Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2023 1:30 AM

Jul 2017
For Hajime, his Summer homework in the past, is watching a plant grow, but then failing that, his father had only words of consolation in the wrong sense.

Hajime waking up in the wee hours of the morning, he stumbles onto Dvorak's 1894 work of "Humoreske", which was composed after "From the New World", that was a solemn point of time for the composer. And yet for Hajime, it's lettered with his father's handwriting all around, remembering all that he's been taught. Trying to picture an image of his timbre tune, this piece is a challenge from his now-estranged father, and picturing his own melody of how he would've done this piece, through the light and dark terrains of his family life, though that period will eventually cease. It's good that Hajime is feeling a lot better now.

The retest begins, and Hajime goes into it with a clear sense of mind, a large departure from his usual competitive spirit, and one of accompaniment as opposed to standing out. Even Akine asking him if he can handle the pressure, it's a given that he can manage. As intense as Ayukawa's testing is, Saeki felt that he had lost as he's not seen this side of Hajime before, and the results prove that: Hajime and Saeki on the outside and inside respectively, with Ayukawa sensing that the former finally had a breakthrough, and the latter having had sensed this even before the retest. Even as the outgoing concertmaster Harada is excited at the prospect of hearing the music come together, it's the two of them that will make a change in the Uminaku High School Orchestra Club.

The Regular Concert is at hand, and the final stretch beckons as the Orchestra Club is ready to go. Low-key excited for the final 3 episodes.
KANLen09Sep 24, 2023 12:55 AM
Sep 17, 2023 7:43 AM
Aug 2020
Another Good ep

It was Interesting To see past moment to explain what made him improved.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 17, 2023 2:06 PM
Jan 2021
I honestly think this is the "little" show that could! It's simply wonderful
Sep 17, 2023 7:03 PM
Aug 2021
Henestly, I just don't like Saeki as a character, don't know what it is but he just irritates me. I also feel like he's subtracted from other character relations that were started and then just dropped for him. Really I feel like the story could happen without him and it would be no great loss.
Sep 17, 2023 11:19 PM
Sep 2021
Nice scenes used in this episode and aono's development was shown well.
Sep 18, 2023 12:25 AM

Feb 2019
Aono flashbacks with his dad were interesting. He’s a scumbag for sure but he has a charismatic side to him as well
Sep 18, 2023 3:49 AM
Sep 2015
The end credit scene though, now we know why that tree died.
Sep 18, 2023 5:02 AM

Sep 2015
Reply to StarZone1
Henestly, I just don't like Saeki as a character, don't know what it is but he just irritates me. I also feel like he's subtracted from other character relations that were started and then just dropped for him. Really I feel like the story could happen without him and it would be no great loss.
@StarZone1 You keep complaining about Saeki in every single episode thread. XD XD.
Sep 18, 2023 8:42 AM
Mar 2015
Our bois done good
Sep 18, 2023 11:15 AM

Jan 2010
I don't like that ryuji was showed in a good light, trying to show that he was a good father. He is scum, I don't care. I never liked those characters that are really bad and then it's is a misunderstanding or something like that, it one of the reason I dropped boku no hero.

Well at least the ending was funny and aono got his revenge againts saeki.
Sep 20, 2023 5:45 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Grecefar
I don't like that ryuji was showed in a good light, trying to show that he was a good father. He is scum, I don't care. I never liked those characters that are really bad and then it's is a misunderstanding or something like that, it one of the reason I dropped boku no hero.

Well at least the ending was funny and aono got his revenge againts saeki.
@Grecefar I didnt understand it as trying to show that he was good but an inner-reflexion from Aono-kun which could be seen as "yes, i hate you for what you did,but in the end i still love you, i kind of forgive you", with the season's metaphor.

This remembers me when Aono "forgives" Saeki a few episodes ago.
Sep 20, 2023 3:57 PM

Jan 2010
Reply to falko92
@Grecefar I didnt understand it as trying to show that he was good but an inner-reflexion from Aono-kun which could be seen as "yes, i hate you for what you did,but in the end i still love you, i kind of forgive you", with the season's metaphor.

This remembers me when Aono "forgives" Saeki a few episodes ago.
@falko92 ehh I understand that, the thing is there were scenes were aono was remembering the moments were ryuji acted like a good father, I didn't like that because until now he was shown to be scum and still is.
Sep 20, 2023 4:08 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Grecefar
@falko92 ehh I understand that, the thing is there were scenes were aono was remembering the moments were ryuji acted like a good father, I didn't like that because until now he was shown to be scum and still is.
@Grecefar Yes, he is a scumbag, a narcissist and several more things, but until now as you say, Aono just remembered the bad times, but hey, he even has a half brother now...i guess he was trying to see it different this time, for once.

But yes, this so-sudden character development is awkward, too rushed. I guess it is explained better within the manga...
Sep 24, 2023 12:07 PM

Oct 2019
lol, gives a plant some milk to grow. That was quite funny.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Oct 10, 2023 12:52 PM

Oct 2017
Hajime finally faced his past and he grew himself as well his music. Saeki finally understood what other have felt towards him. Watching Harada senpai wanting to stay, makes me feel really bad that the author didn't focus on him at all and it's already time for his final performance soon.
Dec 22, 2023 8:38 PM

Dec 2022
I feel like Aono has started to slowly to remove his hatred for his father (not to the extent that he will forgive him) that makes his father's teachings from the past giving him some hints now to produce a better sound. It's like having a teacher once again, no wonder he wasn't satisfied by his performance a few episodes before this episode due to his anger for his father that stopped him remembering what his father has taught him in the past.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 24 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2023

29 by LockardGamer »»
Mar 12, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 11, 2023

18 by Asanchan »»
Feb 8, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 23 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2023

18 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 22 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2023

10 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:55 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 20 Discussion

otakuweek - Sep 10, 2023

13 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 18, 2023 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.