Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2023 9:29 AM
May 2023
Compared to S1, there were way more characters introduced in just one half of S2 and a lot of them will likely still be sticking around after with Rudeus

Example :

-Sarah and Counter Arrow (cured his depression but likely won’t appear for a long time)
-Soldat
-Elinalise
-Fitz/Sylphy (his love interest)
-Princess Ariel and Luke Greyrat
-Linia and Pursena
-Zanoba and Juliette
-Cliff
-Badigadi
-Nanahoshi

I think it’s unreasonable to say that this season is slow paced when there were way more characters introduced in S2 and had each episode dedicated to them
Sep 20, 2023 9:42 AM
Dec 2007
Everything is relative. This cour is slower compared to what's to come, but I don't feel it's particularly slow. I think the real issue is that volume 8 is one of the weakest volumes in the series. Were through that hump though. Next volume I would actually consider weak would be volume 10, but 11 and 12 which would be the back half of cour 2 are absolutly phenomenal. After that it's non stop peak until probably vol 18.
Sep 20, 2023 9:48 AM
Nov 2018
At the moment the series is going with world building introducing a lot of characters. So yeah it well feel like it's all over the place with the story. It will feel slow for the moment.
Sep 20, 2023 9:53 AM
Sep 2019
Yes I agree. People are too impatient to understand the character development that is going on and just want constant story progression. They fail to realise and understand how key characters are brought into the story. Maybe it's the tiktok attention span or something idk.
The author of Mushoku tensei really knows how to tell a story.
End of the day you'll always have annoying people nitpicking at everything and complaining
Sep 20, 2023 10:08 AM
Jul 2023
I've been enjoying it just fine ppl will always complain cause it's supposedly more interesting to complain
Sep 20, 2023 10:23 AM
Apr 2020
GGcc78 said:
Everything is relative. This cour is slower compared to what's to come, but I don't feel it's particularly slow. I think the real issue is that volume 8 is one of the weakest volumes in the series. Were through that hump though. Next volume I would actually consider weak would be volume 10, but 11 and 12 which would be the back half of cour 2 are absolutly phenomenal. After that it's non stop peak until probably vol 18.

and after that whats gonna happened
Sep 20, 2023 10:37 AM

Jan 2019
Because Mushoku Tensei is poorly written harem series with aimless plot.

Author had no idea after random tp plot in Season 1, then everything gone horrible

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Sep 20, 2023 10:42 AM
Dec 2007
Manish_meens said:
GGcc78 said:

19 through 24 were very, very good. 23 in particular is one of my personal favorites. 25 and 26 aren't released in English yet; but by all accounts it has a very strong ending. I would say the strongest string of books though was 12, 14, and 15.
Sep 20, 2023 12:01 PM
Feb 2021
Manish_meens said:
GGcc78 said:

Vol. 18/19 can’t remember which one is a more slower paced, slice of life book before the action and main storylines are resumed.
Sep 20, 2023 12:09 PM
Mar 2022
It’s not as good as it could have been. That being said it’s still like an 7.5-8/10 show. Some things could have been better here and there. Is it show ruining? No.
Sep 20, 2023 12:22 PM

Jan 2020
It’s not as good as season 1, and Studio Bind is to blame for that thanks to staff overhaul. The remaining staff has done fine but not amazing work like the previous staff did.
Sep 20, 2023 12:37 PM
Aug 2021
I guess my hot take is that I am enjoying this much more than S1.
Sep 20, 2023 2:16 PM
Mar 2021
GGcc78 said:

What volume will next ep adapt?
And what is adapting ratio of ep ?
Sep 20, 2023 3:24 PM
Aug 2019
Tbh, the plotline the I care about at the moment has been progressing slower than I’d like … that being the Rudy and Sylphie relationship.

A lot of side stories take center stage, but fitz has a role in all of them, so it still works. The bigger problem is I had to wait nearly 3 months to see what I knew was going to happen anyway. The viewing experience changes dramatically when you space out your content like this. A slower paced show is probably going to receive lower ratings at the time of airing than it normally would if released all at once. Maybe it draws more attention to space things out. I honestly would prefer to prioritize the viewing experience though *cough* 👀
ghierSep 20, 2023 3:28 PM
Sep 20, 2023 7:07 PM

Oct 2015
Shyotaku154 said:
Manish_meens said:

Vol. 18/19 can’t remember which one is a more slower paced, slice of life book before the action and main storylines are resumed.

