Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2023 11:07 PM

Nov 2010
I liked Mushoku Tensei before this season, not to the point that it was my favorite isekai, but it was a fun good show with some nice twists and great production values.
This season had abysmal pacing, that actually managed to make me get completely bored of the show.

Just to show what I mean, a little exercise:
In this season Rudy becomes impotent, because of the depression the previous seasons happening created, and to cure that depression he followed the gods guidance to wizardy school, where he spend 90% of the season being oblivious and depressed until he discovered his childhood friend and got his depression (and impotence) cured by her.

With this, you know most of the things that happened in the season in one sentence and in general the whole season could have been shown in 3 episodes. Especially compared to previous seasons there was a massive lack of things happening, in a time span that was quite long.

Not sure if I will tune in the next time the story rolls around, because this was a dumpster fire.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2023 11:17 PM
Mar 2022
zwolf12 said:
I liked Mushoku Tensei before this season, not to the point that it was my favorite isekai, but it was a fun good show with some nice twists and great production values.
This season had abysmal pacing, that actually managed to make me get completely bored of the show.

In this season Rudy becomes impotent, because of the depression the previous seasons happening created, and to cure that depression he followed the gods guidance to wizardy school, where he spend 90% of the season being oblivious and depressed until he discovered his childhood friend and got his depression (and impotence) cured by her.

With this, you know most of the things that happened in the season in one sentence and in general the whole season could have been shown in 3 episodes. Especially compared to previous seasons there was a massive lack of things happening, in a time span that was quite long.

Not sure if I will tune in the next time the story rolls around, because this was a dumpster fire.

No I mean everyone has their own taste but according to 'me' the pacing was nice enough gave room to world building, we have a part 2 scheduled for April 2024, where you will get to see the fights and all that because we are over with this one
It's just long anime are like this, in one piece we have sometimes 100 Episodes like this so you can't argue with that because they hold that importance but after they suck at pacing
Sep 26, 2023 11:33 PM
Feb 2021
I like how there is a dichotomy between LN readers and anime only viewers. Anime viewers say that pacing was slow while ln readers like me say the pacing was fast lol because if you'd read the ln, you'd realise that a lot of stuff was left out, despite the seemingly slow pacing.
Also if you're willing to continue, I'm not sure how to convince you but it's going to be a constant peak from the next cour onwards, so just stick around, it's worth it.
Sep 26, 2023 11:36 PM

Dec 2017
no shit fucking boring
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2023 12:07 AM
Jan 2023
There was one wasted episode (10 I think it was where nothing happened?) but they were smart to give each supporting character their own episode to introduce them to the audience. Otherwise people would think it was weird when these characters show up in later arcs not knowing anything about them.
Sep 27, 2023 2:14 AM

Mar 2021
If you think this part of 2nd season only covered him curing his potency, then I'm afraid you were not paying much attention!! I'm not telling this to insult you or something. It can be easy to miss these things due to some poor direction compared to season 1....

A lot of new characters were introduced like Badigadi, Princess Ariel, Luke, The beast race girls Linea and Pursena. Julie, Nanahoshi etc...
And many characters who were introduced in season 1, were given more screen time such as Sylphiete, Zanoba, Elinalise, Cliff etc!!!

Let me make something clear about Mushoku tensei!!! Even if this show is about adventures, the whole story revolves around Rudeus and his life!! His interactions with the world. His growth and changes on how he perceives the world (He starts by thinking his life is like a video game, but slowly learns what life means and how it is different from his previous life) and his near death experience after encountering the dragon god only makes him take his life more seriously!! This can be seen how he decides he can't just hole up over getting dumped and need to search his mother!! Or when he lost his will to live when he first partied up with Counter arrow or the Sarah affair and realized how people around him value his life more than him!! etc...

these are some minute details that cant be explained directly and needs to be picked up by the viewers!!

there's even more in all the episodes that happened in this part!!! And I'm not gonna point each and every one of them!!!

tl;dr: This part of season 2 focused more on world building and character development with little adventure compared to season 1.
Sep 27, 2023 2:31 AM
Apr 2022
saying s2 has bad pacing is crazy. if you don't like it than don't watch it, but the pacing isn't a problem. if you want bad pacing go watch one piece.
Sep 27, 2023 2:53 AM

Oct 2021
Only episode with awful pacing is Episode 2, which is also IMO the worst episode of the entire series. The rest of the episodes are great.
Sep 27, 2023 3:10 AM
May 2023
zwolf12 said:

The whole ED stuff was shown in 3 episodes. It’s almost like you weren’t paying attention at all.

