Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2023 9:31 PM

Oct 2019
I’ll be honest, last ep I wasn’t feeling it. But this ep, I really enjoyed the rockian brothers. It was sad seeing shonari bullied and when he stepped up, he got into trouble and his bro bailed him out. Def dug this ep for just the bros mainly. Some funny animation moments like the cops and yakuza goinga after Haruko in black and white manga format. Also, we see how shonari got that blade. And As I Said as I said, Pillows did good.

Im curious to see where we will go next and learn more about the blacksmith daughter.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Sep 16, 2023 9:35 PM

Mar 2014
Same action from last week but now we get rock boy's perspective on events. Seeing Haruko as a stern yakuza boss was new lol
Sep 16, 2023 9:42 PM
Sep 2022
I like it, there was some shots that where amazing and looked really good. I especially like how be got episode 1 but from a different perspective it really does alot when it comes to telling the character's stories. can't wait for the next episode really looking forward to it
Sep 16, 2023 9:52 PM

Feb 2019
Is it on Netflix or what? I’m gonna tap in here in a bit. Seeing the scores are VERY low though, what’re people not liking?
Sep 16, 2023 9:56 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to Marinate1016
Is it on Netflix or what? I’m gonna tap in here in a bit. Seeing the scores are VERY low though, what’re people not liking?
@Marinate1016 It airs on toonami and then next day, it can be watched on Max.
Pretty certain many people are put off by the 3d animation and several are tired of them pumping out new FLCLs that can't get to the same heights as the OG.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Sep 16, 2023 9:59 PM

Feb 2019
FireRifle64 said:
@Marinate1016 It airs on toonami and then next day, it can be watched on Max.
Pretty certain many people are put off by the 3d animation and several are tired of them pumping out new FLCLs that can't get to the same heights as the OG.

Thanks. Damn that sadly is usually the case when it comes to making sequels like this
Sep 17, 2023 11:02 AM

Apr 2008
Guess the final episode will be the girl's perspective. Has me thinking about nostalgia, since so many of the moments that make me go why are genuinely pretty similar to the first. I'd like to say they were better executed before, but aside from the weaker visuals it's hard to say. I don't see this finding its own identity in one more episode, but I'm still gonna watch it.
Sep 17, 2023 3:50 PM
Sep 2023
This is the worst thing since 9/11. There's really nothing to say about it. Either you realize how obviously shit this is, or you're basically willing to watch and enjoy anything marketed as FLCL as long as they dust off the rights to use a few Pillows songs.
Sep 18, 2023 1:28 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
@Marinate1016 The animation and people just getting sick of FLCL. It's not on Netflix but it's on Adult Swim/Toonami. If you have a TV provider, you can watch it online. You want the link? I like it personally but do acknowledge it's the weakest of the bunch.

Also while what you say is true the FLCL sequels aren't even remotely bad in my opinion you got a lot of people who have eaten too many member berries.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 18, 2023 1:30 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was much better animated, directed, acted, and just overall mroe put together. I don't know if it is great or not but this episode was much more polish. The voice acting was much more on point.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 18, 2023 4:44 PM

Apr 2012
not as bad as 1st ep, but still feels as cheap attempt to make some from original's popularity. nothing really happens and noting explained in this ep. next one should be final, let's hope it will bring some distinct resolve.
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Sep 21, 2023 7:28 AM

Jan 2021
Okay. First of all, The Pillows have knocked it out of the park again when it comes to audio design. Every scenes music is beautiful and I can't find a fault with it. Also I really am enjoying the character work. Oninoko is such a sweetheart and Haruko is a delight as always
Sep 21, 2023 9:59 PM
Sep 2023
Honestly didn't think this episode was so bad, but I wish this wasn't FLCL. Overall it was better then the first though still about as average as you can get for a show.

One major issue I had (this is more of a nitpick) Is that they just completely explained what the eyebrows represent from the first series and it just makes me worry that nothing about this series is going to be left up to the imagination. This has been a previous issue with the other seasons and it just constantly reminds me that I'm not watching a creative piece of art but just some company trying to get the most out of a license they have.

But hey at least this is the best Haruko we've gotten from a sequel series
Sep 22, 2023 5:07 AM
Mar 2017
How on earth can people think that this episode or series is average or even bad? I don't understand. This episode was an easy 5/5 and the series is an easy 9/10.

The CGI is excellent. I don't know what else to say. It's good CGI. It's not average. It's not bad. It's extremely good. The stylization and the way they did the art. The way it was animated. It's excellent CGI. It can obviously be a little bit better but it doesn't get much better than this unless you go to astounding budgets like Arcane.

If you want bad CGI check out Nier: Automata episode 1. That's "the worst" CGI I've ever seen. It was even worse than Vexille and Appleseed and those had some pretty terrible CGI. Come back after seeing all three of those and tell me this CGI is a 2/10. I dare you.

The rest of the show is an easy 9/10. The visuals and pacing reminded me of episode 1 of Zom 100. The various perspectives advanced the story like Baccano, though definitely not as good :p. This was a flatout banger. If you honestly think that this was a 4/10 then please watch actual 4/10 anime like Avenger or 1/10 anime like Scarlet Nexus. Check out some of the average anime from this season as well. Are you honestly telling me that this was worse than Devil is a Part Timer Season 2 Part 2 or The Misfit of Demon King Academy Season 2? I think people are simply overreacting.