Vol 18 is the slow-paced volume. Vol 19 is the Zanoba arc, which is fine~

To me, Vol 13, 18, 20, 21 are the worst volumes of MT. I fell asleep reading Volume 18, that is like the worst volume of the whole MT.
Sep 20, 2023 10:14 PM
Oct 2020
This is a peak season and it’s a 2 cour, people who can’t appreciate character development are the same who praised Vinland Saga s 2 after the farm part. The fact that we have an isekai with the chance to actually develop a world instead of speedrun to stupidity is amazing and I’m here for it all the way.
Sep 21, 2023 12:58 AM
Feb 2023
I think this season is mostly setup for the future story. If the anime gets through all of it, this season probably won't be remembered all that fondly or talked about too much but it will still be important to watch. People just aren't used to slow-burn anymore I think.
Aster-ghostSep 21, 2023 1:05 AM
Sep 21, 2023 5:29 AM
Nov 2021
yeah but S1 seemed faster due to his Journey.around the world
Sep 21, 2023 9:26 AM
Jan 2022
i just think ED as the main plot line is well.. a unique approach
Sep 21, 2023 12:01 PM
Feb 2021
SuperSayhan said:
Yes I agree. People are too impatient to understand the character development that is going on and just want constant story progression. They fail to realise and understand how key characters are brought into the story. Maybe it's the tiktok attention span or something idk.
End of the day you'll always have annoying people nitpicking at everything and complaining

Well said it’s a slow build up but it will be worth the wait
Sep 22, 2023 6:04 PM

Jan 2020
Regardless of whether it’s just a bit worse, the fact that some of the key staff ditched this for moe trash rubs me the wrong way.
Sep 23, 2023 2:53 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to Animillion
It’s not as good as season 1, and Studio Bind is to blame for that thanks to staff overhaul. The remaining staff has done fine but not amazing work like the previous staff did.
@Animillion nah they've still been doing great
Sep 23, 2023 3:10 AM

Mar 2020
Not going to lie mate... The amount of time wasted on fanserivice can be easily used to actually develop the story. Most of this season was about his ED. Jobless reincarnation has potential but it wastes to much of it... Though its popular so I guess it was lucky lol
Sep 23, 2023 4:37 AM

Apr 2018
Who cares if an anime takes 20 years to finish ? If it's good, it's good.
Why people are so impatient ? Damn, enjoy the show, enjoy the ride !

I would love to see my favourites anime to last longer.

I hate when people want to skip some details/chapters, when I love too see the full details of a project.

With slow pacing or full detail : you can actually "build/endearing" real feelings with characters.
If you discover a character at episode 10 and he dies at episode 15 .. what's the point? You give 0 shit. ( hello Demon Slayer's captain )
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Sep 23, 2023 10:30 AM

Jan 2020
rolopolo78 said:
@Animillion nah they've still been doing great

They’ve been doing good, but clearly there is an unnecessary downgrade from S1.
I recently watched some scenes of S1 and it’s easy to tell from the facial animations
Sep 24, 2023 11:59 AM

Feb 2014
Issax28 said:

-Sarah and Counter Arrow (cured his depression but likely won’t appear for a long time)

A forced tsundere is not a character

Issax28 said:

...way more characters introduced...

-Elinalise

Both were introduced in S1

Issax28 said:

-Linia and Pursena
-Zanoba and Juliette
-Cliff

A fleshlight is not a character

Issax28 said:

-Badigadi

A dildo is not a character

So no, not many characters were introduced.
And also the amount of anything is not a measure of quality.
Otherwise buy yourself a bag of gravel.
Sep 24, 2023 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to pistolpete86
SuperSayhan said:

Well said it’s a slow build up but it will be worth the wait
pistolpete86 said:
it will be worth the wait

Hello, I'm a sheep from the future.
It wasn't worth it
Sep 24, 2023 12:40 PM
Apr 2014
The entire season is about him attempting to fix his dick. So no.
Sep 24, 2023 6:48 PM