Episode 0 - Fitz
Episode 1 to 4 - Counter Arrow and Soldat
Episode 5 - Intro to Ronoa University
Episode 6 - Zanoba and Juliette
Episode 7 - Beast girls
Episode 8 - Cliff/Elinalise and Badigadi
Episode 9 - Nanahoshi
Episode 10 to 12 - ED arc + relationship with Sylphy
Issax28Sep 27, 2023 3:21 AM
Sep 27, 2023 3:37 AM
Jan 2022
this season was rushed if anything, i dont see how this was boring or too slow paced at all. they skipped quite a bit of content. this could and should have been like 16 episodes a core to properly adapt the LN, but hey, would this still even be mal if it weren't for the people expecting constant non stop battles and fight scenes while ignoring the actual plot/worldbuilding/character deveolpment? yeah, things exist other than constant battling and op protagonists. you may wanna drop MT if this season was boring, because the entire story is focused around the characters just like this one was, the fights arent the entire plot, the lives of the characters are. this season introduced like 90%+ of the remaining characters who have important roles in the story
Sep 27, 2023 3:50 AM
Dec 2021
zwolf12 said:

Season 2 makes a turning point for Rudeus's development
You need patience in order for your attention to flicker in order for you to see something happening as you wanted to
Sep 27, 2023 4:57 AM
Aug 2018
no explosions and boom boom equals bad pacing for some people.
this isn't a shonen.
Sep 27, 2023 8:09 AM

Nov 2010
Reply to med_512
no explosions and boom boom equals bad pacing for some people.
this isn't a shonen.
@med_512 Oh for sure, that is why my favorite isekai is Ascendance of a Bookworm I really need that fast boom boom....
Sep 27, 2023 8:50 AM

Nov 2010
Reply to Evvixent
I like how there is a dichotomy between LN readers and anime only viewers. Anime viewers say that pacing was slow while ln readers like me say the pacing was fast lol because if you'd read the ln, you'd realise that a lot of stuff was left out, despite the seemingly slow pacing.
Also if you're willing to continue, I'm not sure how to convince you but it's going to be a constant peak from the next cour onwards, so just stick around, it's worth it.
@Evvixent I think the main problem is that a lot of the character introductions felt incredibly hollow. A lot of characters, like Zanoba, we already knew, other characters like the beast girls felt like standard templates, even the fellow isekai character, while the most important and best introduction, felt kind of hollow compared to the importance she should've had.
Sep 27, 2023 9:37 AM

Nov 2022
Reply to Badonkers
Only episode with awful pacing is Episode 2, which is also IMO the worst episode of the entire series. The rest of the episodes are great.
@Badonkers I agree, The animation quality dropped on top of that. It felt the snow town arc was one big interlude.
Treating everyone with respect. Open for messages or FR if you're not a bot.
Sep 27, 2023 11:48 AM
Oct 2022
With this one, I think the main thing to take away from this arc is that it is what I like to call a "transition arc". By that I mean the arcs main purpose is to transition smoothly to the next arc, while at the same time giving proper set up and build up for what's to come. It's also used to flesh out the world and characters, and expand upon some minor plot points or details that might have been a little undercooked previously, or work to transition them into higher priority or more relevant arcs later on.

If you have seen Durarara, this what they do with x2 Ten.

