Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2023 2:08 PM
Apr 2023
I’m not fully finished with hellsing but so far it seems to have a different plot than ultimate even though things like charcters and events are similar. So I was wondering is it actually different or will it eventually just mirror ultimate. It also seems integrals charcter has better interaction and personality than ultimate almost more realistic does anyone else think the same?
Oct 6, 2023 2:14 PM
May 2023
They have different stories with minor events being the same
Oct 6, 2023 2:24 PM
Aug 2022
From what I remember which isn’t much cause I watched this ages ago. The stories are somewhat different.

From what I heard hellsing ultimate covers the manga properly.
Oct 6, 2023 2:27 PM

Apr 2015
Hellsing altered and changed things near its end but Ultimate follows the manga closely.
Watch both tbh.
Oct 6, 2023 2:47 PM
Jul 2022
Both are very good
Oct 6, 2023 5:08 PM
Nov 2019
Hellsing Ultimate definitely.
Oct 6, 2023 5:59 PM
Jan 2022
The first half of Hellsing 2001 mirrors the first episode of Ultimate somewhat, but Ultimate’s version is very rushed for the first episode. Also yeah I like the personalities of characters more in the 2001 version, along with the art style, character development, and music
Shadow_Master8Oct 6, 2023 6:04 PM
Oct 6, 2023 6:57 PM

Jan 2023
They're very similar in tone and style but the plot strays pretty significantly by about halfway through. OG does its own thing while Ultimate sticks close to the manga. Both are excellent, but if you were to only watch one I would personally recommend Ultimate.
Oct 6, 2023 7:15 PM

Jan 2015
They’re rather different plot wise, Ultimate focuses more on the action meanwhile the 2002 series seems to focus on character development, especially for Seras. I personally prefer Ultimate more but I enjoy that the 2002 ones focuses on developing the characters more, Ultimate doesn’t focus much time into doing that.
Oct 7, 2023 12:49 AM
Jul 2023
hellsing is to fullmetal alchemist as ultimate is to brotherhood. both brotherhood and ultimate are closer manga adaptations while the originals were exactly that. original stories. ultimate is leagues better. i thought regular hellsing was pretty bad.
Oct 7, 2023 2:38 AM

Oct 2020
the original hellsing was made before the manga was finished, so it has a very diffrent story (later half) compared to ultimate. (still descent, but ulrimate is a must watch for vampire fans)
Oct 7, 2023 2:47 AM
Aug 2021
Both are kinda edgy trash‎.
Like, you dive inside a dumpster looking for gold and end up pinned by heroin needles. Although, in the right mindset, you might enjoy the high you get from the heroin leftovers. Doesn't take away from the fact you probably now have AIDS, tho. Both require a severe dose of SHUT-YOUR-BRAIN-OFF OR-YOU-WILL-GET-BRAINROT. I admit I did enjoy it when I watched the original but I will never recover for whatever the hell Ultimate was, yet, I am pretty sure my preteen self would have loved it!
AnimaticideOct 7, 2023 2:51 AM
Oct 7, 2023 9:52 AM
Jan 2023
Hellsing ultimate is the ultimate hellsing experience, it follows the manga the animation is great and even the dub is perfect
Oct 7, 2023 11:10 AM
Apr 2023
Animaticide said:
Like, you dive inside a dumpster looking for gold and end up pinned by heroin needles. Although, in the right mindset, you might enjoy the high you get from the heroin leftovers. Doesn't take away from the fact you probably now have AIDS, tho. Both require a severe dose of SHUT-YOUR-BRAIN-OFF OR-YOU-WILL-GET-BRAINROT. I admit I did enjoy it when I watched the original but I will never recover for whatever the hell Ultimate was, yet, I am pretty sure my preteen self would have loved it!

To be fair I am 16 😓 although I just enjoy things in general not very picky
Oct 7, 2023 1:43 PM
Aug 2021
nobody886 said:
Animaticide said:

To be fair I am 16 😓 although I just enjoy things in general not very picky

That is the right mindset. You're ready to dive in. Enjoy!
Oct 7, 2023 10:05 PM
Apr 2022
one has better music one has better story
Oct 10, 2023 1:23 AM
Aug 2021
They have different stories and Hellsing is original one.
And I think Hellsing is better
Oct 10, 2023 1:55 PM
Mar 2022
The original sucks imo, but that's because I hated the villian because he was ugly. Ultimate is awesome, but the abridged version by TFS will always be peak.
Oct 10, 2023 6:12 PM
Apr 2023
Ok so I finished hellsing and ultimate I honestly like both and wish they where combined because hellsing had better character development and interaction where as ultimate had better action and sinister villain ofc having a vampire of “equal” standing as a villain is a concept I enjoyed
Oct 11, 2023 9:33 AM
Jan 2021
Shadow_Master8 said:
The first half of Hellsing 2001 mirrors the first episode of Ultimate somewhat, but Ultimate’s version is very rushed for the first episode. Also yeah I like the personalities of characters more in the 2001 version, along with the art style, character development, and music

yeah seras had a much more gradual character arc that I preferred.
Oct 13, 2023 6:44 AM
Dec 2018
There’s no comparison, hellsing og deviates from the manga after a few episodes. Ultimate covers the manga. I’ve watched both and read the manga and I just can’t stomach the original, love the animation style though.
Oct 13, 2023 6:44 AM
Dec 2018
dxath said:
Hellsing ultimate is the ultimate hellsing experience, it follows the manga the animation is great and even the dub is perfect

The dub is unwatchable for me but I’m glad someone enjoys it!
Oct 14, 2023 10:36 PM
Nov 2022
I was 31 when the Ultimate series ended, and I can say it was kinda fun. Total overkill, but visually stunning.

The main problem with this show is that you can guess how every fight is going to end and it'll destroy a lot of suspense.

I would recommend the Ultimate, but watch 'em both if you can/want.
Oct 15, 2023 4:49 PM
Mar 2020
Ultimate should always be the go-to first experience (assuming you aren't reading the manga first). The original Gonzo Hellsing adaptation is genuinely terrible. I have no clue why people say it has better character development, it's like a quarter of the length of Ultimate so it cuts out most of the cast's major scenes. Seras, despite getting (maybe) a larger proportion of screen time in the 2001 version, still has more development scenes in Ultimate.

Then add in the massive gap in production value between Gonzo Hellsing and Ultimate. There's really no competition here, the animation is extremely consistent and high quality in Ultimate whereas in the original it's kinda hilariously cheap at times. Everything the original adds that wasn't in the manga is really bad and poorly executed.

More topics from this board

» Way worse than hellsing ultimate

I_0_dont_0_know - May 9

11 by AkiFra »»
May 17, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KillthisAccount - Dec 23, 2009

75 by BSLJUKZX »»
May 17, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Episode 8 Discussion

KillthisAccount - Dec 22, 2009

33 by liliyoa »»
Apr 23, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Episode 4 Discussion

KillthisAccount - Dec 21, 2009

31 by liliyoa »»
Apr 16, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Episode 12 Discussion

KillthisAccount - Dec 23, 2009

31 by bubba460z »»
Feb 25, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.