May 2012
half of the characters introduced is not significant imo. if i were to make a tier based on relevance:

lower tier:
sara is here to introduce his impotent
soldat is his buddy afterward

lower-middle tier:
elinalise is his parents acquaintance, from whom we can learn about his parents past that might not be important.
then we have

higher-middle tier (characters that hasnt shown any relevancies, but might have significance later, perhaps the part 2):
linia and pursena
zanoba and july
badigadi

high tier:
sylphy is his wife
ariel and luke will affect his position when he returns to asura
nanahoshi as japanese

its fair to call it slower when not much is happening despite having more character introduced
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Sep 24, 2023 7:07 PM
Apr 2022
If we were to talk about the pacing specifically, I think story progression should be the main point here, not the character introduction, and the whole season story is just mainly about getting his dick fixed and meeting Sylphy. Not complaining tho, Sylphy best girl
Sep 24, 2023 7:13 PM
May 2017
i believe their slower paced comments have more to do with plot than characters, this entire season was dedicated to curing ED. I'm not one of the complainers cuz I enjoyed this season but pacing did take the back burner in place of character development
Sep 25, 2023 3:56 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to SuperSayhan
@SuperSayhan there no chracters development Bro
It's just a cliche magic School for teenagers and everything is about sexual things
Literally the mindset of teen boy
Sep 25, 2023 3:57 AM
Aug 2023
@Okeanix preach Mt mediocrity

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
FluffygreygrassOct 26, 2023 11:13 PM
Sep 25, 2023 3:58 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to Quanda1eDing1e
i believe their slower paced comments have more to do with plot than characters, this entire season was dedicated to curing ED. I'm not one of the complainers cuz I enjoyed this season but pacing did take the back burner in place of character development
@Quanda1eDing1e imagine the show was about erectile dysfunction 😭🤡
Sep 25, 2023 4:00 AM
Aug 2023
MT is so pitiful even compared to others cringy light novels

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
FluffygreygrassOct 26, 2023 11:14 PM
Sep 25, 2023 12:49 PM
Apr 2014
@luksthefool I understand the narrative, but that doesn't change the fact that the entire season is about him attempting to fix his dick
Sep 25, 2023 1:42 PM

Nov 2013
Thats not what the complainers are complaining about TC.

The complainers have their panties in a bunch about American age of consent.
Sep 25, 2023 2:07 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to SlayerGoury
Issax28 said:

A forced tsundere is not a character

Issax28 said:

...way more characters introduced...

-Elinalise

Both were introduced in S1

Issax28 said:

-Linia and Pursena
-Zanoba and Juliette
-Cliff

A fleshlight is not a character

Issax28 said:

-Badigadi

A dildo is not a character

So no, not many characters were introduced.
And also the amount of anything is not a measure of quality.
Otherwise buy yourself a bag of gravel.
@SlayerGoury While I agree Sara is nothing too special saying "X is not a character" without any reasoning is not a good argument.

You also said "A fleshlight is not a character" which I agree, fleshlights are, well, fleshlight, but none of the characters you quoted are a "a fleshlight" or even an object for that matter, so this line is a non-sequitur, the same goes for what you said about Badigadi, both are non-sequiturs that make no sense at all.
Sep 25, 2023 2:13 PM

Apr 2020
I think the mistake in your statement is that a lot of characters beeing introduced, automatically means that the pace is good.
I don't think so.

Although I do agree with you, whether it's complaints or love for Mushoku Tensei - with this show it's always the extreme. There is no grey area. It's either people hate it with a passion or they think it's the best Anime ever aired. Weird.
Oct 2, 2023 4:53 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008

Animillion said:

Is that why so much of the animation looks like a potato? Studio restructuring?! If so, those fools. The first season was so incredible animation wise.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
FluffygreygrassOct 26, 2023 11:35 PM

Oct 2, 2023 11:38 AM

Jan 2020
234Mannan said:
Not going to lie mate... The amount of time wasted on fanserivice can be easily used to actually develop the story. Most of this season was about his ED. Jobless reincarnation has potential but it wastes to much of it... Though its popular so I guess it was lucky lol

I think next cour is supposed to be great. I honestly thought the season was good, not great like S1, but I’m still looking forward to next cour. I just really hope some of the more talented staff members return
Oct 2, 2023 5:59 PM
Jun 2017
Honestly, I feel like it has maintained a good pace so far. The character development and steady laying in of plot lines, while slower than S1, has felt more deliberate. I also like a good slow burn, so I may be a touch biased.

I feel it’s a lot better this way than if they’d “yada yada-ed” the way to infinite power scaling or something.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

284 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.