So, while completely neccessary, the main flaw with transition arcs is that they are almost always not as good as previous arcs or arcs that are coming soon.
Sep 27, 2023 12:02 PM

Feb 2021
This is why the light novel is better

Cause the pacing should've actually been slower, the anime was little rushed in some parts.
Sep 27, 2023 1:41 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to zwolf12
@Evvixent I think the main problem is that a lot of the character introductions felt incredibly hollow. A lot of characters, like Zanoba, we already knew, other characters like the beast girls felt like standard templates, even the fellow isekai character, while the most important and best introduction, felt kind of hollow compared to the importance she should've had.
@zwolf12 I agree! Often times it felt really weird how characters interacted with each other but I couldn't pinpoint the reason why. Another thing that I'd like to add is that Ariel and Luke played a much bigger role in the novels, but in the anime, they kinda just showed up here and there. This season really suffered from lack of proper direction and narration.
Sep 27, 2023 4:26 PM
Aug 2021
Well, you can maybe find a TicToc compilation that summarize the season for you. Do people only watch shows for burrr and boom?
Sep 27, 2023 7:45 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to zwolf12
@zwolf12

This. They introduced a lot of new characters but each one was more boring than the one before them, with the exception of Nanahoshi, whose chapter expanded a lot about the world and was the best of the season, only for the next episode leaving it just like that.
Add to that the huge dip in production quality and this season ended up being a complete mess.
PerritoOct 1, 2023 9:29 PM
Sep 27, 2023 8:36 PM
Sep 2021
V1P3R0P said:
If you think this part of 2nd season only covered him curing his potency, then I'm afraid you were not paying much attention!! I'm not telling this to insult you or something. It can be easy to miss these things due to some poor direction compared to season 1....

A lot of new characters were introduced like Badigadi, Princess Ariel, Luke, The beast race girls Linea and Pursena. Julie, Nanahoshi etc...
And many characters who were introduced in season 1, were given more screen time such as Sylphiete, Zanoba, Elinalise, Cliff etc!!!

Let me make something clear about Mushoku tensei!!! Even if this show is about adventures, the whole story revolves around Rudeus and his life!! His interactions with the world. His growth and changes on how he perceives the world (He starts by thinking his life is like a video game, but slowly learns what life means and how it is different from his previous life) and his near death experience after encountering the dragon god only makes him take his life more seriously!! This can be seen how he decides he can't just hole up over getting dumped and need to search his mother!! Or when he lost his will to live when he first partied up with Counter arrow or the Sarah affair and realized how people around him value his life more than him!! etc...

these are some minute details that cant be explained directly and needs to be picked up by the viewers!!

there's even more in all the episodes that happened in this part!!! And I'm not gonna point each and every one of them!!!

tl;dr: This part of season 2 focused more on world building and character development with little adventure compared to season 1.

Total facts across the board. I understand why some people think it was paced badly but I think it’s just taking it’s time to build up for the next cour and definitely deserved a longer amount of episodes to do so. I’d rather have complaints of slow pacing than fast pacing. Bc too fast and it just feels rushed and lazy. I’m so glad Bind is taking their time with it to give each arc love and attention no matter if it could be done faster.
Sep 28, 2023 9:35 AM
Apr 2015
I wouldn't call it a pacing issue, more like an Arc vibe issue. it definitely couldn't be shortened and be believable, though I do think more should've actually happened at the school. it was a mental journey, and those always have to have a lot more time to breathe compared to a world spanning physical journey.

personally, I just plain didn't like this season because there were a lot of characters doing mental gymnastics to make the arc last longer. I feel like if I hadn't seen Eris do one of the worst things you can do to a human being, Sylphie's actions would've annoyed me far more, but at this point I'm just glad to be away from crappy misunderstanding plots(until Eris returns I guess...)
Sep 28, 2023 7:03 PM

