Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 6, 2023 1:32 AM
Mar 2021
the first as well as last episode of this season were 10/10 something I still remember to this day,i will even go as far as saying that the first episode of Tokyo ghoul is best in all of anime ( at least for me )

but everything in between those 2 episode was boring when I first watched it
Oct 6, 2023 2:05 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Phantom_373
Zero01guard said:
I know all about skip somethings and manga even first season is so much better than anime, but anime for charachter design and art I think did a better job even better than manga except kaneki. Rize in anime is so much beautiful. But just for season 1 not for other seasons.
Anime in term of voice acting, soundtrack, character design, directing, animation did a great job specially for ep 12
I mean ep 12 has everything, if we ignore the skip all things from manga.

You can actually enjoy the first 2 seasons of Tokyo ghoul a lot of you don’t compare it to the manga. If you do compare it to the anime then only season 1 is decent. I mean season 2 is just a entirely different story.

The third season is trash though regardless.

I highly recommend you pick up the manga. It does everything better. The art is incredible and the story actually makes sense.
@Phantom_373 I agree, manga is so much better
Oct 6, 2023 2:11 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Lovemangy
BDMax said:
the anime in general made it censored. compared to the manga.

I agree that the anime was censored one day. I hope they make a remake of: Tokyo Ghoul, Soul Eater, full metal alchemist, god of high school, black butler, claymore, Deadman Wonderland, d gray man, promised neverland, and record of Ragnorok
@Lovemangy I hope so
Oct 6, 2023 2:49 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to RehDelGarden
Episode 12 was good but I don't it was one of the best anime eps ever because there are just far better options for example like aot, bleach, code geass, so yeah i don't agree with you

Also are u new to anime?
@RehDelGarden no my friend, actually I think code geass, Fullmetal,aot are best anime of all time
And I mostly watch psychological animes
Like fate zero, garden of sinners, ghost in shell, psycho pass...

Ep 12 is one the best, not because of action scene, actually because of psychological scenes, that how kaneki turning the another person, how his beliefs and Ideals changed
And all his kindness too.
Oct 6, 2023 5:30 AM
Dec 2018
Zero01guard said:
I know all about skip somethings and manga even first season is so much better than anime, but anime for charachter design and art I think did a better job even better than manga except kaneki. Rize in anime is so much beautiful. But just for season 1 not for other seasons.
Anime in term of voice acting, soundtrack, character design, directing, animation did a great job specially for ep 12

Defs read the manga then dude! It gets better!
Oct 6, 2023 6:19 AM
Apr 2022
Zero01guard said:

one piece of ADVICE from your ANIME senpai who have watched 150+ anime

# read the manga side by side with every anime EPISODE...if you don't you will regret a lot
remember side by side with each episode...it was my fav so listen to me
Oct 6, 2023 6:35 AM
May 2023
Episode 12 is actually good, Kaneki doing somethings after that is just straight up nonsense though. They could add more details to his actions in season 2 which they totally skipped over. I've also heard that Kaneki's torture was skipped but it was still pretty brutal, so ngl the whole first season and episode 12 is amazing.
Oct 6, 2023 8:20 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to WVM
Zero01guard said:

one piece of ADVICE from your ANIME senpai who have watched 150+ anime

# read the manga side by side with every anime EPISODE...if you don't you will regret a lot
remember side by side with each episode...it was my fav so listen to me
@WVM if you mean tokyo ghoul, I already read it 3 times
Oct 6, 2023 8:21 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Gantz-613
Zero01guard said:

Defs read the manga then dude! It gets better!
@Gantz-613 I know my friend I read it 3 times
Oct 6, 2023 9:57 AM
Oct 2022
YES, ITS MY FAV ANIME EPISODE OF ALL TIME.

It also follows it up with an excellent scene in the second season at around the 8-10 minute mark.
However, rest of the series is so dissapointing, it makes you want to cry. I have finally decided to start reading manga just to see what actually happens in season 2 (they came up with an original storyline so it made sense to me later why it was so dissapointing)
Oct 6, 2023 11:09 AM
Apr 2021
whatever may be the anime be but one has to agree all the songs, osts and soundtracks were just too good and on point
Oct 6, 2023 11:26 AM

Feb 2019
Tokyo Ghoul was one my first anime ever & is essentially the show that got me into anime so I know how you feel. Although it doesn't rank as I high on my list as it did when I fist started watching anime, it still has a special place in my heart despite it's shortcomings. and Yes episode 12 was fantastic & still is very good in my opinion.
Oct 6, 2023 5:43 PM

Dec 2019
Tokyo Ghoul was one of the shows I started out with and episode 12 is still one of the hardest ep of all time. This was one of my favorite phases in anime, I was so sucked into the era where anime fans weren't judgemental towards each other and it wasn't mainstream

Episode 12 was so tense, edgy, makes you rage, gory but most of all, it has the greatest OP oat
Oct 7, 2023 12:07 AM
Dec 2022
Zero01guard said:

I'd say both S1 and S2 had pretty good artstyle (since they basically kept similar artstyle in both). Plus the Ost's in both seasons were fantastic. For S3/re Part 1 and 2, Manga is infinitely better (as it improved artstyle) unlike Anime which felt really washed out.
Oct 8, 2023 7:37 AM
Nov 2021
BDMax said:
and just ignore the fact that that season ends mid arc?

idk how you feel about that, but that's just a terrible decision.
not even talking about how awfully censored the torture scene is.

I am f**king traumatized just from hearing the screams and blood splatter, and you want even more uncensored?
Oct 9, 2023 7:40 PM
Jun 2020
💯 percent... the climatic build up, the fade in of the OP song, the foreshadowing, actually seeing him break; the payback, so satisfying...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

846 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
May 8, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.