Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2023 4:12 PM
Apr 2021
I don't think Linda really loved Banri romantically. She cares about him but she thought he was unreliable and what she did was just guilt. I don't think it was hinted that she loved Banri romantically. She even supported him and Kouko. If she really loved Banri, she would have shown up at the bridge she told Banri to wait for her which led to him having that accident and not to mention she was indirectly responsible for the accident. Remember the flashback of when they were in middle school, Banri was waiting for her and Linda's friends were asking her whether she liked him and she clearly said no I don't know if she said that to save face but that hurt Banri and you can see her face turn pale as soon as she opened the door and saw Banri there. Linda clearly didn't see Banri as a romantic interest. She never confessed because she doesn't feel that way about him. She was late to meet him because she clearly was not keen on the idea. Looking at the flashbacks, she's like an older sister to him. Banri was kinda pathetic and it's hard to imagine that she really loved him that way. A lot of people think she loved Banri but if she really loved either, I think she could have seen that the new Banri was better and Kouko was also a reason for the new Banri being better. That is why she said "yes" to him at the end and that yes was clearly indicating that she loved him as a brother but they must move on. I am not hating on her. This is my opinion on her.
Sep 18, 2023 5:23 PM
Nov 2022
dude u been watching too many soap operas
Sep 18, 2023 5:29 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Pro200315
dude u been watching too many soap operas
@Pro200315 Wym I've watching too many soap operas. I never even watched a soap opera before. I'm just stating my opinion. What does soap opera have to do with this.
Sep 18, 2023 5:57 PM
Nov 2022
just saying u reading to much into it not saying ue wrong I actually agree with I just thought everyone would find it obvious
Sep 18, 2023 6:10 PM
Jul 2022
I totally agree.
Before the accident, Linda didn't really display any signs of affection towards Banri. From Linda's perspective, Banri was only a friend and nothing more. I believe a relationship between opposite genders cannot be non-platonic, which is seen through Banri having a crush on Linda hoping to eventually get with her.

Linda was always generous and considerate, why not like her?
That's what I thought until the locker room scene where Linda was ashamed to admit that she was Banri's friend and instead says something like Banri is unreliable and she only interacts to support him. From that scene alone, I became a lot more fond of Kouko. If she finds it humiliating to admit that she is a friend of Banri , it only really shows that she is insecure with how other people view them together which is only her problem as love transcends social ideals. In contrast, Kouko has no fear of displaying public affection even if she is insanely pretty while Banri is quite ordinary.

Also if Linda really had feelings for Banri, I'm sure she would have got to the bridge early, at most on time. Even after the accident which was indirectly her fault, it didn't really show how often Linda visited Banri while he was in a coma, which is a shame as I wanted to see how distraught she was to see him in such a state.

Anyway, I have probably shown my passion for the anime and to add I'm an immense Kouko fan.
Sep 18, 2023 6:21 PM
Apr 2021
Pro200315 said:
just saying u reading to much into it not saying ue wrong I actually agree with I just thought everyone would find it obvious

Ohk. I hope I didn’t make you angry in any way
Sep 18, 2023 6:31 PM
Apr 2021
kou_starz said:
I totally agree.
Before the accident, Linda didn't really display any signs of affection towards Banri. From Linda's perspective, Banri was only a friend and nothing more. I believe a relationship between opposite genders cannot be non-platonic, which is seen through Banri having a crush on Linda hoping to eventually get with her.

Linda was always generous and considerate, why not like her?
That's what I thought until the locker room scene where Linda was ashamed to admit that she was Banri's friend and instead says something like Banri is unreliable and she only interacts to support him. From that scene alone, I became a lot more fond of Kouko. If she finds it humiliating to admit that she is a friend of Banri , it only really shows that she is insecure with how other people view them together which is only her problem as love transcends social ideals. In contrast, Kouko has no fear of displaying public affection even if she is insanely pretty while Banri is quite ordinary.

Also if Linda really had feelings for Banri, I'm sure she would have got to the bridge early, at most on time. Even after the accident which was indirectly her fault, it didn't really show how often Linda visited Banri while he was in a coma, which is a shame as I wanted to see how distraught she was to see him in such a state.

Anyway, I have probably shown my passion for the anime and to add I'm an immense Kouko fan.

I don’t really hate Linda. I think she’s a great character. Some ppl considered her a tsundere and she really doesn’t act like a tsundere so I don’t know how she’s a tsundere. She just didn’t see Banri as a romantic interest at all. I’m not sure if she realized she had friend-zoned Banri though I wish she also got together with someone. I heard she got together with Mitsuo or something and I’m not sure if that’s true
Sep 18, 2023 8:43 PM
Apr 2022
I think she has feelings, but she himself realizes is too late, that’s why she support them. In the scene when they fight she said celarly that she would made all different, but she cant now. She knows Banri loves Koko

By the way by far one of the best animes i’ve seen
Sep 18, 2023 9:15 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty obvious it was a friendzone from start to finish as she even said herself.