Nov 2019
It's pretty disappointing tbh I really thought it would be like Vinland Saga season 2 pacing and yet, there are too many cuts, specially Zero. This episode is meant to be a setup for power struggle and throne succession down the line and I hated how they omitted the dialogue between Derrick Redbat and Princess Ariel in the final scene because Derrick's death will play an important role and will directly influence the later season.
KushnaSep 28, 2023 7:43 PM
Sep 29, 2023 6:47 AM
Feb 2023
zwolf12 said:

yeah, the pacing is actually pretty good for what it is. they had to shove a bunch of characters and character development in these 12 episodes. if anything, it's rushed. you said it could be put in 3 episodes. That's just not true. At least it's not possible without completely butchering the story. people seem to forget season 1 part 1 was about paced the same. with introduction to the characters and world building. It will definitely pick up around episode 6 of part 2. if you didn't like part 1, you'll probably hate the about 6 episodes of slice of life cute marriage stuff that's about to happen.
Sep 29, 2023 6:50 AM
Feb 2023
Evvixent said:

right, I was sitting there watching feeling that this arc was moving at a break neck speed in comparison to the ln, lol. I do believe the anime is doing a wonderful job adapting it, I know they have to cut some stuff out to make it work for visual media.
Sep 29, 2023 6:48 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Puppytay
zwolf12 said:

yeah, the pacing is actually pretty good for what it is. they had to shove a bunch of characters and character development in these 12 episodes. if anything, it's rushed. you said it could be put in 3 episodes. That's just not true. At least it's not possible without completely butchering the story. people seem to forget season 1 part 1 was about paced the same. with introduction to the characters and world building. It will definitely pick up around episode 6 of part 2. if you didn't like part 1, you'll probably hate the about 6 episodes of slice of life cute marriage stuff that's about to happen.
@Puppytay
Are you really comparing the ammount of stuff we learned about the world in S1 Part 1 with this cour?
The only thing we learned about the world of MT this season was that Nanahoshi being transported triggered the whole mana mess, nothing else.
Sep 29, 2023 7:07 PM

Aug 2020
I dont even follow the LN that religiously and can tell you that the pacing is super fast.
Keep scrolling
Sep 29, 2023 7:19 PM
Feb 2023
Perrito said:
@Puppytay
Are you really comparing the ammount of stuff we learned about the world in S1 Part 1 with this cour?
The only thing we learned about the world of MT this season was that Nanahoshi being transported triggered the whole mana mess, nothing else.

bruh... ok, let's just forget about the power struggle of Ariel's Kingdom and the power struggle on Millis. let's forget about the demon king and Rudy apparently having as much mana as a God. let's forget about some of the beast folk stuff we learned or the character development between all of the side characters.

we learned about where Sylphy has been and what she's going through.

we learn about the power struggle of the kingdom and some of its inner workings

we learn about counter arrow and stepped ladder, along with the characters that make up them

we spend time with Rudy's abandonment issues due to Eris.

we learn a bit more about the school.

we are introduced to what are essentially the princesses of the beastfolk

we meet up with Cliff and hear more about the power struggle in the church.

We have character development from lise

we meet Silent and learn more about the teleport disaster

we meet a demon king and learn Rudy has the mana capacity of a god

we are introduced to Julie and learn more about Zanoba's ambitions.

we learn more about where Rudy's mom is.

and we get the set up for Rudy's first marriage.

yup, nothing happened besides what you said.
Sep 29, 2023 11:35 PM

Nov 2010
Reply to Puppytay
Perrito said:
@Puppytay

bruh... ok, let's just forget about the power struggle of Ariel's Kingdom and the power struggle on Millis. let's forget about the demon king and Rudy apparently having as much mana as a God. let's forget about some of the beast folk stuff we learned or the character development between all of the side characters.

we learn about counter arrow and stepped ladder, along with the characters that make up them

@Puppytay That is exactly the problem:
We learned about Sylphy and what she went through during ep 0 (which isn't even part of the season) and even if you count it towards the season the information was kind of limited. The same goes for the power struggle and the princess, which essentially boiled down to 'yeah, there are multiple people aiming for the throne' (duh) and this information also got revealed during episode 0.

Counter Arrow and Stepped Ladder were so shallow that there isn't even much to remember about them. They were just standard adventurer groups, one bigger and more ambitious and one smaller and more family like. Absolutely nothing interesting about them.
They were basically just a vehicle to show Rudy being depressed, finding out about his ED, which made him more depressed in the mantle of some standard adventure stuff, and in the end to send him off to magic school.
The whole school bid is just a comfortable setting to introducing one character after the other, who we either already knew, are incredibly shallow (or at least appear that way because we don't get any deeper information about them) or are a fellow isekai person (already wrote about the problems there).

