked the original FLCL but this and Alternative have some unconventional charm to them. Too bad Shoegaze is so short and it looks like the coolest character is gone :( .
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 13, 2023 8:55 AM
Aug 2020
It's just as bad as all the other non-og season
Oct 24, 2023 3:53 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This is another level of whack.
Nov 1, 2023 5:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
He discovered taht love Harumi!!!
kekeke
Nov 4, 2023 8:12 AM

Nov 2010
Harumi is so sexually appealing. I'm amazed Masaki can control his lust instead of having his way with her and screwing her then and there cause if I were him, with the way Harumi gets physically close and shows her sexy parts, oh man, I would r*pe her!

I miss Hijiri! I wonder what she looks like now.
"Even though the world around us looks the same, we're getting older with each passing second." Damn, that is so relatable.

The scenes of Kana missing her younger years are so relatable. There was also a time when I thought I'd never reached adulthood, and here I am, still in denial that I'm already an adult. I really miss my college days and the 2000-2010. The best decade of my life!
Nov 14, 2023 4:29 AM

Aug 2017
The candy shower moment was nice to look at (visually) but otherwise it's kind of a nothingburger. Not that you can expect anything from an FLCL sequel.

More topics from this board

Poll: » FLCL: Shoegaze Episode 3 Discussion

FireRifle64 - Oct 14, 2023

30 by asbest0sdust »»
Jan 25, 11:00 PM

» Adult Swim says no more FLCL anime in the works

deg - Oct 13, 2023

12 by HibiChika »»
Jan 23, 2:51 PM

Poll: » FLCL: Shoegaze Episode 1 Discussion

TheBlockernator - Sep 30, 2023

26 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:39 AM

» FLCL's sequel approach is okay for what it is.

Wiziliz - Mar 18, 2022

17 by Francis_0 »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:16 AM

» Is it me or does this one actually look decent?

JoestarEISH_020 - Sep 27, 2023

2 by removed-user »»
Oct 13, 2023 1:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.