Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 3, 2023 11:05 AM
Apr 2019
Saw the filler list and its quire a lot. The whole second season is labelled as filler. So, should I skip them or watch them?

https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/black-butler
Oct 3, 2023 11:22 AM
Aug 2018
i would personally skip it just because the second season does not serve any purpose at all. I don't remember what happens at the end of season 1 but that also is filler.

To watch the entirety without filler;

half of season 1 up until the Curry competitin arc when they meet Agni. (finish that episode with the curry competition btw).

skip to season 3 and watch fully.

then watch the book of murders OVA and the movie book of atlantic.

I apologize in advanced if the names sound weird or if I miss an episode or 2 in season 1, it's been over 10+ years since I've followed the series but continue to hold it close to my heart ❤️
Oct 3, 2023 11:43 AM
Sep 2019
Yes skip them. I did that and this anime was amazing because of that decision. It became one of my favorites🔥
Oct 3, 2023 12:05 PM
Mar 2023
skip (xgjggufuj)
Oct 3, 2023 2:48 PM
Oct 2016
I personally would watch them, just because it's not like it's a super long anime anyways. Or you can always come back to them later. Next season is set for 2024 so you'll have lots of time before we get any new anime content.
Oct 3, 2023 3:40 PM
Apr 2021
Shriyansh99 said:
Saw the filler list and its quire a lot. The whole second season is labelled as filler. So, should I skip them or watch them?

https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/black-butler

its very simple actually
if you're trying to watch it just to check it on Mal as an obligation to finish stuff related to the show then dont, its not necessary
if you liked the main show and want more of the same stuff while having characters you like getting more screentime then watch it
s2 will firstly present you with a "ciel 2.0" thats there to clash against ciel himself. the story isnt as engaging as the first season's but it has some very satisfying moments
Oct 3, 2023 4:59 PM

Aug 2017
I did like the anime original ending for season 1 at the time. Season 2 tries some kinda interesting stuff but just isn't anywhere as good as the original story went and turns really weird the longer it goes on. You can watch them if you want but you should remember that they are very different in style, themes and quality than the actual story is.
Oct 3, 2023 7:22 PM
Apr 2019
ok, guess I will watch them all. Thanks
Oct 3, 2023 8:10 PM
Apr 2020
Shriyansh99 said:
ok, guess I will watch them all. Thanks

definitely would skip imo
Oct 3, 2023 11:36 PM
Sep 2021
i like how the fandom is like " all of S2 is filler skip it it's bad!! " when S1 which is considered a good season is literally 75% filler lol

anyway, if you like the show watch them, if you're not interested Don't
Oct 5, 2023 5:22 PM
Jun 2023
Go ahead and skip them… I only watched the fillers because I thought it would help me get used to characters and stuff (it kinda helped 😅)

Like I said just skip over it and if you’re bored one day then you could watch it to pass time.
Oct 8, 2023 4:58 PM
Dec 2021
I think if the question "should I skip the fillers" comes up my answer will always be: either watch it in its entirety or just don't watch it at all. Fillers do exist for a reason and how can anyone say that certain episodes don't matter at all to the plot when everyone has different definitions of what that truly looks like. Not to mention anime and manga are allowed to exist separately so just because season 2 is not canon in Kuroshituji manga doesn't mean it's useless or "filler". Like 3/4th of Kurpshitsuji season 1 is silly and can be considered filler even though every episode does bring something to the story even if it's just character building. Season two is it's own unique story but that doesn't make it bad just because it's not manga canon, the story for season two was STILL CREATED by the mangaka... If you want strictly the canon manga story then.. read the manga!! Seriously Just watch stuff as it's intended to be watched and if that's irritating to you then you simply don't like the show and have the free will to give up. To me it just sounds like nobody wants to actually watch anime when all we hear about is skipping fillers. Like maybe somethings are just uninteresting to you and your attention span while other things are the opposite.. and that's okay!!
diavoppioOct 8, 2023 5:04 PM
Oct 31, 2023 11:47 AM
Apr 2019
Reply to diavoppio
I think if the question "should I skip the fillers" comes up my answer will always be: either watch it in its entirety or just don't watch it at all. Fillers do exist for a reason and how can anyone say that certain episodes don't matter at all to the plot when everyone has different definitions of what that truly looks like. Not to mention anime and manga are allowed to exist separately so just because season 2 is not canon in Kuroshituji manga doesn't mean it's useless or "filler". Like 3/4th of Kurpshitsuji season 1 is silly and can be considered filler even though every episode does bring something to the story even if it's just character building. Season two is it's own unique story but that doesn't make it bad just because it's not manga canon, the story for season two was STILL CREATED by the mangaka... If you want strictly the canon manga story then.. read the manga!! Seriously Just watch stuff as it's intended to be watched and if that's irritating to you then you simply don't like the show and have the free will to give up. To me it just sounds like nobody wants to actually watch anime when all we hear about is skipping fillers. Like maybe somethings are just uninteresting to you and your attention span while other things are the opposite.. and that's okay!!
@diavoppio Maybe some people want purely manga canon but with animation, music and voice acting. In which case, they'd watch the anime but skip the filler. Plus, if you want to watch everything Book of Circus onward, you kind of *have* to skip Season 2/the filler in S1, since the two contract each other's existences.
Oct 31, 2023 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah they aren't really canon so i'd say skip all of them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nehnehneji - Oct 2, 2008

215 by yami-no-tenshii »»
Yesterday, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 25, 2009

98 by Sun_Chan »»
May 5, 2:55 AM

Poll: » Favorite Servant?

RuuryMercury - Jun 24, 2015

4 by Sun_Chan »»
May 5, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 17, 2009

85 by Sun_Chan »»
May 5, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

70 by Sun_Chan »»
May 5, 2:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.