All the big 'reveals' you talk about are small snippets (like all the people we meet that have some connection to the Greyrat family) or obvious stuff (like finding out that there is a power struggle for the throne in a monarchy, who would have thought).

I don't know the source material, but do you really think people are that stupid that 'Rudy has a lot of mana' is a big reveal for viewers?
Sep 29, 2023 11:49 PM
Jul 2021
Maybe because previous season had Industry leading episode directors and a very talented director &script writer. This season has Horoaki Hirano as director who has absolutely no experience in big IPs and scriptwriters were given so little time. You can blame Onimai for that. Cours 2 should be exponentially better as it has like a year for 12 episodes
Sep 30, 2023 5:29 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to zwolf12
We learned about Sylphy and what she went through during ep 0 (which isn't even part of the season) and even if you count it towards the season the information was kind of limited. The same goes for the power struggle and the princess, which essentially boiled down to 'yeah, there are multiple people aiming for the throne' (duh) and this information also got revealed during episode 0.

Counter Arrow and Stepped Ladder were so shallow that there isn't even much to remember about them. They were just standard adventurer groups, one bigger and more ambitious and one smaller and more family like. Absolutely nothing interesting about them.
They were basically just a vehicle to show Rudy being depressed, finding out about his ED, which made him more depressed in the mantle of some standard adventure stuff, and in the end to send him off to magic school.
The whole school bid is just a comfortable setting to introducing one character after the other, who we either already knew, are incredibly shallow (or at least appear that way because we don't get any deeper information about them) or are a fellow isekai person (already wrote about the problems there).

All the big 'reveals' you talk about are small snippets (like all the people we meet that have some connection to the Greyrat family) or obvious stuff (like finding out that there is a power struggle for the throne in a monarchy, who would have thought).

I don't know the source material, but do you really think people are that stupid that 'Rudy has a lot of mana' is a big reveal for viewers?
@zwolf12 as someone who's read ahead, it's so funny seeing someone call these "small snippets" when 90% of the details he said are really important for future arcs lol(Also the dichotomy of anime only's saying this is too slow placed while LN readers saying this was too fast paced)
Sep 30, 2023 6:24 AM
Jul 2021

The only person you can blame is the author. For an anime, it's very accurate to the light novels.
Sep 30, 2023 6:33 AM

Nov 2010
Reply to rolopolo78
@zwolf12 as someone who's read ahead, it's so funny seeing someone call these "small snippets" when 90% of the details he said are really important for future arcs lol(Also the dichotomy of anime only's saying this is too slow placed while LN readers saying this was too fast paced)
@rolopolo78 Just because it is a small snippet doesn't mean it is unimportant, but to fill an episode you have to give the viewer more than a small snippet (or just more snippets).
Some people suggested it is not the pacing but the direction, which could be the case, because you either have to do more stuff in the time you have, or you condense the few things you have down into a smaller time package.
Sep 30, 2023 8:55 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to zwolf12
@rolopolo78 Just because it is a small snippet doesn't mean it is unimportant, but to fill an episode you have to give the viewer more than a small snippet (or just more snippets).
Some people suggested it is not the pacing but the direction, which could be the case, because you either have to do more stuff in the time you have, or you condense the few things you have down into a smaller time package.
@zwolf12 but they're most definitely not small snippets tho
Sep 30, 2023 10:29 AM
Feb 2023
rolopolo78 said:
@zwolf12 but they're most definitely not small snippets tho

facts! like I seriously don't understand that people don't get that all these "small snippets" are setups for the bigger picture. that's literally what world building and character development is. people are acting like if there isn't a big info dump or power dump that nothing is happening at all. but if they would just jump to the big picture right away, that would be vary unsatisfying and ruin the flow of storytelling.
Sep 30, 2023 6:07 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Puppytay
Perrito said:
@Puppytay

@Puppytay

80% of that stuff was already known from season 1 and Episode 0, what are you talking about?