I almost passed on this anime because of its terrible score. I'm so happy I read the reviews and controversy and gave it a chance. This is being unfairly judged. I would rather get 10 shows of this caliber every season than more slop like My Unique Skill Makes Me OP Even At Level 1, a show that is currently rated 6.2, which is higher than FLCL: Grunge. You telling me My Unique Skill Makes Me OP Even At Level 1 is better than this?

nes rant over. go away =p
nestharusSep 22, 2023 5:12 AM
Sep 22, 2023 2:25 PM
Mar 2020
Reply to nestharus
How on earth can people think that this episode or series is average or even bad? I don't understand. This episode was an easy 5/5 and the series is an easy 9/10.

The CGI is excellent. I don't know what else to say. It's good CGI. It's not average. It's not bad. It's extremely good. The stylization and the way they did the art. The way it was animated. It's excellent CGI. It can obviously be a little bit better but it doesn't get much better than this unless you go to astounding budgets like Arcane.

If you want bad CGI check out Nier: Automata episode 1. That's "the worst" CGI I've ever seen. It was even worse than Vexille and Appleseed and those had some pretty terrible CGI. Come back after seeing all three of those and tell me this CGI is a 2/10. I dare you.

The rest of the show is an easy 9/10. The visuals and pacing reminded me of episode 1 of Zom 100. The various perspectives advanced the story like Baccano, though definitely not as good :p. This was a flatout banger. If you honestly think that this was a 4/10 then please watch actual 4/10 anime like Avenger or 1/10 anime like Scarlet Nexus. Check out some of the average anime from this season as well. Are you honestly telling me that this was worse than Devil is a Part Timer Season 2 Part 2 or The Misfit of Demon King Academy Season 2? I think people are simply overreacting.

I almost passed on this anime because of its terrible score. I'm so happy I read the reviews and controversy and gave it a chance. This is being unfairly judged. I would rather get 10 shows of this caliber every season than more slop like My Unique Skill Makes Me OP Even At Level 1, a show that is currently rated 6.2, which is higher than FLCL: Grunge. You telling me My Unique Skill Makes Me OP Even At Level 1 is better than this?

nes rant over. go away =p
They hate it cause it's cg and they try really hard to hide their prejudice.
Sep 23, 2023 1:01 AM

Oct 2012
I gotta say, this episode was WAY better than the first one. Crazy that it's only 3 episodes.. so I guess we'll see how it end in the next one.
Sep 23, 2023 4:39 PM

Mar 2019
I know the cool thing is to hate on this... But that was actually really fucking good.

Really like the Rockian characters, and the animation was actually really nice to look at in this episode. I was sort of positive on the first episode given how it exceeded my very low expectations, but this 2nd episode was legitimately very good. The final shots of Haruko speeding towards Medical Mechanica on the vespa was very pretty.
Sep 28, 2023 7:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the story from another character view!!!! ;)

Be-careful with the flies!!!
kekeke
Oct 8, 2023 9:20 AM

Oct 2016
The first episode was complete crap, this one was much better for explaining everything, even if it doesn't make sense, obviously, and narratively was kind of a mess at times.
Oct 8, 2023 10:51 PM

Apr 2019
Damn, Shonari's back story is sad man. Also really weird to see dudes die in a FLCL project. Just doesn't feel right ya know?
Story tied in nicely with the latter half of the first episode. I can always dig storytelling like that.

Didn't mention it last time, but it's great to see the yellow vespa again. All we need is the blue Rickenbacker and we're set.

Also, loved how they used 'Bran-new love song' even if it was only used for 30 seconds. Also liked the seeing Shonari and Orinoko interact. Probably cause this is the most we've seen of her since her bried interaction with Shin last episode.

Speaking of the girl in question, the last episode should 'mostly' focus on her. So interested in seeing how this wraps up.

Oct 23, 2023 3:24 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What a blood pumper. I loved this episode, Shonari might just be him, way better than Shinpachi's episode.
Nov 3, 2023 11:27 PM

Nov 2010
I really like the OST in this show, especially the one playing for the first half of the episode. That was so chill to listen to, especially during the scene when Orinoko was staring at the sky. The animation during the close-up of her face looked good, too.

Shonari in love is so adorable. I wonder how they are gonna have sex if she gave him a chance. Hehe!

More topics from this board

» This IS Fooly Cooly

benniboii - Sep 11, 2023

22 by benniboii »»
May 9, 9:14 PM

Poll: » FLCL: Grunge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireRifle64 - Sep 9, 2023

66 by 0foron »»
May 4, 3:46 AM

Poll: » FLCL: Grunge Episode 3 Discussion

FireRifle64 - Sep 23, 2023

30 by Titadou »»
Mar 9, 10:04 AM

» Why won't they let it die?!

AnimeMastery - Sep 15, 2023

3 by AnimeMastery »»
Oct 13, 2023 5:18 PM

» stop milking this series :(

EmilCioran - Mar 18, 2022

36 by xBuster6 »»
Sep 12, 2023 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.