Sep 18, 2023 10:00 PM

Dec 2021
I agree. Linda indeed cared for him but that's all. Whatever she did in the later part was because she partly blamed herself for the accident. There never was a potent love triangle. It was about accepting your present self and moving on.
Sep 18, 2023 10:46 PM
Jun 2023
FiddlePie said:
I don't think Linda really loved Banri romantically. She cares about him but she thought he was unreliable and what she did was just guilt. I don't think it was hinted that she loved Banri romantically. She even supported him and Kouko. If she really loved Banri, she would have shown up at the bridge she told Banri to wait for her which led to him having that accident and not to mention she was indirectly responsible for the accident. Remember the flashback of when they were in middle school, Banri was waiting for her and Linda's friends were asking her whether she liked him and she clearly said no I don't know if she said that to save face but that hurt Banri and you can see her face turn pale as soon as she opened the door and saw Banri there. Linda clearly didn't see Banri as a romantic interest. She never confessed because she doesn't feel that way about him. She was late to meet him because she clearly was not keen on the idea. Looking at the flashbacks, she's like an older sister to him. Banri was kinda pathetic and it's hard to imagine that she really loved him that way. A lot of people think she loved Banri but if she really loved either, I think she could have seen that the new Banri was better and Kouko was also a reason for the new Banri being better. That is why she said "yes" to him at the end and that yes was clearly indicating that she loved him as a brother but they must move on. I am not hating on her. This is my opinion on her.

yeah i agree, i also think she didn't live him as romantic intrest.maybe as a brother or anything but the way she said to her friends really disappointed me . she should atleast support him even if you consider as a normal friend. but she didn't. and after that accident she may felt guilty because of that. that's all I think
Sep 18, 2023 10:55 PM

Jul 2023
FiddlePie said:

I agree. I she didn't like him at all
Sep 19, 2023 2:55 AM
Nov 2022
FiddlePie said:
Pro200315 said:

Ohk. I hope I didn’t make you angry in any way

as If that would be enough to make me angry everyone has a right to say what they want my friend of anime
Sep 19, 2023 12:51 PM
Aug 2021
Who cares? Worst girl in anime history won.
Sep 19, 2023 6:33 PM
Jan 2021
Can agree on a few points such the feelings that Linda had prior to the confession but I disagree that Linda doesn't love Banri. From my perspective, Linda loved Banri's presence but was unsure about her romantic feelings towards him only to realize it when she was too late. As you wrote, her face turned pale when she saw Banri after she said that she doesn't love him only for her to regret what she said and then vehemently plead for Banri's forgiveness. After the accident, she felt guilty for unintentionally causing harm towards Banri and distanced herself from him romantically from that guilt. She supports Banri and Koko precisely because of the guilt she felt and the fact that the Banri after the accident is not the same Banri that loved and confessed his feelings for her. It's also implied in the flashback that she would've accepted Banri's confession when she said that "if I made it in time, I would've never let him go" during the time she met and talked to Amnesia Banri(who didn't recognize her) at night outside of the hospital.

You gotta take into account her bad experience with romance, not to her directly but the things she saw and traumatized her such as shown in the anime when she saw her brother get cheated on by his partner(Linda's sister in law). That's why Linda had a hard time sorting her feelings for Banri.
Sep 19, 2023 8:01 PM
Apr 2022
FiddlePie said:

You have seen more than necessary!!!
Sep 20, 2023 1:29 AM
Jan 2019
Personally, I think Linda did love Banri, but since he was pretty much the loser of the school, she was too embarrassed to admit she liked him. When Linda met Banri after his accident, she looked disappointed because her old friend had completely changed. I think it’s a situation where “Linda had a chance and once she failed she didn’t get a second chance”. That kind of thing. Idk how to describe it
Sep 20, 2023 12:42 PM

Jan 2020
StarZone1 said:

Chitoge from Nisekoi and Aki Adagaki from Masamune are far worse
Sep 21, 2023 12:47 PM
Aug 2021
Animillion said:
StarZone1 said:

Haven't seen those but if they're worse those anime must be a massive slog to get through. Had this one on hold for almost a year because she was so annoying.
Sep 22, 2023 4:27 PM
Aug 2021
Animillion said:
StarZone1 said:

Just watched Masamune and I've no idea what you're on about Aki isn't a bad character in the slightest.
Sep 22, 2023 11:26 PM

Jan 2020
StarZone1 said:
Animillion said:

Just watched Masamune and I've no idea what you're on about Aki isn't a bad character in the slightest.

I’m on the “anti-tsundere” pill. And yea, she’s not as bad as someone like Chitoge from Nisekoi or Taiga from Toradora, but I still wasn’t a fan of hers.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.