The power struggle was already mentioned when Rudy met Eris.
Dunno if they'll do something later but Counter Arrow and Stepped Ladder were useless for the overall arc story.
What did we learn about the school? Just a couple of rich kids doing shenaningans not relevant to the story.
I don't care about any beastfolk princesses if all they are going to do with them is strap them to a chair until they wet themselves, what development did they have?
Again, we knew about Cliff already and his history, this season he didn't do squat except getting into a relationship.
Rudy having the mana capacity of a god was already mentioned by Orsted in season 1.
Again, Julie was presented but didn't do squat afterwards.
Zenith's location was already discovered in season 1.

The major point of this season was curing Rudeus ED and the slog of Sylphie wanting to tell him who she was for 7 chapters. Taking that into consideration, just add the bad production quality and the result is a bad season. A deserved 4/10.
Oct 1, 2023 4:17 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Perrito
@Puppytay

80% of that stuff was already known from season 1 and Episode 0, what are you talking about?

Dunno if they'll do something later but Counter Arrow and Stepped Ladder were useless for the overall arc story.
What did we learn about the school? Just a couple of rich kids doing shenaningans not relevant to the story.
I don't care about any beastfolk princesses if all they are going to do with them is strap them to a chair until they wet themselves, what development did they have?
Again, we knew about Cliff already and his history, this season he didn't do squat except getting into a relationship.
Rudy having the mana capacity of a god was already mentioned by Orsted in season 1.

The major point of this season was curing Rudeus ED and the slog of Sylphie wanting to tell him who she was for 7 chapters. Taking that into consideration, just add the bad production quality and the result is a bad season. A deserved 4/10.
Half of these points you've completely made up like Zenith's location being known and Rudy knowing about his mana capacity, the other half you just completely ignored context and abridged into footnotes.

And fyi you can summarize any show into a couple of sentences, your not clever for attempting and failing to do so. That attention span of yours must be deadly to conflate the 3 actual episodes about curing Rudeus' ED and Sylphie wanting to get with Rudy, into the whole 13. Even funnier is your insinuation that Rudeus building relations with the beastfolk princesses, Cliff (because he's never actual met him. dont know why you think Cliff meeting Eris is the same as him becoming friends with Rudeus), Princess Ariel (Rudeus absolutely does not know about the Asura Kingdom politics till this season), and fucking marrying Sylphie has nothing to do with the story or plot. You'd have to be completely oblivious to what kind of story you've been watching up to this point to make such assumptions.
RobertsahDHDAOct 1, 2023 4:28 PM
Keep scrolling
Oct 1, 2023 4:52 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to RobertsahDHDA
Half of these points you've completely made up like Zenith's location being known and Rudy knowing about his mana capacity, the other half you just completely ignored context and abridged into footnotes.

And fyi you can summarize any show into a couple of sentences, your not clever for attempting and failing to do so. That attention span of yours must be deadly to conflate the 3 actual episodes about curing Rudeus' ED and Sylphie wanting to get with Rudy, into the whole 13. Even funnier is your insinuation that Rudeus building relations with the beastfolk princesses, Cliff (because he's never actual met him. dont know why you think Cliff meeting Eris is the same as him becoming friends with Rudeus), Princess Ariel (Rudeus absolutely does not know about the Asura Kingdom politics till this season), and fucking marrying Sylphie has nothing to do with the story or plot. You'd have to be completely oblivious to what kind of story you've been watching up to this point to make such assumptions.
@RobertsahDHDA
I made a sentence for the points being mentioned by the guy I was replying to. I don't see you telling him the exact same thing, look at the post they made, rofl.
Zenith's location was given to Roxy at the end of season one. The school arc began because Rudeus was told by Hitogami that he could find a cure to his ED there, Rudeus wasn't planning on going to Ranoa in the first place. The whole season happened because of that.
You guys see whatever you want to see, it's hilarious.

