Forum Settings
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 9, 2023 11:08 AM
Jun 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of leading a fan translation project of the Sugar Apple Fairy Tale light novel.
So, I'd like to know, if anyone has a link with all the volume raws (up to volume 18), I'd really appreciate if you would share it with me, and thank you.
Sep 10, 2023 12:36 AM

Mar 2013
It's already licensed in English and currently on-going. Why do you even need to fan-translate it? do you not even want to support the author?

And why would someone share it with you? that's a crime...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 10, 2023 1:39 AM
Jun 2021
astralkill00 said:
It's already licensed in English and currently on-going. Why do you even need to fan-translate it? do you not even want to support the author?

Chill.. I wanna do that cuz I've been on a forum where pple are just asking to know what's gonna happen in the future volumes but cannot put their hands on spoilers and / or don't understand japanese. And since I have a way of translating it, I wanna do that for the fandom. I won't be able to provide neat, nor close to perfect translation anyways. Fan projects by and for Fans have existed since as far as I can remember. It creates hypes and discussions around mangas and series adn it is not necessarily a bad thing. Plus, if I saw that my translation became "way too popular", wich would "harm the author's sales" (wich I genuily doubt), I can simply take them down once the official releases come out.
Jan 16, 10:04 AM

Jun 2009
Reply to Rima128
astralkill00 said:

Chill.. I wanna do that cuz I've been on a forum where pple are just asking to know what's gonna happen in the future volumes but cannot put their hands on spoilers and / or don't understand japanese. And since I have a way of translating it, I wanna do that for the fandom. I won't be able to provide neat, nor close to perfect translation anyways. Fan projects by and for Fans have existed since as far as I can remember. It creates hypes and discussions around mangas and series adn it is not necessarily a bad thing. Plus, if I saw that my translation became "way too popular", wich would "harm the author's sales" (wich I genuily doubt), I can simply take them down once the official releases come out.
@Rima128 But the official release IS out. Even I in my crap country can get my hands on it, either in book form via Amazon, or as digital book via pages like Bookwalker. And I am legally not even allowed to have PayPal lol

not ranting against you or throwing shade, but you wrote "once the official releases come out" and they're coming out alright.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Volume 3 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
May 5, 2016 2:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Volume 2 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
May 5, 2016 1:58 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Volume 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
Mar 25, 2016 6:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.