Season 1 was good for what it was, it presented a complex world and explored it in interesting ways, despite some questionable topics being handled poorly. Season 2 was ass and had none of it. But you can like whatever you want, don't let anyone stop you o/
Oct 1, 2023 6:57 PM
Sep 2022
As a reader of the novel, I think this season was quite rushed and left out several interactions and good dialogues that I would have liked to see, mushoku is not about being a power fantasy focused on action,It's a story about a man trying to live a good life that wasn't possible before, so obviously there will be slice of life arcs and no big events,If you expect non-stop action you came to watch the wrong anime
Oct 1, 2023 7:01 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to zwolf12
@zwolf12 Not every character needs a pompous introduction full of symbolism and pursena and Linia are certainly important characters in this arc and in future arcs.
Oct 1, 2023 7:01 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to zwolf12
@med_512 Oh for sure, that is why my favorite isekai is Ascendance of a Bookworm I really need that fast boom boom....
@zwolf12 Double standards Go brrrrrr
Oct 1, 2023 7:06 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Perrito
@Puppytay
@Perrito A goldfish's ability to understand narrative,Watch again or just drop the anime
Oct 1, 2023 7:09 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to zwolf12

@zwolf12 You are being purposely reductive and dishonest, it is very easy to call any information insufficient or shallow if it is to justify your terrible narrative judgment
Oct 1, 2023 7:10 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to CautiousShadow

The only person you can blame is the author. For an anime, it's very accurate to the light novels.
@CautiousShadow You certainly haven't read a damn thing about the novel
Oct 1, 2023 7:13 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Perrito
@Puppytay

@Perrito i think you Just doesnt like mushoku,Go watch something of your taste or whatever because everytime someone presents a information that contradicts your previous affirmations about the quality you move the bar that It isnt enough or It is not good.
Oct 1, 2023 9:20 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to luksthefool
@Perrito i think you Just doesnt like mushoku,Go watch something of your taste or whatever because everytime someone presents a information that contradicts your previous affirmations about the quality you move the bar that It isnt enough or It is not good.
@luksthefool
I'll watch whatever I want and rate it accordingly.
You said Pursena and Linia were important for this arc. Care to tell me why? What did they do since they were introduced that helped the plot move forwards in this season?
Also you are saying that I don't like MT when my last post clearly stated that season 1 was good. Talk about goldfish.
You are replying to a bunch of posts saying that people don't know stuff while also failing to provide any info to enlighten anyone.
Keep crying, dude, this cour was garbage compared to the previous season and it's shortcomings were explained in this and many other threads about the show, while nobody defending the show is actually explaining why they think it was good, only responding reactively to people that think (and explain) it wasn't.
PerritoOct 1, 2023 9:40 PM
Oct 2, 2023 2:34 PM

Mar 2021
Perrito said:
@luksthefool
You said Pursena and Linia were important for this arc. Care to tell me why? What did they do since they were introduced that helped the plot move forwards in this season?
Also you are saying that I don't like MT when my last post clearly stated that season 1 was good. Talk about goldfish.
You are replying to a bunch of posts saying that people don't know stuff while also failing to provide any info to enlighten anyone.
Keep crying, dude, this cour was garbage compared to the previous season and it's shortcomings were explained in this and many other threads about the show, while nobody defending the show is actually explaining why they think it was good, only responding reactively to people that think (and explain) it wasn't.

one of Rudeus' plan to find Zenith was to spread his name through his achievements. After taming Linea and Pursena, they gave the responsibility of their mating bout to Rudeus since he was their "Boss". A lot of beastfolks gathered to fight Rudeus and coincidentally a full fledged Demon lord also came for the same reason (although his end goal was different). During these commotions, the demon lord defeated all the gathered beastfolks without any problem and challenged Rudeus. And their conversations, made the demon lord more curious about him, who in turn suggested Rudeus to hit him with his best shot. Now this shot obliterated the upper half of this Demon Lord and there were a lot of spectators during that incident. This means that the people gathered there will spread the word, how Rudeus one shot a mighty demon lord into pieces. Putting more progress in this goal. The princess using Rudeus' name for her political gain is a huge favor for Rudeus himself since he can now get better and more reliable information regarding his parents through her connections.

Well, this might not necessarily mean something very important to many, but Badigadi is one of the most important character in this series, more than Linia and Pursena in my opinion. They both might not have had much screentime in this season, but they'll be very importsnt characters in this series especially once they start adapting stuff after volume 13.

Like I said in my earlier post in this discussion topic, the devil is in the detail, but it is hard to miss them due to some bad directorial decisions in this part, which I hope gets changed or improved in the next part.
V1P3R0POct 2, 2023 2:40 PM
Oct 2, 2023 3:33 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Perrito
@luksthefool
@Perrito So first watch it before talking off the top of your head without paying attention to the story.
They serve to prove that even being close to attractive girls Rudy is not able to cure his ED as it is not caused by a lack of attraction but by a lack of affection.
You dont like MT,you can say you like something so you can look look you have the right to criticize something present in the story without looking like a hater.
I don't have to describe paragraphs present in the LN or dialogues from the anime, because I know they are present there.
Who is crying and you for having your lack of analysis and narrative understanding exposed, anyone can lie about what the motivation for the criticism is in order to be validated, which is your case,Go watch slime or re:zero and I'm sure you won't encounter these problems that seem like a nail in your flesh to you
Oct 2, 2023 3:34 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to V1P3R0P
Perrito said:
@luksthefool

one of Rudeus' plan to find Zenith was to spread his name through his achievements. After taming Linea and Pursena, they gave the responsibility of their mating bout to Rudeus since he was their "Boss". A lot of beastfolks gathered to fight Rudeus and coincidentally a full fledged Demon lord also came for the same reason (although his end goal was different). During these commotions, the demon lord defeated all the gathered beastfolks without any problem and challenged Rudeus. And their conversations, made the demon lord more curious about him, who in turn suggested Rudeus to hit him with his best shot. Now this shot obliterated the upper half of this Demon Lord and there were a lot of spectators during that incident. This means that the people gathered there will spread the word, how Rudeus one shot a mighty demon lord into pieces. Putting more progress in this goal. The princess using Rudeus' name for her political gain is a huge favor for Rudeus himself since he can now get better and more reliable information regarding his parents through her connections.

Well, this might not necessarily mean something very important to many, but Badigadi is one of the most important character in this series, more than Linia and Pursena in my opinion. They both might not have had much screentime in this season, but they'll be very importsnt characters in this series especially once they start adapting stuff after volume 13.

Like I said in my earlier post in this discussion topic, the devil is in the detail, but it is hard to miss them due to some bad directorial decisions in this part, which I hope gets changed or improved in the next part.
@V1P3R0P he will move the bar/goalpost again saying that It isnt good enough
Oct 2, 2023 6:05 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to luksthefool
@Perrito So first watch it before talking off the top of your head without paying attention to the story.
They serve to prove that even being close to attractive girls Rudy is not able to cure his ED as it is not caused by a lack of attraction but by a lack of affection.
You dont like MT,you can say you like something so you can look look you have the right to criticize something present in the story without looking like a hater.
I don't have to describe paragraphs present in the LN or dialogues from the anime, because I know they are present there.
Who is crying and you for having your lack of analysis and narrative understanding exposed, anyone can lie about what the motivation for the criticism is in order to be validated, which is your case,Go watch slime or re:zero and I'm sure you won't encounter these problems that seem like a nail in your flesh to you
luksthefool said:

Sooo... exactly what happened with Sara and the prostitute 4 episodes earlier? Do you need stuff like that hammered into your head for it to stick or something? Talk about lack of analysis, rofl.

About Badigadi, he was already interested in Rudeus as Kishirika had told him about Rudeus and his demon eye. Him encountering and defeating the beastgirls suitors was completely coincidental and wouldn't had made a difference if it didn't happen. Holy smokes, people.

We still don't know the implications of Rudeus and the princess using each others names because that was agreed in the last 5 minutes of the whole show. It most likely will have an impact later on, but it will be outside of this standalone cour, remember that we need to wait 6 months for more content.

So I still stand where I was, barely anything of significance happened this cour, just padding. The most interesting and expansive information came from Nanahoshi's episode, as stated earlier.

And all this is only considering the pacing and narrative, because that's the purpose of this thread. Add the bad production quality to that and you get a trainwreck.

PerritoOct 3, 2023 10:56 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.